awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 17:53:45 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Earlier in the day, Oscar had requested 's presence in his office. They had only just finished a staggering project, but there was still much to discuss. She would hopefully appear later in the day, whenever her schedule would be open. She would inevitably arrive to find a very different office than the one she had entered a month ago.

Oscar had properly decorated his office, providing himself a nicer desk and computer. An end table with two leather sofas on either side were the main centerpieces, with various charts and graphs lining the walls. Oscar would be seated at his desk, pouring wine into two glasses. Upon her entry he would look up, an enthusiastic smile instantaneously appearing to greet her.

"Lulu! Get in here, I can't drink this bottle by myself."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON May 29, 2021 22:10:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
The word ‘can’t’, more often than not, disguised merely a lack of motivation.

She walked in, click click, and found herself a spot on one of the leather sofas. Her amber eyes smiled, refreshed by the dreams of a Snorunt. “It looks nice in here, Oscar.”

The glasses were eyed briefly and then back to him.

“What’s this about, then? I’ve been wondering all afternoon.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 2:39:53 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
As Lulu chose a place on one of the sofas, Oscar would rise from his desk. Holding the two glasses in his hands, the beast would make his way to the opposite side and seat himself. He would slide one of the glasses across the table to sit in front of Lulu, should she desire to drink from it. Oscar took a swig of his own beverage before answering Lulu's question.

"How would you feel about a more long-term collaboration?" Oscar considered leaving out details until she responded with curiosity, but he could hardly contain himself as it was. "I gotta be honest Lulu, and what I'm about to tell you I don't tell a lot of people. You're a treasure, and I would be honestly devastated if I never got to work with you again. I'd like to invest in your projects, lend a hand in your ambitions. Would this interest you?"

Oscar sipped his wine slowly, attempting to mask his nerves as he waited for Lulu to respond.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2021 11:24:41 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Wine was Lulu’s least favorite, but ’s taste for it had bled into her over time. Still, the swell of the glass sat heavy and untouched on a curled wrist, for now, as she leaned back into leather.

She smiled back with the utmost genuineness. It was great to be appreciated. It was especially great to be offered investments.

“Well of course, yes.” She shifted, crossing an ankle, body unsure if it was the right one.

Ooh. This was actually a bit of an odd spot to be in.

“What sort of work is it that would interest you, though, Oscar?” Her eyes sharpened with quick-enough reclaim of confidence. “My own projects are not quite ready for presentation. Maybe that knowledge could help inform my decisions.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:24:04 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar's eyebrows raised, a smile crossing his face as he took another sip of his wine. He didn't expect her to agree so willingly, and honestly he was more than a bit pleased. Of course then she asked what he was actually interested in and his expression scrunched a bit. 

"That is the million dollar question, isn't it?

Oscar put his glass down, gingerly pushing it away for now. He folded his hands, looking directly at Lulu with a friendly smirk. "I want what you want Lulu. You have a beautiful mind and I don't think you get to express it enough. My investment isn't for anything in particular, rather than the certainty that without limits you can do amazing things."

Oscar tapped his fingers together, leaning on one of his elbows as he swiveled his head, "How does that knowledge make you feel?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:44:12 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Million-dollar question. Hopefully they’d make more than that. Her face pinched devilishly.

His compliments were so grandiose that she flushed. In an attempt to hide it, she took a deep sip of wine that, for once, she didn't want. The question brought her back down from disassociating at the ceiling.

“I guess it makes me feel great.” she responded, unsure, but forcing teeth anyways.

She leaned forward and placed her glass on the table between them as well, then laced fingers together. “If all of that’s true, while I'm grateful, I'll ask you for time to think. Let me consider what to present to you.”

“I won’t ask for your money blind, Oscar—contract or not. With all due respect, that’s a bit much pressure in this environment.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 2:54:10 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar nodded slowly, his smile faltering for a moment. This was a turn, but he understood. His smile returned after a moment, his gaze remaining soft. 

"Of course Lulu, my offer for support is open and ongoing. Basically, if you need anything don't hesitate to let me know." Oscar thought for a moment, as if deciding whether or not to tell Lulu something. Which he was, he didn't know whether what he had would interest Lulu--but then again fuck it who cares.

Oscar pulled out his phone, and after a few swipes he would slide it across the table toward Lulu. "Take a look at that. I want to know your opinion."

On the screen Lulu would see a blueprint for a perpetual motion machine, a sort of battery that could cycle infinity energy indefinitely at a smaller charge. Oscar watched intently, curious about what his colleague thought.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 7:52:29 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Her fingers flexed across her knee and she shifted, perhaps considering an idea but pushing it further to the back of her throat. Later. Save it.

A phone was slid in her direction across the table.

Her head turned a couple of different directions throughout a very long moment of silence as she put together possible functions. Eventually, a few things began to ping.

How did he do this? His engineering impressed her, and perhaps she’d still underestimated it. It was not unlike her to do such a thing, but she learned lessons quickly, and it wouldn’t happen again. Oscar was invaluable, and the prospect of financial investment took a backseat to free, lawless progress.

At that second, she decided: they would be partners. She would make it happen.

“Well shit, Oscar…” She held the phone, pinching at different corners to investigate details. “If this works, I think it’d groundbreaking on every level.”

Placing the phone back on the table, she looked up at him, and took the glass of wine back into her hand, happy to have the spotlight shifted, and comfortable enough to take a sip. “What are your plans for that? ... What do you even call it?”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 0:13:10 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar chugged the rest of his wine as Lulu spoke. The blueprint was the key to a beautiful future, but the way he obtained it won't make Lulu happy. She needed to know though, and Oscar had to weather her reaction. He put the glass down, breathing deeply as he put his hands in his lap.

"I'm calling it a perpetual motion battery. I wish I could take credit for its design, but I'm afraid we have Silph co's engineers to thank for this." Oscar sighed a bit as he stood up, making his way toward a nearby cabinet as he continued. "I made a deal with Mr. Silph. A risky move perhaps, but considering how valuable this device will be I felt it was a necessary sacrifice."

Oscar opened the cabinet, revealing a plethora of alcohol. He had the suspicion he would need something stronger for the rest of this conversation. "He wanted a source of energy, I provided him the successful prototype generator we weren't using. In exchange he gave me this design, discarded by his company as a failed pipe-dream." Oscar pulled some bourbon and two glasses from a shelf, carrying them back to the table before sitting down. 

"I imagine this isn't pleasant news for you to hear, I wish to know how you feel about it. Truthfully."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2021 0:36:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She watched him chug the wine, free of judgment but not yet partaking to such an extent herself. She would catch up. This topic was much too important to her to sully with a bad habit.

’s name reminded her of their recent evening, and outing which had seen, perhaps, her greatest mistake to date—at least, that she could remember. 'A risky move'. She said nothing, listening carefully without interjection, and willing nerves to the back of her mind.

His offer of liquor seemed much more appealing, especially now.

Stupid. Stupid.

“I’m not here to criticize your business decisions, Oscar. And as you know, I’ve developed a good relationship with Silph.”

“Regardless, these aren’t the first ideas you’ve acquired from those engineers. I’d imagine many of them were retained from Devon Corp.”

“I trust your judgment—but I have to ask: Why does my opinion matter, anyways? I’m not exactly a figure of your company.”

Not that his value in her own judgment wasn't greatly appreciated. 

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 21:25:07 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar narrowed his eyes, almost surprised at what Lulu had said. An amused smile crossed his face, as if he had finally gotten the punchline to a joke. He chuckled lightly, shaking his head as he reclined.

"I mean, of course your opinion matters Lulu. I consider you my friend. You've earned my trust and I value your insight.

Oscar took a sip of his hard liquor, making a face as he swallowed. He raised the cup to eye level and swished it around as if searching for something. "Speaking of, how does this bourbon taste to you? I don't normally get this brand and it seems--I dunno bitter?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2021 23:14:19 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
A friend.

She gave a smirk and took a glass, bringing it more willingly to her lips. The bite was aggressive, and she wasn’t quite sure about it either—but it certainly beat the wine.

“It’s… bitter, but good.” An honest assessment, no more, no less. Too smoky for her, maybe. She preferred the sweetness of aged tequila, and similar-tasting bourbons. Caramel.

“Wouldn’t turn it down. Thank you.”

Friend.

Another sip, and she cut her eyes only a touch.

“Well, as a friend, I’d be curious what he wants all of that energy for—unless you already know. As far as being bummed that you sent off the prototype; no offense, but I’ll be happy if I never see it again.”

“Maybe I could help renovate this pipe dream of theirs.”

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 19:56:03 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar leaned back as Lulu gave her assessment. It was perhaps due to his preexisting buzz, but he suddenly decided that this bourbon tasted fantastic and had himself another solid gulp. Didn't even burn this time, the wonders of psychology. 

Oscar nodded as Lulu shared some concerns, though she seemed to be overall satisfied with Oscar calling her his friend. Good, he was worried for a moment that she would jump to her feet and laugh at Oscar in his face or something. A Rocket Beast having feelings? What was the world coming to? He gave a slow pop of his tongue as he thought of a response.

"Well, it's our pipe dream now. I'd be more than happy to accept the help." Oscar put down his glass and rolled his neck. "As for good ol' Fernando, I have no idea what he wants with that much power. Probably something dangerous and horrifying, but at least he just has the prototype. Not much reason to keep that thing anyway beyond sentimentality, we've already outpaced it."

It may seem as if Oscar was underestimating Fernando's capabilities, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. He knew exactly how dangerous the Silph CEO was, and while his plans worried Oscar there was no way to know exactly what they were and thus no reason to fret over them. Unless...

Oscar raised an eyebrow, "You know--if you have a good relationship with Mr. Silph, it's possible that he would be willing to divulge some details about his plan? Might be something to consider."

Oscar looked off past Lulu, briefly lost in his own curiosity.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,412 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 3:07:31 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
Dangerous and horrifying. Her eyes cut a moment and she searched his own, perhaps visibly concerned—although she did check it quickly. All evidence faded.

Lulu sipped from her glass, but her hand shook the tiniest bit as it lowered back to her knee.

“Fair enough.”

She shifted a little, her brow inclining towards him with acute attention even as he seemed to sink into more ease on her opposite.

Espionage. The thing that she had set out to do, which they had not asked her to do before. Now, when she wanted to stay away the most, she was drawn back in.

For science.

Perhaps, for something else… subconscious, still, even as everything was resurfacing with growing frequency.

“That’s a thought.”

Another sip. She set it on the table and moved even closer.

“Why do you think he would use it for dangerous things?”

Lulu had been in ten months. She kept her nose in her work, and hadn’t learned enough about ’s relationship with Rocket. When had attempted to warn her, it had devolved into a bad time, and it hadn't been revisited. Few others knew of her relationship with the councilman.

She’d learned more about his relationship with the progression of technology. That’s what she’d attempted to infiltrate, originally. It still interested her.

If loyalty could no longer be her strong suit, perhaps bravery could.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
We All Have A Hunger [c]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 0:36:31 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
He couldn't tell if Lulu was into the idea of becoming a spy, and he couldn't blame her if she wasn't. It was a large amount of responsibility to take, packaged with a shit ton of risk. He didn't press, it would be up to her to decide if it was worth it to her. 

Oscar stroked his chin when she asked what made him think Fernando was dangerous. Eventually he shrugged, scrunching his face as he topped off his glass. "He seems the type. Always planning, scheming. He's the kind of guy that has his own agenda and never stops working on it. It's his life, his legacy. That's a recipe for a very dangerous man."

Oscar took a sip, shuddering at the thought of going into opposition with Silph directly. It was a scenario that was best avoided, yet he couldn't help but feel as if eventually their interests would clash. He wouldn't be able to avoid conflict with the mega-billionaire then. Would he be ready? Could he pull such a match up off?

Oscar swallowed bitterly, wishing to expel such thoughts from his head. He attempted to regain a joyful expression, though in the end it came out a bit forced. "Perhaps he isn't a threat at all, though it wouldn't hurt to be ready if he becomes one."