thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 19:40:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]playfulness fades in favor of hesitance birthed out of something beyond years of indifference. he singles it out because he knows what it is. he's always known.

"i'm..."

he hesitates, pausing.

"i'm afraid, cillian."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 19:45:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
The admission of fear is surprising, but Gavin does not give in to defensiveness as he had before. He doesn't pull away, fingers idly tracing the scar on Theo's shoulder.

"Afraid of what?"
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 19:56:44 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i'm afraid i'll lose you."

cillian's touch is enough to ground him.

"...like i lost them."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 20:15:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin considers the words, quiet.

Theo deserves more than an empty promise. It was as Walsh had said to him — words meant nothing. Stay with me and you'll be safe. Only they'd been forced apart, and safe was not the word Gavin would attribute to his time in Hoenn.

"Not planning on being lost, Beck." There's a touch of humour in his tone but it's weighed down by the gravity of the words. "... I'm afraid, too."

Vulnerability is not something Gavin wears well. Though he finds it difficult, he shifts to look Theo in the eye.

"But I'm also powerful. I won't go down easy. I get my way, I never will."

Teeth flash in a dangerous smile.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 20:24:03 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i know you are."

so was he, once. he thought he was high enough in the chain of command to be relatively untouched. he thought that success and good work would in turn mean safety.

but he remembers being forced apart. he remembers how helpless he felt.

"but things aren't always in our control."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 20:31:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Beckett is right.

Gavin remembers how it had felt, in Kanto, when he'd been given the news. Like the entire world had dropped out beneath his feet and he was floating in an endless abyss of uncertainty and isolation.

But he thinks of how it had felt to lose Emma, and those feelings aren't so different.

"It will hurt either way, if it happens." He traces a hand along Theo's jaw, tender. "So why torture ourselves with fearing it in the meantime?"
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 20:40:54 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he leans into the touch, head tilting to meet his gaze.

"i trust you."

he leans in for a kiss, soft.

"you kept me safe in mount pyre, after all."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 20:49:27 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Trust.

It's not something Gavin affords often, for his entire life has been a demonstration of how it could be used against him. But Theo has shown him that it doesn't have to be, that it can be raw and honest and real.

"I trust you, too."

He kisses back, gentle where he'd once been fierce.

"Had to, didn't I?" It's teasing, with a slight smile. "You had our Yamask."
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 20:51:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i seem to recall a few other incidents besides that."

the tease is reflected, returned, and a similar smile breaks on him.

"were you worried, cillian?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
checkup
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 20:59:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I like it when you call me that."

It feels, in a way, like he is reclaiming an identity. No more hiding from Rocket, from Theo, but more importantly — no more hiding from himself. Gavin Merlino was a mask that fit tight as a second skin, but Cillian was real.

"Might've been a little worried," he admits, ducking his head with a soft laugh. "Hadn't seen you in years, couldn't have you dying on me before I got to show you my left hook."

He mimes a punch, but it turns into a caress against Theo's cheek.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
checkup
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 9:37:24 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]a chuckle escapes as the mimed punch connects. he leans into his touch, appreciating.

"i was worried, too. i had been since you left."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
checkup
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 11:57:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Arceus, Theo, it was terrifying."

He doesn't like to admit weakness but Theo's presence is a comfort, their mutual fears settling between them.

"Managed to avoid involvement in the big fights by sheer fucking luck; I don't think I'd have made it out alive if I hadn't." He was strong nowthen he'd been little more than a grunt separated from the unit he'd spent his life training alongside. "Wasn't till after Silas that I felt safe enough to stand out. I wanted them to send me back to Kanto... but I was needed here, so I stayed."

He closes his eyes, head resting on Theo's shoulder.

"I'm glad you're here."

Not only in Hoenn, but in his life once more.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
checkup
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 14:20:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"i'm glad, too."

because his life isn't in the ruins of kanto. his life is here, in the future of hoenn.

"i'll stay with you this time."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
checkup
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 14:48:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Mm. You'd better."

There's a growl in his tone, an undercurrent of threat, but it's offset by the warmth of his smile.

"Did any of the others follow you over?"

Their old team was the closest he'd had to friends in those days.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
checkup
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 16:19:20 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"a few."

he pauses, reminiscing.

", , , ."

his voice lowers after the second, leaving a bitter taste at the memory of raziel.

"'s here, too."

[attr="class","noodles"]