Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Hideo vs Doug (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 21:52:16 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
He who laughs last, laughs hardest. Laser-guided karma for the haughty. You get the picture.

The Stoutland was smirking right back at the Lycanroc, his mustache wiggling with his snorts. Seemed like Rocky couldn't take what he dished.

"Don't be angry, Rocky!" Doug said as he raised a finger in the air and rolled it around, drawing a nod from the Stoutland. "We are all friends here, right?"

The stoutland moved, though slightly more sluggish than before, dodging around the rocks Rocky launched, away from the dog himself, utilizing them as cover.

Even if he couldn't see the other dog... he already had his scent.

Moving quickly, as one of them landed and rolled over the floor, he leapt atop it and then pushed off, intent on intercepting Rocky while its maw began to freeze over. It was time to put end this!

-Caesar dodged around the rocks, interposing them between himself and the charging Rocky.
-Still possessing Rocky's scent from the previous turns, Caesar leapt atop one of the rocks, then pushed off to intercept Rocky with Ice fang.
-Caesar is getting very tired.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Doug (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 23:35:43 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Had Rocky not been solely focused on the Stoutland, he would’ve shot Doug a Mean Look right there. Maybe another time, when he wasn’t deep into a fight. And besides, the Stoutland was acting smug too, so Rocky’s attention was on that display. Even as the Stoutland evaded his Accelerock, using his Rock Tomb as cover, Rocky pursued him, intent to get that hit in.

They both look tired,” the Rotomdex said. Their fight was going to end soon, and at this point, it could’ve gone to either of them. “The Stoutland’s avoiding Rocky with those rocks, but he just jumped at Rocky and-

Hideo knew what the Stoutland was going for - another attack. But he knew that even if he shouted for Rocky to avoid it, Rocky wouldn’t listen. There was nothing to stop the Stoutland from biting into Rocky, the Lycanroc letting out a yelp.

Rocky had run (heh) himself ragged chasing after that Stoutland, and the attack nearly made him fade out - until he heard Hideo shout one more order: “Get’im, Rocky!” And by Arceus, he did not want to let Hideo down.

Also, he was pissed, and he did not want to go down to this other dog.

His claws glowed once more, and he aimed to deal a Rock Climb strike right to the Stoutland’s belly, even as the frost formed over where he was bitten.

Rocky was hit by the Ice Fang
Rocky toughed it out to show his best side to Hideo.  Also because he angy.
Rocky used Rock Climb

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Hideo vs Doug (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 1:09:15 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Badly timed relief could be one's downfall.

In Caesar's case, it came when Rocky first began to fade out. Relief had begun flooding his tired, battered body in that moment. But that merely slowed him down- made him more susceptible to a reversal.

And a reversal he got.

Following the slam to its gut, the Stoutland's eyes snapped wide open, before rolling to the back of its skull, its grip on Rocky weakening as it slumped off to the side, unconscious.

Frankly speaking, nobody was as surprised as Doug, despite his endless faith in Hideo. For a moment, he didn't know what to say or how to feel; his pride was rather confused...

But he could feel in his face a big grin tugging, so he guessed his body already knew.

The youth returned his pokemon to its net ball, before he began to clap his hands.

"Congratulations, Challenger Kino!" He said, a big grin on his lips.

He crossed over the distance of the battlefield, reaching over to ruffle Hideo's hair as he dropped on a crouch in front of the kid.

"I would give ya a badge, but ya already got that." He said. "So I'mma let'cha in on a secret instead. If ya manage to win against a Gym Leader in this tournament... They HAVE to give you their badge. No need for long waiting lists or convincing yer parents to let'cha go."

He winked, even if Hideo couldn't see it.

"Go get 'em, tiger. I expect a full Badge-case by the end of this tournament!"

-Ded Fainted.
-Hideo wins!
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,444 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Hideo vs Doug (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 2:13:34 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Nothing to break the tension like your flying, talking Pokedex. “Didn’t see that one coming.

Well I can’t see anything coming. What happened?

He could hear the two canines hit the ground, and his heart beat harder as he waited to hear who came out on top. He got the answer: “The Stoutland is down! Rocky won!

It took Hideo a moment to process what he was told. Some part of him struggled to believe that he’d actually done it. It wasn’t like with that gym challenge, when he was dealing with a lot of sleepy and distracted guards; this was a to-the-faint battle against Doug, the guy mentoring him for the past half a year.

But he heard Doug clapping. Congratulating him. Addressing him as a “challenger”. Holy crap he actually did it! He was immediately giddy with excitement, his hands shaking as he giggled to himself in pure joy.

Helped that it was also his first win of the Star Tournament.

Doug had approached him, rustling his hair (as usual) and letting him in on a little “secret”...which made Hideo pause. “...wait, really?” Not that he doubted Doug, just that...if he kept this up, he could actually get every badge.  He could actually go from here to battling the Elite Four to battling the Champion and-

But before he could get lost in his joy, he felt a very shaky Rocky brush up against him. “I...I should get you to a Center,” he said, procuring Rocky’s Pokeball and drawing him back in. “Thank you Doug, really! I hope you do well in the rest of the tournament!” He waved to Doug before making his way out of the arena - to a Pokemon Center he could drop Rocky off at before heading to his next match., his Rotomdex following him and guiding him all the way.

It was a good thing there were Pokemon dedicated to cleaning up the arenas after each battle. Because Hideo and Doug had left quite the mess with all those rocks lying about.

Hideo won!...barely
Rocky should probably see a Nurse Joy

-End Thread-

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Hideo vs Doug (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 8:47:44 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]H✩T BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: