6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 5:39:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his baby's gym trainer... it felt like it was just yesterday when was training under him and all he did for a pokemon battle was have his pokemon use their most powerful move and use it repeatedly.

when he got approached for a match, he can't help but feel nostalgic. it doubles up when they start to figure out the format, in which kyle releases two fighting-types for it.

"similar set-up as my battle with my gym battle with noah, with a slight variation."

double battles with his kommo-o serving as the primary pokemon. he opts for a supporting pokemon this time instead of a secondary threat, wondering if it'll be better.

"let's see what you got."

@villetta
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 6:02:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=VT323:400]
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839921454543142962/849256298461921320/Diva_of_Despair.mp3[/player]

VS. GYM TRAINER VILLETTA

A battle against the Champion of Hoenn? Her blood was boiling with anticipation for the intense clash to come. The crowd around them was already going wild. Villetta knew none of it was for her, but their chanting was still music to her ears.

Vivi's own excitement diminishes slightly at the sight of the Riolu. "A baby Pokemon? Are you trying to insult me, Kyle Lopez?" she frowned.

"You'll regret underestimating me." her switch flipped, Villetta's Pokemon made the first move.

The beat of Heracross's wings as he Sword Dances kicks up a cloud of sand. Mienshao uses it to mask her movements. With the grace of a gymnast, she leaps through the air, attempting to bring a Draining Punch down onto Kommo-o's head.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 6:25:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i'm not though," he responds to her with a chuckle, his smile becoming more prominent wheen she launches an attack.

"colm, screech. kommo-o, dragon tail."

as the kommo-o's head gets brought down by the punch, the riolu vaults over the dragon's back. it opens its mouth and releases a loud, head-splitting sound like nails on a chalk board at its partner's attacker.

the kommo-o manages to ignore it despite his head being on the trajectory from being soundproof. regardless of how the mienshao reacts, it quickly spins around with its head still held low. its tail whips and tries to knock the mienshao towards the heracross, who had stayed further back.

@villetta
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 8:48:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/839921454543142962/849256298461921320/Diva_of_Despair.mp3[/player]

Vivi doesn't reply. This is a battle where banter will serve to distract her. Her mind needed to be focused, center - like the Mienshao she had so diligently trained.

A painful Screech assaults Mienshao's ears, her body locks up, and before she can move to block the sound, the Kommo-o strikes. Its armored tail slams against Chun-Li's side. She goes flying, wincing in pain on her way to Heracross.

Trying to catch Mienshao will only leave them both open to attack. Vivi sees right through his plan. "Heracross, move!" and the beetle obeys. Dashing forward so that Mienshao impacts hard against the sand.

He continues forward at a blinding speed.

"Aerial Ace!"

Heracross flies into the air, performing a loop and attempting to bring his claws dragging across Kommo-o's back.

From the backlines, Mienshao recovers. Her eyes narrow on the Riolu, and she launches an Aura Sphere across the field.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 4:01:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"switch!"

a word was enough to notify his pokemon that their roles have interchanged.

the kommo-o protects itself from incoming attacks with a timely barrier. it hunkers down with the riolu, deflecting both attacks aimed at them at the same time.

out of thee aftermath comes the riolu, leaping out of the kommo-o's protection. it copycats the move last used and runs across the kommo-o's back and jumping off at the tip of its tail. with an acrobatic maneuver, it performs an aerial ace back at the heracross.

@villetta
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 10:03:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Kyle's swift defense of both his Pokemon was impressive. Vivi was starting to see why Hoenn crowned him their Champion. But he wasn't the only one with a quick reaction time.

"Mienshao, defend!"

Mienshao's quick to cross the battlefield to do as ordered. Detect triggers as she nears the enemy. She's aware of Riolu's plan and flicks her wrist. The loose skin over her arms wraps around the airborne Heracross. A mighty tug pulls the beetle to the ground and out of harm's way.

"Attack before it can land!"

Heracross shoots up into the sky, Megahorn ready to run Riolu through.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 12:45:07 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the earlier attack turns to a feint. the force of the aerial ace turning to a weaker tap brings an error to the mienshao's calculations.

despite the awkward situation, the megahorn still hits the riolu away. it's small size manages to work against it this time, as it throws it all the ways off from where the two were.

"clanging scales."

the kommo-o readies its arms and points them at the duo. with riolu's attempt to foil the mienshao's defense and the heracross in mid-air, it gives the dragon-type a perfect opportunity to line up the move and hit the entire field, especially with riolu out of the way.

a blast of sound rages through the field from the kommo-o's scales, the intensity loud enough to even rip some of his scales off.

@villetta
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 13:12:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The feint prevents Mienshao from completing her tug. She's forced to pull her arm back, watching as Heracross takes the tap but lands the Megahorn.

Then comes Clanging Scales, the noise they make is ear-shattering, and Mienshao is blasted backward. Her body tumbles through the sand and to Villetta's feet. Heracross manages to dodge. A quick flutter of his wings provides just enough lift to carry him out of range.

Mienshao pushes herself up from the ground with gritted teeth. The Kommo-o needed to be removed. She charges attempting to land two strikes with Double-Slap before jumping back.

Heracross dives, Megahorn first, like a comet at the Kommo-o. Aiming to ram his horn into an area left exposed by the dragon's discard scales.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 18:29:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the attacks all converge to the kommo-o. the riolu is left alone, away from where the skirmish is. free to fire off an attack, it copycats the latest move used by its teammate.

clanging scales.

the same move blasts over the kommo-o's general direction, affecting both of its assailants but having him unaffected due to being soundproof. kyle shakes off sand from his shirt as the shockwaves from the attack blow some to his direction.

while the two beats the kommo-o up, the dragon-type readies for the heracross. double slap gets him to stagger, but determination doesn't stop it from losing track of its target.

the moment that the bug-type goes for its weak point, it tries to slam it hard to the ground with dragon tail to pin it down. a gash from the megahorn remains, evident when the kommo-o ironically winces in pain in an effort to hide it.

@villetta
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:12:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Villetta gritted her teeth to the sound of blood pumping in her ears. Clanging Scales, again? Neither of her Pokemon had time to prepare to handle the ear-shattering noise. They powered through, however, managing to stay on course for their attacks.

Dragon Tail hits its mark, slamming into Heracross's hardened carapace. Pinned against the sand, the beetle struggled to break free. "Tck." what a pickle. "Mienshao, help him out." Vivi ordered with a frown.

Straightforward in her tactics, Mienshao charged ahead and aimed a Drain Punch against Kommo-o's tail. If the force of the blow was enough to knock it off Heracross, the beetle would rush at Kommo-o to deliver a Throat Chop.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 9:31:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the tail does get knocked out and the kommo-o suddenly finds itself with searing pain in its throat. not that it does much talking, but it's enough to disable him from using his sound-based moves.

"go for the pink one," he tells his pokemon in case they haven't memorized pokemon species name like him.

the riolu is the one doing the sound-based move this time. he inhales before screeching at the top of his lungs towards the mienshao and tries to get it to lower its defenses because of it.

the kommo-o switches targets immediately, taking out a glare to the bug-type and to its partner. it encases its fist with poison before it attempts to clock the mienshao with a poison jab to its face.

@villetta
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:41:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Mienshao's exhaustion had been growing long before the screech assaulted her ears. It only hammers in the desperate nature of the situation. One that Kommo-o's poison tail takes full advantage of. The strike is enough to knock her out of the battle.

"Gaah!" an angry growl, Villetta almost forgets who she's facing. 's boyfriend. Anything she does here will surely get back to him.

A deep breath soothes the anger burning in her soul.

"Heracross, focus on the puppy." her pride won't allow her to fail this without at least one knockout. The beetle charged forward, Aerial Ace poised to strike the Riolu.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:48:33 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the small stature of the riolu eventually catches up to it. as soon as it attempts to wind down after yelling, it's soon hit with the heracross, unable to see it from tunneling on the mienshao.

while the heracross goes for the riolu, the kommo-o takes the opportunity to jump the bug-type. it's target was someone else. it'll take time for it to react, kyle supposes.

"poison jab."

the kommo-o drags itself and jumps onto the heracross' back, a fist glowing purple being struck at the heracross alongside its landing.

kyle, on the other hand, recalls the fallen riolu back to its ball.

@villetta
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 16:45:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Heracross is quick to Meinshao in defeat. The Kommo-o is too powerful, and he's too damaged to continue to the fight. Poison Jab slams against his hardened carapace, knocking him out.

Vivi grits her teeth and returns both her Pokemon. Three, three fucking losses. What happened to her? Where had the Beast of Pyrite gone, and why couldn't she find her.

She wants to leave immediately. Kyle's position deserved respect, however, so she stayed. An intensity barely contained swam inside her golden hues.

"Thank you for the battle." Villetta bowed her head, "It was very informative."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs villetta [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:12:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"good match! i'm glad i didn't disappoint."

he recalls the kommo-o back to its ball. it needed its well deserved rest after the match.

"guess i'll see you when i visit noah's gym? i'm heading to the pokemon center, so i need to go." kyle waves goodbye afterwards.

he turns to the direction of the pokemon center. most of the other pokemon he brought were close to fainting as well from other battles. he most likely needs to heal since he wants to continue battling for the day.

@villetta
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay