Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 3:33:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cyril was not here for himself.

He was here to look for . Surely someone looking to rub elbows with the common folk would come to something like this, yes?

Yet, somehow, when Cyril had been asking his very innocent questions to a bedraggled worker, he was ignored and just had a few tickets shoved in his face. Being set up for battles? Dreadful. Yet, with nothing else to do he figured he may as well go and meet whoever this '' was. Maybe she had seen Orion.

The field was simply plebeian, just a sand arena on the beach with a loose line of chalk to separate it from the rest of the area. He curled up his nose.

glaceon - female - snow cloak - freeze dry, hail, take down, mirror coat, helping hand, copycat

vanilluxe - male - ice body - mist, taunt, ice beam, weather ball, uproar, acid armor

he only has like 4 pokemon lol
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2021 6:56:41 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva was absolutely loving this. The sand, the sun, the sweat, the thrill of battle! The doctor felt like she was in her element without having to actually be in any danger. The doctor, dressing in her yellow bikini and jeans short, peered across the sandy field at her opponent with a grin, “Hey there!” she waved to @cyril, “I’m Eva!”

Two pokeballs leapt from her hands to reveal her chosen pokemon for this particular double battle. She hadn’t put too much thought into it so she hoped they got along alright.

“Ready when you are!” she called out, shooting Cyril a pair of playful finger-guns.

@cyril

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 9:06:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Cyril." Was answered back to , not as interested in the battle or in as high spirits as she seemed to be.

He tossed out his own pokemon; any synergy between the two ice types was purely accidental. His Glaceon shook out her fur while the Vanilluxe simply floated in place, the dual heads seeming almost placid in the face of enemies.

"You two... battle?"

He seemed unsure, not actually a battler in any capacity. The two pokemon glanced at each other before the Glaceon acted first. She shook herself again, eyes glowing, as storm clouds rose overhead. The sudden summer sun blotted out as a chill swept through the air, Hail falling on the field between the two pokemon.

The Vanilluxe, meanwhile, took a deep breath before exhaling an icy Mist onto the field. Low visability plays.

Meanwhile, Cyril himself was more interested in Eva. Where had he seen her before....

"Do you know Orion? From the Council?"
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 17:41:56 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Honestly, Eva is always disappointed when her opponent doesn’t seem to share the same enthusiasm for battle and she does. It’s an unrealistic expectation she holds others too. Obviously, battling isn’t for everyone, but being in a tournament you would think that the other would be excited about battling. Kind of a buzz kill.

Eva doesn’t let her spirits falter as a result of Cyril’s lackluster desire to battle. A shiver runs over her body as the clouds cover the sun and a cool breeze accompanies the HAIL as it begins to fall. Eva unties the flannel around her waist and shrugs it over her shoulders to fight against the sudden chill in the air. Definitely not bikini weather anymore, especially as the cool Mist covers the battlefield.

“Alright, you two, show me what you got!” this is her first time battling with either of the pokemon. The Galarian Rapidash steps forward into the Mist, taking charge and moving before the Jolteon. The dark horn atop her head flashes a faint pin. The shiny Rapidash tosses her head, sending the long, lush mane floating back down her neck. Craning forward she lets the light grow before it bursts from the sharp horn as a brilliant display of fae power. The DAZZLING GLEAM cuts through the mist like the waves tearing towards shore. It gives the Jolteon a bit of light to work with. He flinches against the strike of hail, but leaps forward, nonetheless. Lance’s fur grows stiff, tall, and shudders when a series of PIN MISSILES follow the Dazzling Gleam towards the shadow of the Vanilluxe. He searched for the Glaceon, but it hard to pick out in the Hailstorm.

“Orion?” Eva thinks for a moment, “Oh, yeah! Councilman Lykos!” she only knew him in a professional setting. She’s never spoken to outside of the League, “Yeah I know him . . . Kinda,”

@cyril

HAIL buffets the coats of both Jolteon and Rapidash
Mint uses DAZZLING GLEAM to cut through the mist
Jolteon uses PIN MISSILE at the Vanilluxe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 23:19:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Mist is cut with a dazzling light-show. Vanilluxe hums and doesn't do too much to move, just floats listlessly to the side, but does at least close it's eyes when the Pin Missile beads it on the body. A few lumps of the ice forming it's top drop off only to be filled back in thanks to the Hail and his Ice Body. Despite being so easygoing the pokemon did retaliate, a sphere of energy forming in front of it and absorbing some of the hail before being shot at the Jolteon.

The Glaceon, meanwhile, picked her way through the Mist and Hail, attempting to get closer to the Rapidash. When close enough, she charged, attempting to forcefully tackle the horse pokemon's side.

Cyril only watched this vaguely, mind somewhere else. He chewed on his lip a moment, an old habit he hated and thought he had broken, before shifting. He was uncomfortable for many reasons, some perceived vulnerability that might pick up on.

"He's my boyfriend." And the word tasted strange, even though Cyril had had many partners of either gender in the past. "But I haven't seen him in a while. Have you...?"

- Vanilluxe used Weather Ball (Ice) on Jolteon
- Glaceon used Take Down on Rapidash
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 21:07:46 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Pin Missile strikes, but reaching the Vanilluze is hard for the Jolteon. Hm, well this wasn’t going to work well. Perhaps it would work better if they switched opponents. Jolteon would probably have a better chance tracking the Glaceon through the Hail storm anyway, “Switch!” she commands.

They hear their command. Lance tenses his body, lightning cracking over his fur sparks his muscles into action. The AGILITY makes him quick on his feet. An attempt to dodge the Weather Ball is fruitless, and the Jolteon is knocked back by the icy sphere. Similarly, the Rapidash snorts, stomping the sand in frustration as she searches for the Glaceon through the Hail. The ice-type is elusive, and she doesn’t see the opponent until it’s too late. The Take down hits Mint in the side. She staggers, hooves catching the sand in an effort to keep her upright.

The command still resonated in Mint’s mind. Switch. Instead of attempting to find the Glaceon, that was Lance’s problem now, she locks on to the Vanilluxe. A strange, large, floating object. Its shadow moves through the hailstorm effortless. Mint is forced to fight wind and ice to canter towards the opponent. The dark horn on her heads glows a bright purple. A matching scythe reaches out, attempting to strike the Vanilluxe with a PSYCHO CUT.

“Ohhh your boyfriend,” she repeats with a nod of the head. Eva knew next to nothing about the councilman so she’s not sure how much help she could be. Still, she would offer whatever help she could, “I haven’t seen him recently either . . . would you like some help looking?” Strange how his significant other hasn’t heard from him.

@cyril

Mint is struck with Take Down, Mint uses PSYCHO CUT on Vanilluze
Lance is struck by Weather Ball and uses AGILITY to search for the Glaceon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 15:08:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The Agility leads the Glaceon and Lance to be nose to nose, the ice type not able to move away fast enough from the recoil sting of her previous attack. She snarls a little and chatters, a playful bite on the Jolteon's nose before she Copycats his Agility. Her own speed is raised and she turns to dart away- starting a strange game of tag between the two.

The Vanilluxe is still just as dense as before. The pokemon closes his eyes at the psycho cut but then pops them back open, dumb smile still plastered on it's face. A deep breath is taken and then- Fire! An Ice Beam was fired off at the Rapidash. At least the two pokemon didn't seem to have too much of a problem with the 'switch' that ordered.

"I only came today hoping to meet someone who had seen him." Which would explain why he wasn't as enthusiastic about this battle as some others.

"I've been to his apartment and I don't think he's been home. He wouldn't leave his pokemon like that so I'm worried." Yet when he called and tried to get in contact with people, no one seemed that concerned. It didn't feel like nothing though.
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 19:36:11 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Lance nearly jumps out of his skin when he finds himself nose-to-nose with the Glaceon. She seemed to have appeared out of nowhere! She could have easily attacked him. Instead, she uses AGILITY to sprint away, almost playfully. He snorts, a laugh of sorts. Lance bites and leaps forward, chasing the Glaceon into the Hailstorm, keeping sharp eye son her before she can disappear into it once again. Electricity cracks over his body as another AGILITY springs him forward.

The ice type pops its eyes open. It looks almost wild as it readied an ICE BEAM. Mint stomps her hoof and readies her own PSYBEAM. The contrasting energies fire and collide with a deep boom that echoes across the field. It would have been more distracting if Eva wasn’t listening to Cyril so intently.

His story is interesting. Eva always trusted her gut, and that sentiment extended beyond herself and to other. If it felt off and strange to Cyril, it probably is, “Hm, that doesn’t sound good,” she shakes her head, thinking, “I’ll help you look,” she decides with a nod. Perhaps she can get Hades, her Arcanine, to pick up a scent or something, “I assume no one’s tried tracking him yet?” if no one took Cyril's concern seriously, then she doubts a team was sent to check out his apartment or anything.

@cyril

Mint counters with PSYBEAM!
Lance uses AGILITY again to chase the Glaceon

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 11:37:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The boom flares up clouds of ice and hail, obscuring the Vanilluxe for a moment. When it clears, the ice cream pokemon is face planted on the ground- Cyril wasn't a trainer and hadn't bothered to get the poor pokemon used to battle at all. After the first good wallop, it was out like a light. Idly, he returned the pokemon to it's ball.

While Glaceon should be concerned with her new 2v1 status, she is more focused on the impromptu game of tag she's started with the Jolteon.

"After I pestered enough, people came to his apartment to look but... nothing ever turned up."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 1:37:42 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Mint stomps a hoof into the sand, tilting her head curiously as the opponent fell face first into the sand. Promptly, it disappears. Really? Just like that? With a snort, the Rapidash tosses her head and turns to trot back into the Hai Storm to see how Lance is fairing with his opponent.

The playful game of chase turns competitive when the Jolteon fails to find the elusive Glaceon in the Hail Storm. His lips pull tight in frustration as she glances around. A shadow catches his eye and he instinctively fires a THUNDER WAVE towards it.

“Huh,” how curious. Eva taps her chin in thought. Well, going to catch his sent still seemed like an option, “Where’s the last place you know he was?” Orion was a Councilman, he wasn’t just some random citizen. Surely people would have recognized him and could offer some clues if they pressed hard enough.

@cyril

Lance uses THUNDER WAVE

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 2:06:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
A quiet cry as the Thunder Wave hits home, locking the Glaceon in place. She flops over and mewls pathetically, sad her game had been ruined. Prime for the stomps, sure, but she didn't seem like she was too interested in fighting anymore. Without her trainer to guide her, she had quickly gotten bored.

"At work, I presume." He frowns, crossing his arms. "We were supposed to meet up for lunch and he never showed up."

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 18:30:03 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Lance slows to a trot, glancing down at the Glaceon lying motionless on the ground. A part of him immediately regretted his decision to use THUNDER WAVE. Now what was he supposed to do? He wasn’t going to just . . . attack the defenseless thing. This is a fun battle, not some sort of threatening situation.

Mint feels a similar way. She snorts, tilting her head in curiosity as she glares down at the eeveelutions.

“Huh, I’ll ask around too, maybe some knows where he went after work or something,” It’s worth a shot.

@cyril

They both are just staring at the Glaceon lol

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 20:19:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Glancing over to see his fussy pokemon throwing a fit, Cyril sighed but called her back. Looks like won!

"Thank you for the help... I have a... reputation." He frowned as he said it, a little embarrassed of it now. "Not too many people take me very seriously anymore."
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:11:27 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva frowns, recalling her own pokemon after he recalls the Glaceon. Regardless of reputation, everyone deserved some help when they really needed it, “No problem, any time,” she offers a comforting smile, “If you want, we can go find some of his coworkers now. They’re around here somewhere,” she replaces the pokeballs onto the belt and sits loosely over her bikini bottoms.

@cyril

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eva vs Cyril [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 16:40:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cyril hesitates for a moment. He had always hated accepting help from others. Despite what many people through of him, he had clawed his way to the top in Kalos with his own hands. Not with help from his family.

But, seems sincere. After putting his pokeballs back in his pocket, he nods.

"Yes. I'd like that."