thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
compromise
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 17:38:46 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it's difficult to watch cillian struggle, and though he has the power to throw him a lifeline, he refuses to, instead opting to remain selfish, to choose the path less painful.

he offers a smile, oddly sympathetic.

"i'm not ready for us."

he doubts he ever will be — but he keeps this to himself.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
compromise
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 17:59:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin nods, accepting, and finally looks away.

It's a pain he recognizes in the worst kind of way. He'd been too vulnerable, stupid, he tells himself, to think that he could bury his grief in the arms of another.

Fingers curl tight against his palm, flexing, as he tries to find words.

"That's — that's OK. I shouldn't have—" He laughs, strangled. "You know I'm not the best at communicating. We can just — go back to normal, then. Until you are — or not."

He can feel the collapse, the closing of the walls.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
compromise
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 18:08:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]his gaze stays even as cillian looks away. again, he watches him struggle.

again, he does nothing.

"fine with me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
compromise
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 18:15:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He craves comfort, touch, warmth — but without it, he wants only to be alone.

"Well, I'd better get ready for work."

He had once been an expert in pretending to be fine. He forces himself to don a mask that he's not worn in years, forces a smile he doesn't feel. It would almost be convincing if Beckett didn't know him far too well.

He swallows his grief and leaves the room.