part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2021 16:17:25 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

A bigger celebration than the Pokéathlon, that’s what Katherine was promised. Her publicist insisted that she’d have to be there and that would appreciate her attendance and participation. It’d do wonders, she said. The elite four member only complied with their demands due to the fact that a large number of participants meant that she’d have a bigger sample pool to test herself against.

It was good practice, nothing else. Naturally, the grand prize itself was quite alluring. She’d love the bragging rights.

Her first battle of the day would hopefully be a quick one— no, a simple one. She wanted it to be at the beach rather than underwater or high in the skies.

“Eva Morales…”

The name was read from the text she had received, eyes blinking some as she tried to uncover why it sounded so familiar. Once the scientist came into view, it became much more clear.

They were co-workers.

“Oh... Hey. I didn’t think you’d sign up for something like this,” she admits, a smile reaching her lips. “This should be fun.”

A short pause.

“Does a rotation battle sound good to you? I could really use the practice.”

notes: rotation battle | battle theme

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2021 19:50:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Really?! A battle with ?! The doctor doubted she was up the Elite Four member’s level. Regardless, Eva never backed down from a challenge. She met the former gym leader with a bright smile that reflected her sheer determination, “Hey there, Katherine!” she greeted with a big wave. Although they had been in the same room several time, Eva had yet to really meet and talk to Giratina’s avatar. Part of her wondered if the deity would make an appearance during the tournament. She’d certainly watch that battle with enthusiasm if it chose to fight alongside its chosen companion, Katherine.

“Oh yeah, you know~” she sang with a shrug of her shoulders, “Can’t be too prepared when I gotta get out in the field,” Eva spent more of her time in the lab now-a-days but she’d rather be out there seeking adventure and getting into trouble. It’s a problem.

After a moment of consideration, Eva shrugged her shoulders, “Yeah! A Rotation battle sounds great,” it would be her first. The doctor’s mind raced through her line up to debate which pokemon to choose, “I’ll try to give you a good fight,” she teased, plucking three pokeballs off her waist and releasing each in a flash of light.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 18:30:34 GMT

“I suppose that’s fair.”

They could all use the practice, truthfully. If Hoenn taught her anything it’s that one can never be too ‘ready’. Between alien wars, terrorist attacks, and deities revealing themselves when unprovoked - there was plenty to be ready for, as well.

”Aw, I remember challengers back in my gym saying the same thing,” a soft breeze blows through the woman’s hair as words part from her lips. “Something’s telling me that you’ll do a better job than most of them did, Eva.”

It’s hard, no, it’s impossible to tell whether if Katherine was still just being polite or not. She masks her true feelings with a fake yet elegantly convincing smile.

Not long after the doctor releases her trio of pokemon, so does her opponent. Cursola, Gengar, and an unorthodox Exploud.

“We'll take the first move, assuming you don’t mind.” Only after getting confirmation does her order come out, “Boo. TAUNT the Ditto.”

notes: rotation battle | battle theme | to avoid taunt being too powerful vs a ditto, feel free to just have it act as a literal taunt where it's focused on gengar instead of being unable to use any status moves!

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 19:54:38 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva shrugs her shoulder in response, she’s quite unphased by not being able to tell whether the Elite Four members was just being polite to not, “We’ll see, I guess!” Eva doesn’t consider herself anything above competent at battling, really. She’s good enough to hold her own but against a seasoned veteran like Kat she paled in comparison. Still, they’d give her a hell of a fight. Eva isn’t one to back down from a challenge.

“By all means, proceed,” Eva confirms, motioning towards the opponent to kick things off. She does so in a clever way too. The Gengar TAUNTS Shift into focusing its attention on itself. It works. The pale pink blob crawl forward, taking the first rotation position for the team as a result of the TAUNT. His form melts against the sand into a puddle. The pink color darkens as if burning below the bright Slateport sun. The mass flexes, and from it rises a copy of the GENGAR that taunted it.

Shift TRANSFROMS into a Gengar

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 20:31:38 GMT

The TRANSFORMATION is inspected with a keen eye as Katherine's gaze narrows down.

Another Gengar to deal with. Hopefully, one who lacked the mega stone(s) that the elite-four member has acquired for her own. Next to the stage was Ursula, the seemingly frowning Cursola. This ghost-type, too, was specifically trained for an encounter such as this. Battling against a number of opponents rather than just one.

"Sing."

When the pokemon's lips part, it finally begins to wail and sing its swan song. The PERISH SONG is used with the intent of having everyone nearby - trainers excluded - succumb to its effects. Katherine's own pokemon are affected by it too, seeing as how her Gengar shook its head in displeasure.

The Exploud, on the other hand, was unphased. It made no sound and didn't even flinch.

notes: rotation battle | battle theme | perish song effects any pokemon that hears the song unless they have the ability soundproof.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 1:01:50 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

As soon as the PERISH SONG is sung, Eva can see the strategy playing out before her. It’s clever, brutal, she should expect nothing less form an Elite Four member. She should have been more prepared to take on the former ghost-type gym leader, “Ahhhh very clever,” Eva praises, although Kathrine doesn’t need it.

Now, she’s racing the clock. It won’t be long until the Perish Song wipes out her team and gives Katherine the easy win. Well, Eva couldn’t have that. The options are simple. She either has to replace all of her pokemon quickly and let the Cursola have a second shot at Perish Song, or make the most of what she’s got now and try and sneak another pokemon in there before the fatal melody takes effect.

“Adele, front and center,” the pokemon rotate accordingly. Shift fades into the background as the Gardevoir pulls forward to lead the team, “Future Sight, Exploud,” Eva could foresee the Gengar being a problem, especially if it could mega evolve. Of course, Eva is familiar with the ability Shadow Tag. She’s attempting to read Katherine’s strategy. That would be her next move: trapping all of the pokemon so she couldn’t switch them out. Smart . . . if that’s the route she’s going. Regardless, it is the Exploud that will ensure Kathrine the win if she can’t dispose of it.

Adele obeys. Crimson eyes fade into a bright pink. Psychic energy swirls around her as she peers into the Exploud’s future. She sees it surviving Perish Song. Although she sees her own demise due to the melody, she shifts her perception in favor of trusting Eva’s strategy. Adele lays a psychic trap.

Adele, Blade, and Shift will faint in 3 turns
FUTURE SIGHT will strike in 2 turns

Adele uses FUTURE SIGHT on Crescendo

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 15:50:42 GMT

The clock was, indeed, ticking. Each moment that passed marked a tougher battle for Eva to put up against the elite four's dirty tactic. It's cheap, it's easy, and it's exactly what one should expect from Katherine when she's chasing victory.

After all, this was a tournament - and her competitive nature was bound to show itself sooner or later.

“Boo,” Katherine calls out, allowing for her Gengar to return to the center stage. “You know what to do.”

A flickering light emits from the woman’s ankle bracelet, one of her few mega stones beginning to shine brightly. The area is consumed by this blinding light that wraps around the ghost-type, shrouding it with energy that soon allows it to take a new form.

The now fully, mega-evolved Gengar stands tall and proud. Each of its four limbs meets the sand in a loud thud - it was no longer floating in the air. Naturally, its SHADOW TAG ability revealed itself as well, connecting the pokemon’s shadow with everyone else’s.

“Put the Gallade to sleep.”

Her wish is the pokemon’s command, and thus, it turns to its target with the intent of releasing hypnotic waves, hoping it succumbs to the induced coma.

notes: rotation battle | battle theme | Mfqf61SI - 0-60 for hypnosis to succeed. feel free to ignore the roll & go with something else if it fits the narrative more!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 19:06:20 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

As Eva guessed, the Gengar mega-evolves, trapping her pokemon to the battlefield, and in turn, their fate. Fortunately, Shift had chosen to mirror the Gengar, effectively becoming a ghost-type pokemon. SHADOW TAG doesn’t bind it to the others.

Eva thanks her lucky stars for Shift’s choice there may still be hope yet.

For now, she doesn’t act upon it. Instead, she recognizes the threat the Gengar’s Hypnosis may have on the remainder of her pokemon. Adele remains in position, “Protect them,” she commands. A pale, pink mist spills from her fingertips. It’s heavy and crawls across the battlefield like an eerie fog. It covers the sand, morphing their arena into a MISTY TERRAIN.

Blade breaths it in, the drowsiness he once felt by the Mega-Gengar’s oppressive attack dulls. He becomes brighter again, standing back up straight to meet the opponent’s gaze with a satisfied grin. Although his fate hasn’t changed, there would be no coma today.

Adele, Blade, and Shift will faint in 2 turns
FUTURE SIGHT will strike in 1 turn
MISTY TERRAIN is in effect for 5 turns

Adele uses MISTY TERRAIN

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 14:03:57 GMT

The pink mist that begins to swirl about in the battlefield is recognized nigh-instantly. Having battled on more than one occasion, Katherine is almost exhausted from witnessing yet another MISTY TERRAIN. How annoying.

How bothersome.

A DARK PULSE splits through the mist, a beam of condensed dark energy shot at the opposing Gengar by the original one. None of the opposing pokemon can be put to sleep, unfortunately, but the attacks of Katherine's MEGA-EVOLVED Gengar should compensate for the apparent lack of status moves.

Tick, tock.

Time was still on their side.

notes: rotation battle | battle theme | gengar uses DARK PULSE against the opposing gengar!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 6:44:47 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Gengar’s hypnosis can’t do much against the Gardevoir’s MISTY TERRAIN. Eva is thankful, it buys them a bit more time. Well, not really.

Darkness clashes with light as the DARK PULSE parts through the pink mist like the hull of a boat through water. Shaft can do little to avoid it. In reality, it doesn’t quite batter. His fate was sealed with PERISH SONG, after all.

Dark Pulse strikes, driving the imposter Gengar back with a powerful strike. It braces itself, digging into the sand to prevent it from venturing too far. The mega-fueled attack is just too powerful. It sends the Gengar flying back. It braces itself, stopping the spectral form in midair. There’s a shudder and hesitation as it approaches forward again towards the battlefield.

Fuck it. He has to come out anyway. If she remembers correctly, it would be soon that Perish Song struck its fatal blow. A flash of light returns the Gengar. The ghost type can slip past the Gengar’s SHADOW TAG. Another flash of light releases another one of her pokemon. The Machamp flexes, taking the field with heavy footsteps.

Adele and Blade will faint in 1 turn
MISTY TERRAIN is in effect for 4 turns

FUTURE SIGHT strikes!
Eva returns the Gengar (Shift) and releases Syah the Machamp

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 2:11:50 GMT

The switch in opponents is examined with a quirked brow.

“Not bad.”

That was high praise, coming from her. “Return,” akin to a Ditton, she MIMICS the scientist’s course of action and recalls one of her own pokemon - Cursola - only to have a different pokemon take her place.

A Mimikyu escapes from within the capsule, releasing no sound in the process.

Now, with two pokemon on the field who remain unaffected by the perish song, Katherine intends to push her advantage further.

The Gardevoir’s FUTURE SIGHT strikes true. The powerful blast of psychic energy appears out of thin air before chasing down the Exploud. The normal-type braces itself for the hit, sustaining the full amount of damage with a loud cry.

notes: rotation battle | battle theme | kat switches out cursola for mimikyu! exploud is hit by future sight! gengar will faint next turn

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 23:46:39 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

As predicted, the Gallade and gardevoir succumb to the Perish Song. They slump to the sand without much warning. A light recalls them, leaving only the Machamp on Eva’s side of the field. An praise from the Elite Four member is appreciated. Although, she wasn’t too impressed with herself thus far. Kat’s strategy far outshined hers. Still, Eva returns the praise with a smile and small nod.

Kat also returns a pokemon to replace it with an excellent counter to her Machamp. The small Mimikyu would prove difficult to deal with. Regardless, the battle must go on, “Dynamic Punch, Exploud,” Eva points towards the normal type. Two fists smack int the palms of her other hands as she stalks forward. The slow steps accelerate into long stride as she pulls her fists back, striking at the Exploud with a DYNAMIC PUNCH.

Adele and Blade FAINT and are recalled
MISTY TERRAIN is in effect for 3 turns
Syah uses DYNAMIC PUNCH on EXPLOUD

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:33:34 GMT

“Tank it.”

The Exploud does not think twice. The idea of doubting its trainer or not complying with an order is a far-fetched one for the normal-type. Instead, it braces itself for the punch by raising its arms and crossing them in an ‘X’ formation.

It seems to withstand the damage to a certain degree, having not fainted just yet.

“You’re on the offense, Spook.”

The remark is enough to tell the ghost all it needs to know. It immediately leaps into action and takes advantage of the Machamp’s close proximity, intent on PLAYING ROUGH with it.

notes: rotation battle | battle theme | mimikyu attacks with play rough. gengar faints / is recalled. exploud is hit by the dynamic punch.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:47:24 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Machamp lands its blow, and the Mimikyu wastes no time jumping onto the fighting-type’s back with PLAY ROUGH. Despite the pokemon’s small size, there’s some sort of indescribable weight that forces the Machamp to her knees. She roars in frustration, all four hands grabbing at the ghost, trying to rip it off her body and throw it across the field by slamming it with DARKEST LARIAT.

MISTY TERRAIN is in effect for 2 turns
Syah uses DARKEST LARIAT on MIMIKIYU

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
eva vs kat [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:27:20 GMT

The Machamp is successful in grabbing the Mimikyu.

The DARKEST LARIAT is executed in full force, flinging the small ghost to the ground. What seems like a direct hit, a powerful blow that could threaten Mimikyu’s state in the battle…

… Ends up being completely negated.

The pokemon’s DISGUISE comes off, its cloak nudged a bit. It sustained no damage in the process, a blank expression still visible across that horrid, Pikachu-costume.

“Again.”

Once more, the PLAY ROUGH commences. Exploud watches from the sidelines, just as Katherine does.

notes: rotation battle | battle theme | mimikyu is hit by the darkest lariat, which activates / uses its ability, disguise. it attacks with play rough again.