awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 23:25:38 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Now, usually Sam wouldn't have a pokémon out and about with him while going to town. But there was something about this absol, ever since he'd captured it, that Sam felt drawn to. He would chalk it up to meeting the pokémon near Mt. Pyre, and the pokémon was a very aura centered type of pokémon.

But this absol just ... bonded. It was highly intelligent and Sam had to wonder if it hadn't always been wild.

It was too bad he couldn't just ask her.

Glancing at his phone, Sam tapped the conversation window. Sam hadn't ever been the dating sort. He certainly hadn't ever been the sort to use the plethora of dating apps that the internet held. But his mother, on the other hand, had constantly sat with him and filled them out. Reminding him that there was somebody for everybody and he needed to embrace the good vibes of the universe, not just the bad ones.

Sam didn't know the first thing about date vibes and it was blindingly plain in the way he had only talked to Elijah online for ... a long time. Since before he'd even come to Hoenn.

In fact, it was when he'd finally been brave enough to mention he was moving to Hoenn, Mt. Pyre specifically, that they'd set the date up. It took Sam's schedule forever to open up, but luckily Elijah had been just as busy so Sam didn't feel guilty rescheduling a few times.

But there was no escaping it now and Sam felt ... nervous?

He'd dare to say they were friends. Talking on and off every once in a while. But a date? Maybe if he didn't call it a date, just meeting for the first time in person.

No, that made the nerves worse.

Sensing this, his absol stood and sat beside him, leaning her slick fur and applying her weight to his side. It was a comfort to him that he gladly accepted. He moved to place his hand on her, caressing her fur and curves, looking at the phone and then finally slamming the phone into his pocket screen down.

"Why am I so nervous?"

It was just Elijah. Just a friend-- what if he was disappointed? It wasn't as if they sent pictures of one another constantly. Hell, Sam hadn't changed his dating icon since three years ago when the profile was first created... which made him wonder, if he should?

Absol's weight against the pocket he'd put his phone in told him no, not now, and the small way she nudged his knee helped to answer his question about his nerves.

"I'm excited, I suppose."

Emotions weren't his strongsuit.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 1:48:28 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the past had a way of catching up to you in your lowest moments. not that this meeting was a guilty pleasure, nor was it a hindrance. for elijah, whose connections are very little and transient, it was simply nice to see a familiar face.

his parasect hitches a ride on his thin black hoodie. despite the season, elijah had selected it for no reason other than to "dress up a little."

elijah sees him in the bar before entering. he massages his own neck as he crosses the door's threshold, and before sam can turn his head, the apothecary says:

"congrats on the mountain full of dead people."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 2:29:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Hesring Elijah’s voice caused Sam to stiffen and turn, but all nerves disappeared when he saw him. Perhaps it was the fact that Elijah looked and sounded a bit nervous.

But mostly? It was the humor. Sam appreciated dark humor was a guilty pleasure.

“Elijah.”

Instead of staying in his seat, Sam stood and gave an excited smile. Unlike most, it was as soft spoken as Sam usually tended to be.

“It’s a lively task, but somebody has to slay it.”

Even his absol made a face at how terrible those puns were.

A small part of him died inside. Why had he been so awkward about that??

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 21:41:26 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the daisychain of humour is snipped there. unlike sam's absol, elijah does not grimace; he simply allows the pun to hang in the air as it is buried by the orange clamor of a bar's kitchen.

"so things are going well then." elijah wonders why sam stands. sign of respect? general excitement? despite the long stretch of time spanning from their previous encounter to this one, elijah desecrates his own presence with a brief spiral of thought.

elijah carefully navigates around the absol before taking his seat promptly.

"never thought you'd become mt. pyre's new owner. dream achieved or is it just a stepping stone for something else?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 22:27:05 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon absol"]

Thankfully Elijah just moved on.

As he takes a seat so too does Sam. His absol gives his hand a lick before laying back down and stretching out. She feels that this man has no ill intent toward her trainer and it is because of that, she relaxes at their feet.

“I’m not sure. Sounds a bit crazy if I say dream come true, because who in their right mind aspires to be caretaker of a mountain of graves…but yes, I think it might be.”

He’s a weird one, Mr. Carter.

“How’s business?”

A bit of small talk before the help came to request their order.
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 5:09:54 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "business hasn't changed except for indoor succulents. people buy them like crazy." elijah says dryly, mouth parching at the sound of some pour. "probably because they're easy as shit to take care of."

his palm rests on the cool of the counter. leaning into the edge, he faces sam, that same flat expression he wears all the time never faltering.

"i'm happy for you, sam."

there is little jubilance in the ink of his voice; however, he means well. the eye contact tells it so.

"you're fucked up for wanting to come to hoenn though."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 12:19:08 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Succulents made sense. They were in fact easy as shit to take care of and less, monetarily, to feed than a Pokémon; which was something Sam never much understood. If one was terrible at taking care of plants why couldn't one just go get a Pokémon that was good at it?

"You're not the first to say as much."

Now that they've settled with drinks, he feels relieved. No longer on edge, nerves no longer present. Even the absol at his feet relaxes with a yawn and lays her head upon his feet.

"Always good to have the Gardner seal of approval."

It's a jest, completely, which is show in how dry his tone is and the way he just changes subjects like he hadn't just teased Elijah.

"I came here to get on my own two feet, out from under my mother's influence. Not that her influence was necessarily negative, but I could see where we were beginning to disagree morally in a few ways. Better to disagree in distance where trivial morality differences don't matter in the broad spectrum, than to be close knit and have something so infinitesimal come between us."
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 3:56:02 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the drinks arrive. cold, numbing. undoubtedly like the corpses hauled up that cursed mountain.

"shit. i never had a good relationship with my mom.'"

elijah raises his glass close to his lips. close enough to tip toward his mouth for a drink, vaguely far enough for it to become a toast.

"so, fuck moms." elijah drinks. "good to get away. usually, when people leave the roost they go wild for awhile. not open up a fucking cemetery."

as the absol rests, he scries sam for restlessness within the clamor of this slateport izakaya.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 1:22:41 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Whether or not he had a relationship with his mother matters not too much for Sam. As Sam had been made fun of quite a bit growing up about how close he was with his mother. Tough equally he'd been told how good it was that he had such a relationship, so it balanced out well enough.

Though he did agree that getting away was good he let the 'cheers' happened, clinking his glass to Elijah's and watching as it seemed Elijah got a bit ... uneasy? Perhaps just, too studious of Sam soley.

So he stood, slowly and calmly, while holding up his drink.

"Let's walk the beach." Sam suggested. "I know you're not one for sitting too still, nor enjoying a crowd-- unless my memory serves me wrong."

Absol yawned, stretching as she licked at her fur and stood, shaking her coat and circling around to stand beside Sam.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 9:14:55 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "i've got no qualms." elijah rises too, taking another hearty mouthful from his glass.

inwardly, he thanks sam for the change of place. the warm prickles of some unidentified anxiety roll across his shoulders. the more rowdy the bar gets, the more restless elijah becomes.

"but a romantic walk down the beach?" elijah snorts. "is this a date?"

he is careful not to accidentally kick sam's absol in his departure. pulling bills from his pockets, he lays pokedollars on the bar counter.

"i got us covered. lead the way."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 12:45:41 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"a date?"

that's why sam had been so nervous to begin with. he'd pushed the notion aside when they got into the comfortable company of one another.

"only if you insist."

both in regards to the date, and paying. sam's absol eyes elijah and only begins to walk beside her trainer when elijah takes stride next to sam as well.

"though i doubt anything could be romantic when you're partaking. you're a bit too brash for that sort of affection, i feel."

while it might of sounded rude, it was just sam stating his opinion.
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 5:48:11 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 the apothecary speaks as they walk. leaving the bar is an icy transition; the cool evening air reminds them so.

"tch, you hit the nail on the head." elijah shakes off his sleeves, letting the wrinkles smoothen. however, any movement forces their unruly ridges to form again, like the folds of forehead skin on a frowning face. "i'm the unromantic florist."

he folds his arms together.

"you haven't found anyone yet?" elijah asks. "you're a big hotshot now. owning a fucking mountain. people should be flocking to you."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 22:47:16 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam's mind circulates around and .

"i don't know if 'finding somebody' is the words i would use to describe my romantic endeavors as of recent."

the words flow softly, almost woefully, from his lips. he shrugs his shoulders, mind trying to circle around his emotions and how he feels about each.

"i accidentally ended up on a date with somebody who i'm confident just wants a casual fling. and another... well, they've enough of their own worries and woes, they don't need me badgering them for affection to add to the mix, i suppose."

it was a complicated and complex situation. one which sam actively tried to avoid with both. sure, he'd hang out with them if they asked, but he didn't reach out-- pointedly.

"at times i wish people would just speak their thoughts, or that i could read their minds. it would just make life less ... annoyingly and numbly silent or conflicted."
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
620 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 1:03:31 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar
 "sounds shitty."

the relationships sam describes come forth like dried branches of a thick thorn forest. complexity does not come in the way of its main arms, but in the way sharp lateral shoots harass each other in the winds of barbed thoughts.

it is too much, elijah thinks. too much to carry. not worth to cultivate. he'd rather cleave and trim until the the branch is bare.

"you're telling me." elijah adjusts his jaw. "and i'm the worst offender of that. you know that, right?"

he sighs.

"seems like you want to settle though. that's nice."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
is this a date? [ m ]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 19:46:16 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
elijah's words sink into sam's ears and settle on his chest. they're heavy with realization and sam doesn't realize he's not breathing. he's just thinking through those words, over and over.

he does want to settle.

to have somebody that's with him, like his mother had been with him before he left. somebody to come home to.

yikes.

"...would you believe me if i told you i didn't realize i wanted to settle until you said so just now?"