[o] dragonfruit

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 3:53:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it had been a few days since she had been stationed in Hoenn. Acantha was woefully unprepared for life in the submarine, and luckily for her she didn't have to live there. an upscale apartment in the Hills was enough for her. it was classy and suitable to her needs. a studio apartment, really, when she got down to it. her art supplies were all over the place, filled and blank canvases littered about...

she was in the city to pick up supplies. mostly for cooking and cleaning; she lived alone, after all. she had to do the work, but it wasn't like she didn't enjoy making food. cleaning could be done without, hire a maid of some sort, but she lacked the funds. all her gallery buys went toward her lavish lifestyle, true, but a maid was... wasteful. she didn't want them to see her paintings anyway. she valued her privacy.

so Acantha wandered the shops and other various things, bags in hand before going to Crooner's Cafe. she drifted in, seating herself at a free table. her eyes focused on the board above the counter, listing the specials. she hadn't eaten yet - maybe she should order some food along with a nice refreshing drink? placing the bags on the ground, she waited for the line to die down before approaching.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 14:23:39 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
At the end of that long line stood one Sam Carter. A t-shirt, pair of jeans, and trainers was quite the contrast to his usual Mt. Pyre Caretaker uniform of a nice suit and dress shirt. But going into Mauville City for a few things before heading back to his home on Mt. Pyre.

Instead of heading straight back, he held the purchases he'd made by his side and headed to the Crooner's Cafe. It was a cute little place that made the best nitro's he'd ever had thus far. Granted, Kanto left much to be desired in the realm of coffee so he was really experiencing a lot of new drinks now that he lived in Hoenn.

With a small brow raise, he watched the line move up about six people now that a large group of academy kids had finished ordering their sugary delights. He closed the gap between himself and whoever was before him, sure to leave a comfortable amount of personal space.

Though the one in line now was one of those types. Ordering something complicated and about a mile and a half wrong, and apparently complaining that the mobile order she'd put in wasn't accurate so now she had to fight her way through the line to get her drink right.

Sam frowned.

"Why can't people just write a review as a complaint?"

The absol by his side tilted her head and moved with him, in perfect synchronization, before feeling... something. She pulled Sam a bit to the right and he quickly complied, watching as one of the waitresses nearly spilled the drinks on their tray. It certainly would have gotten Sam if he wouldn't have been pulled aside.

"I'm so sorry sir!"

"No harm here, are you alright?"

Sam gave his absol a pet and caress as the waitress nodded, waving her apologies and continuing on about her shift. He looked down to his absol with a content smile.

"That's the third time you've helped me to avoid getting into trouble."

@acantha

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 19:13:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
maybe she was bias, but she loved dark-types. her own Houndoom was tucked neatly away in his Pokeball but it didn't stop her from flickering an admiring gaze onto the Absol. not so much the human - though he was cute too. even she had to admit that. Acantha was torn with introducing herself to the pair or remaining where she was. her various items in their bags were heavy and she didn't feel up to getting to her feet again.

eventually, one of the staff saw her waiting. it happened to be the waitress that had slipped up. she'd approach Acantha, asking if she was going to order. "yes" the young lady says with a nod, placing a cheek against her palm as her arm rested against the table "just waiting for the line to die down a bit, that's all." but as luck would have it, the waitress prompted her to order right here. right now. the pinkette raised a brow.

and inwardly grinned.

in the end, the waitress would walk away with some clear instructions. one of which was a dragonfruit lemonade that would be taken directly to Acantha. the other was a subtle request. the woman approached , presenting him with one of the upper class Pokémon treats for his Absol. if asked who gave it to him, the woman turns to point to the pinkette, who waved cheerfully in response. well, at least that was one way to get someone's attention, right?
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 22:18:04 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
When approached by the waitress, Sam was perplexed. He had in fact asked who had sent the treat for his absol, and once shown and seeing the wave, he glanced down at the treat his absol was munching happily on and then looked to the table.

Luckily he asked for his order to be taken to the table by said waitress and then approached the table. His absol went the extra mile to thank the stranger with a sort of purr, then took a seat beside Sam.

Who had yet to sit at the table.

"Thank you... I'm afraid if we've met, I've forgotten the encounter."

Ever the blunt and honest young man.

@acantha

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 1:13:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"don't worry" Acantha waved a pale hand "we haven't met" she confirms this for his sake with a wide cheerful grin "I was pretty lonely here by myself, so I thought to rope you into sitting with me. worked, didn't it?" she giggles in good humor. the young woman had a good way of getting her own way by now, but it was not a malicious intent.

she peers down at the purring Absol with a pleased expression. "and I just had to admire your Pokémon up close!" she goes on with a giddiness reserved for favorite Pokémon "I love dark types. I have a very pampered Houndoom" she adds with a smirk, clasping her hands together and holding them to her chest "one day I'd love to get an Absol." a nod.

she extends a hand to him though. "Acantha" the Rocket Grunt says, gesturing with her free hand to the seat "oh, please! you can sit. I won't bite." unless he was into that.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 2:57:34 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Luckily he hadn’t ever met her before and therefore hadn’t misplaced her face or name. Which, he rarely did. His memory was likely eidetic but he hadn’t ever gotten it tested to prove as much.

”It certainly has worked.”

Seeing her ogle and fawn over his absol made him smile. Because he felt the same way. There was something special about his absol that he couldn’t quite pin. She was inviting and warm, even if she was meant to be eerie as a species. Or perhaps that was just him and Acantha’s take on it.

”She seems to be quite fond of you. Must mean you’re good company to keep.”

Avant-garde had a way about her that even caused Sam to relax. Or perhaps that was more to do with how relaxed his absol was as she curled close to Sam’s feet and happily rested beneath the table and between the both of them.

”I’m Sam. A pleasure to meet you Acantha. What have you come to town for?”

@acantha

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 3:25:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"oh, I'm glad!" the young woman gushes, happy to hear his Absol was fond of her already "I bet the treats helped a lot" another soft giggle "I was so not sure which ones to get, but the waitress told me the premium ones were a favorite of almost all their customers."

she would have to get more for Grimm and Tiamat. her longest standing partners. the Roserade was quite new so she had to build trust with him first. "well, Sam, I actually live around here" Acantha goes on, every charismatic and eager to meet new folks "in the Hills." she gestures to the distant location outside the cafe's window casually.

"but I ran out of cooking supplies" she pouts softly "tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nice, you see. I thought to go outside the city, but I can't without lunch" Acantha loved cooking. for herself and for others. she grins unabashed at him "so I went shopping." a lavish tale for a simple explanation but ah! she was dramatic.

"I like the café scene too." she would add, glancing around the current location fondly.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 2:25:53 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Well she seems to have greatly appreciated them, as do I."

It was his way of telling her thank you, showing his gratitude without getting overly friendly about the situation. They were still strangers after all, even if they knew each other's name now.

"A wise decision."

So he's not the best at conversation, but then again, what else was to be expected of Mt. Pyre's sexton? A glorified gravedigger.

"I find cafés efficient. This one specifically. The coffee isn't incredibly bitter, but the sugars aren't overpowering. And they have decent tea."

Not that she asked about the tea but he wasn't entirely sure where the conversation was going and ended up just rattling off random information; a bad habit of is.

@ @acantha

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 2:34:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I ordered coffee" Acantha would go on, not perturbed by his lack of social skills. if she had to carry the conversation, she would "I don't really like bitter coffee - lots of cream and sugar in it for me" the young woman grins "you've been here to Crooner's a lot then?" her head tilts, sending a cascade of pink hair down her side.

she claps her hands together eagerly. "ah, I love tea. it's very sophisticated" if Sam had a recommendation, she was opening the floor to one or two. Acantha had no idea what tea to ever order. she liked tea with lemon or honey in it, if she was being honest, but there was just so many possibilities. so little time to try them all. "so what do you do for a living, Sam?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 4:02:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Sam realized right then that this girl really liked to talk. He was used to people talking for him. And talking at him. He enjoyed listening to people talk at any rate. the more they talked, the more he learned.

"I'm the caretaker for Mt. Pyre."

A lot of people who weren't familiar with Mt. Pyre wouldn't understand that he meant he was the owner of the mass grave that was in fact Mt. Pyre as a whole. The entire memorial ground, which canvased across the whole mountain.

He'd been mistaken as somebody who cared for the gardens more than once. Which, he did. On top of everything else included with gravekeeping.

"And I am neither here nor there on the argument of tea versus coffee. I like both, equally, for different situations."

@acantha

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 18:57:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she was quiet for a moment, her eyes sparkling with interest before she went on the attack again. "a sexton?" she repeats, using the correct term with a gentle tilt of her head "fascinating."

what tales could he tell? what views could he attest to? beauty was not just skin deep - it had an existence in every daily life too. "I agree" Acantha says on the subject of tea and coffee "though I haven't found a tea I really like so far..."

she looked slightly put off for a moment. "green tea with lemon is my go-to. do you have recommendations?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:07:28 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon absol"]

At the inquiry of him being a sexton of Mt. Pyre, he nodded. Most thought it was an odd course of work for somebody of his age, so the shimmer of interest in her eyes wasn't unexpected.

"Tea is greatly dependent, I've found, on mood. And health. I prefer tea if I'm feeling under the weather and need a pick me up, or a comfort. While coffee is more of... a lifeline?"

There's an amused smile across his lips, because he was mildly joking.
@acantha
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:29:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she giggles, clasping her pale hands together in a clap. "oh yes" she nods "I cannot start my day without a cup..." of coffee, that is. tea is a relaxation, a little treat. she couldn't agree more. her studio apartment had a special cabinet in her kitchen -

filled with specialty coffee. from all over, various regions included.

"so is Mt. Pyre open to the public?" Acantha asks him directly "like, not mourners" she gave a wry grin "I like to, um, paint. I always found cemeteries have the most inspiring landscapes."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:55:09 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon absol"]

Sam was far more engaged in the conversation now. He showed as much with his body language. Leaning in a bit, relaxing into his chair more.

"It is open to the public. There are certain places that are for family only, but a great bit of the mountain is far too vast to put a restriction on the public or the wild pokémon within Mt. Pyre's reserve."

Considering her question, he gives a small smile.

"I can't say I've had any artists inquiring of the landscape. But I personally find it stunning. I would love to see the finished product. Do you have any social media I would be able to view it on when you're finished?"
@acantha
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[o] dragonfruit
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 1:45:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she had thought of making a social media under her alias, but that'd cause problems if she gave it out freely. her agent didn't advise this. "I actually don't like to take pictures of my paintings" Acantha says truthfully "I think it diminishes the quality, even with a high end camera."

she leans forward too, happy that he wanted to actually view the finished product. "well, if you like it I can sell you the finished piece?" Acantha offers "we'll call it a Friend's Fee - so a very low price. you can hang it anywhere you want! Mt. Pyre or at home." this would require his personal information.

but she avoided asking just in case he didn't think it was a good idea. no reason to jump the gun!