awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:08:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He had enough time in between all of the battles he’d been slammed with to drop by one of the refreshment stands for a quick break.

Ugh, he hadn’t realized that his throat was all dry and parched after so many successive battles without any chance for a break! What the hell was up with everyone going crazy on the first day of the event anyway?

Well, maybe it was a chance to weed out the unworthy…

Either way, he stopped by one of the not-so-crowded stands and dug around his pockets for his wallet, before pulling out a couple bills and pointing at the strange bottles of soda that had a marble inside them.

Once he’d gotten a lime-flavored as well as an orange-flavored bottle, he then cracked the bottle of lime-flavored ramune open and took a drink—it was amusing watching the marble in the bottle as it spun in place, surrounded by fizzy bubbles.

Shit, he was that parched.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:52:33 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

The battles weren't 'going his way' but Sam was having a blast either way. He'd gotten to know a few of his Pokémon that much better, and making his face more well known specifically as Mt. Pyre's caretaker was nice.

It probably wasn't good for business that he kept loosing... hm. He'd need to at least break even, maybe?

Approaching a drink stand, he stood beside a blonde and ordered himself a vanilla flavored sparkling water. Nothing as complicated as the advertised soft drinks with a ... marble?

Curiously, as he opened his own sparkling water and took a few sips, he watched the blonde open his and then furrowed his brows. That blonde won in an underwater single battle against Sam.

With an eager smile, suddenly, he realized where he'd recognized him from.

"Lars, isn't it?" The question was mildly rhetorical. "I didn't recognize you under the water."

He motioned with his hands, even holding the can, to his own head to show he hadn't recognized Lars because his hair wasn't defying gravity.

"What's the point of the marbles? Does it have to do with carbonation distribution?"
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 22:15:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The last of the lime-flavored soda had just been consumed when he heard a familiar voice, before he turned around to see—

“Oh, hey, Sam, nice seeing you out here,” he said in greeting, giving a one-handed wave as he returned the first bottle and cracked the second open. Mmm, lime tasted good however he had reservations on the orange one.

“It’s not like most bottles of soda, apparently,” he explained as he took a drink of this one. “Like, you have to finish it at once or something. It’s not resealable,” he added as the marble clinked around in the bottle he was holding.

“They’re funny little things, the marbles,” he said as it clinked once more.

With the crack about his hair, though, he burst out into a guffaw.

“Hair gel and going underwater on the same day is a bad idea,” he explained as he slicked his hair back to a more familiar-looking style. While it didn’t hold for too long, he felt the sopping-wet hair wilt back down again.

“Too much of a bother to waste hair gel on today. Who knows if there are more underwater battles?”

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 23:19:09 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

The laughter at his crack had Sam smiling. Though the points made about the soft drink had Sam curious. He'd have to research it whenever he got the chance, just for kicks.

"I can't remember the last time I used a hair product..."

Sam was, unfortunately, one of those blessed creatures that woke up and didn't look like an absolute mess and if he did he looked like he'd done it on purpose.

We all hate Sam for it, it's fine.

"Are you coming out victorious in most of your battles?"

The question posed, he takes another drink of his sparkling water. The chilled carbonation tickled his throat in all the right ways.
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 23:48:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The orange-flavored soda had a tart flavor that lingered on his tongue. Definitely had a different bite than the lime-flavored one.

“I still have several more throughout the rest of today,” he began with a sigh. “Why they didn’t call this the Gauntlet of Suffering is beyond me,” he added with a weak-ass attempt at a chuckle.

A few moments later, he realized—

“Some are. I’m surprised I’m actually managing to scrape by. It’s because I handle mostly wild Pokémon going bananas out in the wilderness—or when there’s an infestation of an invasive species near city outskirts. Those are the kind of battles I excel at more.”

How could Trainers keep battling without fail, without getting tired of all this?

He had no idea.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 0:27:58 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

"I have to admit, it's more exhilarating than I thought it would be at first."

Yes, he was a skeptic. The guy that looked at trainers and thought, 'have you nothing better to do with your life than to pick fights and force pokémon to battle for your own vanity?'

But truth be told, he understood to a certain degree now. Not all battled for fame and glory. Sure, that was mostly the reason children began their journey. But there was so much more to battling.

The statistics and tactics, for one, Sam found addicting. The plethora of possibilities with the ever changing chaos of unpredictability!

"Though, I do miss my mountain."

Yes, his mountain. He's a bit possessive.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 17:44:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Honestly, if I knew how Trainers can keep doing this all day without getting tired or bored of it, I’d like to ask them how they can do the same thing every single day,” he remarked after taking another sip of the orange-flavored soda.

With this one, the flavor bloomed much later than the lime, which started as a kick the moment it touched one’s lips. Interesting flavor profile.

Fishing out his wallet once more, he pulled out another couple of bills before turning to face Sam. “Want another one? I’m picking up a few more,” he mentioned.

At the mention of ‘his mountain’, Lars couldn’t help but crack a grin at that.

“Actually, about that—I wanted to suggest something, if it wouldn’t be too much to be done.”

It was more a quality of life suggestion than anything, anyway.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 2:09:29 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

"I'll take a normal water, please."

The polite tone was followed by a curious brow raise. Because Lars hadn't just spouted a suggestion at him. He'd politely asked if he could suggest something. Well, sort of. He was saying he wanted to, and to Sam, that was a way of asking.

"Shoot."

Gripping the top and the bottom of the can, -- one hand top, one hand bottom -- Sam crushed the can within two seconds into a flat crumpled disc and then tossed it in the nearest trashcan.

Skills? Maybe, but Sam was so used to disposing of cans because of his addiction to carbonation, so he didn't think twice about the disposal method.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 4:09:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He wasn’t sure if it was the previous caretaker’s taste or anything, but—

“Has there been any consideration put forward for some lighting around the area? Not enough to disturb the Pokémon that live on Mount Pyre naturally, but for those who might stumble or fall in the dark. There have been some reports of accidents on the mountain, after dark mostly,” he said with a shrug as he watched Sam down the water in practically two seconds flat.

Damn. Now if Sam wasn’t thirsty to all hell (in the actual dehydrated way, not the other way, mind) then he didn’t know what was then.

“I know it’s stupid, but I was also thinking about the visitors’ safety. Nothing too obtrusive to the wild Pokémon that call Mount Pyre home, of course.”

Even then, Lars’s stubborn roots as a Ranger showed.

Once he’d gotten the second bottle of lime-flavored soda (and had returned the empty orange soda bottle) it took him next to no time at all to open it this time.

Looking around, he lowered his voice.

“Have—were you able to find anything?” he inquired, hoping the other would catch on to what he meant.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 14:33:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

"I have, actually."

Shocker, but Sam had indeed thought about the lack of technology on the mountain.

"I don't want to turn the place into, as Mr. Dom Pey used to put it, a 'space station.' But I have been reaching out to the Silph company, leaving as many messages as I can, to get his attention. The plan is to get electricity into the works. Even creating a program that will allow for digital bookings and appointments to be mad."

Though as Lars leaned in to speak lower, Sam realized the question might have been rhetorical and he'd, erm, answered it anyway. He wasn't very good with smalltalk.

"Ah," there's a small pause and he glanced around. "If it's sensitive to you, I can get a detailed report. I'm still reaching out to contacts in Kanto through my mother, but I know for sure there's nothing in the region leading to a burial ground*."

ooc. *correct me if i'm wrong and i'll edit
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 15:06:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the mention of the ex-Councilman’s name, his brows furrowed.

“Oh, you didn’t know that he stepped down from the council?” he said, taking another drink from the bottle of lime-flavored soda he held.

“I think you would have to get in touch with… Greater Mauville Holdings now, if you’re looking to get some power installed on Mount Pyre,” he continued, racking his brains for the name of the company. “They’re the ones that have a bigger stake hold in energy for the region now.”

As he continued to sip his soda, he then looked at Sam once more when he spoke up about his request.

“There’s… nothing?” he went on after taking another drink. Nothing for both names registered at all, in this region?”

Cazzo, I should’ve known he was up to something! he thought angrily for a few moments, before taking a deep breath to calm down.

“Do let me know if your mother finds anything over in Kanto—and, my apologies as well for taking up so much of your time with this. I already did my own personal searching, but it was only as much as I could publicly find.”

ya good, fam!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 18:09:23 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

"It's not his position as council that peeks my interest. It's the technology. As far as power goes, I planned on using Greater Mauville Holdings."

He just had to get ahold of to confirm these things.

"But as far as the technology I plan on bringing to Mt. Pyre, the Silph company is the best in the region. 's status as councilman means nothing to me. I'm only interested in his tech."

Sorry Ferny.

The topic changes then and he's happy for it. Mostly because, Lars is willing to apologize. Though it's not necessary. Sam show's as much by crushing his bottle and shaking his head at Lars.

"Don't feel obligated to apologize. I enjoy helping people find these sorts of closures. I'm only sorry I've come up dry thus far. I plan on extending my hand out to separate regions, and if I find anything, I'll let you know immediately."

Likely through texts, asking to meet up.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 20:08:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“No, no, the fact that you’ve already managed to complete the search through this region’s records alone since the last time we met is impressive, to say the least,” he said as he drained the last of the soda from the bottle and handed it back to the person in charge of the refreshment stand for recycling.

“Well, that’s a good head start you have there. Still not surprised to hear that he’s not responding to anything even though you’d already thrown a lot of… correspondence his way. He’ll get the hint, just that I think he’s busy with something else right now.”

At least that was what Lars was aware of.

“Does your mother have contacts in other regions, too? If it’s not too much to ask.”

If there were no records here in Hoenn, then the actuality of the records being non-existent in other places was—well, there was a possibility they may turn up somewhere.

“…that reminds me, I can actually ask my relatives in Alto Mare to check… should cover some part of Johto…” he muttered, mostly to himself.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 17:27:01 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

To himself or otherwise, Sam had heard it. He didn't make a comment though, since Lars had seemed distracted by his own thoughts then and didn't seem to have voiced it directly at him.

Sam was really good at ignoring people when necessary.

"She has a great many contacts in Kalos," where they were from. "And a few spanning out through that. It's just getting her to contact those people that's tricky, but I think I'll do it myself."

Their contacts were her parents, owners of a large business in Kalos, who had many influences that they could reach out to if asked. Problem was, his mother was very spiteful. Sam, however, had reached out to them many times for the sake of information.

Perhaps it was cold of him, but even if they were his grandparents, he only cared about them to the extent of information. He'd spend the day listening to the prattle on about his mother's life choices and how they acted too late just to get whatever information they gathered for him.

"It's no problem."
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ramune break [s][c]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 7:32:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Is there like—anything, I can do for you once you’ve turned up what you can find?” he asked from out of the blue, downing the dregs of the ramune bottle in one go before handing the empty bottle back to the stand for recycling.

Popping the next bottle open without even blinking, he took another long drink, before realizing that all this carbonated soda was making him hungry for something to eat.

“You want to catch a bite somewhere? I saw this snow cone stand selling these humongous bowls of shaved ice with fruit toppings. Unless you’re in the mood for something else?”

He didn’t even realize that he’d already emptied the contents of the current bottle he was holding until he shook it and was met with the noise of a rattling marble inside.

“Damn. This weather is really fucking us all over.”