126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 9:02:14 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Ellie didn’t attempt to respond to the first bit. Then, slowed her pace enough to even out with him, and looked over curiously between picking up trash and treasure.

“Trust you?”

What did it mean, and why didn’t he have it from them yet? A few years seemed like a long time.

@darren
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 9:07:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"yeah. you know, after the shit i did."[break][break]

he pauses, tensing for a moment to mutter:[break][break]

"the poaching."[break][break]

and then he reaches down for another bit of trash.[break][break]

"it's whatever. my squad trusts me and that's enough. fuck the rest."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#D49736;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 9:24:12 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
“Oh.”

She frowned some, looking over at her Slowbro. They had been poached quite a bit lately. But she pushed the thought away. No, people changed.

Eyes looked back down at the ground, unable to meet his. “I’m sorry, Dare-Bear.”

“They should give you a chance. You’ve been doing so much good for so long, now. Maybe soon...”

A few more steps.

“I'm proud of you, at least.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 9:34:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"it's fine — i'm fine."[break][break]

he's never liked it when she frowns; it's almost as if it doesn't suit her. he looks away, too, and focuses on the ground.[break][break]

"thanks, ellie."[break][break]

off in the near distance, albert still has yet to move from his spot. he continues to gaze off into the distance, focusing on nothing in particular.[break][break]

it's a welcome sight.[break][break]

"so, uh, when's your next contest?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 10:01:46 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
She wasn’t sure if she believed him, but she wouldn’t dwell. With his thanks, the smile returned. She, too, looked towards Albert. Still staying put. Listening. What a good frog.

“Not until after the tournament. It’s a bit much to compete with, so there aren’t a lot of them going on. But soon!”

Slowbro found a pair of underwear on the ground, and, recognizing it as something that was not trash, hooked them by a stubby arm and held them up. ’Bro…?’

Ellie looked over and shook her head. “No, you can throw that one away, please.”

’Bro…’ They went into the bag. Ellie decided Slowbro would be showering as soon as they got home. For now, further down the beach towards Albert they continued.

“It’s going to be a cute contest! Those are always fun. I’m going to use Piplup.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 10:17:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

who would ever cyber on the beach? it's course and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. but then again, he's assuming they did. it could've been a change of clothes for all he knows.[break][break]

he looks away as the underwear's deposited into the bag.[break][break]

"oh piplup's really cute. looking forward to seeing your routine! i'm sure it'll be...cute."[break][break]

he struggled to find an adjective there.[break][break]

"let me know when and where and i'll be there."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 10:40:53 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Ellie grinned. “Okay.” Darren was a little rough around the edges, and it was a pleasant surprise that he would attend such a contest in particular. Then again, his Politoed was pretty cute, and he was right about Piplup.

Slowbro waddled to the next find, raking away. The amount of sand in its bag now made it too heavy. It turned, and attempted to drag it backwards.

Ellie called over to it, noticing the difficulty it was having.

“Good job! I think it’s time to maybe go wash off now. Thank you for helping.”

'Slow...' Dropping the bag, it slowly made its way for the water. Finally, it had done enough.

Ellie's attention returned to Darren. “I didn’t think something like a cute contest would be up your alley.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 10:52:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"it's not."[break][break]

he laughs, shaking his head as his eyes follow the slowbro, watching it slowly trot into the water.[break][break]

his gaze soon returns, meeting ellie's.[break][break]

"but friends support each other, so i'll be there to support you."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 11:12:55 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Of course, it wasn’t his thing. She laughed, and nodded with a smile that puffed her cheeks and drew a dimple.

“Thanks.”

Her gaze returned to the sand. A seashell caught her eye. It had a sheen and an odd variation—perhaps from a shiny pokemon of some sort. She picked it up, held it close to her ear and tapped her nails on it lightly, and then put it in the good bag. This one checked off all three boxes.

“The tournament is kind of difficult for me to watch. I know battling in the League is just a sport, but it’s still so violent...”

“Are you competing? I won't judge, you know.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 11:41:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"me? compete? with albert?"[break][break]

his gaze flicks to the politoed, who at the very least has closed his mouth now. but albert's gaze is still elsewhere, perhaps peering through time.[break][break]

"i think we'd do better in a contest. at least we'd get some sympathy points."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 12:42:35 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
For some reason, she’d expected a different answer. He had more than just Albert, didn’t he? As endearing as the Politoed was, she’d be hard-stretched to believe he completed his ranger missions with its help alone. If he did, perhaps that was why they didn’t trust him.

Eyes went back to the green heap of existence up ahead, ever-closer. Ellie giggled. “Oh, poor Albert. Good idea, though! I’ll teach you!”

She grinned in a way that would not take 'no' for an answer.

@darren

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 13:01:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"teach us what?"[break][break]

it's only then that albert perks his head up, looks back at them, and takes one big leap before landing right by darren. he scatters enough sand to be a nuisance.[break][break]

"what the fuck, alber—nevermind."[break][break]

he sighs, understanding. the thought of a contest makes him anxious, but he looks back at her, sees her grin, and fuck he just couldn't say no.[break][break]

"...okay."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 13:18:49 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Ellie wasn’t bothered by a bit of sand being blown their way, and merely kicked it off her sandals.

At his acceptance, she squealed a little and clapped her hands together twice, delighted. “Yes! Good. It’ll be so much fun, I promise.”

She then squatted down in front of the Politoed who had decided to join them finally, and looked it in the eyes, beaming. You’re going to have an audience, Albert. What do you think about that?”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 13:25:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

albert's usual dumbfoundedness fades in favor of genuine excitement. he beams in response, nodding enthusiastically at ellie's words.[break][break]

darren:[break][break]

[break][break]

"he...likes it?"[break][break]

albert claps his hands:[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 7:40:52 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Perhaps it just took looking Albert directly in his face. The recognition was clear. Her grin pulled at the sides even more. “Oh, good!”

She looked back up at Darren, tickled. “Seems to, huh?”

Raising to her feet, she looked briefly back for her Slowbro again. It was floating along in the water, back and forth on a wave. ‘Washing off’.

“Ok. We start tomorrow, then?”

@darren