Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 21:57:15 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[newclass=.avvy]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avvy img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","vic-poke"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Gentle breeze ruffled soft, pink-coloured hair, but the man barely paid this any mind. His lilac gaze remained fixed on a ripe tamato berry hanging high up on the tree before him, even he – tall as he was – having to get on the very tips of his toes to reach for it. Berry picking. That was the activity of the day. All because his friend had asked for his help with carrying the berries back from the field, and of course Vic had said yes.
[break][break]
So far, so good. They had been there for a while now, and the amount of berries in the basket was beginning to grow in size. Things had been going smoothly, and aside from the discomfort that came with a bright summer sun shining down upon them with its scorching heat, Vic would have called it a nice and even fun day at the field.
[break][break]
”Mint, you doing okay over there?” He asked in case his friend needed any help, and as he did so, from the very corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of something moving in the foliage nearby.
[break][break]
Well… That made sense, right? Wild pokémon were bound to be drawn to the berry trees, especially now that so many of them were ready to be picked, but it wasn’t as if any of them were going to approach while they were there. Or, well, at least they probably weren’t, especially considering many of them had a tendency to be cautious around people and a bit skittish.
[break][break]
Then again, maybe Vic should have learned not to put things out into the universe, huh?
[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★ | BERRY PATCH KIDS

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".vic"]width:490px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/kBGhV8f/image.png)[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .top"]background-image:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/530624560375267370/856275998589059112/unknown.png); height:430px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/CJzBmR4/image.png); height:35px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text"]color:#645665; font:10px arial; text-align:justify; margin:-60px 60px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .avvy"]box-shadow:-5px 5px #fee7e9; float:left; margin:0px 10px 10px 0px; height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text b"]font-size:11px; font-family:Roboto; font-weight:700; color:#4b3b89[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic #line"]border-top:1px solid #eee[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .notes"]font-size:9px; width:300px; padding:10px 10px; border-radius:90px; border-left:8px solid #fee7e9; margin:5px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke"]position:absolute; margin-top:170px; margin-left:175px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img"]margin-right:5px; padding-bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; transition:0.5s[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img:hover"]background:#fee7e9;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto:500]
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 23:37:45 GMT
mint frost Avatar

The only solace in today was the taller ranger standing a few feet from him, and the breeze that picked up and rode through the area every few minutes. Everything else? It sucked. Mint was not one for manual labor. In fact, he had overestimated how taxing just picking berries would be for him. His lower back hurt from bending down over and over. His legs hurt from walking around so much, and despite his best efforts with sunscreen and bowed sun hat, the sun has begun to scorch his fair skin a bright pink. Nevertheless, he persevered, and that was only because of the gentle conversation he held with his friend.

He barely noticed the shuffling in the bushes as he set down his half full basket with a soft grunt and stood up to stretch his arms over his head. “Uh..yeah just about!” he called back with a soft laugh, waving off any concerns. “I’m gonna be super sore tomorrow though…” he added with a wince as he dropped his arms back down and turned to watch the ranger work. “What about you? You look like you’ve barely sweat since we got here.” He added, complaining indirectly about his own lack of physical prowess. Mint doesn’t hear the rustling in the bushes continue, nor does he notice a pair of bright brown eyes and a twitching nose emerge from them near his basket. He definitely didn’t see a second pair of magenta ones dart forward and plant their black and white snout on a particularly juicy pecha berry. This only prompted the cream and brown zigzagoon to inch forward and begin to tug back a cheri berry for itself.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 1:36:08 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[newclass=.avvy]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avvy img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

”Aw! Come on, it’s not so bad. It’s not like you’re picking up anything heavy,” Vic laughed, turning to look at him and giving a bright smile. Although, in all honesty, he was sure all this walking and bending down was probably exhausting for someone like Mint, but positive and hardworking guy as he was, Vic was much more prone to give words of encouragement than to give into complaining. Sorry, Mint.
[break][break]
”We’ll be done soon and then you’ll be glad we did all this, you’ll s–” He didn’t get to finish the sentence. For, just as he tried to motivate his friend (to continue doing something that had been Mint’s own idea, mind you), his gaze fell on the basket and on its tiny raiders.
[break][break]
”Oh. Hey! Stop that!” Louder, he attempted to startle and scare away the Zigzagoon before it took the berry. But, this may have worked a little too well; the pokémon getting so startled that, in its attempt to run away and go back to hiding, it flipped the basket, somehow got caught in the handle, and began dragging it behind it as it ran towards the nearby bushes.
[break][break]
In the chaos, berries were spilled all over the ground in an almost perfect trail that marked the Tiny Raccoon Pokémon’s path of destruction. Some of the more delicate ones had even been turned to mush when being dropped – completely beyond recovery even if they were to try to pick them up and put them back in the basket. And speaking of the basket… Where was the basket?!
[break][break]
Vic could do no more than sigh. He hadn’t intended to give the pokémon that big of a fright, and now he felt kind of bad. “...I’ll go check that it isn’t still tangled… If people let them eat berries they pick, they’ll get used to it and won’t find their own food. That’d be bad when there’s no berries to eat.”
[break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".vic"]width:490px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/kBGhV8f/image.png)[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .top"]background-image:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/530624560375267370/856275998589059112/unknown.png); height:430px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/CJzBmR4/image.png); height:35px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text"]color:#645665; font:10px arial; text-align:justify; margin:-60px 60px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .avvy"]box-shadow:-5px 5px #fee7e9; float:left; margin:0px 10px 10px 0px; height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text b"]font-size:11px; font-family:Roboto; font-weight:700; color:#4b3b89[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .notes"]font-size:9px; width:300px; padding:10px 10px; border-radius:90px; border-left:8px solid #fee7e9; margin:5px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke"]position:absolute; margin-top:170px; margin-left:175px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img"]margin-right:5px; padding-bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; transition:0.5s[/newclass]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 3:25:29 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Nothing heavy? That was easy for him to say. He was built like a brick house! Meanwhile Mint…the heaviest thing he’d carried by himself was stacks of canvases to the dumpster. He felt the strain on his biceps, but he tried not to whine too loudly about it. Tried being the key word here. “I guess it could be worse…” he relented with a sigh as he swiveled his head around popping something in his neck. He paused; eyes open wide as Vic spoke up before realizing the pinkette was looking further down than usual. He managed to turn just in time to see a Galarian Zigzagoon rush off with a mouth full of berries while a normal Zigzagoon accidentally made off with his wicker basket.

“W-Wait what?!” Mint exclaimed; mouth open in a smile as he let out a confused laugh. What else could you do when you saw a poor wild pokemon run off, half trapped under your berry picking basket? It’d hit him later that the past hour of work he’d done was wasted. “Huh- Oh-! I’ll come with you, Vic! It was more than one of them!” Mint said, relishing the chance to take a break. If this really counted as one. “Don’t want its friend to attack you, right?” he added quickly as he turned to cover up their undemolished harvest, mainly Vic’s work. “Oh…I didn’t know…I feed pokemon a lot so I can pet them….” Mint added scratching his head, guilt plain as day on his face. It had worked for him for the most part. After all, that’s how he’d met Cacio all those years ago in the forest. Granted he’d been extremely lucky a feral pokemon as strong as Cacio hadn’t outright mauled him but whatever.

“Can’t believe it’s been an hour and you’ve scarred a wild Zigzagoon already, Vic.” The grunt added, teasing the ranger as he stepped over squished berries. He heard faint yelping and barking in the distance. Maybe the Zigzagoon had gotten even more stuck in place. “At least I get to see Ranger Wexler in action!!” he added trying not to make his friend feel too guilty.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 16:29:09 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

”Ha, yeah... I know it’s hard to try not to do it when they’re so cute, but you don’t want all wild pokémon to start relying on people for food, right? Things could go badly for them if they start trusting everyone.” Vic wished he could have said otherwise, but he wasn’t naive enough to do so. He knew there were people out there who weren’t all that nice to all pokémon; people who stole them, sold them, and did all sorts of horrible things that he didn’t want to think of. If only he had known exactly who he was hanging out with, no? ”It should be fine if it’s a pokémon you plan on capturing though!” He added with a smile so his friend wouldn’t feel guilty, patting his shoulder before returning his attention to the Zigzagoon’s path of destruction.
[break][break]
Oh, Arceus…
[break][break]
”I guess we could try picking some of those up…” It wouldn’t do much good while they still only had one of the baskets, but Vic would have hated it for all those berries to go to waste – picking up a couple that looked in good condition and putting them with the rest. Then, at Mint’s joke, he sighed. ”Ah… Don’t say it like that, I do feel really bad!” There was a short laugh, but it was still true. He hated when things like those happened, although it was kind of almost inevitable when dealing with wild pokemon....
[break][break]
”Miiiiint, stop teasing me,” He whined, giving the other a slight shove and smirking when he did as much. Jokes aside though, they did have to take care of the whole ‘Zigzagoon and the basket’ dilemma, so he made his way to the nearby bushes, crouching down in search of any signs left behind by the pokémon. ”Do you see the basket?”

[break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 21:01:42 GMT
mint frost Avatar

“I guess you’re right…but they’re just so cute sometimes. They make these faces-! Mint replied, thinking back to the many times a wild pokemon had probably taken advantage of him. “Like this one time! This wingull walked right up to me and pecked tapped my head with it’s beak-! It was so cute…and then it ate like half my ice cream before flying off….” The grunt lamented, trailing off as Vic continued. He nodded at the ranger before holding back a sigh. “I’ll always lure in the pokemon I wanna catch with food. It’s never failed me once! Cacio doesn’t count.” He stated grinning up at his friend before setting back to the task at hand. Right, a really spooked Zigzagoon stuck in his basket, and another one that might be ready to pounce on them if they got too close.

Mint looked at the trail, picking up a bruised pecha berry and carefully blowing off the dirty. He almost took a bite before remembering he should probably wash these before eating. He laughed at the shove before picking up another bruised berry that hadn’t miraculously burst or been squished. “Alright, aright!...Zigzagoon spooker…” With that he looked above the brush as Vic dropped down. The trees were sparse enough, but the ground was mostly hidden by hedge-like bushes and some tall grass. At the very least, there didn’t seem to be many brambles here. “Uhh…no?” he said, keeping his voice low in case they further startled their quarry.

As he said that a few birds seemed to fly out of nearby tree at the sound of a soft THUNK! Against bark. Mint turned his body in the direction of the sound, standing on his tip toes to see. “I- I think I see the wicker from here?” he said pointing and squinting towards the East. Just then, there seemed to be a muffle yip and the sound of something hitting bark again. “Do you see anything in the berry trail?” Mint asked.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 9:56:18 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

When Mint mentioned how his Luxio hadn’t fallen for his pokémon luring tricks, the pink-haired young man couldn’t help but laugh. ”Of course not! I bet that as a wild pokémon, Cacio would have rather eaten you than some treats. He’s pretty smart.” There was a smirk, but unbeknownst to him, his joke may not have been as far from the truth as he would have believed.
[break][break]
”I guess I’ve done that a couple of times too though... When I caught Taffy, he was only a Dreepy. I was camping at the Lake of Outrage in Galar and I guess the scent of my curry lured him to the camp. It was really cute!” At this, he smiled, the memories all too bittersweet now that years had passed. He added a few more berries to the basket as he talked, only stopping once he was crouching down and looking for any signs of either Zigzagoon.
[break][break]
”Mmm… no, I don’t see anything here, but…” Vic too turned in the direction Mint had pointed out, quietly watching the bushes for a second and biting his lower lip as he did as much. ”...Okay.” He stood, and without a word of explanation, he reached for the back of his shirt and pulled it off in one swift motion. Then, shirtless as he was, he turned to look at his friend. ”Stay very quiet, alright?” It was a shame, because he liked the shirt. It had a couple of Skitty on it and it was really nice. But, hot Summer day as it was, it was the only thing he had on him that he could use for what he was about to do...
[break][break]
With a care that one would have almost thought him incapable of, Vic quietly stepped forward, his every move barely making any sound as he walked in the direction of the strange noise. He didn’t want to spook the Zigzagoon more than it was necessary, and that was the whole reason he had his shirt in his hands: because, once he was close enough, he threw it over the pokémon as quickly as it was possible.
[break][break]
The Zigzagoon struggled and tried to break free from his grip, only growing a bit calmer once the ranger used the shirt to cover its eyes – working as quickly as possible in untangling it before setting it free. It ran away that very second, and all Vic could do was sigh as he looked down at the shredded wicker that had once been a basket.

[break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 21:33:07 GMT
mint frost Avatar

Mint nodded, laughing at the thought. It had not crossed his mind that Cacio had at one point considered him prey while bumbling through the wilds of Sinnoh. “Yeah, but he’s a good boy! Followed me around a lot before he let me catch him.” In Mint’s mind, the Luxio had most likely figured out he was a human…and humans tended to have a lot of food on them or around them. “Aww Taffy!! That’s so cute. Curry must’ve smelled pretty good.” Mint had yet to experience something like that on the grounds that he couldn’t really cook for himself. Most pokemon interactions were on the chance that he stumbled onto them or vice versa and he was quiet enough to pull out a treat or two.

As Vic moved, his eyes darted from where he thought their quarry was to Vic and back. Only for a second later for Mint to clamp his jaws shut as he realized his friend was stripping. He’d be lying if he said he hadn’t had the slightest bit of a crush on his friend when they’d first met, and by now that was far gone. But still, BUT STILL even if he was no longer an artist, he still had the eye of one and it was drawn to Vic’s washboard abs. No, he didn’t know how to wash clothes without a washing machine. Yes, he pulled out his phone to take photos, the Zigzagoon forgotten. He could apologize for it later. He held his breath; both form the sight and the careful nature that was working with wild pokemon. And as soon as he sees the cream and brown blur dart out, his phone let loose a series of soft clicks that both caught the tail of the Zigzagoon and its friend disappearing and then pointed squarely at Vic’s chest. After a moment, they turn off and Mint is grinning. “You redeemed yourself!! It looked ok when it ran off!” the breeder congratulated as he stepped closer to look at the remnants of his basket.

“Hope I don’t have to pay for that. They’ll understand…right?” He had some pictures to prove their story after all. He nudged the thing with his foot. “It might…well I can make do until we carry everything back. A shame it just cuts out loads in half or, like, less than half.” He said with a laugh as he pocketed his phone again and picked up the wicker mess.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 0:41:43 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

A sigh of relief. This was the only sound the man made when the Zigzagoon was finally set free. Then, he stood, a hand holding onto both his shirt and the remnants of the basket while the other reached upwards – fingers brushing through soft, tousled, bubblegum-coloured hair.
[break][break]
It was only then when he heard the clicking sound made by the camera of his friend’s phone, a gentle laugh leaving him. ”Mint, are you taking pictures? Why?!” It wasn’t that he was embarrassed. Vic didn’t care much for who saw him shirtless, after all, and he even found it kind of really refreshing under the summer heat. But, he also didn’t think there was a reason to be taking pictures of any of this. Was it a big deal or something?
[break][break]
”Ah… I think it will probably be fine if we explain it and apologize, right?” He hoped so, since he would have felt really guilty if Mint had to pay for the basket when he had been the one who spooked the Zigzagoon to begin with. ”Here, you take this and I’ll take the one with the berries.” The sad, shredded wicker carcass was given to his friend, then walking over to the other basket and picking it up with ease.
[break][break]
”It sucks though, yeah… Sorry you won’t be able to turn in all those other berries.”
[break][break]
All those others… The ones that now made the ground beneath them look like a fruit massacre. May they rest in peace in berry heaven.

[break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 1:37:15 GMT
mint frost Avatar

“Memories! Duh!!” Mint replied as he busied himself pulling pieces of grass out of the wicker basket. “We saved a helpless Zigzagoon!! And they’re cute!! And we hung out again!!” the grunt added excitedly despite his unhurried movements. “We gotta take a photo together later to commemorate this too!” he added. It was all for the gram. Well, that was his excuse anyway. He wouldn’t tell Vic he didn’t have memories like this with friends, much less that he hadn’t ever had a lot of friends. Or any. That was kind of sappy and he didn’t feel like explaining how much of a loser he was. Money really couldn’t buy you everything.

“Yeah…but I can always come back another day. Berry picking is kind of fun!” Mint replied with a small shrug. Despite all the hard labor, and the loss of his hard work, he didn’t seem too perturbed. But that was just a side effect of being able to go out with a friend. “I’m thinking I should learn how to make jams, so even these crushed berries would be of use. Though…I’d have to be careful to not get dirt in them I guess…” he trailed off, unsure how that would work. “But anyway, let’s just head back for now before we lose anymore, ok?” the breeder added nudging his taller friend. He did his best to cover the rather large hole in the basket, tossing in a few of the berries they could save before beginning to head back with the ranger.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Is this a robberry?! [M]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 8:50:51 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: