CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 15:36:48 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"power bowl it is."

cian checks it off on the piece of paper, then quickly adds a number two next to it, deciding to follow her order. if the new power bowl's bad then at least they both have to suffer through it. and besides, something new does sound exciting.

after finishing off their order, he hands it over the counter, then turns to lead them to their table.

"so how many pokemon are you currently talking care of?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 15:49:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery follows not far behind, slipping into the seat across from him. She takes care to set her purse down in the corner, folding the strap over itself to take up less space.

"Five or six right now, I think. Not including my own, though. I have almost too many to count at this point."

She smiles, though she is clearly relaxed and happy. Avery was describing a ton of work as if it were nothing.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 16:24:51 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"that's pretty amazing. i struggle with more than four."

another reason why tyrogue's at the daycare. he shifts in his seat, leaning forward ever so slightly.

"how many would you say you have? ballpark number."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 16:44:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She pauses, thinking. Her brows come together and she hums, trying to count in her head.

"Umm.. maybe 30 or so? Some of them are big now, but most of them are small."

Like her little garden of Budew in the backyard. She smiles fondly when she thinks of them.

"Maybe more, I'm not really sure. They aren't really a handful, so I don't really think about it!"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 17:35:55 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"that's a lot! i don't know how you do it."

his smile mirrors hers, oddly fond and bright. he reaches for his drink, quickly sipping before continuing:

"i'd love to meet them someday."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 18:42:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I suppose I don't really think about it, much! I've been surrounded by dozens of Pokemon- especially babies- my entire life, practically. I'm used to it, I guess."

For a moment she worries that she's bragging. But she also doesn't have the courage to tell him about the time she'd had a terrible, horrifying go with a pair of baby Tyrunt. Nearly a bloodbath, with her buried beneath the bookcases and side-tables and couch stuffing.

No, she definitely wasn't going to tell him about that.

"Hm? Really? You would?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 7:33:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"that sounds really nice."

it sounds quaint, peaceful, and for moments he cannot help but compare. a subtle pang of envy surfaces; subtle, little, but it's there.

cian's life has been good. it has been comfortable. but has it truly been his?

"i would. if you'd let me, of course."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 15:41:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"It has!"

She smiles, oblivious to whatever demon shifts beneath the mask he wears. Nothing is amiss, nothing is out of the ordinary, nothing is wrong.

The woman plays idly with one of the napkins, folding back and forth one corner of the paper.

"You're more than welcome to stop by the daycare anytime, Cian! It's always nice to see a friendly face."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 9:13:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"i definitely will."

that might be the first instance of a half-lie; half only because he's not entirely sure when he'd be able to again. but the desire to is genuine, even if he doesn't realize it.

their salads soon arrive.

"random question. do you visit the beach often?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 14:16:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His half-lie does not really trigger any sort of unexplainable nausea in her. Perhaps Shaymin can see the boys genuine spirit, for now.

Avery ooes at the sight of their salads. Both are identical, and both--

"Oh dear.."

Her thought interrupts his question, and the woman takes a second to peel her eyes up from the bowls.

"Sometimes, yes! I love to watch the Mantine and Mantyke from time to time."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 15:27:39 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian remains oblivious to any troubles she may have with their salads. he listens, nodding as he picks up his fork.

"let's head there after this. i think we'll be able to catch the sunset."

only when he's done with his first bite does he notice.

"what's wrong?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 18:54:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery nods along with his suggestion, but ultimately her attention remains on the salad in front of her. Her face is pale, and when he brings attention to her uncomfortable reaction, she swallows hard, shaking her head.

"It's okay. I'll just.. eat around it!"

But she doesn't move to do that, either.

There are perfectly good, seasoned strips of meat scattered on top of the salad. It makes sense in a power bowl, but the thought to request it without any real protein had slipped her mind.

Evidently, the thought of eating like this made her nauseous.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 10:31:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"oh, you don't eat meat."

it's not a question but a statement; it doesn't take much to realize. he places his fork down, then reaches for her bowl.

"i got it. one sec."

and if she doesn't stop him, he'd head back to the counter and ask for a new bowl, free of meat.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 14:22:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"N-no, wait!"

But her voice is too soft and Cian is too fast. The bowl is removed, plucked from the table with ease to be replaced. Avery sits back in her seat, awkward and embarrassed.

Eventually, she leans around the chair to peek at him. Warmth fills her cheeks for the hundredth time today and she catches herself thinking about how nice he's been when he didn't have to be.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 14:30:20 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian remembers how much he'd hate calling the waitress to fix a wrong order, or when he'd return an uncooked or badly cooked dish. it used to embarrass him likely the same way it embarrasses avery's right now. but eventually, he realizes life would've been much harder without bo.

soon, he returns to their table.

"here you go: one vegetarian-friendly bowl."

[attr="class","noodles"]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">