gleam

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 14:36:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery blinks, mortified to have possibly been caught staring, and pulls away to sit comfortably again. Her new salad is set in front of her with his comment. It brings her great relief and joy to see a leafy bowl with all of the separate slices of extra bonuses- and no meat.

"Thank you, Cian."

She hesitates, however, before lifting her fork. After a moment of silent debating and glancing at him, she holds out her hand, palm up.

"Did you.. uhm.. do you mind if I bless the food really quick?"

He doesn't have to take her hand, or even participate, as she will retract it into her lap and very quickly utter a nervous little blessing. Regardless of if he accompanied her, she'd blink her eyes open and offer him a bright smile, fork in hand.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 14:43:35 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"of course."

he reaches for his fork, lifts it, but it never finds purchase. it soon lowers back down again.

"no, no, not at all."

offering her a smile, he slips his hand into hers, holding it as she begins her little blessing. her hand feels soft, he notices. he's unsure whether or not to close his eyes; he does whatever she does.

when it's over, his attention lingers on her, not yet reaching for his fork.

"i've never quite heard a blessing like that before. where'd you learn it?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 14:49:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Is he still holding her hand? He might be, and if he is, she hasn't pulled away either, likely because she is too embarrassed by the physical contact and the fact that he hasn't stopped looking at her and.. and..

"Oh, uhm! It's.. I learned it from my grandmother. She insists on giving thanks for every meal."

She'd sort of rushed through it so as to not draw too much attention. Not everyone was as keen on such traditions and speaking out loud like she had was always cause for a quick heartbeat.

But apparently he had been listening, long enough that he showed interest. Maybe he was just being nice.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 14:57:14 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]he hasn't pulled his hand away yet. this feels nice, he decides, and so unless she makes an indication that she wants to, he'll keep holding her hand.

"i like it. it sounds really nice."

maybe next time she'd recite it slower so he can remember it.

actually —

"will you teach me it next time?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 15:09:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He is not, by any means, holding her hostage. But she can't pull away from him and a part of her realizes she doesn't want to. Cian's hand was warm and comforting, and she has no issue handling her salad with one hand.

Though she soon realizes that she hasn't even taken a bite yet, either. Neither of them have.

Avery's eyes widen in surprise. There it was again: next time. The suggestion that he planned on coming back. And although she wasn't yet aware of what uncanny superpower she had - it didn't activate. It hadn't before, either. Whether Cian knew it or not, he meant what he was saying.

"Yes! Sure, okay. I'd love to teach it to you."

Timidly, the young woman squeezes his hand.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 15:18:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]he squeezes her hand in return, smile growing warmer.

"good. i'm looking forward to it."

finally, he pulls his hand away, suddenly feeling a bit colder. it doesn't take them long after that to finish their salads.

soon, his napkin lowers and he's gesturing towards the door.

"ready?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 16:02:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery tucks her hand back into her lap when he eventually let's go. In fact, she puts it in between her knees to hold onto the warmth just a little bit longer. She continues to smile, perhaps a little bit giddy with all of the attention she's received.

She finishes a little bit after him, simultaneously rushing and not rushing to finish. Cian's lowered his napkin first, but she takes extra care to clean up after the two of them, using her napkin to clear away crumbs and cradle them in the paper. One quick trip to the recycle bins leaves her a little bit lighter.

"Yes!"

The woman leans into the booth again briefly to retrieve her purse before falling into step just behind him. It was probably a five or ten minute walk to the beach from here. She lived in damn near the perfect spot in Lilycove, with access to everything at her fingertips.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 18:40:29 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]it's a pretty good spot; some might even say perfect.

he's reaching for her hand again even before the door closes behind them, craving the warmth she provides. and then, with one fell tug, he's leading them towards the beach. they manage to arrive just a bit before sunset.

"i think we made it in time."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 21:59:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery is turned the other way, looking over her shoulder to make sure the door latches closed. She'd hate for it to not and to let the air conditioning out--

But Cian slips his hand into hers, tugging her along with ease. It catches her by surprise, as it really isn't very often at all that anyone holds her hand. Though she supposes that isn't true. The children and taller Pokemon often do, but not adults.

And not boys, especially.

She does not complain, however, and instead moves quicker on her feet to catch up with him so as to not feel as if he's dragging her behind. The sun is still high in the sky by the time they arrive- the clouds haven't even turned purple or orange.

"We did! I was hoping I hadn't made us late waiting on me.."

Avery breathes a sigh of relief at the thought, smiling up at the sky.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 11:24:01 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian smiles up at the sky as well, then tugs her towards the beach, soon slipping his shoes off; he holds it in one while the other remains intertwined with hers.

together, they slowly walk along the beach, admiring the view: for him, his attention's mostly on avery.

"you okay to just sit and watch the sunset?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 13:34:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
They only ever stop for a second at a time. She's looking up at the sky and the clouds dispersing into thin, wispy trails when her fingers are squeezes and she's tugged along and further down the beach. Along the way she hops, skips, stumbles while removing her own shoes, dangling them off her fingers on her free hand.

Where her eyes are tracing the water's edge and the sun as it sinks, Cian's are on her.

"Yeah! Totally! A little sand never hurt anyone."

There was only a small percent chance the water would creep up the shore to meet them.. probably.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 13:47:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"great!"

a few more minutes pass before they reach a quiet enough spot almost isolated from the rest of the crowd. he places his shoes behind them then lowers to the sand, settling comfortably next to her.

the sun slowly approaches the horizon, though they still have some time to enjoy the view.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 13:56:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Surprisingly, it seems that the beach is more or less clear of most tourists and visitors. Maybe people are still paranoid about the giant Tentacruel that one year for the surfing event.

With her hand in his, she inevitably is tugged down to sit with him- not that she minds. Somehow, the motion isn't even awkward. Her free hand scoops her dress beneath her comfortably as she leans into an only slightly-awkward sit.

It was always a bit awkward to sit on the ground in a dress.

Unexpectedly, however, a creeping sense of unease or worry settles in her chest. It is easy to shake, for now, but it does prompt her to suck in a breath to still her nerves for just a moment.

"Do you live in Lilycove?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 14:01:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian shakes his head.

"i'm only here to train for the tournament. i live in rustboro. have you ever been?"

naturally, he gravitates towards her. his shoulder leans against hers as he peers out at the rolling waves.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 14:08:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Maybe once or twice."

She smiles, though that smile turns into embarrassed surprise when their shoulders touch. He leans into her just enough that she wonders if it's intentional. Is he tired? The sun was going down, and she was feeling a bit tired.

That's probably what it was.

"I've only really been in Fortree and Lilycove.. for long periods of time, I mean."

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">