CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 14:12:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"fortree's really nice to run in."

he chuckles, realizing how often he resorts to talking about running or competing.

"but i've only ever been in rustboro, really. you should visit sometime."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 14:21:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Do you like to run--?"

Her question is clipped of her own accord, quieted instinctively because he's begun speaking. And it is, in part at least, also due to the content of his comment.

You should visit sometime.

She barely knew this man. Quite literally a stranger that had walked into her evening to offer her a smile. It sort of felt like a dream, as silly as that sounded.

"Okay."

Maybe she would.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 14:30:20 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"i'm looking forward to it."

another smile graces his features, bright against the darkening skies. the sun slowly dips, approaching the horizon to cast shades of orange across the earth.

he draws gentle circles on her skin with his thumb, enjoying the moment.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 15:14:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The sun begins to set, sinking lower and lower into the sea. It should be beautiful- and it is, but that nugget of worry starts to squirm. The dark brings long shadows, stretching from still-propped umbrellas. Like long, insidious fingers, they reach.

Stop scaring yourself, Avery.

Warmth from Cian's thumb massaging shapes into her skin draws her attention away from the things that go bump in the night. She sucks in a breath, focusing on him.

"Look at that cloud over there. What does it look like?"

She points with her free hand, leaning into him incidentally with the effort.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 16:31:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]warmth spreads from her shoulder against his. he smiles, appreciating the feeling.

his eyes follow her finger out to one of the many clouds in the sky.

"i might sound a bit crazy but it kinda looks like a pyroar. can you see it? the mane right there..."

and just like she does, his arm stretches out, pointing to a cloud ahead of her. he's leaning close, entering her personal space as he chuckles.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 16:38:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She'd seen it too, but she'd been hoping for him to say something else.

It looked like its mouth was open, with rows of cloudy teeth. She is thankful for his closeness, it offers comfort even if he doesn't realize it. And with him this close to her, it is inevitable that he could smell the subtle sweet scent she gives off. It is weaker than it might have been earlier in the day, wilting with the lowering of the sun.

"I see it. Does he look.. angry to you?"

The woman's voice is quiet, perhaps a little uneasy.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 16:43:26 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"angry?"

cian shakes his head — does he smell flowers? he doesn't bother looking around them, perhaps wanting to stay in the moment, but he's unable to shake off the scene.

it's nice, he decides.

"not really. i think he looks pretty regal. proud."

his finger lowers for a moment but it soon raises to point again.

"that one looks like a jigglypuff pouting."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 16:47:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Cold fingers of dread, similar to the shadowy ones that stretch further and further up the beach, trail down her back. She shivers even though it isn't cold, discomfort settling deeper and deeper the longer she stays.

"You're probably right. Just regal."

She isn't convinced, but he sounds so certain that she's willing to let it go. He points instead, to another cloud. This one is stained with the sunset by now, but she sees it just in time before it melts away.

"Why do you think it's pouting?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 16:52:19 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"it's probably upset i noticed the pyroar first."

a chuckle escapes as his hand lowers once again, though he doesn't make any attempts to shift away. he's more than content with staying this close to her.

maybe it's the SWEET SCENT that allures him, or maybe it's her, but he soon finds himself wanting something more.

"avery..."

he turns, meeting her gaze.

"can i kiss you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 17:18:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He laughs, and it smooths her bumbling nerves. In fact, he encourages her to smile despite the quiver in her throat. That, and despite the lull in their idle cloud-watching, he hasn't pulled away. They sit together on the beach, sort of huddled but it isn't awkward.

Well, she's awkward, but that's just Avery.

Of course, things need to get more awkward when he makes eye contact. It should have been fine, she thinks, except there is a look in those dark eyes of his that startles her. He asks her a question, something she's not expecting.

Avery... can I kiss you?

Her heart is beating loud enough she can hear it, and she's opening and closing her mouth trying to find a response.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 18:05:56 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]where her heart is beating loud, his heart is steady, as though this is to be expected.

and yet, he cannot deny the flutter of warmth that spreads at the idea of kissing her.

why?

a gentle hand reaches up to brush against her cheek, caressing, coaxing her for something more tangible.

"avery?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 18:14:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She doesn't flinch, but her reaction is something close.

Cian's hand is warm and gentle, and though there is no suggestion or indication that the gesture is unfriendly, Avery's gaze lowers anyway. She pulls a corner of her lip into her mouth, teeth holding it hostage in an uncomfortable, anxious expression.

"I-I've never been kissed before."

And there was something in his dark brown eyes, she knew, that worried her.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 18:49:42 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"oh."

for whatever reason, it doesn't surprise him.

even if he wants to push, to further dance along the line, he refrains himself just this once, though his hand still lingers on the side of her face.

"would you like to?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 19:05:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It's sweet, she hopes, that he doesn't just up and leave. Not that she's ever been in a situation like this to give her any indication of the right or wrong way to react. But surely, telling a boy that she'd never been kissed before was alarming. Right?

His hand lingers but she ultimately, nervously pulls away. By now the sun has sunk long enough that the pretty sunset is nearly over. What should have been a romantic kiss on the beach was fading away, quickly.

"N-no.. I don't.. I don't know, Cian. It's getting dark."

The way she says it indicates she's scared. Without the sun, her powers of 'bright and cheery' wilt and fade away. It had only gotten worse since Shaymin had chosen her- something she was still yet unaware of.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,967 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 19:21:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]her fears are misunderstood as anxiety; this is her first kiss, after all, and shouldn't it be with someone special?

perhaps not kissing her is the right thing to do. but fuck is it conflicting.

"that's okay, avery."

with a smile, he leans back, finally moving away, though not without whispering:

"whenever you're ready."

[attr="class","noodles"]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">