awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 22:27:18 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
perhaps it was risky. perhaps she didn't care. Siobhan stood outside the Warehouses with a transport truck parked nearby. loaded onto them were Slowpoke, awaiting a buyer. demand was high for Slowpoke due to the Galarian variant and she was here to oversee the transfer safely. to the League member who was accompanying them, the Slowpoke were going to a safe and happy reservation to spend their days lazily frolicking.

there was no need to cage the Slowpoke. they were quite happy just lying in the back. Siobhan had already captured about five of them without the other Grunt's help. the money would go to Rocket and she'd get a slice. but the two other humans were here to make sure the ride back to Slateport City went smooth. she'd lean against the pick-up truck, ready to drive it. rumor about rival gangs coming to steal Slowpoke during transport was on her mind.

+
1/5
come out of your shell mission
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 1:45:51 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“Hey, sorry for the wait!” the grunt called out, jogging out of the warehouse, a trio of Slowpoke in different states of sleep huddled in his arms. A fourth was trailing behind a bit of a distance away, but still moving along towards the pick-up truck. Mint gestured at the driver with his elbow before carefully placing the Slowpoke in the bed of the truck with their brethren and then immediately turning around to scoop up the last one. “I didn’t see anymore in there.” He added once he made the trip back and gently set down the last of their pink cargo.

He seemed overly excited, patting the sleepy psychic types on the head before turning to Siobhan. “I’m Mint, I’ll be working with you today.” He greeted before unceremoniously hoping into the bed with the rest of the Slowpoke. A couple of them seemed to move towards him curiously, one even attempting to climb his thigh. “Chill, chill I’m getting it.” He said before pulling out a few treats from his pocket and handing them out. “There’s probably gonna be loads more at that reserve ya’ll are heading to.” He assured half considering catching one of the Slowpoke and keeping them for himself.

[break][break]

+ + hope this is ok!!!

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 7:53:04 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

Vic had done his fair share of work for pokémon reservations. In Galar, in Alola, and even now that he lived in Hoenn. It was something he enjoyed doing, so of course he was more than willing to help when help was needed, even if he himself didn’t work for or was at all involved with the organization in question.
[break][break]
Of course, there was also the fact that Mint had been the one who asked him to help, and it was known that the pink-haired man was generally always willing to help his friends.
[break][break]
Making sure the Slowpoke got to the reservation safely, that’s what they were doing today.
[break][break]
By the time he showed up, all of the adorable Dopey Pokémon had been loaded onto the back of a pick-up truck, Vic greeting both his friend and the stranger with a smile: ”Hey! Are we ready to go?... Oh! I'm Vic, by the way, Mint said you could use the help. Nice to meet you!” And, did this situation raise any red flags at all? Honestly, no. After all, in the man’s experience with pokémon rescue and conservation, sometimes things couldn’t be done all professionally and fancily. Sometimes, there weren’t the resources. Sometimes, all one had to work with was a pick-up truck and a handful of people with good intentions…
[break][break]
”Aw, you’re all so cute!” Petting one of the Slowpoke, he jumped onto the back of the truck as well. ”What’s the name of the reservation they’re going to, again?”

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxb]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb b]color:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
we plot in the shadows & hang out in gallows
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 21:49:07 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
a thin but friendly enough smile would cross her lips as Mint appeared, followed by Vic. she hadn't introduced herself until both young men arrived. they seemed much too concerned with checking out the Slowpoke. strange, that a Rocket Grunt didn't get the job they were doing - but she assumed if she tipped him off, he'd tell his pink haired friend. that would cause trouble. "Siobhan" she says to both, extending a hand to gesture to herself "they are going to a reservation called Second Hope."

which she had the pleasure of knowing was a real organization. 

"we'll be meeting the activist in Slateport" Siobhan informs both men "and they will transfer the Slowpoke to Alola. it's merely a quick drive into the city - but some unsavory folks have been, ah, robbing people" first pirates and now Pokemon hunters. well, she was in Rocket so her hands were not so clean. "I cannot defend us while driving" she also tells them "so you will have to do that, if we run into anyone." getting into the truck, she motions for one of them to sit up front with her and the other at the back with their precious cargo.

+
2/5
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 23:25:15 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“Oh, nice to meet you, Siobhan!” Mint said easily. Slateport isn’t too far a drive, would it really be that dangerous. Team Rocket didn’t use hyperbole all that often, so he supposed it was enough of a risk to warn them about it. He wondered why the Slowpoke were such a hot commodity right now. Was it the tails again? Tails that could easily be harvested once they’d fallen off? Did Galarian Slowpokes taste different?? “Right, right, The Poachyenas lot, right?” Mint said, recalling the name from his brief. “They sound too cute to be a threat.” Then again, he viewed most pokemon that way so he couldn’t really judge, could he? [break][break]

He looked over at the passenger seat before reaching to his belt and letting out his Luxio. “Sit in the bed with Vic, ok?” he ordered the big cat who was already curiously poking at the Slowpoke and sniffing at the cargo. He looked over at the pinkette before nodding lazily and settling on the bed of the truck. “I can go shotgun!” he added already hoping out of the truck and moving quickly to take his seat besides Siobhan. He didn’t want to make her awkward having a non-rocket up in front. Though the whole mission was probably awkward. A weirdly out of place, mission of good will for them but Mint wouldn’t question it. “Don’t have too much fun without us, Vic!” he warned, poking his head out the window before turning back to Siobhan. “Any special routes we’re taking to avoid Poachers or…?”

[break][break]

+ + hope this is ok!!!

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 12:39:37 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

”Oh, Second Hope? No way! I know a couple of people who work with them. I hear they have a great program for retired racing pokémon.” The pinkette was as chatty as always, especially when it came to topics that were of particular interest to him – such as pokémon reservations.
[break][break]
He listened as the other two talked about a supposed gang of pokémon poachers who apparently happened to have a bunch of Poachyenas (fitting, but not exactly subtle, was it?), and he nodded in agreement when being told to stay behind with the Luxio and the Slowpokes. Then, tentatively, a hand was outstretched in order to let the familiar Spark Pokémon sniff his hand so he could pet him, ever aware that not every pokémon liked to suddenly be touched. ”Guess it’s just you and me now, Cacio.” Vic smiled, although that wasn’t exactly true: it was him, the Luxio, and a whole bunch of Slowpokes.
[break][break]
It made it a bit hard to find a comfortable position to sit in, specially being as told as Vic was and having so many Slowpoke demanding his attention, but he eventually made do – always keeping his eyes on the road in case they needed to suddenly jump to action.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 18:13:18 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
these two were quite chatty.

Mint was unaware of the ruse, and she was not going to remind him of their values in Rocket. Siobhan did not want to tip off the League member, so she went along with it. the blue haired man sat beside her in the passenger's seat while Vic went in the back with the Slowpoke. "back roads are breeding grounds for criminal activity" she says to Mint "we take a direct route - more people along the way for witnesses."

and though risky with the police and rangers, it was better than being caught in the boonies somewhere. a flat tire. a slashed tire. or a slashed face. Siobhan put the vehicle into gear and drove forward, taking the main road back to Slateport. as she suspected, once they got onto the path there were others securely around them. nobody seemed to mind a truck and the Slowpoke.

"you know him well?" Siobhan would ask Mint of the pink haired man, both hands on the wheel and checking her four and twos.

+
3/5

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 3:02:18 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He nodded along to the explanation. “Sounds reasonable enough.” The grunt replied casually as he watched traffic pass. He wasn’t exactly sure how they’d really see poachers coming. He half expected a Poochyena themed pair of cars but that would’ve been too obvious right. ‘Maybe some vans?’ he thought as he watched a black moving van more or less pass them on the other lane. He eyed the dark window noting it was pretty dark compared to their own. Did it help with the Hoenn sun? He turned back to Siobhan as she spoke up again. “Oh, yeah, you could say so. Though we haven’t known each other for super long.” the bluehead explained. At the very least, he could sort of gage how Vic would react to certain things, and what was best to omit from him. He’s about to reciprocate the question before he realized that she didn’t know either of them very well so instead there’s a silence that hangs in the air. [break][break]

Which he breaks, almost immediately. “Hey after the drop off, we’re going to grab some burgers if you want to get lunch.” He didn’t notice the moving van from before was keeping pace with them. Or a different colored moving van sidling up on the other side of the pickup. Cacio, however, seemed very aware of the cars that were beginning to box them in. The Luxio who has deigned Vic worthy of a hand sniff and a lick, before resting his head low to allow him a pet, suddenly sat up straight, eyes noting the vehicles that felt too close to comfort. Though, more so it was when a third car tapped the back bumped, jolting the pickup truck. The Luxio growled, scrambling to his feet and more or less urging Vic to do the same while his trainer shouted in the passenger seat. “Did you run over a Zigzagoon?!”

[break][break]

+ + hope this is ok!!!

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 7:44:50 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

It wasn’t a Zigzagoon.
[break][break]
Vic had noticed the vans just like the Luxio had, and he had been keeping an eye on them as well. Of course, there was always the possibility that those vans had nothing to do with them, that all this was just a weird coincidence, and that they were also just there on their way to Slateport (especially since this was the main road we’re talking about here). But… even an optimist like Vic knew that all that sounded too good to be true.
[break][break]
A third vehicule appeared behind them, tapping the back of the pick-up truck, and Vic had to hold on in order not to fall. The Slowpoke stirred, confusion although not all that distressed just yet, the pink-haired man turning his attention to the growling Luxio by his side. ”...Fuck,” he whispered under his breath, carefully standing – a hand on the edge of the roof for support and the other knocking on the back window in order to alert both Siobham and his friend. The vans were getting closer and closer, they were being trapped.
[break][break]
He looked at the car, meeting the gaze of the person at the wheel, and he reached for his belt in order to retrieve one of the pokéballs that never left his side…
[break][break]
It was then when a question was raised in his mind: How do you stop three moving cars without hurting anyone?
[break][break]
The answer came in the form of a Dragapult that was summoned out of its pokéball with a flash, Vic turning to it as it flew by the side of the truck. ”Taffy! Dragon Darts, but aim just to pop the car’s tires!”
[break][break]
Thankfully, the Dragapult was great at following commands, and his aim also wasn’t half bad.
[break][break]
In a split second, a pair of intrepid Dreepy shot out of its horns, aimed directly for the front wheels of the vehicle. One of them missed, but the other hit its target with a loud POP! The car swerved, but eventually came to a stop without much damage.
[break][break]
One down, two to go. Or, well, so Vic hoped...

[break][break]

+ &
[break]no Dreepy were harmed in the making of this post

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 22:11:54 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
even a 'known' League member could turn. especially if they found out Mint was Rocket. she says nothing, letting the silence drag until - pop goes the weasel - the vehicle shakes. the request for joining them for a burger was met with some thoughtful silence. she even opened her mouth to respond when the pick-up truck veers slightly off course.

instead, a light gasp escapes.

luckily, they had a useful Ranger at their beck and call. the Dragapult would make quick work of one of the approaching tires. Siobhan hissed, using evasive defensive course driving. she would zoom around a car in the front. "hang on!" she spat to Vic in the back, putting distance between them and the Poachers. what she assumed were indeed poachers.

Slateport was nearly in sight. she had to rely on the others to keep them off their back until she got there.

+
4/5
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 1:15:59 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The maneuver almost works except maybe the rear truck was too quick to start. Before the front truck can take its spot and completely box the pickup in, Vic’s already setting to work. Cacio sparks dangerously, pacing closer to the window of the passenger seat trying to do something useful. “Uhh-! You got this guys!!” Mint said as he quickly tapped through his phone to pull up a list of moves of his team. As he does, his Luxio is already moving again, darting on top of the front of the truck and jumping towards the van on the right, glowing with electricity. The electric type smacked onto the top of the van, releasing a powerful surge of electricity again whoever was there before using the momentum to bounce back onto the pickup truck, landing somewhere in the Slowpoke pile. Unfortunately, he jostled a few of the pink pokemon, but at least the second van was taken care of. [break][break]

Mint ignored the screaming but yelped as the swerving van smacked into their car. “You got this Siobhan!!” he shouted, rolling down his window to scream at Vic and Cacio. “Good job so far, lads!!” he added praising his teammates but still clearly panicked. He wanted off this ride. Meanwhile, what would've been the lead car isn't too happy to see their cargo zoom past them and audibly kicks it into gear. The windows roll down and let out a flash of white light revealing a couple of Golbat that immediately zoom forward ready to snipe some Slowpoke. They'd take what they could get at this point.

[break][break]

+ + hope this is ok!!!

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 17:18:43 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

It was hard to hold on. He almost fell more than once, and he found himself having to widen his stance in order to maintain balance. There wasn’t much else Vic could do. The scene was chaos, and all that filled his mind was making sure the Slowpoke were safe and sound – that Mint was safe and sound, and also Siobhan. Were the pokémon really so valuable that these people were willing to go so far?! To cause so much harm...
[break][break]
”Protect the Slowpoke!” He told the Dragapult, who in turn was more than ready to meet the pair of Golbat with a HEX the moment they flew towards the back of the pick-up truck, which apparently really pissed off the person in the car.
[break][break]
“YOU ROCKETS CAN’T ALWAYS GET EVERYTHING!! HAND OVER THE SLOWPOKE!”
[break][break]
Wait… What?
[break][break]
Rocket… Like… Team Rocket?!
[break][break]
Without a second of hesitation, he reached for a second pokéball. This time, an Arcanine. ”STOP THE CAR!”
[break][break]
And so, the pokémon did, using a combination of AGILITY and FLARE BLITZ in order to rush towards the moving vehicle, catching up to it and bumping its side. He almost flipped it upon impact, but not quite.
[break][break]
”WE NEED TO STOP AND CALL THE COPS!” He yelled for both Mint and Siobhan to hear, and let’s be honest here: this would have been the reaction anyone would have had in this sort of situation. Especially someone like a Ranger. They needed to report this and get those guys arrested!
[break][break]
And, also… what the hell had they actually meant by ’Rockets’?! Needless to say, Vic wanted answers and he was going to get them.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 18:05:00 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
there was already a headache forming, but now it turned into a bloody migraine. she tsk'ed at the Poachers' words, realizing the problem before Vic demanded they stop the car. see? even a League member could turn on you. it was foolish to stop the pickup right now, so she put more speed and distance between them. luckily, that did the trick. even the Golbat couldn't keep up and they hit Slateport fairly easily.

zooming into the front gate, the people around them jumped out of the way. she wasn't trying to hit anyone anyway. once they got in, the Poachers left them. unwilling to tangle so close to League borders. Siobhan would hit the brakes and wait for the vehicle to stop before jumping out herself. "there's no need to call the cops" she would say calmly to the Ranger.

rounding to the back of the vehicle, she inspected their supposed saved cargo. "I'm not a Rocket; nor is Mint" she goes on, bending down to pat one of the Slowpoke who looked a bit frazzled "I apprehended the Pokémon from Rocket at the Warehouse, then called Mint to help me deliver it. unless you want these poor abused Pokémon to wait to go to a sanctuary... feel free to call the cops."

Siobhan lifted her eyes to Vic, raising a brow in question. "the proper channels would take too long. who knows what'll happen if we wait? my contact is ready to take them now. they'll be on a plane to Alola come morning." she also dug into her belongings before pulling out a very convincing fake ID. thankfully all of Rocket carried them now.

it showed her as a worker at the Galarian Embassy.

+
5/5
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 3:01:04 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

The window is still down so he can relay commands to Vic and Cacio. OR well, yell at them to see if they were ok as Siobhan took defensive driving precautions. The screeching of their tires was driving him crazy and he didn’t even look to see what had become of the vehicles they’d already taken care of. “What the hell is he talking about??” Mint screeched as another car almost flipped. Cacio snarled aggressively at the incoming Golbat, waiting for them to get close enough for him to bite, but they never made it. As the pickup truck came to a halt Mint fumbled with his seatbelt and threw himself out of the passenger seat, rushing over to the bed to check on all the Slowpoke as well as his friends. “Are you ok?! Anyone hurt???” he asked, unbuckling the back of the bed to better get up on it. Cacio moved to his side to comfort him, laying down dutifully to allow himself to be pet and kissed. [BREAK][BREAK]

“Can you believe those poachers were tracking Rocket movements? Maybe they were on their way to the Warehouse we were at before they saw leaving it with them in tow!!” Mint added, sitting himself down and using his other hand to pet a couple of Slowpoke that were trying to get their bearing after the wild car chase. “I got the licenses on a couple of the cars that were chasing us if you want to put that with the Cops, Vic, but if Siobhan says we can get them to safety now I’m ok with going there first instead of the cops.” He added. To add to his point he picked up a Slowpoke and set it on his lap before fishing out a half crushed treat from his pocket and feeding it to him. [BREAK][BREAK]

“Plus, like them, I’m hankering for burgers now. Especially after…ALL of that you know?” he added hoping he was being helpful.

[break][break]

+ + hope this is ok!!!

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
[m] don't be slow, poke!
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 3:40:53 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

”What do you mean ‘there’s no need to call the cops’? Of course we need to call the cops!” Vic wasn’t one to argue often, and honestly he didn’t even sound upset (more like shaken and stressed thanks to everything that had just happened), but he was pretty sure that ‘getting attacked in the middle of the road by vans full of poachers trying to steal some Slowpoke’ definitely classified as the sort of situation where one needed to call the cops. Hell, they even covered situations like that one in his Ranger training and all!
[break][break]
He couldn’t believe Siobhan wouldn’t want to get the proper authorities involved. What if the poachers got away and went on to steal more pokémon?! It wasn’t right, none of it was…
[break][break]
Arms crossed, Vic listened to her story, a frown causing slight wrinkles on his forehead when she accused him of not caring for the wellbeing of the Slowpoke. For the most part, he had bought it, but the pokémon’s wellbeing was the whole reason he was here, after all! ”That’s not the point. We saved these pokémon now, but what about the ones they try to steal tomorrow or the day after that? Of course I want the Slowpoke to get the sanctuary safe, but the longer we wait, the higher the chances that the poachers will get away!” Her ID didn’t sway him, nor did Mint’s nonchalant attitude about the whole thing – he was even talking about getting burgers! At a time like this!
[break][break]
Did they really not see it? Did they not understand how dangerous those people were? How much damage they could cause if they went free?
[break][break]
He was quiet for a long few seconds that could have seemed like an eternity on their own, and then he sighed – defeatedly so. ”Fine… Mint, can you give me the license numbers, then? I’ll go to the cops while you and Siobhan take the pokémon to the meeting spot. That should be fine, right?”
[break][break]
It made sense: he’s report the attacks while the others made sure the Slowpoke made it safely on their way to Second Hope. But, why did he still have such a bad feeling about it all? Why did it feel wrong? And, had Siobhan really taken these pokémon from Team Rocket all on her own? There were so many weird things about the whole situation, but still, Vic just wanted to do what he thought was right for everyone involved...
[break][break]