part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
sootopolis: snatch [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 17:16:42 GMT
samuel carter Avatar

not long

after this crazy shit...

Sam finds himself clutching onto River like his life depends on it. It's not like he's afraid of the water. Lavender Town was close enough to the ocean, docks just to the south of the city for trainers to walk along. He had his share of swimming lessons.

But nature wasn't anything to scoff at and they were on a mantyke. Not a wailmer, or wailord. Not a gyarados-- a mantyke.

He was feeling less and less safe by the second. Not to mention River's comment about getting frisky.

"I have no desire to frisk you. Just don't want to drown and I'm no Alolan surfer either."

Was he snippy? He didn't realize he was either. Seemed the adrenaline of the moment prior had him a little worried.
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 0:31:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","kuroo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

River can't decide if it's hot or not to have this dude grabbing him for dear life from behind. Maybe it's only disappointing because he doesn't feel anything between them, no indication that the other dude is just as interested by the situation as he is. What a fuckin' buzzkill.[break][break]

"You don't? Damn, alright then. Hard to please, I see. Guess I'll just have to try a little bit harder."[break][break]

If he was snippy, River wasn't catching on. Everyone and their neighbour was snippy with him- it came with the territory of being
a complete a-hole. He shifts on the Mantyke, just enough to put the fear of Arceus into Sam, and assert some sort of dominance or over-confidence. [break][break]

Beneath him, Mantyke chirps merrily, happy as a peach to continue flying. Were they flying? Sort of, yes. Their legs were wet though, indicating that at least every once in a while they were close enough to get their feet wet.[break][break]

At least someone was.[break][break]

"You wouldn't have a net on you, would ya?"

[attr="class","ooc"] notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".kuroo"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo"]--accent:#6982BA; --speech:#6982BA;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/x6T2FHX/river-post.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 13:01:24 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
There was something in the way that shift happened that had Sam gripping tighter and glaring at the back of River's head. He felt like the guy'd done it on purpose, but he kept that opinion to himself.

Until he was asked one of the silliest maybe dumbest questions he'd ever been asked after running away from a life threatening moment.

"A...net? No, no I don't have a, a net."

Sam was hardly ever the stuttering type, but he really couldn't believe he'd just been asked.

"Are you actually going to go fishing right now??"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 16:45:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","kuroo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"... damn. Well, alright. Guess we'll just have to use this."[break][break]

And then River proceeds to pull off his shirt. He isn't by any means 'absolutely shredded' like the pictures of nude men he almost certainly has in his phone- but he's definitely lean and pretty.[break][break]

With all of the confidence of a clumsy baby goose, River leans over the edge of his Mantine to fan his shirt. He's at least had the sense to tie off one end so the fish he may or may not catch can't escape. Whether or not it's working is unclear.[break][break]

"Uh.. yeah? Boss man said: 'Hey, River. Need you to bring home a big one' I can only assume that meant fish."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".kuroo"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/x6T2FHX/river-post.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".kuroo .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 13:04:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam's brows furrowed with mild concern. was this guy serious? they were stranded in the middle of the water routes after escaping a fued on a previously deserted island and his first thought was, 'dope, i'll catch some fish.'

"technically if your boss wasn't clear on 'a big one' you could assume it meant anything from a big catch to a big tip."

that's when it occurred to him.

"are you a fisherman? is that what that whole island feud was about?? FISH?"
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 0:46:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","kuroo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Yes, he was dead serious. Honestly, probably more serious than he had ever been. The type of serious that made men weak at the knees- he hoped.[break][break]

"Nah....... he definitely meant a big fish. Or a big dick, but I dunno if he's into that."[break][break]

River runs a hand through his hair, amused. Sam's hysteria only serves to inflate his ego in some obscure form, encouraging him to continue being an absolute buffoon.[break][break]

"Uhh.. yeah? Fish live in the water, right? Sooo.. obviously. Did you not know that fish live in the water? Dude.. you need ta read a book or something, that's like, kindergarten shit."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 22:36:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
slowly, ever slowly, sam's expression began to flateline. as word after word fell from river's mouth, sam found himself completely bewildered. a big fish or a big dick... what was happening?

'i must have entered some bizarre universe or something...'

"i'm aware fish live in water, dude."

careful river, the sass is in full swing baby.

"what i'm misunderstanding is why a fish matters after we were just running for our lives."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 23:51:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","kuroo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

River liked sassy. Really, really liked sassy. So at the lip he receives, he glances over his shoulder with renewed interest. Cocky interest, the type of interest that deserved a punch in the dick.[break][break]

"Cause a dude's gotta get paid, baby."[break][break]

Just as he says this, he gets a bite. Something snags in his tied-off shirt and thrashes wildly. So wildly, in fact, that he falls in.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".kuroo .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/FhfQdv7/river-post2.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 0:22:46 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam had just about told river not to call him baby when suddenly there was a snag on the shirt. and then, just as suddenly, river disappears into the water.

"...huh."

karma had claimed river in full force. now, sam had every intention to leave him, but the goodness deep down in the pits of his ghastly soul told him that even idiots like this newfound river deserved to be saved.

so he sighed, shaking his head. when he looked back on this moment, he'd laugh. for now, he was annoyed, leaning down and extending his hand to splash at the water to show river where to surface so he could pull him in.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2021 17:39:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","kuroo"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"Help! H-- elp! I can't --- I can't swim!"[break][break]

He flails and thrashes, rising above the surface to gulp air and water before sinking again. It's all an act - or is it?[break][break]

Fortunately, a strong hand reaches down for him. It splashes the water and he surfaces again, dramatically gasping for air and reaching for his hand to allow himself to be pulled back up.[break][break]

What better way to be rescued than by a beautiful man?

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".kuroo .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/FhfQdv7/river-post2.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2021 0:31:13 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
oh sam could slap him. river's an idiot enough to get on a water type while he can't swim? he wonders if it's an act, a ruse, to get sam's attention.

either way, he shifts, getting in front, and moving to motion for the pokémon to head a certain direction. he makes a mental note, right then and there, to get a pokémon that can teleport.

"you really can't swim?" he asked, ignoring the 'fishing' for now and heading off toward where he can hit shore and get a ticket back to his mountain.

and out of the water.