She/Her
June 21
Hau'oli City
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skatealola
kanoa kaʻuhane
Training Daze [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 0:48:34 GMT
kanoa kaʻuhane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leaveme"]

[attr="class","text"]

Kanoa had been lounging about in Hoenn for a little while now, a couple of days that she had used to get her bearings and explore the region that she would soon call her home; to find a couple of friendly faces so she didn’t feel like a stranger in a strange land. Now it was time to fulfill the promise she had made to her father, to become an official Ranger of this region as a jumping off point for her exploratory endeavors. But it wasn’t going to be that simple, as she had to find someone that would at least help her learn the ropes in this region, as all of them seemed to have their own unique method. That’s when she had gotten in contact with one of the Head Rangers, Laurence Anderson, who agreed to oversee her official instatement as a Ranger, that is, if she was able to complete the challenges properly.

[break][break]

First things first was to get to the Ranger HQ in Fortree City, which wasn’t too difficult, she could just ask people where it was, with most of the people being friendly in all to first timers; as the entire city being built in a large and vast forest did often lead to confusion and a lost sense of direction. But with a push in the right direction, she did indeed find herself at the “courtyard” of the Fortree City Ranger HQ. Now all the Alolan girl was doing was looking around for the head ranger that was supposed to watch over her for these “challenges”.

[attr="class","note"]

TAGS :

[BREAK]

WORD COUNT : 263

[googlefont="Roboto"][googlefont="Oswald"][newclass=".leaveme"]width: 400px; padding: 15px 0px;border: solid 1px #888;box-shadow: 5px 10px 20px #dedede;background-color:#333;[/newclass][newclass=".leaveme .note"] padding:5px; color:#b57000; font-style:bold; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-family: 'Oswald', bold; font-size:13px;[/newclass][newclass=".leaveme .text"]padding:35px; color:#f2f2f2; text-align:justify; margin-top:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:0.25px; [/newclass][newclass=".leaveme .text b"]color:#b57000; font-size:14px; font-style:bold; letter-spacing:-0.2px[/newclass][newclass=".leaveme .text i"]color:#b57000; font-size:13px; font-style:italic;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Training Daze [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 1:35:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It wasn’t every day he was called away from the hell that was his Lilycove office (and the equally fantastic hell of paperwork) but he’d take any chance to be out and about rather than stuck in a stuffy-ass office!

There was a file left on his desk—there were so many new recruits coming in one after another, and much as he wanted to keep up with all of them, well, he couldn’t be in two places at once now can he?

Giving the papers a quick read-over, he grinned—thank Arceus the training was going to be at the Fortree Ranger grounds—much more expansive for land maneuvers.

(And certainly he hoped his Gym Leader friend wouldn’t mind him visiting even for a little while.)

Rather than take the Air Metagross express, he decided to Teleport there instead. Much faster, too.

In no time flat he’d arrived at the training grounds, before spotting someone looking around—

“Kanoa, right?” he called out one he’d approached. “Sorry to keep you waiting.”

close tab

played by

Cuddles

She/Her
June 21
Hau'oli City
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skatealola
kanoa kaʻuhane
Training Daze [c]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 6:59:12 GMT
kanoa kaʻuhane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leaveme"]

[attr="class","text"]

Kanoa was very surprised at the sudden appearance of someone on the training grounds, whipping her head quickly toward them when they had called her name. It seemed to be someone who was rather important, or at least felt like in the moment, and her suspicions were confirmed the moment that the man gave his condolences. It was a bit weird to her, especially since she had only arrived there shortly before he did, so it was probably more like she was the one that kept him waiting. The ranger scratched the back of her neck, chuckling a bit moreso to herself than the man. “Oh it's alright dun’ worry about it! I was actually gon’ apologize myself since I just got here!”

[break][break]

She pulled out one of her pokeballs, rolling it around in her fingers while taking a gander at the training grounds around them. “So what do I have to do to be considered an official ranger? Should I battle ya or somethin’? Or is it some kinda savin’ a Meowth from a tree situation? Whatever ya got in mind I’m down for!” Kanoa threw the ball into the air, letting out her Rowlet Nalani. The little rascal simply plopped herself onto the Alolan girl’s cap, raising one of her wings as a greeting to the man. “Seems like she wants to be friendly today. Usually this one tends to give people the side-eye. Oh shoot, I’m supposed to greet ya!” The skater quickly held out her hand toward him, a little grin on her face as she did so: “Ya already know I’m Kanoa but it’s nice to meet’cha!”

[attr="class","note"]

TAGS :

[BREAK]

WORD COUNT : 283

[googlefont="Roboto"][googlefont="Oswald"][newclass=".leaveme"]width: 400px; padding: 15px 0px;border: solid 1px #888;box-shadow: 5px 10px 20px #dedede;background-color:#333;[/newclass][newclass=".leaveme .note"] padding:5px; color:#b57000; font-style:bold; letter-spacing:0.5px; font-family: 'Oswald', bold; font-size:13px;[/newclass][newclass=".leaveme .text"]padding:35px; color:#f2f2f2; text-align:justify; margin-top:10px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:0.25px; [/newclass][newclass=".leaveme .text b"]color:#b57000; font-size:14px; font-style:bold; letter-spacing:-0.2px[/newclass][newclass=".leaveme .text i"]color:#b57000; font-size:13px; font-style:italic;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Training Daze [c]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 17:38:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This one’s got pep, nice to have, he thought, remembering the first time he’d signed up for his own training back in Alto Mare, almost a decade ago now.

“Normally, Ranger-related situations involve survival skills, and helping those who’re trapped or stuck in the wilderness,” he began, before eyeing the Rowlet that appeared.

“Oh, hello there. I have the evolved version of your Rowlet,” he shared as he waved at the dual-type in greeting, remembering Lionel. Hmm, maybe it was time to bring some of his younger Pokémon along more often.

“What outdoor skills do you have? Coming from Alola, there’s got to be a lot they offer over there—considering the tropical climate and all.”

Things weren’t as black-and-white as saving pet Pokémon up in a tree or helping injured Pokémon out in the wilderness—there were lots of other factors to consider as well.

close tab

played by

Cuddles

She/Her
June 21
Hau'oli City
Bisexual
Ranger
Cadet
15 height
15 height
awards
19 posts
part of
TAG WITH @skatealola
kanoa kaʻuhane
Training Daze [c]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 7:28:17 GMT
kanoa kaʻuhane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","leaveme"]

[attr="class","text"]

Kanao put her hands on her hips almost matter-of-factly, with her eyes gleaming at the mention of survival skills and wilderness guidance. “Oh please, all that stuff is basically a necessity over in Alola! I may come from a city but the islands are still as wild as ever!” The girl couldn’t help but chuckle as she mentioned it, thinking of all the times that she had helped her dad on some of his fishing trips or even guided some of her cousins from neighboring towns and islands through some of the more treacherous terrain. “Lots of times me and my cousins would find ways to go through the islands without the ferry when we were about ten, so I’d say finding my way through the wilderness is pretty easy. Putting out fires, stopping fires, I’ve got a lot of experience with seaside problems too!”

[break][break]

Kanoa stopped herself for a moment, straightening her cap as she realized that she may have been a bit lax about the whole thing considering this was a serious gig she was trying to get into, at least some professionalism was probably expected right? Oh god was she supposed to wear a suit or dress? The thoughts raced through her mind as there was a bit of an awkward silence before the Rowlet batted the girl on the forehead with one of its wings, getting her attention. “Ah right, sorry about that. I started to ramble. You have a Decidueye? I haven’t seen too many of them in Alola before I left! That’s so cool!”

[attr="class","note"]

TAGS :

[BREAK]

WORD COUNT : 266