1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 16:38:50 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Okay Lars, you ready to get sleepy?" Zac grinned, bouncing the Jigglypuff ball in one hand. Zac was wearing his limited edition Lars and Articuno board shorts, and a Kyle Krush championship Alolan Shirt. "3v3, most points when the bell goes, or when one team is knocked out, is the winner!" 

Zac tossed the ball to Blastoise, who headbutted it high into the air. "Incoming!" Zac shouted, as the ball fell on to Lars' side. 

qR7SSQJS

Zac Points:
Lars Points:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 17:02:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“I am concerned that we’re using a Jigglypuff for this,” he said, looking over at the three companions he’d picked out.

Arthur, Styx, and Madoc. While the Beartic was a bit of a stretch, considering that it was a pure Ice-type and not part-Water, he had a feeling the ursine Pokémon was grateful for the chance to immerse into the (salty) water to cool down.

“But whatever, we’re already here!” he continued. As usual, he only had his cargo shorts on, which were now… pretty much soaked as they were waist-deep in the water. Well, for someone as tall as him it shouldn’t be a problem, but—

The Kingdra saw the incoming…pink orb and quickly threw out a Dragon Pulse at the ball, an attempt to bat it back towards the opposite side!

Wwp1p7zl
Zac: 0
Lars: 0

endeavor: compete in a 3v3 battle!

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 0:49:36 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Due to its dragon immunity, Jigglypuff was barely pushed over to Zac's side. Feraligatr moved to intercept. "Don't worry mate, this Jigglypuff is a professional. The crowd that runs the Pokemon Volleyball makes sure they're overlevelled, and fed a rich diet of Zinc and Iron. You couldn't damage it if you tried!" As if to demonstrate, the Jigglypuff opened its eyes mid air and stuck its tongue out at Lars. 

Feraligatr launched out of the water, using its powerful tail to propel itself high into the air. It slammed into the ball, ICY FANGS shattering sharply and sending the Jigglypuff hurtling back towards the other team.

5baUCCu1

Zac Points: 0
Lars Points: 0

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 2:46:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“See, I was exactly afraid of that!” he remarked as the pink “beach ball” turned to face him and stuck a tongue out at him.

“What if it has a marker pen?!” he added a few moments later as the pink orb came back to his side of the field; and this time the Beartic took a deep inhalation before exhaling a Frost Breath right back at it.

Looks like today was going to be a long one, if not even—

“I hate the sun,” he continued as he watched the pink orb fly back over the net.

kv0SHgED
Zac: 0

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 13:10:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"You hate the sun?" Zac asked, wondering how anyone could be against such a brilliant, shining feature. Hoenn was famous for it's sunshine! "It's bright, it's good for you, and without it we wouldn't have plants or seasons or life! What's not to love?" Zac didn't know how anyone could hate the sun. 

Tentacle blasted the incoming ball with a BUBBLE BEAM. The jet hit the Jigglypuff, sending it whizzing back towards Lars with some wicked top-spin. 

3zO4_w6A

Zac Points: 1

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 4:54:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Oh, come on, you’ve got to be kidding me,” he hissed once the ball came back and—initially it was headed for the Kingdra, however a last-second save by the Beartic meant that Madoc was the one who got knocked out of the running instead by the pink, Singing Jiggly-ball that had the guts to stick its tongue out once it was finished performing.

Hissing to himself for a few moments, this time the Feraligatr took action and aimed a Hydro Pump at the pink, snickering “ball”; an attempt to bat it back towards the opposite side.

“It’s too hot. Like, normally I hated it because of the intense heat, but now… you can take a good guess why I hate it even more,” he said with a sigh as he shoved his hair back.

Somewhere inside his mind, the deity hissed profanities.

vB2BDNBK
Zac: 1

endeavor cleared: get hit by a Sleep status move (Sing)!

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2021 1:43:28 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Good thing we're in the water then. Easy enough to cool off when you're at the beach!"

Lar's return came floating gently back over the net. Blastoise summoned a surging wave, and SURFED high above the net. At the peak of the wave, Blastoise jumped and spiked the shot onto Lars' side with a two-handed blow! Zac's team had lost enough volleyball matches today, and this time they weren't taking any chances! 

KtdzDfvu

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:12:53 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Seeing the Blastoise come in for a wide attack, he knew he was down one—but there was still maybe a chance he could turn this around.

“The deity just screamed another round of profanities at the sun, you know,” he said, casually mentioning the snarky voice who was now screeching all manner of ill-advised wording in the back of his head.

“Does yours like, ever talk? I asked ex-Councilman Silph about his, but he said very little,” he said as Styx the Kingdra moved in to smack the ball back towards the opposite side with a powerful Hydro Pump burst.

OmJ3MWyQ
Lars: 1

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:21:19 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

The HYDRO PUMPED Jigglypuff soared past Zac, bouncing across the water like a waterproof balloon. "Not much talking from Bulu," Zac said, as Tentacruel retrieved the ball. "Normally just snoring. I talked to Fernando and he said he had more of an 'empathic telepathy' than true conversation." 

"I think what Bulu and I have is the same. Only it's super tired all the time,"
Zac grinned, shrugged, and cheered Tentacruel on as the massive jellyfish served and batted the ball with its thick arms. "All the more reason to stay active, ay?"

Jigglypuff flew back over the net, and the sea creature opened its beak and let off a WATER PULSE as a parting shot

29mkoHtk

Lars Points: 1

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:26:03 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Lucky you, mine actively hates the sun!” he gestured as the Tentacruel on the opposite side of the field grabbed the ball and sent it back flying on their side of the field.

This time, Arthur was ready.

Cackling to himself, the Water-type then rose up from the water in an ‘epic, gigantic tidal wave’ and attempted to smash the pink Jiggly-ball back with a Chip Away attack.

“You don’t keep yours confined in a Pokéball, right? Mine hates being subjected to such a tiny little space,” he said, blocking out the next round of internal screaming he was on the receiving end of at that moment.

“I have such a chatty deity.”

|RhWFICV
Lars: 1

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:31:41 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"Huh? Oh I've never even tried! I didn't know avatars even did that! Seems kinda weird," Zac said, as the 'epic, gigantic tidal wave' built on Lars' side. 

"Natsuki! Counter that!" Zac called, not wanting to drown just yet. As Tentacruel moved to the net to play goalie, the alligator whirled in a tight spiral, summoning up a 'huge, absolutely bananas, big-ass tsunami' that would '100%' make Lars' tidal wave look like low tide at the kiddie pool. 

1lWsmVVT

Lars Points: 1

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:37:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Well, I asked mine and they vehemently said ‘no’ when I offered… so we ended up reaching the agreement that they can lounge around the lowest level of Shoal Cave,” he said with a chuckle as the ‘huge, absolutely bananas, big-ass tsunami’ came crashing down on his side of the net—

And his own Feraligatr let out a guffaw. What teeny kind of a wave was that?!

“I mean, it’s the only legitimate place that’s even barely cold enough for them to stay without melting into a puddle! Especially now!” he exclaimed as the Feraligatr took aim with his own Hydro Pump this time, hoping to swat the pink Jiggly-ball back to the opposite side of the court.

o05hai3z
Lars: 2

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:48:26 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"I don't see how something like that could ever remain inside a Pokeball," Zac said, nodding. "I'm surprised that Articuno even stays in a cave. You should ask them why they aren't off in some mountains, enjoying a proper peak for a change."

Finally one of them hit a solid shot. Tentacruel had been waiting at the net, and the solid HYDRO PUMP shot bopped him on the head before falling into the water. Tentacruel reached for the ball, but staggered. The kraken collapsed into the ocean, fast asleep. "Been spending too much time around Bulu!" Zac joked, as he retrieved the ball. "Okay. My serve then. Heads up!" He shouted, hurling the ball high. As he did, Blastoise surged out of the water underneath Natsuki, usurping the alligator. Meg at least knew how to SURF, and she brought that skill and power to bare, raising a 'ridonkulous, pants-on-head, much bigger than both Feraligatrs' attempts, Giganta-wave'.  

we_42Jgf

Lars Points: 2

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 15:54:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“If it works for them, then I’m not going to question their choice,” he said with a grin as this time the Blastoise on the other side of the court rose up to the occasion—

This time, both the Kingdra and his Feraligatr gave the Blastoise the ‘are you kidding me’ look when the ‘ridonkulous, pants-on-head, much bigger than both Feraligatrs' attempts, Giganta-wave’ came coasting across the net.

And Styx was the one to answer this time, with his own Brine-fueled attack that was ‘absolutely sure to rend the sea in a single blow so worthy the seafloor would be exposed for all to see’ back to the other side.

“If I let them go to a mountain, then they’d end up being too far away when I really do need their help… you never know what’s going to happen around here, right?”

p0nbnvah
Lars: 2

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac vs Lars [HstarT]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 16:11:47 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

"True true. As long as they're happy, ay?" Zac said, agreeing with Lars.

Truly this back and forth was a battle for the ages. Both teams had launched some good shots, and slapped some strong waves. But it was time to kick it into high gear. Uh, boat gear. 

Zac backed up. "Okay you two, just like we practiced." Meg and Natsuki nodded, taking places either side of Zac. Then, they started to swim. Meg raised a swell, low and powerful. Natsuki copied the Blastoise, MIMICING her SURF so that the two of them formed a double-barrelled wave that slowly picked up speed. Zac let himself be carried along between the waves, the Jigglypuff held in his giant hands.

"Pick it up now. Higher! Faster!" Zac called, and his Pokemon obliged. The waves pulled out of the water, and started to mingle, carrying Zac like he was in the palm of a giant, swirling hand. "More height! We're almost there!" Zac shouted, his voice barrely audible above the crashing of the waves. Natsuki and Meg swam together in earnest now, forcing their combined team attack out of the water, where it surged towards the net in a vortex of terror.

This wasn't a wave. It wasn't a whirlpool. It was a perfectly coordinated, precision delivered, finishing move. 

The attack carried Zac up and over the net, and he hurled the Jigglypuff down at Lars' team with both hands in what was surely an extremely illegal move, grinning all the while.

"RAM DUNK!"

GaAJj1RM

Lars Points: 2