[attr="class","displaypkmn9"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn10"]

[attr="class","displayscreen1"]

[attr="class","displaycolor1"]

[attr="class","displayborderg"]

[attr="class","displayflowers"]

[attr="class","displaytitle"]Ramsay's Rippers

[attr="class","displaytext"]

Howzit goin' Rippers! Welcome to a little side project I like to call 'Zac's Exhibit'! [break][break]

It's a litle place to show off all my buddies, and give you a bit of a spiel about what makes them the best bloody partners in the world.[break][break]

it's gonna be a bit informal, though I'm sure you're all used to that by now, so no worries if things go off the rails, 'ay?[break][break]

[attr="class","displaydevice3"]

[attr="class","displayborder"]

[attr="class","displaybox5"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn1"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn2"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn3"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn4"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn5"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn6"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn7"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn8"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn9"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn10"]

[attr="class","displayscreen6"]

[attr="class","displaycolor6"]

[attr="class","displayborderg"]

[attr="class","displayflowers"]

[attr="class","displaytitle"]Night Sky

[attr="class","displaytext"]

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 13:13:15 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

Zac's Exhibit
Zac's House| Zappa!

THEME

Zac turned on the camera, and sent out Zappa. 
It was evening, and the glow of the little lizard bloomed in the gloom, suffusing the garden in saffron light. 

"Welcome you late-night Rippers! This is the seminal session of Zac's Exhibits: Zappa! Haha, try saying that three times fast!"
Zac turned to point at the Heliolisk, who was snapping at little insects flying too close to his alluring light. 

"Zappa has been my right hand 'mon for..." Zac trailed off, counting. "Well, since both of us were little anklebiters, i'll tell you that much. Mum found him out back chewing on the wires of the mower, and once she gave him some batteries to chomp on instead he was hers to command." he laughed.

"Growing up, he was definitely the favorite child. never forgot to do his homework, rarely talked back, didn't burn things in the kitchen, and he kept the electricity bills nice and low too."
Zappa's glow disappeared, and the garden was thrown into darkness before the light came roaring back in a single bolt of golden electricity that shattered the sky and struck out across the trees at something only Zappa had seen. 

"Nice shot Zappa!" Zac said, smiling proudly. "At night my may be a master sharpshooter, but by day he's the head of stage lightning, sorry, stage lighting, for the whole of Ramsay Productions! Can you believe it?"
Zac turned back to see that Zappa was now clewing on his own foot. 
 "Yeah...me neither sometimes."

"Well, i'll leave this thing running and you can watch him mess around in the garden for a little. Hey! I think I see something chewing on my tamato berries...it better not be that blasted Chansey again! Get 'im Zappa!"

BZZZZZZZZZZT!

NOTES:
TAG: 

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 14:46:42 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| heatran

MUSIC

Zac pulled the scorched ball from his bag, holding it gingerly as if he expected it to be boiling hot. It wasn't. He was in the backyard, standing in front of a tremendous hole that Steelix had just finished digging. The excess dirt from the excavation had been piled up to form a barrier around the edge of the pit. The last thing he needed was anyone seeing, let alone falling in.
    He looked around, making sure Ms. Nakamura hadn't decided to pop over unannounced. He had thought that living a half-hour from Lavaridge would be enough to dissuade most people from visiting, but such is the life of a local celebrity. 
    "Okay Helen", he called to the Camerupt on the far side. "Start fillin' 'er up!"
    Helen grumbled in assent, and twin spouts of lava dribbled down her side and into the hole. It was slow going, and the heat made Zac lightheaded. He took a few steps back. "Okay. Now I know we don't super get along Zag, but I'm gonna ask you again not to cause a scene, alright?" 

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 16:55:00 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| heatran

MUSIC

He opened the ball at the edge of the pit, and Heatran tumbled into the lava. Her body was limp, and semi-molten, leaking congealed, sizzling goo. She slid the last few feet down the side and sunk under the surface of the bubbling, crimson pool.
    Zac squinted over the edge, watching for signs of life. Was she going to be okay? During the adventour she had been hit by two of the four Explosions, and Zac hadn't been able to take her to a Pokemon Centre. What would he say? "I blew up this legendary...thing...please help me?" Besides, if it woke up during the healing then...well, Zac didn't feel like being responsible for another fire. 
    The last time this thing had been conscious, it had tried to melt Zac and his companions. Unconscious it was kinda cute. It was like a big, metal toad! All dripping with magma, it reminded Zac of Mt. Chimney! The group had been digging under Meteor Falls after all. Maybe they had travelled that far underground?

In the pool, something stirred.

"Okay Helen, you can stop now." The Camerupt stopped her volcanic flow, and trudged away from the pool to chew on some thick shrubbery nearby.

Zac watched the lava. 

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 14:58:30 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| heatran

MUSIC

The lava bulged, sliding off Heatran's head in thick globs as the creature surfaced. Magma bubbled around Zagrea's mouth as she stared up at Zac with one eye closed. "Are you, uh, feeling better?" 
    It was a dumb question, but anything was better than weathering that pained look in silence. Zagrea sunk under the surface, and Zac sighed. "I'm sorry. We weren't trying to destroy your home or anything. We were just, uh..."
Looking for treasure?
Blowing up walls for the fun of it?
On a journey to the center of the earth?

Zac's rubbed his forehead, before combing his hair back with hard fingers. "Can I make it up to you? I've been working on a super-spicy nikujaga..." Zac waited, but Zagrea didn't resurface. The lava was cooling into gritty plates that bumped together as the legendary Pokemon moved about underneath. 
    "Okay Helen, pour on some more," Zac said. Camerupt spurted flames and liquid rock, spilling fresh waves of volcanic goo down into the pool. Zac sat back. He could wait.

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 15:58:33 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| heatran

MUSIC

Zac leaned back in the lawn chair at the edge of the pit, and wished for the stars. His backyard was washed with the ruddy red light of cooling magma, but pinpricks of light overhead cut through the glow. 
    "The edge of space is just 100km away," he said, to nobody in particular. Zappa stirred at the edge of the pit. The lizard was used to Zac's rambling. "That's nothing, right? Mt Chimney is almost 2km tall. It's an easy few hours to hike up that thing. If there was a way straight up to the stars, you could reach them in a few days just by walking!"
    The stars gleamed, just out of reach.
He could still feel the weightlessness across his body. That floating, freeform motion. It had been sickening at the time, but the more Zac thought back on that unplanned trip into the unknown, the more he yearned for pure, untamed freedom.
    "Giratina might be up there," he said, justifying his insanity. "After all, there's only one place I know with zero gravity."
    The dark void above him beckoned. Promising terrible, beautiful, freedom.
     "Just one place. And I'm bloody looking at it."  

NOTES:
TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 1:30:06 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| Heatran?

MUSIC

Heatran sat happily next to Zac, it's face less glorpy than usual. Zac frowned, one hand on his chin as he inspected it. "Hmmm, not bad. Not bad at all."     
    One of Heatran's legs fell off. "Ah! Come on! You need to hold it together better than that!" Zac said. The 'Heatran' dissolved into a pile of pink goo and smiled up at him. He couldn't help but grin back at the little Ditto. "Great work though Sudo. That was," Zac checked his watch, "almost three minutes!"
    Nearby, the real Zagrea lay half out of her lava pit. Her steel face warped, melting from her own internal heat before reforming in an endless cycle. It was like watching a lava lamp.  
    "See that Zag? No worries if you want to lie around in that puddle all day. I've got Sudo." Zagrea glared at the pink blob, which smile back in extant banality. "So you just nap, ay? I'll be bringing her to the festival."
    Zagrea looked between Zac and Ditto. Her owner and her...replacement? Zac reached into the pocket of his Golden Explorer's Jacket and pulled out some RNAcorns, little pressed, nutty balls of extra genetic material. Making full eye contact with Zagrea he threw one of the threats to Sudo. 
    Heatran made a warning sound like bubbling lead. "Oh? Did you want a treat?" Zac asked, pulling out another bag. This one was hefty and made of brown paper. It had the logo of the Lavaridge Home and Hardware Center on it.
    Zagrea stepped closer.
    Zac moved back and jangled the bag. Whatever was inside shifted and clinked.
    Zagrea took another step, bringing her steaming body fully out of the pit. "Wonderful!" Zac crowed, and he threw her a handful of nuts and bolts. She licked them up, the thick metal melting like candy on her sizzling tongue. "That's the way! Maybe I can bring you to the festival too."

NOTES: Take. On. Me.
Take on me
TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2021 15:45:04 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| Kev the Steelix

MUSIC

Zac dumped the pile of scrap metal into the hole. "How are you feeling today Kev?" he called, voice echoing down into the pit. There was a scraping, grumbling groan from inside. "I'm picking up more of that corrugated iron you like later," Zac said, trying to put a positive spin on his Steelix's recovery food.
    During the recent clash with Rocket Kev had emerged right underneath a hearth powered by magical fire. The collision had set off an immense explosion of origin flame that had seared the metal from his body. Kev had fled underground, along with 's Lopunny Creams. 
    Zac had returned home one Pokemon short.
    And a week later Kev had emerged in Zac's backyard, having burrowed his way home from the workshop near route 113. The great serpent was scorched, and his iron was patchy and melted from the fire. 
    "You did good mate," Zac assured the Steelix, for what must have been the hundredth time. "You followed the signal. I couldn't have asked for more!" 
    Steelix's grumble shook the tunnel. 
"You did great! You broke up the fight between me and , you saved Creams, and you knocked some sense into me!"
    Steelix let out a dull roar, muffled by a mouthful of metal. 
"I'm fine! Don't worry about me, really," Zac said, scratching absentmindedly at the splatters of gold fabric that were still fused to his skin. He'd healed himself a dozen times so far, trying to no avail to get rid of  the molten globs. The fabric would be a part of him until it worked itself free naturally.
    "I've got a little present for you..." Zac said, pulling out an Abrazon package that had just been delivered that morning. He tore into it loudly, making sure that the clanking of the item inside could be clearly heard deep in the tunnel. "Had it express shipped over from Rustbobo. Whoa boy it's heavy!" 
    Kev ground a little bit closer. 
"The Devon corporation folded, and they were having an estate sale to pay back investors. I picked up a little something for you."
    A jut-jawed head appeared around the tunnel bend. The steel was thin in some places, but the shape was mostly back to normal. "Gotta do something with that AQUA money ay?" Zac yanked off the last of the packaging, revealing a double-cylinder of exotic looking metals. "Oooo it's much shinier in person. Here you are mate!" Zac tossed the glinting treat down the tunnel. It rolled strangely off the curved walls and down into the darkness. 
    There was a sound like a steam train collapsing in on itself in slow motion as Steelix consumed the prize with its chunky molars. He grumbled, and ground back down the tunnel. "That good ay?" Zac asked, quirking a smile at the retreating serpent. "You rest up then and I'll be back tomorrow, yeah?"

NOTES: Heavy Metal Healthcare

TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2021 1:26:59 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| Kev and Creams

MUSIC

Zac awoke to the sound of clattering metal coming from the kitchen "Get outta there Creams! You better not be taking my bloody spoons!" 
    The clattering stopped for a moment, before resuming with increased fervor. Zac sighed, head sinking further into the cotton pillow that had gone to seed in the night. I need to switch to Ducklet feather. 
    He could hear the bed creaking around him, the wooden frame waking with him. The ancient oak breathed and stretched, warping slowly as it bent into new and uncomfortable shapes. Need a new bed too. Zac rolled out of his bed, breaking the vines that had curled around his legs. He strode down the hallway, the wooden floorboards warping underfoot with each step. Thick ferns drooped from the growing holes in the ceiling, pushing aside the ancestral shingles and casting bright April sunlight into the corners where wild milkwort had started to bloom. 
    "Creams," Zac said, already tired, "please leave my cutlery alone. Kev is fine. I gave him lots of metal yesterday, and there's a big pile of scrap in the backyard." The clanging in the kitchen shifted, becoming more frantic, and Zac entered just in time to see a flash of pink and brown fur disappear out the door. The kitchen had been ransacked. Drawers had been left half-open, the cupboards had been pilfered, and it looked like the helpful rabbit had even tried to pull off the metal door to Zac's deep freezer. 
    Zac looked around for breakfast, picking up a ceramic bowl from underneath the overturned drying rack. The food cupboards were untouched, and he grabbed a box of berry and oat flakes. Now, the hard part, he thought, looking around the disastrous kitchen. Where did I hide the emergency spoons?
    Creams had been thorough, and most of Zac's hidden cutlery was gone. The spoons taped to the back of the fridge, and forks in the salad, even the knives that Zac had dropped into the kettle were gone! Creams had also taken the kettle. 
    Where else did I... with a growing smile, Zac walked over to the pantry. Inside were various sacks and paper bags of Pokemon food. The largest one was labelled 'KEV'. Zac unfolded the crimped paper top and reached inside. It was full of metal. Screws, washers, and wingnuts, everything a growing Steelix needs. Zac felt around in the scratchy mess, and right at the bottom he felt it. Something long and smooth. YES.
    He pulled out his prize: a fork.
Zac's face fell a little. "Eh, I'll make it work."  

NOTES: Keams Forever

TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2021 16:38:14 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| Tapu Bulu

MUSIC

CRACK hisssssss
Zac chugged the whole bottle of Charja-cola, not caring that it was warm. In fact, it made it easier to drink. It's bloody 2:40! The sun's out, why am I so damn sleepy!
    The answer was, unfortunately, simple.
    Tapu Bulu.
Since Zac had become avatar he had been snoozing, napping, sleeping in and just generally lazing around. Zac wasn't even sure where the legendary was now. He could feel Bulu though. Always. Being an avatar was a bit like discovering you had always had a tail. One day you realize you can just flex this whole new part of you. Only flexing it calls in a Legendary Pokemon. 
    Oh, and sometimes it flexes on its own and destroys your hardwood floor. 
   "Bulu, we need to talk!" Zac shouted, as he wandered out into his overgrown garden. He'd only trimmed it two days ago, but as well as his immediate and constant Grassy Terrain, Zac's avatar powers promoted lush and somewhat excessive verdure all through his property. Anywhere he considered home was now thick with tropical foliage. Zac frowned at a palm tree that was poking out of his shed. He shrugged. Nothing wrong with a bit of Alolan flair, I guess.
    "Bulu! I know you're around."
There was movement in the forest, as something large approached. Bulu was a little smaller than Zac, but the way the world warped around him...it was like a Wailord, or a force of, well, nature. Trees bent and dense shrubs parted as the black bull approached. He looked nonplussed, as if he had been heading this way anyway. "We've gotta do something about this sleeping. You and me," Zac said. "It's not enough to just be sleeping all the time." 
    Bulu laid down in the grass, which grew prodigiously under his bulk, growing and dying in waves of fountaining blades. "Your laziness is rubbing off on me, mate, and we can't both just sleep the world away, yeah? If you want me to be the face of Bulu, then we've got to reach some sort of compromise."

NOTES: Part 1/3

TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2021 2:24:22 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| Tapu Bulu

MUSIC

The black bull looked over at Zac. It lay in a patch of sunlit grass, eyes slowly closing. "Oi! We've gotta sort this out mate. No napping. Wake up!" Zac said, walking over to stand in front of Tapu Bulu. Zac was almost 7 feet of cola-charged frustration, and he completely blocked the sunbeam that Bulu had been lying in. The legendary looked up at Zac and snorted. "I can't work like this. I'm falling asleep on missions, and now the house is bloody ruined! How am I supposed to get anything done when I'm snoozing in sunbeams all day!"
    Bulu closed its eyes.
"Hey! This isn't a one-man band mate. Do something!"
    There was a great creaking, cracking of wood and Zac turned to see two great pine trees bend out of the way to reveal a thick slice of sunlight. The beam lit Zac from behind like a spotlight. "It's gonna take a bit more than dramatic lighting, mate." 
    Bulu lazily shook one of his belled hands, filling the air with a single, sonorous chime. The ground swelled underneath Tapu Bulu, throbbing and surging with dense greenery. The pile of grasses and woody vines that he had been lying on wound together, pushing Bulu's reclining form upwards. Up, up, out of Zac's shadow so that the legendary was once again bathed in rich Spring sunlight. Tapu Bulu let out a long, slow breath, before drawing in a rattling snore, as if he was already asleep.
    "You can't be bloody serious mate," Zac said, shaking his head. Bulu made no effort to reply, and after a minute of watching the sleeping legendary and planning his next move, Zac headed back to the house. 
    "More like Tapu Bullsh-"   

NOTES: Part 2/3

TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 3:31:21 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| Nyx

MUSIC

"Nyx! Use Dazzling Gleam!" Zac said, pointing at the Salamence that was squatting on his shed. Was it the same one that had been menacing 's garden all those months ago? Nyx's pendulum started to shudder and spin, and a cloud of sharpened glitter sprayed the dragon. 
    Grumbling like an old man pushed from his rocker, the Salamence took flight, its faded wings beating at the air as it hefted its fat belly into the sky. 
    Zac looked at what was left of the shed and frowned. The roof was warped, a palm tree poked out of one of the corners, and walls sagged with the weight of clinging vines. It was a textbook example of urban reclamation.
    What am I gonna do?  Zac wondered, checking out the rest of his property. It was all the same. The shed, the exterior garage, and even his single-story house were quickly becoming buried under the dense and unnatural foliage. Is this a battle I can win? Is it even worth fighting? 

NOTES: 

TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON May 4, 2021 15:10:40 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

ZAC

exhibits
backyard| Tapu Bulu

MUSIC

Zac returned with his pillow. He crossed the garden to Tapu Bulu's sunlit mound and climbed up to vine-clotted side. Without a word to the lazy legendary he threw down the overgrown pillow and lay down beside it. From above they must have looked strange. A black bull and a red giant laying in a pedestal of grass and flowers.  
    "My Nana is from Alola, did ya know that?" Zac asked. His temper had cooled, but there was a note of curious annoyance in his voice. "She told me about an forest spirit. A bull as unstoppable as a falling pine. A creature that carved fresh paths through the islands, rejuvenating the forest, clearing the dead and bringing life and strength." Zac turned to look at the bull. Bulu rumbled. The sound started down its belly, shaking the black bull like an approaching eruption. Its eyes were open now, and Zac stared straight into the ancient pupils. "Maybe she was talking about a different Pokemon."
    Its bells rattled, discordant, and it pulled itself up. Zac rose with it, still meeting its eyes. The rumbling inside Tapu Bulu grew, and Zac had a sudden worrying feeling that a fissure was about to open below them and swallow their clash, grassy hill and all. 
    Hold your ground Zac, just like at the festival. Zac felt the edge of the pedestal at his heels, but instead of jumping down he pulled himself up to his full height. Heart pounding he stood over the shuddering legendary. "Was she talking about you? Is there any power left in you to prove it?" Zac asked hotly. He felt himself start to shake as adrenaline poured through his body. He was facing down a legendary. A creature that did have tremendous power. If I can just push him to use some of it instead of just sleeping and expecting me to do everything without him.
    "We're a TEAM mate, aren't we?!" Zac shouted at the bull.  "Give me something! Something I can use! I thought you were going to help me heal Hoenn but right now all you're doing is slowing me down and ruining my house!"
    The rumbling in Bulu's chest reached a crescendo and the bull raised it head to the sky. Zac covered his ears, expecting a roar of anger, but instead the noise that escaped Bulu's mouth was long and mournful.
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Bellowed Bulu, and the force of the call pushed Zac off the grassy pedestal. He landed on his back in the thick grass, and was looking straight up at the sky as dense white clouds rolled in. Those aren't normal clouds, Zac thought, as they swirled above. Instead of looking thick and fluffy like midday clouds should, these too-white clouds looked plump and twisted. They swarmed above like a tangle of great pale vines. 
   Zac watched the clouds writhed for a few seconds more before the first drop landed on his face. Rain? He wondered, but it didn't smell like rain. It was a familiar smell. Something that Zac should have known but couldn't place right away due to sheer dissonance. Zac sat up as the rain thickened to a pale drizzle. Is that... He stuck out his tongue, letting the liquid pool in his mouth. 
    Milk?    

NOTES: Part 3/3

TAG:

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
Zac's Exhibits
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 8:34:52 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar
[attr="class","zac"]
This post uses some of the Language of Flowers. Hover over the names of the flowers to show their deeper meaning. 

Zac jumped down from the boat, bare feet splashing in the shallows. "Thanks for the ride, Dev!"

"No sweat Zac"
said his trusty cameraman, tossing his bags down onto the hot Alolan sand. "The missus and I were nearby anyway. Extended honeymoon," he said, grinning. "When did you want me to come pick you up?"

"When? Uh, not quite sure. I've got some stuff to sort out. I'll email ya', yeah?"

"You can just text me Zac. Or call, even."

"Yeah sure! If you'd prefer. I've got texting under wraps now anyway. I use Emolgas and everything."

The cameraman laughed. "I'm sure you do. Okay well you know how to reach me. See you later Feraligatr!"

"Hey! That's my line!" Zac said, grinning as Dev backed the boat out into the bay, before speeding off out into the great blue.

Zac grabbed his bags and headed up the sand.

At the top of the beach was a wall of jungle plants. Fronds on ferns on vines on grasses, massed and matted into a woven wall that prevented further passage. As Zac approached the plant life shifted, pulling back to make a path deeper into the unknown. He paused, at the threshold of a new adventure.

Something was different about this trip. It didn't feel like his usual missions. There would be no vlog of this one on his website. "Enough standing around, ay?" He said, yet struggled to take the last step. He thought about why he was here, about who had called him here. "This one's been a long time coming."

Zac stepped forward, and the greenery swallowed him whole.

"What people don't realize about the rainforest," Zac said, "is that it's really multiple biomes. We're on the forest floor now, and this is where a huge amount of leaves and leavings gather. A huge amount to eat, and the most easily accessible layer, right?"

Tapu Bulu snorted, and Zac was reminded of . She'd have some witty retort though, probably asking if I was just describing myself. He smiled.

As usual, Zac hadn't brought the black bull with him. Tapu Bulu had just appeared, tromping through the jungle, bell ringing in harsh tones that seemed to suit the mood perfectly. There was a clarity to the chimes that helped Zac to think.

"Yeah, and then above that you've got the understory, which is where all the vines and inner parts of the trees tangle together, and then the canopy above that, which is where the tops of most of the trees form that 'sea of green' you can see from the air. Above that is the emergent layer. That's mainly Exeggutor."

Tapu Bulu showed no interest, or indication of learning. "All that's probably just talk to you, right?" Zac asked. "Jungle's the jungle. It's all the same to you."

Bulu jangled onwards, and they crossed a trickling river, taking a curved path that sprung up with flowers. Clusters of purple Heliotropes pushed up through the leaf litter, and and Carnations bloomed in ruffled masses as the bases of the massive trees. Zac knew he was missing something here, but could still feel the steady growth of power. Of life, swelling up from the land itself.

"This is the most lively I've ever seen you," Zac said. "Maybe you just needed that long nap in the tree, ay?"

The forest floor sloped downward, leading the pair down into a basin filled with chunks of carved stone. Above them stretched a shattered stone arch, some relic of an age long passes. Zac took a moment, inspecting one of them. It was overgrown with Thyme and Chamomile. The foreign flowers stood out against the faded stone, and again Zac felt like he was missing something.

"This stuff's bloody ancient! What a find!" he said, snapping a few pics, but there was no reception here. No way to upload them to anything. "I'll show these to later. He'll get a kick outta these." Zac took a photo of Bulu, who was swaying restlessly. "Shoe's on the other foot now, isn't it," he chuckled. "I waited on you for a bloody year, you can let me take some-" Bulu butted Zac gently, pushing him onwards. "Yeah yeah, okay."

The feeling of power grew as they pushed further into the ruins. This was a place of death. Of endings. But also of life, raw and wild.

Bulu stopped beside a tree, head tilted as if listening to something. "What is it?" Zac asked, but the creature was still. "Time for a rest? I don't feel tired, but if you need some time-"

Bulu ROARED! The deep, resonant bellow shook the leaves from the trees and made Zac's stomach jump. He covered his ears as the call continued, mixing with the harsh clang of Bulu's bell. He tried calling out, but the sound was lost in the din.

Bulu stopped.

"What the hell was that, mate?! Coulda given me some warning!" Zac said, blinking and rubbing his ears. "Might have a bit of damage after that."

ding ding

Bulu turned, and Zac followed their gaze. He couldn't hear it, but there was a small ringing coming from the jungle.

ding ding

"What? All that bloody noise attracted something?" He smiled, amused by the idea of some local fauna trying to challenge Bulu. "No problem, ay? You mess with the bull you get the-"

A small, red Tapu Bulu pushed through the vines, its miniature bell ringing clearly.

"-baby..." Zac said, trailing off.

Mama and baby Bulu met in a clank of wood and metal, the pair finally reunited after an age apart. Zac looked on in awe as wave after wave of Honeysuckle and Magnolia bloomed around the pair, almost covering them in the fragrant flowers. They looked mismatched, burnt black and fresh red, though Zac was never surer of anything in his life: they were mother and child.

Mama Bulu nuzzled her calf, and the clanging of their bells made a sweet harmony.

Zac felt like a bloody idiot.

"I've been keeping you two apart," he said out loud. "I should have bloody realized." It all made sense now. The exhaustion, the lack of power, the milk.

This whole time the signs of a new mother had been right in front of him and he'd just taken them as parts of who Bulu was. In a way, he'd been right, but he'd missed the forest for the trees.

"I'm sorry ma-, uh, Mama," Zac said, moving closer to the pair. When the pair made no move to leave he joined them, wrapping his big arms around the reunited family. "Cute little bub ya got here," he said to Bulu. She clanged, and the Baby Bulu cried hungrily.

Zac felt a tug. Not at his body but at something deeper. His powers. The slice of life he'd been gifted by Tapu Bulu. He took a deep breath, and pressed his hand against her dark wood.

Green light burst at the seam between them, dripping out in bouquets of White Clover and Butterfly Weed. The flowers pooled at Zac's feet, and storm clouds gathered overheard.

He let go, feeling drained, but strangely energized, like the powers had weighed him down as much as they'd propped him up. "Now you can give your all, ay?" He said, nodding at the hungry red Baby Bulu.

Mama Bulu clanged, and Zac felt the drop in pressure, followed by the first drips of the milky rain. "I'll leave you two to it, yeah?" he said, feeling like the worst largest third wheel. "Thanks for everything Bulu. I'll be hanging around on the island for a bit, so if you want to come visit you know where to find me."

Bulu let out a snort, which Zac took as confirmation. Baby Bulu butted into their Mama, and the drops strengthened into a shower. Milk pattered against the leaves, the canopy layer, slowly filtering down.

Zac wiped his face. He wasn't crying. There was just milk in his eyes.

As he took the tangled path back to the ruins he turned around one last time to see the mother and child watching him go. "See you later Feraligatr!" he called, smile as wide as it had ever been. The pair clanged, and Zac left them, reunited at last.

He trekked back towards the beach, not worried about directions. The forest would lead him where he needed to go.

And if it didn't?

Well, that was just a new adventure.