awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 1:44:18 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar was really looking forward to this next match. He had met not too long ago on Mt. Pyre, investing in his efforts to revitalize the rapidly aging burial site. He had not expected to see him so soon, especially in a battle tournament. Honestly it made him a bit excited, Oscar had a soft spot for seeing how those he wouldn't normally consider competitive trainers actually fought.

Oscar greeted his friendly acquaintance, "Morning there! You ready to fuckin' go? I'm not gonna hold back just because I like you." Oscar grinned, folding his arms as he invited Sam to decide what sort of battle this would be.
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 12:48:24 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"Good morning Mr. Clayton."

Sam greeted Oscar before holding out his hand to shake, his usual greeting. The fact that they were going to be engaged in battle wasn't much of a bother one way or the other to Sam. He'd learned to grow a bit more fond of the idea of battling, mostly because of the positive battle experiences he'd managed thus far.

"I would prefer you didn't hold back. I'm bound to lose this battle either way. Imagine the humiliation I would undergo if you weren't holding back and I lost."

Whether or not Oscar catches that he means this as a joke or not is really Oscar's call, but, he does mean it in jest. His tone's just so flat and void that who really can tell anymore other than his mother? And even then, she's always a little at a loss with hsi humor.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 4:04:28 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar smiled, completing the handshake with a firm grip. He nodded kindly as the handshake ran it's course, "I'll be sure not to disappoint." He chuckled as he turned away, taking his place upon the arena. 

Oscar took a pokeball off of his belt and opened it, blinking as a red flash blurred his vision. The flash faded, and on his side of the arena stood his champion of choice. Before him stood the very chandelure that helped revitalize Mt. Pyre's grave flora. The orange colored Zule shuddered as he looked around, resting her ethereal eyes upon the familiar Sam. She made what seemed to be a sound of joy, waving her flames in greeting. 

Oscar folded his arms, "I assume you remember Zule. I think it would be more than fitting for her to represent me in this fight." Oscar watched Sam carefully, waiting for him to bring out a champion of his own.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 13:39:03 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Seeing Zule had Sam's eyes lighting up a little bit. Oscar was one of the few people, ironically, that Sam could let his guard down around. He wasn't entirely sure why either. Even at Mt. Pyre. Maybe it was because when Sam had tried to make his speech, Oscar had been the one to commend him on doing a good job.

Sam hates public speaking.

Getting to battle Oscar in the tournament, and to see that ever helpful chandelure again with the beautiful coloring, it has Sam a bit more excited about the fight.

"I'll showcase my own memorable pokémon, then."

It wouldn't be giving him a type advantage, but disadvantage instead. But at the same time, he didn't mind. So he pulled out a heavy ball and released what was once a small little beldum pulling a cart; his metagross.

The churning of metal rang through the stage, four giant taloned feet landing on the ground. The mouth of this beast opened, a metallic whine ringing out as a roar.

"It's grown quite a bit since you last saw it."

// Sam sent out METAGROSS
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 18:36:45 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar tilted his head as the Metagross emerged. "Well I'll be damned, what's up little guy?" Oscar half expected the beldum to stay in its base form, he was impressed to see it fully grown. He was even more impressed to see Sam raise such a powerful looking pokemon, he was surely not to be underestimated despite his claims. Oscar grinned with anticipative glee, this should be an interesting fight.

Oscar raised his hand, "I'll take the liberty of making the first move if you don't mind. Zule--go all out. Hold nothing back!" Zule seemlessly shifted into a serious stance, her eyes fully ablaze with ferocious determination. The tips of her flames split from her body, forming into small glowing orbs that spun around her. After a moment of pause, the orbs fired toward the metagross at startling speeds.

If they were to hit the metagross would not feel any immediate pain, but rather a slow burn that would sap its energy over time (Will-O-Wisp).

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 2:23:50 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Those spiraling bits of fire were all too familiar to Sam. He knew a will-o-wisp when he saw one. So, he took a deep breath and prepared himself for the worst. His metagross was, in fact, now burned. That'd be fine. Metagross wouldn't last a full fire assault from that chandelure, so he'd take that opening while he could get it.

"Meteor mash."

That way, metagross wouldn't have to get terribly close.

With a glow, the earth around the chandelure would raise. With the magnetism of the metagross and the psychic energies collected, the ground became makeshift meteors which the metagross crashed into the chandelure to execute the command, a METEOR MASH.

"We won't be holding back either, Oscar."
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 17:48:21 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The ground began to rise around Zule, and she reacted quickly as her opponent's assault began. She managed to dodge the first few, swaying back and forth with unnatural grace. The last one however hit true, smashing against her left 'arms' and sending her spinning backward. As she spun, smoke began to billow from the top of her head and spread throughout the arena.

The thick Smog layered itself heavily between her and the metagross, giving her some much needed space to recover from the blow. As Oscar accidentally inhaled a chunk of smoke, he would cough heavily into his arm.

"Maybe too much Zule. Tone it down a bit? Zule?

Zule did not respond, she was already planning her next move against her powerful opponent.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 16:19:43 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the way that ghost swayed out of view had sam furrowing his brows. he wasn't sure what that thing had planned, but he knew it wouldn't be good.

the smog forming had sam raising his shirt up to block his nose, mostly out of habit. he'd dealt with a lot of smokescreens and smogs in his day during the war.

that made him sound like an eighty year old man, it's fine.

sam could see that the burn was also beginning to take its toll on the metagross' body, causing a metallic sizzle to partner with the magnetic grind.

"seek it out, confuse it before it has a chance to land a hit."

metagross' eyes began to glow then. a wave of psychic energy was sent out to swirl and mix that smog around, in an attempt to cause CONFUSION.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:19:54 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The Metagross began to swirl the smog with its psychic power, no doubt looking to smash Zule as she hid. Zule didn't mind, someone had to clear this stuff out so everyone could see again. She probably would have been trampled under her opponent's psychic power, if she weren't floating behind him.

Zule's eyes flashed, revealing her position to the onlooking trainers. A dark force erupted from her body, swarming toward her opponent like hungry insects at a picnic. This Hex would be especially nasty if it landed, enflaming her opponent's burn and worsening its growing pain. The thought made Zule laugh, a haunting chime that heralded doom.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:05:51 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the smog wouldn't have even been needed with how that hex was amplified by the metagross' burn. the smog had literally just been a distraction. or an attempt at one.

enraged, the metagross began fixating on the cause of it and barreling toward it at top speed. while that wasn't super fast, it was enough to get close and deal out a ZEN HEADBUTT, right?

sam watched in amusement as his metagross' rage got the best of it. could it really be blamed? it'd been hexed.

really, he was fighting envy. that ghost was a beautiful piece of work and he wanted to get several litwick and chandelure to light the grave sights of mt. pyre.

close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 2:16:11 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
That metagross moved faster than expected. Zule blinked and it was upon her, hurdling her way with a Zen Headbutt. There was no dodging it, so she would at least try to make it an exchange.

As The metagross came near, Zule's top flame would erupt in a mighty Inferno. The flame would arch on its own, seemingly manipulated by an unseen force. Zule screeched as her flames burst toward her charging target, hoping to give him a toasty spray of flame before he hit her.

And he would hit her.

Regardless of whether her tactic worked or not, Zule was tossed like a porcelain doll across the arena, slamming into the ground with a heavy thud. Zule let out a echoing whimper, slowly rising as she tried to shake the stars from her sight. Gosh what a fuckin' hit.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:44:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
that inferno... metagross wasn't going to last. not with the way that burn was cutting his physical attack in half. the chandelure was the winner, now, both sam and metagross knew it.

"last ditch effort."

the metagross' lights in its eyes were starting to fade, flicking in and out, like a pulse. finally they gave a great glow, one last METEOR MASH as it began to loose consciousness, fainting.

sam doubted it would lead to a draw, but, who knew.
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 17:25:33 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The Metagross was putting the last of its energy into one last attack. Zule chimed as she pointed her 'arms' toward each other, not willing to simply go down without putting forth her own full effort. Darkness gathered between her ethereal flames, enlarging into a monstrous orb of phantasmal energy (Shadow Ball).

It was her strongest attack by far, and she hoped that it would be enough to counter the meteor mash and clench a victory. She breathed deeply, concentrating her energies into the shadow ball. When she could spare nothing else, she launched the projectile and all of its horrific glory.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 21:04:13 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the metagross' lights finally went out, body a limp bunch of parts on the ground with no magnetic field active while it fainted.

sam recalled his metagross and kept his hoodie up enough to breathe through the small bits of smog that were still clearing on his side. with a wave, he moved closer. the wave was to get the smog to go away.

"well done. i'll have to get a chandelure of my own, i know that much."

he wanted some of the whole litwick line, so that he could use them for lighting around mt. pyre. maybe he'd contact a breeder, but they were so expensive...
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
awards
1,811 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Oscar vs. Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 0:23:59 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
The battle was over, with Zule was the victor. She chimed with delight, floating back to her master with eyes beaming--more than usual. Oscar patted her bulbous head, hot from the flame the forever burned within. "You did good girl, as always."

Sam approached, wistfully wishing for a chandelure of his own. Oscar nodded, "With where you hang out, you're bound to find one some day." Zule cheered for Sam, waving her arms as a sign of affection. She seemed quite taken by the groundskeeper, something about him made her excited.

"Zule isn't usually this emotive, you must have a thing for ghost types yeah?"