what a catch

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 15:58:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
the cubicle curtain draws open. he offers her a warm smile, compassionate, before sliding it close behind him.

"hey there, miss mélusine. i'm rory and i'll be taking care of you today."

he reaches for a stool, rolls it over, and sits next to the bed.

"how are you feeling?"

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 19:56:05 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
During a swim that morning, Eliora hadn’t noticed a small group of Tentacool in the water before they’d managed to get wrapped around her leg in a small bunch, stinging with poisonous acid. It’d be painful, and scary, but Slowbro had not been far off on the beach, and a HEAL PULSE had recovered her, mostly, burned skin returning to its previous smoothness.

However, she’d still collapsed from the poison.

“Hm?”

She was still in a bit of a pained daze, but had come to, and been mostly filled in on the details. There was a touch of fear, but mostly she’d been quiet and gracious to staff before resting a bit as tests were run.

Her stare fell onto a man named Rory, who she assumed to be a doctor.

“I’m okay, I think. Feeling better.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 7:34:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"that's good to hear."

reaching for the clipboard hanging at the end of the bed, rory quickly skims, then clicks his pen to start jotting down a few notes.

"ouch. tentacool poison can be quite nasty, but the good news is the poison's almost all out of your system. just another thirty or so minutes and you'll be good to go. we'll also prescribe something for the burn."

he peers back up, smiling.

"does that sound good to you?"

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 6:57:31 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Rosy eyes hung idly on the pen a moment as he clicked it, blinking as the sound echoed a little louder in her head.

’Does that sound good to you?’

“Hm?” Realizing she’d slipped into a daze, she shook her head at first, and then corrected to a nod. “Oh. Yes, that sounds fine. Thank you… Rory?”

Realizing he was smiling at her, she did the same back, naturally, despite her lingering pain.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 11:55:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"rory, doctor mclain, whatever works for you."

offering another smile, he soon clicks his pen, then stands back up to pull the curtains back, revealing the rest of the emergency room. nurses and doctors fill the room: some are occupied at various stations dealing with patients, while others are simply moving, observing. much like everyone else, rory wears the same attire: light blue scrubs.

"i'm about to run for a coffee. would you like one?"

he gestures up to the bag of liquid hanging next to her.

"might help with the drowsiness from the antitoxin."

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 3:11:07 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Was it a little strange for a doctor to introduce himself by his first name? She wasn’t too sure. He was probably just friendly.

At coffee, she thought a moment. Ellie didn’t typically drink coffee. It was much too bitter. She was a tea drinker—but, if the doctor said it might help, then she’d drink it.

“Alright.”

A pause.

“Lots of cream and sugar?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 8:52:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"lots of cream and sugar — you got it."

with a parting smile, he steps away, disappearing behind a blur of nurses and doctors.

ten minutes later, he returns with two cups of coffee. approaching, he extends one over to her, then moves to sit on the same stool from earlier.

"i think that's the right cup, but let me know if it's too bitter."

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 19:24:17 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
When he left, her eyes traveled the room, rolling past a dozen light blue shoulders and towards a window.

Upon the doctor’s return, the cup was taken. Her arm felt heavy, she noted. Ellie didn’t like this sort of feeling. To be sedated, or whatever was happening.

She sipped, and it was a little bitter, but she decided it was probably hers. People typically did not understand when she told them ‘lots’.

“It’s perfect. Thanks.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 9:58:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"don't mention it."

despite being on a break, rory just can't help but stay within eyesight of everything. even now, as he settles on the stool beside her bed, he's glancing back at the emergency room every now and then.

"how often do you dive? if you don't mind me asking, of course."

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 3:50:09 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
She watched him for a long moment, and then looked out the window again, watching some kind of small bug buzzing around on the other side of the glass.

Sipping the coffee, she looked back again.

Diving.

“Pretty often. Multiple times a week, usually. I like being in the water. Why?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 12:17:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"no reason in particular. i've never tried it; always wanted to, though."

he looks back, sipping his coffee before continuing:

"i imagine these stings aren't that common, then."

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
what a catch
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:13:12 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
“Oh. You should.” She smiled, still sort of weakly, but the warmth was there. “It’s lots of fun.”

The warmth of the cup in her hands was comforting.

“Not for me, no. I got a little distracted, maybe.”

Another sip, and a tired sigh. Another nap when she got home, maybe. That sounded nice. It had been a very long afternoon.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
what a catch
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 13:33:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"maybe i will someday."

when he gets free time, maybe. so likely never.

a pager buzzes in his coat; he pulls it out, then quickly stands.

"that's me. i hope you feel better soon, miss potts."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
what a catch
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 7:55:40 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: