kris flynn-edwards
icarus, you're flying so close
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 13:31:02 GMT
kris flynn-edwards Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

it's not a big deal.

[break][break] still, the squad captain makes him go — all but forcing him to leave shift and go to get patched up before he'll let him do any more work. usually, flynn wouldn't mind the relief of leaving work early.

[break][break] but this is different. he hates hospitals.

[break][break] he stares up at the worn sign of LILYCOVE GENERAL HOSPITAL, a bitter taste in his mouth. he ignores it, pushing his way through the double doors to the entrance and signs himself in, cradling his right arm in a loose hold.

[break][break] he grunts. "dr. mclain. got an appointment."

[break][break] flynn wasn't much for communication these days.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mightyena"]

[newclass=".karma"]--accent:#32a852; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 14:33:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
it's not often that rory does physical therapy sessions — he's actually stopped seeing new patients since his promotion — but he's sure to keep his schedule open for existing patients.

like officer edwards.

the physical therapy center's quiet today, which allows them their privacy.

"ah, edwards! how've you been?"

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
i am the shadow driving the hearse
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 15:05:04 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

he may not act like it, but he's grateful for the relationship that he shares with . the two of them have known each other by virtue of their jobs, but their friendship is comfortable. flynn is glad for it, if for nothing than the fact that he doesn't have to go rigmarole of going through the public system. he'd rather not have to spend hours in the er waiting room if he could help it, thank you very much.

[break][break] as he's let into the room, he meets the gaze of the doctor.

[break][break] he grunts, as he seats himself on the exam table. "aight." he shifts, pulling his arm a little bit more into view. "think i sprained something, when i was wrestling a perp today."

[break][break] he glances around the room. "quiet today, huh?"

[break][break] blue walks into the room alongside him, waving her tail in greeting. she noses against rory's leg.

[newclass=".karma blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".karma .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 17:40:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"i think everyone's in slateport for the tournament."

the shrug rory offers is as simple as the explanation. he tends not to dwell on things not pertinent to his job.

he gives blue a few good pats before stepping up next to the officer. both hands reach out for his arm, gentle as he starts his examination.

"any plans on participating? you seem like a capable trainer."

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 5:39:03 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

his head jerks into a nod. flynn's not much for words, though rory knows this.

[break][break] he offers his arm to the other, and instead busies himself at looking around the room. the quiet is comforting — well not the quiet, but the absence of any wandering eyes. while flynn had no issues working for the precinct - at least not this point in his life - it was often too jam-packed to be properly comfortable.

[break][break] "m'alright," he gives a shrug, wincing when it causes a bolt of pain to shoot down his arm. "commissioner says we should all make an appearance. just in case things go wrong." he gives a low grunt. "y'know how those events can be."

[break][break] he looks over at the director. "you battle at all?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 15:49:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"they can get quite chaotic, i imagine. they asked me to attend for a bit as well."

the wince is noted as he carries on with the examination.

at the question, rory chuckles, shaking his head.

"can you imagine me battling? i'd be afraid to do them any damage."

that's not to say he can't — he can, he has, but it's just not his thing.

"what part of your arm hurts the most?"

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 15:57:26 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

"fair enough."

[break][break] it would sort of defeat the whole point of being a medical professional, he guessed.

[break][break] "couldn't you just heal 'em after, though?" not that flynn really cared either way. if rory didn't wanna fight, he couldn't blame him. sometimes flynn wished he didn't have to either.

[break][break] being a part of rocket made that difficult sometimes.

[break][break] he shifts, grunting. "this part." he points to his upper bicep with his other arm, the juncture of his arm and shoulder. "think i tore somethin' when i was wrangling that perp down."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 9:57:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"i could, but it'd be best to avoid the need to heal them altogether."

but there's nothing wrong with the art of battling. he can appreciate it — he appreciates what does for her children.

"must've been a pretty strong perp."

the mild discoloration on the surface of the skin tells him enough, and though a more thorough examination can be taken, he doesn't feel the need to just yet. it sounds like a simple tear, after all.

"you still remember what rice is?"

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 12:57:30 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

"strong?" flynn snorts. "more like annoying."

[break][break] or maybe he should've just listened to captain when he said they needed a squad before trying to get that perp in particular. but flynn was stubborn — and he'd handled it himself.

[break][break] mostly anyway.

[break][break] he winces. "rice?" flynn's stupid — but not so stupid that he thinks that is talking about food. okay, fine, maybe he considered it. "you gonna tell me?" he says after a while.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 10:19:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
rory chuckles.

"rest, ice, compression, and elevation."

rice.

"it's torn slightly but it's nothing rice won't fix. i'll also get you some meds to reduce the swelling."

despite being done with his diagnosis, he hovers close as if to drive his next point home.

"be careful next time, yeah?"

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 15:02:01 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

"rest, ice, elevation and —"

uh. shit. he's never been good at memorizing things. not now, not in high school. no, that's always been 's strongsuit —

[break][break] a sharp jab of pain in his chest. whenever he thinks of her. he swallows. "you gonna write that down for me?" the grin he sends rory's way is wry; the doctor knows very well that most of this stuff generally goes above his head. it's why rocket stationed him in lilycove at all. didn't have to think too much when he was wrangling criminals.

[break][break] his head jerks into a nod. "thanks, doc." the endearment falls off his tongue easily, without even thinking about it. flynn moves to to rub his shoulder, wincing slightly, and then blinks when he realizes rory's still close.

[break][break] "yeah, yeah, " he drawls. then pauses.

[break][break] "... you'll probably see me again though."

[break][break] he was just being honest.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 12:17:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"rest, ice, compression, and elevation."

rory chuckles, reaching into his pocket for a notepad and a pen. he scribbles the acronym down for the officer.

"don't mention it."

yeah, they'll definitely be seeing each other again.

tearing a page off, he extends it over.

"oh. how well do you know flowers? i'm not too sure which to get for my girlfriend."

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 19:49:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

flowers?

[break][break] flynn blinks, then barks a laugh. "fuck no."

[break][break] he stands up a bit straighter, rubbing his arm. somehow, something about being in the doctor's office make the pain feel less.

[break][break] despite his words, however, the man seems thoughtful. "well. what's she like?" then, there is a glimmer of something mischievous:

[break][break] "what'd you do to piss her off now?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 13:34:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"she's, uh..."

it shouldn't be difficult but it is. why's that?

"kind, pretty, smart — much smarter than i am."

it should be concerning how few adjectives he can find but it isn't, only because he doesn't bother paying it much thought besides that.

"i don't spend enough time with her, i think."

a shrug.

"just thought i'd get her something nice."

close tab

played by

milky

flynn
he/him
March 23
Mistralton City, Unova
pansexual
lilycove police
grunt
ALETHEA IVANOVA
DIVORCED
37 height
37 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flynn
kris flynn-edwards
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2021 15:52:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","karma"]
[attr="class","top"]

he huffs a laugh.

[break][break] "really?"

[break][break] it's the kind of thing that any well-meaning boyfriend would say about their partner. flynn should know; he used to be that guy.

[break][break] still, he can't help but be doubtful.

[break][break] isn't rory a medical director?

[break][break] "she sounds like a catch then," he says, with a shrug. a silence passes - flynn's not great with knowing others, even less someone he's never met.

[break][break] "what about lilies?" he breaths in, a sharp feeling in his gut. the same one whenever he thinks of . "my ex liked them."