2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 15:51:18 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Days spent under the scorching hot sun have have barely left a mark in the ship captain's sun-kissed skin; whatever marks riddled her body were of another kind entirely and far less pleasant than just the kind you'd get while sunbathing.

The same could be said for the man currently walking into the arena.

At the sight, Captain Skyler Dross smirks sharply with all the teeth in her mouth, recognition and mischief gleaming within silvery depths. As if on cue, her arm raises up - and with it, a familiar bottle of amber liquid.

"Hey, Sarge! Fancy meeting you here!"

By her side a dragon looks on, its fierce visage set into something akin to a grumpy look if one squinted their eyes enough.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 17:44:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"captain! what a surprise."

it's about as much of a surprise as the bottle of amber liquid she raises; he raises one, too, and knocks back a hefty swig, just like old times.

when it lowers, a pokeball bursts open, calling out his choice for the battle.

"loser buys drinks?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 21:35:35 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Now you're talking my language."

About half of the matches she's participated in have ended with drinks being had. The other half have started with drinks being had. Clearly, the good ol' captain isn't missing any chances to stave off the heat - or to build her reputation around tequila. Or rum, depending.

"Svernos, under." Skyler doesn't wait, raising an arm to protect her eyes from the sudden onslaught of sand as the Garchomp DIGS deep, disappearing from sight.

"Flexing those battling muscles, Sarge? Or are you looking to win something?"

garchomp uses DIG 

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 12:13:31 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]garchomp DIGS and ninetales quickly DISABLES it, eyes flashing red as it prepares to be struck from under.

"looking to win, of course."

laughing, he says:

"have you tried tequila pong?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 20:37:48 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"A couple of times." Skyler smirks. The mention brings back hazy recollections, drowned out in her, at the time, drink of choice.

In all honesty, she can't remember most of the game. 

Beneath the Ninetales, earth and sand starts to rumble. A sharp fin erupts first, quickly followed by the rest of the Garchomp as she reappears under the fire fox with vicious intensity. 

"Are you inviting me for a round or two, Sarge?"

garchomp uses DIG 
the move DIG is now disabled

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 14:30:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"a couple of times? cap, you're wild."

ninetales cries out in pain. her tails immediately curl under, releasing a FIRE BLAST right into the garchomp's side.

the attack sends heat rising all around them.

"yeah. figure i could kick your ass in that, too."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 15:18:09 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"You know I can't say no to that." The play of bright sunlight on her face highlights her grin, slightly lopsided and mischievous. Usually a prelude to some harebrained and likely dangerous idea.

Unable to escape in time, Svernos takes the full brunt of the Fire Blast, hungry flames scorching her scales a darker blue. Her pained yowl transitions swiftly into a low growl, revenge taking the shape of a full body charge, attempting to BULLDOZE the fox in her warpath.

"You sure, Sarge? You know how it is with sailors and drinking. But you're on." Laughter bubbles out of her. "We should up the stakes somehow."

garchomp was hit by FIRE BLAST! ouch
garchomp uses BULLDOZE

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 15:20:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the matchup is definitely not in their favor. ninetales won't be able to outlast another hit or two like the last.

so the PROTECT that forms is only natural, instinctual. the brief lull after the impact is used to leap back, creating distance.

"what were you thinking?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 15:29:57 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Her mouth opens and closes, clearly stumped. She hadn't thought quite that far ahead when she'd made the suggestion. Which, to be fair, was very on point for the ship captain.

"I'm sure we'll figure something out."

Svernos' charge is halted by the protective barrier that shimmers around the Ninetales. Amber eyes glare down at her opponent, annoyance making itself known in the sharp teeth that chomp down a hairwidth away from the fox's snout. Strangely enough, the Garchomp lets her opponent leap back without making any move to follow after.

It's only when the tide begins to surge that her intent becomes apparent. SURF taking over the battlefield.

"Tattoos are out of the question." Her eyes follow the inked designs across Matias' skin. "Where'd you get those anyway?"

garchomp uses SURF

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 15:36:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]could matias have picked a worse choice against a garchomp?

there's nothing to stop the SURF from washing over the battlefield. ninetales leaps, runs, but is still smacked by the wave that carries her a few paces.

when she drifts to a stop, her eyes flash pink in a CONFUSE RAY, desperation showing.

"kanto."

he grins.

"you sure, cap? i think a tattoo might look good on you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 15:47:28 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"Of course it would look good on me." A wry smile takes over her mouth, guileless and amused as she tilts her head to the side. Not that Skyler is a guileless person in any way, shape or form. But she has her moments. "But I think you're inked up for both of us, Sarge."

And besides, Skyler would never cover up her scars with ink. She's much too proud of them. She's much too proud in general.

Svernos is on her way to deal the death blow, so to speak, when the Confuse Ray has her staggering back. Finned arms are raised up in confusion as the dragon tries to get her bearings - only to utterly fail. This time, no attack is forthcoming.

Skyler's chin tilts to motion for the tattoos. "They mean anything?"

garchomp is confused!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 15:58:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"they do. might tell you about them one day."

the confusion buys ninetales enough time to recover. like a dog after a bath, she shakes her fur dry, vibrating with the intensity of an EXTRASENSORY that looks to pierce into garchomp's mind.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 17:11:53 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

"So mysterious, Sarge." An eyebrow is quirked up, amusement rolling off her tongue, harmless. "Do the girls - or guys - fall for that often?"

Despite the confusion that has overtaken the Garchomp, Ninetales' next attack seems to give the dragon some measure of clarity. Shaking her head to try and dispel her disorientation, Svernos manages to slam both of her clawed appendages against the ground, an EARTHQUAKE rippling outward to hit everything and everyone in the vicinity.

garchomp is still confused!
garchomp manages to use EARTHQUAKE!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 10:27:59 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]with a wink, he responds:

"they do."

the grin that curls is only natural; it lingers even through the EARTHQUAKE that threatens them off their feet.

ninetales struggles to stay upright. she slips, hits her head against the ground, and almost faints from the pain. crying out in pain, she sends a desperate FIRE BLAST across the battlefield.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
skyler vs matias [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 19:42:06 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Laughter bubbles out of Skyler's mouth, wild and unselfconscious, mingling with the call of nearby Wingull and Pelipper. Drifting off into the not-so-distant surf that crashes into pale sand.

"You can show me how it's done when we go grab some drinks."

This time dodging the Fire Blast is relatively easy, Ninetales' distance giving Svernos enough time to step aside and let the fire harmlessly hit the rocks behind them. Sharp fangs glint under the scorching hot sun, bloodthirsty, as the dragon shakes her head. Confusion melting away and allowing Garchomp to DRAGON RUSH her opponent. Attempting to end the fight with a single blow of her ROUGH SKIN.

garchomp manages to use DRAGON RUSH!