awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 7:22:04 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

This one was a long time coming, to be honest.

While there was one Winged Mirage that was yet unaccounted for, the fact that two of them had manifested and had bestowed their powers (and personality) on two people within the League ranks was a sight to behold.

And now it was—actually time for these two titans of ice and fire to clash.

The setting: just after sundown.

The arena: somewhere quieter, but still had some people milling around waiting for the next match to commence.

The main event: where were they?

There was a snow cone stand on one side of the arena, and underneath its shaded umbrella, a shirtless man sat, waiting, as he ate through a blue raspberry-flavored snow cone.

Somewhere in the clouds, the deity of ice lingered, awaiting to meet its ‘brethren’ in mortal ckombat.

There was something new he wanted to try out, after his conversation with a certain person a few days prior.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 10:40:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","top-banner"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Ever since the start of the Hoenn Star Tournament, Stormy had been restless. Moltres, specifically, had been restless. It was agitated, its ego swelling exponentially with every win. [break][break]

And now, it was coming face to face with its ice counterpart. Success seemed inevitable.[break][break]

"Are you sure you wanna do this, Lars?"[break][break]

Stormy beckons as she jogs up to the arena, waving a greeting. She oozes with confidence, glancing up to the sky just as fiery wings cast their unbearably hot influence upon them. Even with the sun now going down, Moltres is in its element with wide-open sky and summer heat.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","title"]STORMY SILPH
[attr="class","subtitle"]i've been burnt so many times

[newclass=".moltres"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dbxzhYZ/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main b"]font-size:12px; color:#e0b443;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/Kj0d7T8/image.png); height:350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top-banner"]background:#b33024; margin-bottom:-50px; height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/NyYNjvs/image.png); height:400px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main"]background:rgba(99, 83, 77,0.8); border:1px solid #e0b443; margin:0px 20px; margin-top:-230px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:40px; position:relative; z-index:999;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; padding:10px; border:1px solid #e0b443; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .flower"]background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-position:bottom right; width:500px; height:250px; position:absolute; z-index:-1; bottom:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .title"]font:70px 'Bungee Outline'; line-height:60px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #f76022, 1px -1px 0 #f76022, -1px 1px 0 #f76022, 1px 1px 0 #f76022; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; top:200px; left:170px; position:absolute; height:210px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .subtitle"]font:bold 11px montserrat; border-left:10px solid #d63209; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:none; color:#f76022; background:#000; padding:5px 5px 5px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn"]padding-top:13px; padding-left:23px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img"]padding:10px 5px; height:30px; margin-right:20px; background:#95281e; border-radius:5px; opacity:0.9; transition:0.5s all; filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img:hover"]filter:grayscale(40%); transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #e0b443; width:300px; margin:10px auto 0px; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc b"]background:#e0b443; color:#111; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; font:bold 13px poppins; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:5px; font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass-".moltres .ooc span"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Bungee+Outline]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 10:49:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Once the blue raspberry snow cone was gone, it was immediately replaced with a ‘Silver Fox’ flavored one that was, surprisingly, vanilla-flavored.

And then—the atmosphere changed.

A shriek of displeasure came from the clouds above as the deity borne of ice revealed themselves at last, staring at their counterpart across the way.

“This was going to be inevitable, anyway,” he said as he took another bite out of the snow cone he held in his left hand.

“Want a cone before they start fighting?” he gestured, as his own deity beat their wings, an attempt to stave off the heat wave that was rising from the opposite side of the arena.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 11:01:39 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Ooo.. sure! What flavors do you have?"[break][break]

She peruses them as she pleases, unbothered by the two legendary deities screaming profanities(she can only assume) from the heavens. Fire and ice, this battle would be legendary.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".moltres"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/dbxzhYZ/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/Kj0d7T8/image.png); height:350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .top-banner"]background:#b33024; margin-bottom:-50px; height:120px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/NyYNjvs/image.png); height:400px; position:relative; z-index:1; margin-top:-150px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main"]background:rgba(99, 83, 77,0.8); border:1px solid #e0b443; margin:0px 20px; margin-top:-230px; font:11px roboto; text-align:justify; color:#fff; padding:40px; position:relative; z-index:999;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .icon"]height:80px; width:80px; float:left; padding:10px; border:1px solid #e0b443; margin-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .main .flower"]background:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-size:cover; background-position:bottom right; width:500px; height:250px; position:absolute; z-index:-1; bottom:0px; right:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .title"]font:70px 'Bungee Outline'; line-height:60px; text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #f76022, 1px -1px 0 #f76022, -1px 1px 0 #f76022, 1px 1px 0 #f76022; color:#fff; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; top:200px; left:170px; position:absolute; height:210px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .subtitle"]font:bold 11px montserrat; border-left:10px solid #d63209; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:none; color:#f76022; background:#000; padding:5px 5px 5px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn"]padding-top:13px; padding-left:23px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img"]padding:10px 5px; height:30px; margin-right:20px; background:#95281e; border-radius:5px; opacity:0.9; transition:0.5s all; filter:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .pkmn img:hover"]filter:grayscale(40%); transition:0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #e0b443; width:300px; margin:10px auto 0px; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]
[newclass=".moltres .ooc b"]background:#e0b443; color:#111; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; font:bold 13px poppins; letter-spacing:-1px; margin-right:5px; font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass-".moltres .ooc span"]text-transform:uppercase; font-family:roboto mono;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 11:52:26 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Unbothered by the way the snarky voice in the back of his head was screaming all manner of profanities at him due to the presence of the other Winged Mirage nearby, he tuned out the voice for a few moments.

“You can pick whatever, there’s like a lot of flavors available. Although, I haven’t dared touch the ‘Fuzzy Navel’ one yet. But it smells like orange. I can’t really tell. I have ‘Silver Fox’, and it’s creamy vanilla.”

Meanwhile, the deity of ice hovered above them, completely and totally ignored by his ‘champion’ as the two humans picked over snow cones down on the ground.

“Oh. I’ve asked other avatars, but—” he trailed off as he finished the snow cone before asking for a Blue Hawaiian flavored snow cone.

“Does yours talk to you? Like… I have a very chatty one.”

He tilts his head up slightly overhead, to where the Articuno hovered, itching to start fighting.

the flavors available are the uniquely-named ones here

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 11:58:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Hmmm.. I'll give the fuzzy navel a try. I like oranges."[break][break]

With an easy, relaxed smile, Stormy leans back on her heels and glances up at the sky. Moltres' wings beat, dominance and poise evident in the way he holds his head. Anticipation leaks into even Stormy's demeanor, and she presses a hand to her chest as if to soothe the beating of her heart.[break][break]

"Hmm? No, no it doesn't. Just, uhh.. really strong emotional pulls, mostly."[break][break]

Moltres was very much still a mystery to her.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 12:09:16 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

In short order a cone with fiery red and orange-colored ice was handed to her.

“Oh, look at that. Fits you to a tee,” he said with a chuckle before looking up and giving the ice deity the most pointed eye roll he could muster.

“Give me a moment,” he apologized before whistling sharply exactly once at the Articuno.

“You’re the one losing it now!” he shouted, before getting another round of profanities screeched at him in the back of his head.

Turning back to her, he took a bite from his own snow cone and gave an apologetic grin.

“By emotion? That’s interesting… only Cait’s communicates with her out of most everyone I know I’ve asked. I asked your brother and, well, his only communicates when absolutely necessary. Zac’s doesn’t talk much either… guess I got the odd one,” he added with a snort.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 16:42:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

"Oh, cool! It sorta looks like fire!"[break][break]

She doesn't hesitate to dive into it, humming thoughtfully at the taste. Of course, her good-natured mood is put on temporary pause at the odd display between avatar and deity. She glances up at her own legendary bird, who seems otherwise uninterested in what she's doing. [break][break]

"I don't know! I've never known any Pokemon to talk, so I hardly expected Moltres to be any different."[break][break]

Above, Moltres cries again, this time to challenge Articuno into battle. Drones zero in on the location, anticipating the battle. This would be an incredible tournament.[break][break]

Naturally, Moltres opens with a SUNNY DAY, perforating the clouds that blot out the setting sun. Stormy's snow cone begins to melt all over her fist, but she does not seem to mind.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 17:10:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

For some reason the darkening night was suddenly dispelled into a—

Oh, shit, fire. Time to move quickly! He thought before hearing another round of profanities in his head before he took another bite out of his snow cone.

“Geez, and you’re supposed to be the calm one!” he called out from underneath the shade of the umbrella. Turning back to Stormy, he noticed something.

“Your snow cone’s melting.”

Back up in the skies above, the Articuno let out another shriek of displeasure before opening fire with a sweeping-ranged Ice Beam, moving from side to side to increase the range rather than concentrating on a singular point.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 17:17:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

The sand beneath their feet is hot to the touch- quite literally hot enough to burn. What with Moltres' incredible power, the SUNNY DAY, and the generally hot evening, it was a recipe for disaster. Well, not really.[break][break]

But it was a recipe for a super-heated SCORCHING SANDS.[break][break]

Even with the wide arc of ICE BEAM, the sun and the sand are too hot for it to really find purchase. It melts on contact, maybe even before contacting Moltres' skin. If anything, it is more of a nuisance. The Pokemon's FLAME BODY burns it away on contact.[break][break]

But the SCORCHING SANDS whips up like a tornado, hot, burning sand liable to inflict great amounts of pain. [break][break]

"Oh.. so it is! Woops!"[break][break]

Stormy opts to eat it faster, ushering for a napkin.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 18:43:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

‘Are you going to leave me alone to fight up here?!’

‘Well, you’re doing fine there by yourself!’

‘I swear—!’

‘What, can’t handle the heat?’ Lars snarked back, finishing off the snow cone and being handed another blue one while shielding himself from the swirling sand that was coming up—

And from up above, a shrieking noise once more as a Blizzard was dropped around the area; an attempt to freeze the sand—or at the very least, stop the incoming attack from coming into their path.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 18:48:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

The extreme hot and cold meet in the middle. It encourages an explosion, kind of, or a miniature tornado. People opt to get out of the way, packing up their umbrellas and beach chairs to move further down the beach. The last thing they wanted was to have their stuff cast out to sea.[break][break]

Cold air meets with warm and it buffets them both in the process. It slows down Moltres just enough to annoy the deity, before charging forward again- this time with a BURNING JEALOUS. Flames eat up the legendary birds body, engulfing it in flame. With a great push of its wings, the fire-type attack is sent sprawling for the Articuno, ainting to consume.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 19:44:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

‘I hate you.’

‘You do this to me all the time! Payback for what’s only fair, you know!’

‘Shut up!’

Lars cackled a few moments before biting into the new snow cone he was holding. “Someone’s upset,” he cracked with a smirk as he looked skyward—

Feeling the temperature drop considerably.

He already had a guess on what was going to happen, as the iceborne deity beat their wings and attempted to change the weather from the heat to something much colder—

A Hail storm attempt was made.

Well, if it didn’t work at least the air was going to be colder.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 22:48:54 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","moltres"]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","icon"]

Cackling. What a weirdo.[break][break]

She takes another tentative bite of her snow cone, glancing up to the sky. Their two kindred spirits continue to battle head to head above them, astonishing the crowd.[break][break]

There is a shadow in the heart of the storm. Hail whips up, overtaking the SUNNY DAY. Rather than outright attack, this time, however, Moltres utilizes a TAILWIND to fly through the hail storm. Even still, on contact the hail melts off of the deity's super-heated body.[break][break]

"Hail... why am I not surprised."[break][break]

The woman holds out a hand, catching the icy stones in her hand. They melt against her palm, as she is evidently just as hot.

[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged

[attr="class","flower"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
ice vs fire [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 5:55:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Too hot,” was all Lars could answer as he took another big bite out of his snow cone. At least the weather was cooling down now, which was a good thing at least!

Back up in the skies, the Hail storm finally came into effect, however this time the Moltres was on the run. Or at least, that’s what it looked like to the iceborne Winged Mirage.

Hoping that the weather would finally turn things in their favor, a second attempt at Blizzard is launched all over the place; and down below—

The weather, while normally being hot and humid turned frigid and snowy. At least, for the crowd watching from the stands.

However Lars knew the heat wasn’t going to last…