good things

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good things
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 17:43:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

not known to many, a path exists on the side of route one-one-nine that leads up into the mountains. it's not as high (or hot) as mount chimney but some might argue it's equally as dangerous; for different reasons, of course. it's why it's important to have someone adept at trekking the wilderness.[break][break]

a ranger, for example.[break][break]

darren points to an overgrown branch before stepping over it.[break][break]

"watch your step there."

[break][break]

+ for

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#D49736;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 3:25:25 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
“Ooh—thanks.”

Nearly tripping, she was saved by his attentiveness. Her gaze had been lingering on a bird in the trees.

Cutiefly and Ribombee buzzed about, interested in the new surroundings and higher elevation. Typically, Ellie didn’t leave the beach and surrounding businesses. If she did, it was to head to another beach.

The higher up they got, the more impressive the view was below.

“And thanks for bringing me! I don’t leave the beach much. This is really beautiful.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 8:24:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"yeah no problem. we don't usually have company so it's uh, nice."[break][break]

albert croaks, agreeing as he continues to lead the way, deftly hopping along the path that continues to climb up.[break][break]

"you good? you need water or anything?"

[break][break]

+ for

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 8:48:24 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
She smiled, happy to be the nice company.

Then, prompted to realize her thirst, she shrugged off a bug and reached into it.

“Oh! I'm good, yeah. I actually um… brought some tea! It’s Mago berry, with some herbs. I make it myself from my garden.”

She offered him a reused glass jar. It was filled with cold, sweet pink tea, some ice still sloshing about.

“Want to try some?”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 8:59:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"i don't think i've ever had mago berry before."[break][break]

eyeing the jar for a moment, he nods, then reaches for it with a soft smile. the cold feels refreshing, even more so when he raises it to sip.[break][break]

his smile grows just a little.[break][break]

"i like it; it's really nice."[break][break]

after another sip, he extends the jar back over to her.[break][break]

"what other tea do you make?"

[break][break]

+ for

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 9:11:08 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
“Yay!”

“I brought two.” She pulled another jar from the bag, not taking the one she’d handed him back yet. “I mean… if you like it, keep it!”

He was asking about variety. Mainly, Ellie kept to Mago berry tea, but there were occasions that she strayed—once in a blue moon. Or, on nights when getting to sleep proved especially difficult.

“Sometimes I’ll use Nanab or Payapa berries. Nanab’s good for sleep.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 9:39:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"oh, you sure?"[break][break]

the jar remains extended, then after a pause, it finds both his hands once again. he cups it, holding it close to him with a smile.[break][break]

"thanks, ellie."[break][break]

it's funny how such a simple gesture could mean so much.[break][break]

"i'll have to try the nanab one someday."[break][break]

up ahead, albert croaks again, this time louder than the last. the water-type stops, perks up, then points off to the side.[break][break]

"i think we're almost there."

[break][break]

+ for

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 10:02:37 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
“Of course. It's the least I can do to thank you for a fun adventure.”

Her voice was ever-pleasant and grateful that he appreciated her offering.

The Nanab berry tea interested him. Maybe he had trouble sleeping sometimes, too?

“I could make you some, you know.”

It was an offer to see him again. She liked Darren so far, save for the nearly drowning several birds earlier that afternoon. He hadn’t seemed to have meant to do much harm, and he had been saving baby turtles.

Almost there.

Her gaze followed Albert’s gesture.

“Where are we going, exactly?”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 10:16:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

darren takes a moment to consider her offer. but it's not a hard one to make, especially when it means seeing her again.[break][break]

"yeah...i would like that."[break][break]

his smile lingers.[break][break]

"somewhere i think you'd like."[break][break]

but realizing how ominous that could sound, he's quick to correct:[break][break]

"it's one of my favorite spots in hoenn."[break][break]

he says it like he's been to other regions. he hasn't, though he's always wanted to.[break][break]

gesturing, he continues on. the path leads them up, then albert leads them off to the side, breaking through more overgrown bits of nature. it's clear this particular path isn't traversed as often.[break][break]

after a short walk, they come to a clearing. in front of them lies a large lake: crystal clear emerald water that glimmers under the rays of the sun, sparkling as it calls to them.

[break][break]

+ for

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 19:22:42 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Just like that, they were friends. This came as no surprise. Ellie had never struggled to make them. She had offered lots of people tea, and received plenty of smiles for it.

Ellie lived on smiles and sweet things.

“Ooh~ I like surprises.”

She unscrewed the lid from her jar and took a sip. Soon, though, it was replaced and screwed tight, and put away into her bag. They went into very tall grass, and she walked a little closer to the ranger.

“Come here, babies!” she called to her flies. “Stay close!”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good things
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 19:42:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

darren's always struggled to make friends. it's just never come naturally to him — talking, socializing. he'd say the wrong thing, rub someone the wrong way, and then that was it. alone. friendless. but he's been okay with it because that's how things have always been.[break][break]

now, he's not sure which he prefers.[break][break]

"we're here."[break][break]

the lake lies ahead of them; untouched and beautiful. he looks back at her with a smile, then motions them to continue.[break][break]

"don't think it has a name. we call it the emerald lake."[break][break]

they approach the edge of the lake.

[break][break]

+ for

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
good things
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 5:16:00 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
When the foliage and difficult-to-traverse terrain had leveled out and parted, before them was a gorgeous, sparkling lake. Cutiefly and Ribombee flew out ahead, as soon as they’d make it from the dangerous weeds.

“It’s beautiful!” Ellie gushed, and ran after them, giggling at their happy dances through the air. They stopped short of the edge—all three. The flies knew well enough not to go over fish territory. Ellie, on the other hand, was already thinking about a dip.

“We should go for a swim!”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good things
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 6:41:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

darren trails after albert, who has a similar idea to ellie. the little politoed stands by the edge of the lake, takes a moment to compose himself, then takes an elegant dive in, plunging headfirst into the water.[break][break]

"oh, uh, yeah, that sounds nice."[break][break]

taking another sip of the tea, he screws the lid back on before gently placing the jar on the grass off to the side, safe to revisit later.[break][break]

he shrugs his jacket off, then his shirt, which reveals a plethora of scars that litter his body, most of them claw marks of some kind. he's still dressed in appropriate swimwear from earlier, so he's about good to go.[break][break]

"ready?"

[break][break]

+ for

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
good things
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 4:58:39 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Ellie watched the Politoed leap into the water with a smile.

Excited to follow it, she too undressed. She had changed out of her swimwear from before, replaced with modest, light pink undergarments which she bared freely and without hesitation. They would be underwater soon, anyways.

She looked over to Darren, who seemed ready as well.

“Yeah! Let’s go.”

Wading in a few feet, she then dove right in rather skillfully, the long stroke of legs and arms carrying her gracefully through the water under the surface.

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
good things
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 9:43:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

without even realizing it, his eyes drift over to her. catching himself looking, he tenses, then quickly shifts his gaze away as subtly as he could in the moment. [break][break]

"yeah."[break][break]

darren's dive is not nearly as graceful. he plunges in with a bigger splash than he would've liked; big enough to perhaps reach ellie when she surfaces. [break][break]

it's certainly big enough to send albert drifting away. the politoed croaks, then dives under to swim over to darren to give him a playful slap on his arm.

[break][break]

+ for