twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
giona vs siobhan [(H✩T)] (SKY BATTLE)
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 2:37:12 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The two stood on raised sand dunes... on platforms built like bases in baseball, so as to prevent people from being buried by accident. Giona wore black track pants and sandals with a violet towel draped over his shoulders. He had his time to be weird and cagey, but this person seemed... promising.

"Oh! I've heard of you... I think."

Surely he had, having gifted her a Litwick. Giona was just terrible with names, at the end of the day. Nonetheless, he had this vague association of her with some of the other Rockets he knew in passing.

"Huh. Well, are you interested in a battle? I won't be bothered if you say no."

Giona held one pokeball in each hand. A series of red beams came out, taking vague shapes. What appeared to be a pheasant and a hot air balloon slowly peeled out, taking flight right away. The two circled overhead, looking down at the humans below. Even on a raised platform, in a color meant to reflect sunlight, he was already a little tired from the sun overhead.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
we plot in the shadows & hang out in gallows
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 2:52:35 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
Siobhan would notice the young man approach. she realized he was the one who had gifted her the Litwick. a tiny smile appeared. "greetings" but he didn't seem to recall her name "have you?" she was curious just what he had heard.

"I would be honored" she goes on, giving an incline of her skull to Giona as she released her two flying type Pokemon "Siobhan Burke" she adds for the man's benefit, gesturing for him to have the first move.

battle music
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 3:55:07 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The mention of her name at the very end jogged his memory. Had she not done that, he would’ve dismissed it as the sun finally hitting his brain and apologized. It’d be no way to talk to a stranger, that’s for sure.

"Oh! You’re that new hire shaking things up at work. I don’t know you very well, but you’ve impressed people that I look up to."

Furthermore, she seemed to be game for a battle. For being a player in a spectator sport. A small grin appeared on his face, mirroring hers.

"Unfezant, use Detect."

Giona whistled a slowly ascending note. Drifblim responded by sending forth a gust of wind. It knew gust, sure. This however felt like the chill of a ghost passing through someone. It was Ominous Wind. Giona then nodded to his bird, which seemed to brace itself for impact with Detect.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 3:59:52 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
"I see."

but now was not the time for idle gossip. his bird would gladly use Detect to protect itself, the Ominous Wind from the ghost assaulting Zeppelin. Tiamat retaliated by using Ice Beam at the Drifblim, while Zeppelin tried to recover and use Focus Energy to boost his next attack.

"we'll have to have a chat about those people" Siobhan adds for conversation's sake "I must admit I haven't paid much attention to the opinions of others so far." she was inquisitive by nature, so she had to know who she had impressed and how.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 4:42:38 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

The subject and tenor seemed to slowly turn into office chatter. So as to pinch it off here so no spectators started asking inconvenient questions, he decided to sandbag the topic. An odd move, since he brought it up.

"There isn’t much of a chat to be had. We’re all rooting for you."

Furthermore, she seemed to be game for a battle. For being a player in a spectator sport. A small grin appeared. Giona whistled a low A, barely above just exhaling. Drifblim responded by focusing on Dragonite. By trying to sap its strength to heal, but not injure it. It was Strength Sap. Giona then nodded to his bird, which seemed to build up speed, before stopping on a dime and pushing compressed air at Dragonite with Air Cutter.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 5:21:52 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
she could understand the change in subject, yet it wasn't like Siobhan was asking Giona to spill Rocket chatter in a public place. she meant after the battle, but could take a hint. he did not want to give it up, or he was unwilling to gossip.

Tiamat was targeted as it was the real threat here. "Thunderbolt" she says, relying on the Special Attack of her Dragonite. the Strength Sap would suck some of the dragon's power away, restoring some health.

the dragon roared in confusion and anger in equal turns before shifting attention to the Drifblim. Zeppelin focused more on giving support, using Shadow Ball on the Drifblim to add to the damage. Siobhan didn't even need to command it.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 3:00:51 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona felt somewhat awkward after the decision he made. To pinch off a conversation suddenly. He glanced off to the middle distance and thought, then turned his attention back to the battle at hand.

The Thunderbolt seemed to bring Drifblim back down to where it started. Even further, a Shadow Ball blindsided it. Strength Sap had diminishing returns, as well. He had one last trick up his sleeve. Giona whistled a slowly descending note. Drifblim fell through what looked to be a purple smear of paint on the sky, disappearing for now with Phantom Force. It'd reemerge in a minute to lunge at Dragonite, but not without a pause to build tension. Giona then nodded to his bird, which seemed to build up speed, before stopping on a dime and pushing compressed air at Drifloon with Air Cutter.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 19:18:37 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
perhaps she sensed his awkwardness. "your Pokémon have been raised well" the woman commented casually, for lack of a better conversation. she was not one to judge others on such things; Siobhan was not very chatty herself.

now it was up to Giona to take it how he liked, perhaps commenting back or being silent. who knew? conversation was a two-way streak sometimes. the Air Cutter shot toward Zeppelin and he retaliated with Payback at the other Pokémon.

Tiamat meanwhile dealt with the Phantom Force. she snarls at the damage before throwing an Ice Beam at the offending foe.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 19:57:02 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona felt somewhat awkward after the decision he made. To pinch off a conversation suddenly. He felt relieved and embarrassed in equal measure as she gave him a lifeline. A thing to cut through the unnerving quiet he made.

”Thanks. I was just telling our boss the other day... I can raise strong pokemon, I just wouldn’t know what to do with them. You did a great job with your Drifloon. It’s very... attentive. I hope it’s big enough to fly you around someday, it’ll make things so much easier.”

The Ice Beam seemed to do the trick. In the games, pokemon tend to fold after 3-4 hits. That’s precisely what happened, as Drifblim was taken down altogether. Giona smirked. Drifblim let out one last blast of hot air as it fell. It tried to stick Dragonite with Aftermath. Giona withdrew Drifblim to protect it from further harm. Giona then nodded to his bird, which seemed to soar, then dicebomb. It tried to attack Drifloon one last time with Air Slash.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 20:27:13 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
Aftermath hits, causing the Dragonite to yowl in alarm and pain. "Thunderbolt" Siobhan would call to Tiamat. one Pokemon was down; one more had to go. she would see this fight to the very end, win or lose. the dragon unleashed it's stored power in the form of lightning, seeking the remaining Pokémon; the avian.

not as strong as it's evolved form, the Drifloon would crash with the Air Slash's hit. but Aftermath hit the pigeon before Siobhan could recall her Pokémon. it more or less floated into the Pokeball's light. "thank you" she says conversationally "I just received him in a trade; I felt this battle would do a good job of seeing his potential."

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 20:57:47 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona felt like he was coming out of his shell a little more. Becoming the person that he hastily turned himself into to evade suspicion. He'd even left the safehouses he'd set up in capable hands. Getting to have a conversation like this in public helped a lot.

”That's fantastic. You seem to already know what to do with them. If I could add one thing, you should try to teach it Ominous Wind. It has a small but still present chance to make Drifloon stronger while attacking at the same time.”

The last attack connected on Drifloon. It'd seemingly fainted from the blow, which would've left the two of them 1 and 1. Ontop of that, Dragonite struck with Thunderbolt. What happened next was predictable; Drifloon's Aftermath went off. One last violent burst of air clipped Unfezant, sending it hurtling towards the ground.

Like in the games, battles seemed to be over here in a matter of two to three well placed attacks. It left him thankful, having been through the long, drawn out affair in Fortree. Giona withdrew it into a ball with a red R displayed to her, protecting the bird from further harm.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 21:13:40 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
Siobhan had a preference for ghosts and fairies. even dragons were warming up to her. "I will keep that in mind" she says as she recalls her Dragonite after winning the double battle "thank you for the match, Giona." she adds a bit warmly.

any Rocket who actually took care of their Pokémon instead of using them as tools was good in her book. "let me treat you to a drink, at least" Siobhan adds, gesturing to the vendors below them.

@ casual social until we hit page 2 lol
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 21:39:41 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

He was a little nervous and skittish, even as the battle drew to a close. He didn't get to do much in the way of extracurriculars with friends at work, save for when he went to the gym on the sub. When he was doing his dumbbell routine, then got distracted and hit on in a way that was baffling, but not technically a problem.

”That's... wow. I can pay for my own drink, but I wouldn't mind sitting down and drinking with you.”

He then curled the towel around his shoulders. In this climate, protecting yourself from sunburns was vital. That being said, he'd glance up at her and offer it to her, before they walked off to the drink vendors together. Without it, he'd just be wearing black track pants and matching sandals.

He'd glanced off into the distance to try and collect some thought to share. Something cogent, compared to his usual weird comments. Nothing came up, and worse, nothing could stave off what looked like a little blush... save for the onset of a mild sunburn.

close tab

played by

lackadaisy

bean
she/her
october 10th
ballonlea town
pansexual
folklorist
executive
you're like a
phantom
124 height
124 height
awards
422 posts
part of
TAG WITH @siobhan
siobhan burke
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 22:42:42 GMT
siobhan burke Avatar
"very well."

though he had lost, Siobhan had a mind to at least get him a drink for the effort he put in. but she would not force the issue if he could pay for his own. she smiles politely at the young man before following, giving a slight shake of her head when he offered her the towel.

how kind of him, but not required. true, she tanned and burned rather easily, but she had applied sunscreen before leaving for the beach. Siobhan had faith it'd work. reaching the vendor, she would order an oran berry smoothie.

as she waited for Giona to order, she realized he had fallen silent. "I ordered something different this time, but I do like the tropical drinks..." she suggests quietly.

close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 23:28:49 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona was cat-like in nature. He did things somewhat arbitrarily. So, it was perfect to just peel him off of the stage and take him out for a drink. A man who just could not say no or mind his own business.

”Thanks.”

He then curled the towel around his shoulders. The line at the drink vendor moved quickly, as did all of the vendor lines. Never before had people looked so much like a school of fish.

He'd ordered a black iced tea, and stepped aside with her. Siobhan noticed that he fell silent, and tried to prompt him to talk about drink preferences. The old adage hit the inside of his ear again: smoke like you've been here before. With a moment to regain his composure and put on a cat-like grin, he looked to her.

Their orders came out, a tall indigo drink in a plastic cup, and a completely transparent amber liquid with ice cubes in a plastic cup. Giona saw fit to make his way back to the counter, to fetch their orders for the two of them. He held out the two cups, looking to her.

"That sounds perfect. I just got one of these because... tea has vitamins in it that we need. Who knows how much of this stuff we've already managed to sweat out?"