1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 0:58:25 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It was time to test this fliers. And honestly, he didn’t know what it was but he always loved sky battles. Both watching the battle go down and participating in them. Even if he lost, there was something great about them.

The only hard thing was, who should be battle with first? Many of them don’t have that much battle experience. And although this wasn’t a tournament, it did reflect his imagine.

Warm colored orbs flickered over the sandy beach, waiting for his opponent to appear and lost deep within his own thoughts. Azula, his beloved six foot seven hell houndoom, stood proud by his side. High alert as always.

for at slateport beach. quickie! xD lets go!!!

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#71575D; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#71575D; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 1:35:57 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Like the parent of a spoiled child, half of Vic’s time in the tournament had been spent letting his Dragonite do just about anything he wanted. Punch a legendary pokémon to his heart’s content? He got it. Drag the rest of the team into a bloody and violent dodgeball game? No problem.
[break][break]
Well, honestly, that last one had been as much for Vic as it had been for Pez, but here’s the thing: Vic didn’t want to battle.
[break][break]
He absolutely didn’t. He had told himself he wouldn’t no matter how fun he knew it would be. And yet, here he was: battling. Since, unlike him Pez really wanted to battle. So, he compromised: maybe it would be fine, maybe if he just let the Dragonite do whatever he wanted and didn’t worry about how wrong his moveset was for this type of thing, it would be alright. It wouldn’t matter if he lost, he wouldn’t take it as seriously as he did in the past. Or, at least he would try.
[break][break]
”Hey! How’s it going?” Funnily enough, the trainers stood as if reflected images; one with a giant Houndoom beside him, the other with an Arcanine that was way over six foot tall at the withers. The Arcanine looked serious despite his wagging tail, and to match, the pink-haired man smiled with nonchalant cheerfulness. ”Wanna take the first move?”
[break][break]
Honestly, the Dragonite he called to the skies would have probably attacked the moment he saw his opponent with no care for decorum, but since none was there just yet, he just huffed, waiting.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | First move is yours!
[break](Promise the next ones will be shorter, openers get long hehe)
[break]Move hits if 50 or higher, misses if lower
[break]Adding total of hits determines winner

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxmm]font:12px roboto;--accent: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]··RJnGLWtF
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 20:54:23 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It didn’t take long for his opponent for today to appear. And to his surprise, he too had a massive canine creature by his side. Maverick wondered if Evo, this arcanine, would be covetous of this one. The creature was too proud for his own good. Surely, he would be anxious with his mate being around this fella. But that wasn’t what he was to focus on at that moment, it was time to battle.

“Hey,” he greeted in a friendly yet flat down, even giving him a small wave, “I’m good. Nice arcanine.” Maverick had too. There was something about the fiery beast he could not help but admire. “The name is Maverick.” It was in his instant to give his name, beaten into him to be proper that it. “And yeah, I can take first move.” Warm gaze flickered to the dragon who looked down upon them as though they were peasants. Mav stifled a chuckle, knowing damn well what this trainer was dealing with. It didn’t matter to Maverick though. Looks can always be deceiving.

Reaching into his pocket, the man plucked out a ball and released the creature within. The oddly colored talonflame stretched her wings out and let out a loud screeched before hovering above her trainer. Her beady eyes narrowed at this pathetic waste of creature that seemed to not know he was in the presence of molters’s daughter. He will learn quick enough.

Maverick moved a few feet away to give the creature plenty of room to fight even though he was sure the battle will be in the sky. “Alright Izumi, show me what you got.” The fire bird let out another screech when she was giving freedom to do what she pleased. Her pathetic human has no idea she only dealt with him because she was sure her father wanted her to learn something form him. The talonflame began by flapping her wings, creating a TAILWIND to give her extra speed. With her ability GALE WING, she was about to use it before she soared straight at the aragonite. Her wing took on a low glow, hoping to hit the creature with a solid STEEL WING.

for at slateport beach. lets goo! talonflame used tailwind and then steel wing!

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 13:36:12 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha! Thanks, his name is Nougat. Your Houndoom’s pretty cool too!”
[break][break]
Reaching up to pet his fluffy canine companion, Vic smiled, the Arcanine in turn wagging his tail happily in response to the gesture. Nougat had been Vic’s pokémon since he was ten years old, and as much as he adored battling, he was probably the most calm and obedient pokémon in his team – that is, of course, aside from his Dragapult. He just stood there, ever a good dog, a completely different story from the Dragonite flying above them all...
[break][break]
”Nice to meet ya, Maverick. I’m Vic!”
[break][break]
First of all, Pez didn’t see what the need was for all this chit chat, and when the Talonflame appeared in the skies before him, he just looked at her, huffing as if to imply he was unimpressed. He matched her Tailwind with a display of aerial acrobatics of his own in the form of a DRAGON DANCE, and although the Steel Wing came fast and hit his side before he could completely avoid it, he took the opportunity granted by the close distance between to quickly swing his whole body around and aim an AQUA TAIL at the fire bird.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]Pez is hit! He uses Dragon Dance & Aqua Tail
[break]Move hits if 50 or higher, misses if lower
[break]Adding total of hits determines winner

[BREAK][BREAK]

cbPQLHkp

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 19:55:38 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The duel type soared through the sky, her wings hard as steel in an attempt to hit the dragonite. To her surprise, she only manages to scrape the creature with her steel wing. But before she could get away or prepare herself for another attack, the large dragon whipped itself around. It’s tail cover in water. Azula’s eyes widen, thrusting her wings down hard in hopes to dodge the aqua tail.

She could almost feel the mist from the attack as she barely got enough distance away from it. “Nice dodge, use Flare Blitz!” The talonflame wasted no time, her body became engulfed in flames in the matter of seconds. And as she circled the dragon to get more speed, Izumi drove straight at the aragonite without any hesitation. Although she was close, landing a hit was still risky as she too would receive damage from such an impact.

tJd5k_Kw
1-49 miss, 50-100 hit

for at slateport beach. i forgot to roll. you should have told me. x.x talonflame uses flare blitz.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 9:11:28 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

The Dragonite swang his tail with as much strength as his body would allow when in such a position; water swirled around it as if a dancing blade. But, the Talonflame was swift, and she managed to avoid the attack at the very last second before it hit. Pez wasn’t too happy with this, and in response he rolled his eyes before steadying himself in the air with a few flaps of his wing.
[break][break]
”Oh! That was pretty good! Get her, Pez!”
[break][break]
The Dragon watched his opponent closely, preparing for an oncoming attack, but proud as he was, Pez didn’t move out of the way when the Flame Blitz came – only avoiding it by a hair (or by a scale?) at the last moment.
[break][break]
He bent backwards as if limbo dancing in the sky, and without wasting a single second, he tried to throw a quick electrified jab up towards the bird the moment she passed over his head. THUNDER PUNCH.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Thunder Punch can cause paralysis
[break]No worries about that first hit btw! I'll just count it as a flat 50 for you <3
[BREAK][BREAK]

Tm9ZgaUh

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 0:18:36 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The talonflame came in hot, body engulfed in ablaze. And just as she was about to slam into the dragon, it dodge. Her and her flaming body whizzed right pass him not even leaving a mark. She was quick to dip her wing, shifting direction on a dime. However, she wasn’t ready for the dragon to be on her so quick. Her eyes widen as the thunderous fist slammed into her side, knocking her off course and cause her to lose her flight pattern for a moment.

“Shake it off!”

Sparks skipped across her feathers as she regained her flight, eyes on her target. How dare he put a hand on Moltres’s daughter? He will burn in hell. Taking advance of this distance, the oddly colored talonflame flapped her wings hard. In the matter of seconds, a powerful gust of violent winds formed and hurled in its direction. She hoped that the HURRICANE would set the creature back a few pegs.

F2CRkjZT
1-49 miss, 50-100 hit

for at slateport beach. talonflame used hurricane.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 9:16:11 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

’Shake it off’.
[break][break]
The Dragonite seemed to almost grin when seeing his punch land, clearly satisfied with the effectiveness of the attack. While the Talonflame recovered, he also swiftly turned in the air, dark eyes setting on the bird and preparing for anything she might throw his way.
[break][break]
What she did throw was winds, and the Dragonite scoffed at this, appearing almost offended that for some reason this little chicken seemed to think she had more control over the skies than what he did. So, as if to mock her, he extended his own wings, batting them a few times in order to summon a HURRICANE under his own command.
[break][break]
”Pez…” Vic sighed, knowing very well the pokémon was probably just being petty by doing that.
[break][break]
Silly dragon.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Hurricane can cause confusion if you need the endeavor
[BREAK][BREAK]

XwwB1HW1

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:04:10 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The hurricanes collided in a bash of winds, fighting each other for domination. The oddly colored Talonflame soared into the lining of the two attacks, riding the winds using the hurricane to increase her speed even more. And when the two attack subsided, the fire bird flew straight at the dragon. Her wings took on a slow glow of steel, hoping to land a hit of STEEL WING on the stupid beast.

ZPs1nup5
1-49 miss, 50-100 hit

for at slateport beach. talonflame used steel wing. quick reply. hoping to finish this in time.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:59:29 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

For as much as the Dragonite may have thought this red chicken was silly and lame, there was no denying that the Talonflame could fly well. It masterfully rode the winds created by both Hurricanes, charging towards her opponent.
[break][break]
Thanks to the currents sweeping in all directions, he couldn’t avoid it.
[break][break]
The Steel Wing hit at full force, and while clenching his teeth, the Dragonite withstood – beating his powerful wings and refusing to allow the attack to knock him back too far. It pissed him off and as a result, a red aura began to glow over every single scale in his body.
[break][break]
Vic recognized it even from a distance.
[break][break]
”Oh, Arceus…”
[break][break]
There was nothing he could do, OUTRAGE overtaking as the Dragonite blindly attacked the Talonflame on a rampage.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Quickie! Dragonite uses OUTRAGE. Lasts 2 more posts.
[BREAK][BREAK]

sijHEzZH

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 18:31:37 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The talonflame slammed her steel wing into the dragon successfully, dipping her wing to circle around and admire the dragons expression. However, his expression wasn’t defeat like she hoped. Her eyes widen as the dragon suddenly became surrounded in a red angry aurora. Mav couldn’t help but let out a stiff chuckle, knowing what was going on. He even mumbled “better get going” to himself in amusement.

The dragon suddenly came at her in a blaze of fiery, she quickly flapped her wings as hard as she could to dodge his emotional rage. He was hot on her tail and she needed to get some distance before he got to her. In an attempt to separate them, Izumi shifts her direction and flaps her wings at the dragon. She hopes that creating a swirling whirlwind that will get her opponent off her feathers for a moment.

VXZ4dwz2
1-49 miss, 50-100 hit

for at slateport beach. talonflame used tailwind! quickie xD

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 20:24:58 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ah, sorry about that, he… kind of has a temper.” Vic chuckled, even though that was kind of putting it mildly when his Dragonite was currently rampaging in the skies up above.
[break][break]
Pez let out a powerful roar, red aura glowing more and more intense as he chased after the Talonflame as if this was his only life goal. And, honestly, at the moment it may have just been – OUTRAGE burning red and blinding him from everything else.
[break][break]
In his eyes, there was only the Talonflame, and in his mind, there were only thoughts about harming her.
[break][break]
Sorry Talonflame.
[break][break]
But, would he actually achieve anything when attacking while enraged?

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Quickie!
[break]Dragonite's OUTRAGE persists. Lasts 1 more posts.

[BREAK][BREAK]

5bco3_If

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 20:49:57 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The talonflame turned to use her tailwind to push the dragon away so she could break away from his destructive path. It failed. Her eyes widened as the creature roared with life, letting lose its outrage upon her. A sharp pain filled her entire body, wings went lifeless and collapsed on her. With no wings to keep her afloat, she fell to the earth. Her body hit the ground with a thud, sand plumbed up from the sudden force. Maverick winced, brow rose wondering if she was down for the count.

The sand settled on the flatten lump of feathers that laid almost lifeless in the sand. The only indication she was still alive was the ridged rise and fall of her chest cavity. Maverick remained silent for a moment, only watching to see if she was out. But just as he was about to recall her, she began to slowly get to her talons. Part of him was relieved, thinking that she might have taken so much damage that she was dead. The other part was irritated that she let that happen to her.

Maverick let out a sigh, ready to recall his creature. Talonflame wasn’t done let. Despite the pain that hinder her movements, she shook off the sand. Her body then becomes surrounded in an orb of energy, regaining some of health while she could. Her beady eyes glared at the dragon, hoping that his outrage would confuse him and be unable to find her while she recovers on health.

pUHMISnI
1-49 miss, 50-100 hit

for at slateport beach. talonflame used roost! quickie! half distracted, sorry.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 16:04:36 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Pez wasn’t the kind of pokémon who was very fond of playing or joking around, much less when under the effects of OUTRAGE.
[break][break]
He took things seriously, and his desire to harm the Talonflame was serious indeed – the Dragonite following after her when she fell from the skies, landing heavily onto the sand. His gaze met hers and in it, there was nothing but hatred.
[break][break]
Nothing Vic could say would stop him, and this the trainer knew well, being left unable to do anything but watch as the Dragonite aimed to strike the fallen bird with a heavy swing of his tail.
[break][break]
But the effects of the Outrage were also beginning to show, and the dragon’s body swayed lightly thanks to the increasing CONFUSION.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Quickie!
[break]One last Outrage hit! Pez is now confused

[BREAK][BREAK]
[break]MAV'S CURRENT HIT TOTAL: 228 (Include first 50)
[break]VIC'S CURRENT HIT TOTAL: 214 (Include this roll)
[BREAK][BREAK]

55EDYGSl

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
maverick vs vic [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:00:31 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

The talonflame tried to take the time to recover, but the dragonite just wasn’t having it. It came crashing down on her, squishing her into the earth. Maverick flinched as if he could feel the pain, watching his talonflame closely to see if she was done. But to his surprise, she slowly got to her feet once again. The scared male bite his lips, brow scrunched. Did she really want to continued?

Her wings opened, lifting her off the ground. Anyone with eyes could see her whining at the pain the pulsed through her whole body. But, she wasn’t done. In her last and final attempt to win, her body became surrounded in flames. She dove at the dragonite, attempting to FLARE BLITZ the dragon. However, she was very weak and on the verge of fainting. If anything, she would faint before even getting to her opponent.

BBGzu3vM
1-49 miss, 50-100 hit

for at slateport beach. talonflame used flare blitz about to pass out! quickie! turn it in on your reply! thanks for the battle! it was a lot of fun!