saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS & VIC VS NPCS (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2021 14:49:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias stretches, preparing himself for the game of capture the flag that, for whatever reason, feels more competitive than the rest of the tournament.

looking to his partner, he asks:

"alright. what's the play here?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 13:37:40 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Capture the flag was the name of the game, and although Vic didn’t really know his teammate this time around, he was as excited as one could be as he stood at the arena. Hell yeah! This was going to be awesome! He really liked battles, don’t get him wrong, but there was just something different and fun about being able to "fight" side-by-side with his pokémon.
[break][break]
”Hmm… Best defense is a good offense? How does that sound?” Vic smirked. He had never been the type of guy to play it defensive, after all, since he was way too impatient for things of that sort. His pokémon though… well, the Altaria that he soon called to his side would have probably preferred to take things easy all the time, but he sure could do attacking if he was asked to attack.
[break][break]
”I’m Vic, by the way!”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | First move is yours hehe
[break]✔ Endeavor: Participate in a tag battle

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxmm]font:12px roboto;--accent: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 11:17:11 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias mirrors the smirk.

"i like that. and i'm matias."

a pokeball pops open, revealing a bouncy hitmonlee.

"i think we can just run straight at them."

he points right down the middle at the flag on the other end of the battlefield. stood next to it are their opponents: a tauros and a miltank.

"or we take the side approach."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 11:43:50 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Looking in the direction Matias pointed towards, Vic watches both the Tauros and the Miltank. The Hitmonlee could probably make quick work out of both those pokémon, fighting type as he is, but they also have no idea what else their opponents had brought with them...
[break][break]
”We could split it; distract them while Cotton here flies overhead and grabs the flag…” Of course, he means the Altaria who now circled over them.
[break][break]
”...Though, I guess that wouldn’t be as fun, huh?”
[break][break]
Too bad that while they’re distracted discussing all this, the Tauros charges forward at top speed, aiming a Giga Impact towards them. Apparently, this pokémon also wasn’t much for playing defense.
[break][break]
”Oh… Shit.” In a split second, without waiting for a command, the Altaria attempted to intercept with Take Down.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Gimme that sweet sweet recoil dmg
[BREAK]
Move successful if over 50?
[BREAK][BREAK]
suNjmawn

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 15:32:43 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"alright guess the match's started."

sneaky tauros.

taking off into a run, matias is forced off to the side to avoid the commotion in the middle. hitmonlee follows close behind, but soon leaps ahead to deliver a swift BLAZE KICK to the miltank that looked to intercept.

[attr="class","noodles"]Hwt9j6qZ

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 4:17:58 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Moving fast, the Altaria somehow manages to intercept the Tauros’ attack, but waves of pain hit him the moment both pokémon collide, sending the bird rolling off dramatically before he is able to shake it all off and return to the skies.
[break][break]
"Woah, Cotton, you okay?"
[break][break]
On the ground, things aren’t looking too great either.
[break][break]
Fate (or rather the luck of the dice) is merciless and cruel, and it obviously doesn’t care for type advantages and all that.
[break][break]
So much for ‘the Hitmonlee could probably make quick work out of both those pokémon’, huh? The Miltank had easily avoided their attack.
[break][break]
Good thing the Altaria was there to aim a DRAGON BREATH at this same pokémon the moment he recovered from the recoil of his own attack.
[break][break]
...Or not a good thing?
[break][break]
We’ll see!

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]✔ Endeavor: Sustain recoil damage
[BREAK][BREAK]
XPe_2BUv

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 14:50:46 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]hey, it isn't the hitmonlee's fault noodles is rolling really low.

the BLAZE KICK misses the miltank which allows it to easily counter with a BODY SLAM. hitmonlee's slammed into the ground, body tensing from the pain. but he's done his job.

matias continues running, shooting past the fighting to head towards the other end. he'll inevitably run into their trainer but he hopes he's speedy enough to outrun them. and if he's not, then he could simply run into them.

"keep up, vic!"

hitmonlee keeps the miltank occupied with a BRICK BEAK from the ground.

meanwhile, the altaria's DRAGON BREATH misses completely.

[attr="class","noodles"]vUn9qEK7

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 3:41:30 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Looks like the dice doesn’t like excuses. Or, maybe it just has it out for us?
[break][break]
Maybe, normal types actually got an incredible overnight upgrade and that’s why a Miltank is now mopping the floor with poor Hitmonlee...
[break][break]
The Altaria tries to help, but in a cruel twist of fate, for some reason it doesn’t have any attacks that won’t harm his allies if nearby, choosing to do the next best thing and use a SAFEGUARD on himself and the Hitmonlee before pecking the Miltank to try distract it (like… actual bird pecking, not the attack).
[break][break]
Meanwhile, the Tauros that had been put out of commission for a moment thanks to his Giga Impact is now shaking off the exhaustion and ready to attack, but instead of going for the other pokémon, the target it chooses is the guy running for their flag.
[break][break]
”Matias! Behind you!” Vic warns, running after the pokémon.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Sorry Matias ily, just trying to make things more fun hehe

[BREAK][BREAK]
z6tkOCEC

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 11:12:09 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias peers over his shoulder.

"holy—"

the tauros charges straight at him, ready to make a GIGA IMPACT on matias' life.

hitmonlee struggles in the distance but attempts to summon a WIDE GUARD to keep his trainer alive regardless.

vic what the fuck.

[attr="class","noodles"]kwpE4ZeB

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 11:32:07 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Hey now, leave Vic out of it, at least he warned Matias!
[break][break]
What else is he supposed to do, huh?!
[break][break]
Actually… When the Tauros readies a second Giga Impact, Vic’s eyes widen in horror, turning to his Altaria who is still preoccupied with the Miltank. ”Cotton! The Tauros!”
[break][break]
And, on the bright side, at least the pokémon is quick to act, the image of a full moon appearing in the sky for just a couple of seconds before the Tauros is hit with a MOONBLAST. Hopefully, that would do some damage, or at least distract it and get it to focus its attention on one of the pokémon instead of on Matias.
[break][break]
”Dude! Are you alright?!” Vic asks when he catches up.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | TO THE RESCUE!!!

[BREAK][BREAK]
c0MdLEY1

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 11:21:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the WIDE GUARD cracks under the pressure, allowing the tauros to break through. hearing this, matias does what feels most instinctual and leaps off to the side, eating dirt and sand as he skids across the ground.

but thankfully, he's safe. he sees the MOONBLAST sending the tauros off to the side, tripping it up.

looking up at vic, matias laughs.

"vic bud you're a fucking hero. come on, help me up."

looking over vic's shoulder, he sees their opponents closing in on their flag.

"oh shit we gotta move!"

zoom zoom they go.

[attr="class","noodles"]tz3K1A72

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 9:16:39 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha! Nah, man, that was all my Altaria,” Vic laughs as he helps Matias up, and for a second, it seems as if things will be fine. After being hit by such a strong Moonblast (Vic didn’t even know his Altaria could use attacks that powerful, honestly) the Tauros is pretty much out of commission for the time being, leaving them with only the Miltank and the trainers to deal with. It would be easy!
[break][break]
Except that the calm only lasts a second, and then it’s back to the same ol’ chaos.
[break][break]
”Cotton, try and stop them! I’ll go for their flag.” Vic says without even waiting for a reply, realizing that if they don't divide and conquer there is probably no way to win this game fast.
[break][break]
The Altaria, ever obedient, does as instructed, SINGING to try putting their opponents to sleep (Miltank included?).

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[BREAK][BREAK]
XwwB1HW1

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:11:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]divide and conquer.

"go on, vic!"

vic had his back and now it's time to repay the favor.

matias turns, sprinting back in the direction of their flag. his hitmonlee's springing off the ground to throw a HIGH JUMP KICK at the miltank, sending it off to the side. but that only leaves the trainer clear.

it's all up to vic to get there before the other does.

[attr="class","noodles"]Sg4EZk3p

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 23:05:55 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Maybe Vic’s whole life had prepared him for this moment. He used to run in the track team. He was in the soccer team (read: football, but he’s a filthy Unovan) in both high school and university. And, hell, he even goes jogging pretty much every morning!
[break][break]
Vic is pretty good at running, and so he runs towards the other team’s flag. But, there’s only so much running can do when a stubborn pokémon is chasing after you.
[break][break]
Yes, the Miltank is beaten and probably asleep, but Tauros is back up, and having shaken off the shock from all the damage the Moonblast caused, it charges towards Vic when seeing him going for the flag. Just like it did with Matias.
[break][break]
The Altaria, seeing this, lets out a cry, trying to use DRAGON BREATH to paralyze the Tauros and stop it in its tracks.
[break][break]
Looks like we’re even now.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | RIP! Paralysis only if over 70 bc I hate myself
[BREAK][BREAK]
zAMQ|46m

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 13:05:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]if only matias could do something. well, he could, given how springy his hitmonlee is. the fighting-type could probably leap and close the distance within seconds, but he has a feeling his help won't be needed.

and he's right.

the DRAGON BREATH travels, paralyzing the tauros just before it could reach vic.

and with that, the game should be secured.

"hell yeah!"

[attr="class","noodles"]