milky

basil, benji
he/him
august 25
tellur town, ferrum
greysexual
florist
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
16 posts
part of
TAG WITH @basil
basil belmont
my heart [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 19:27:40 GMT
basil belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","basil"]
[attr="class","top"]

ordinarily, basil was not the type to go out. not, at least, if he could help it. that might have been considered ironic, considering his profession but...

[break][break] he was trying.

[break][break] usually if he could order the supplies for the store online, he did. it was a little bit more money, but worth it in the long run. at least, that's what he thought...

[break][break] basil was standing in the middle of BAYLEAFS, a local homegoods store that also sold relatively cheap garden supplies. he stared down at the bag of soil on the lowest rack, biting his bottom lip. maybe he should've gotten to help out. was too far away...

[break][break] he glanced around, wondering if he should ask someone for help. "ah - " he said to one passerby, but they seemed to ignore him, walking straight past him. the boy's face flushed red.

[break][break] what was he going to do now?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break] EMPLOYEMENT: ACT I

[newclass=".basil"]--accent:#ffa29c; [/newclass]

[newclass=".basil blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".basil blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".basil .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".basil .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".basil .ooc span"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
my heart [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 21:18:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","milkybox"]
[attr="class","top"]
Caleb didn't really work here, per se, but Caleb also didn't really work anywhere, at least not on a permanent basis. She drifted from open position to open position as they opened up, funding her rather minimal bills and meal costs well enough for her to be mostly left alone. It wasn't so bad, really. She enjoyed it, and she figured that eventually, she'd find one that she really liked. At least, that was how she was told being an adult worked.

So far, no dice.

Oh yeah, but anyway -- Caleb didn't really work here, per se, but that hadn't stopped her from somehow wearing the same color scheme as the employees of the place. It was something that probably wouldn't catch anyone else's attention, but she realized her mistake immediately upon entering the store. The entire time she wandered around, looking at the plants and the dirts and the different flavors of wood sliced up all neatly on their little shelves, like giant pieces of tasty wood jerky in their little bins for the next 29 foot tall shopper to snack on. Cold sweat lined her brow and stickied her palms as she waited, just waited, for someone to reach out and ask her for help, or for directions, or for something else that she could never in her grandest dreams provide them with. The stress made her shirt stick to the small of her back, and her gaze stick to the floor whenever passing by another person.

It happened, though, as much as she dreaded it, as much as she was sure it wouldn't happen if she was this aware and prepared for it, that was always the case, wasn't it?, but she knew as she brushed past some form -- she hadn't even particularly perceived him, really, busy as she was with her thoughts about clothes, and jobs versus a job, and work verus work. She heard the noise, the universal sound of 'Hey, you there! The help! Get over here and serve me!', the retail employee reflex, the spin of her head and the hair 'round her shoulders after she realized she'd ignored someone.

She didn't really work here, right, in the way she didn't work anywhere, but was that any reason to ignore or to besmirch the reputation of some little home goods store? Probably not.

"Yeah?" She blurted, louder than she expected, and she chided herself when she heard her own voice, the same way she often did. "Yeah?" This time, it was repeated, but in a quieter way, and her face grew red and her hand flew up to stop her brains and her eyes from falling out the back of her skull, scratching at an itch that wasn't there moments before. "Can I help you?" The words came out too quick, a force of habit, programming by corporations hardwiring her mouth to the politeness required by those serving others.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".milkybox"]--accent:#7a31c7; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".milkybox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".milkybox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.milkybox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.milkybox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

basil, benji
he/him
august 25
tellur town, ferrum
greysexual
florist
civilian
awards
16 posts
part of
TAG WITH @basil
basil belmont
my heart [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 21:31:17 GMT
basil belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","basil"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah?"

[break][break] the words brought a mixture of relief and fear into the teenager's gaze. relief because someone had heard him, even though he hadn't spoken up all that much. and then fear because he realized someone was talking to him.

[break][break] oh arceus, what was he going to do?

[break][break] no, he reminded himself. this was her job. this wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience. definitely. he tried to imagine if someone had come into his shop to ask him what to do. he wouldn't feel burdened by it, because that's what the shop was for.

[break][break] sweaty clung to his palms as he wrung the bottom of his shirt anxiously. he bit his lip. "i - um - " his eyes shifted, nervously, to the large 40lb bag of soil that was on the ground. he looked down at the shorter girl, cheeks blooming strawberry hues. "c-can you help me? t-the bag's a little heavy..."

[break][break] next to him, he gestured to his cart.

[break][break] sure, he might have been taller than her but in general, basil belmont was a pale, skinny fellow. he didn't have the athletic build of his siblings @kiara or .

[break][break] "m-maybe we can do it together...?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".basil blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".basil blockquote b, .basil blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".basil .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".basil .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
my heart [m]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2021 22:11:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
Despite herself, the immediate burden of what she'd taken on weighed on her shoulders and showed, unadulterated, upon her face. This dude wanted her to help him lift some dirt up? She didn't even work here. Was he serious? That was kind of the train of thought that her caboose of a brain latched onto, but in the end she was still the conductor, she was still the one crashing into oncoming traffic, on purpose, this was nothing fate or employment had put in her way. She'd responded, and she had to eat the cake, so to speak.

"I actual... yeah, sure." It'd be more work to explain to this obviously confused individual the whole situation, her whole thought process behind dressing like this and going to a store, her whole deal in general. It wouldn't be hard to just help him out, pull the stuff up, get it in his cart for him. She could do it. She pushed her sleeves back a little, along with her attitude. It cost nothing to be nice, and she was okay. She had nothing better to do, and no one knew that better than her (and this guy, apparantly).

She assumed the party position by shifting herself to have her legs braced on both sides, just like in all of those training videos she'd texted her way through, in all those 6x5 break rooms with a single PC with which to finish your company mandated training. Lift with your buddy, not your body, or something to that effect, she could ace those multiple choice questions without even trying, and she had.

For the first time she made real eye contact, up through her blonde bangs, ready to take on the world and this bag.

"Ready when you are."

[newclass=".milkybox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".milkybox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.milkybox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.milkybox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

basil, benji
he/him
august 25
tellur town, ferrum
greysexual
florist
civilian
awards
16 posts
part of
TAG WITH @basil
basil belmont
my heart [m]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 5:19:46 GMT
basil belmont Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","basil"]
[attr="class","top"]

...? Was it just him or did she seem less than enthusiastic? No, he told himself. That was just his anxiety... probably. Why wouldn't she want to help him?

[break][break] His eyes shifted towards the soil bag once more. He supposed he could try and lift it on his own... but... his thoughts immediately drifted to @kiara who had told him not that long ago that he should take care of himself better.

[break][break] Even so, Basil shifts his nervous gaze to the blond, wondering if maybe he should take back his words. However, it was like a roller coaster that he couldn't get off of — he's already asked, it would be way too awkward to take it back.

[break][break] Would it?

[break][break] His fingers twist together.

[break][break] She is hunched over, looking up at him between her bangs. He flushes. "I - um - sorry, I mean! You don't have to... if you don't want to..."

[break][break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".basil blockquote b, .basil blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
my heart [m]
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 2:28:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","top"]
The heat rose in her cheeks as she saw his reaction. Was he about to cry? More importantly, it seemed like he didn't really intend to help. For one thing, the way his hands tied themselves in knots, they weren't untangling anytime soon to grasp the other corners. Really, this wasn't even that big of a bag... she could handle it alone, yeah, definitely. Her back might have something to say about it tomorrow, but she was down to do anything, anything to make this interaction go the least bit smoother.[break]
her desire to not cause problems was in fact, causing problems. It was a classic mistake, one she couldn't believe she'd stepped into. Using every bit of workout knowledge from her numerous brothers, knowledge she'd thought her brain had long paved over, her legs shifted and she bent all the way down, and rather than picking the bag up at one end, like to share, she grabbed it by the middle.[break]
If this bag of dirt split, right here, right now, she would have screamed. Thankfully the bag went on top of the cart easily, and despite herself, she raised an arm to wipe at her brow. It was only one bag, hardly a workout, but taking into account all the emotional exercise she was doing, here... The words tumbled out of her mouth before she could stop them.[break]
"Whatcha need all this dirt for, anyway?"