Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
Vic vs Silph vs NPCs [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 22:38:06 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It could be said that battle had a very broad definition when it came to the Hoenn Star Tournament. All over Slateport beach, people took part in all sorts of strange challenges and performed crazy tasks, and this was no different when speaking of those who favoured water as their battleground.
[break][break]
Near the beach, above the gentle waves of the low tide, a floating platform had been set up, as if a square frame over a natural underwater arena. A trainer stood at each of the four corners, a pokémon in the water nearby. This, unlike many others, was not that strange of a challenge, but experience was a great teacher, and experience taught Vic that things like these could turn to chaos way too easily...
[break][break]
Right before the battle began, he looked to his left, noticing a boy in shorts and a sunhat who for some reason was carrying with him a bug net. Before him, in the water, a small Wimpod somehow swam in circles, and not that far from it there sat a tired-looking Slowpoke. Wait… two Slowpoke?! No, a Slowpoke and a man fully decked out in pink Slowpoke merch (even including a silly hat and a tail).
[break][break]
That was… a bit weird.
[break][break]
Didn’t he get hot wearing all that in this weather?!
[break][break]
Too bad that Vic was so distracted by the sight of the Poké Maniac that he didn’t notice that no other than was his last opponent.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ Hope this is okay!!! First move is yours ♡
[break]Have a Bug Catcher and a Poké Maniac hehe
[break]✔ Endeavor: Participate in a battle royal

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxmm]font:12px roboto;--accent: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #E27795;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 11:54:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VIC VS SILPH VS NPCS

A FISHY START TO A TOTAL WASH OUT

FERNANDO GRACES THESE CHALLENGES WITH IMMENSE HUMILITY. His title as CEO, ex-Councilman, Gym Leader, the one responsible for disbanding Team Rocket–they have zero value in the battlefield. A white sun visor covers his crown as he takes his spot on the platform.

Got a surprise for you today,” he opens with small talk, familiar with the other two Pokemon he’s seen so far. “One of those rare Galarian Pokemon.

The embargo with Galar has long been dismissed–easily a year ago–but their native Pokemon have yet to make a stronghold in the region. They’re imported as novelties choice between trainers but their exotic nature makes them hard to predict and counter.

Luckily, Fernando’s just as familiar with his Pokemon as his opponents are. A Barraskewda fills the beach water below, swimming in place as it makes eye contact with nearby Pokemon. It stares at them with LASER FOCUS, a borne predator ready to hunt.

Meanwhile, it’s trainer looks over its Pokedex entry, reading over an improved list of moves it might know.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2021 13:15:03 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Oh, right… Galarian pokémon had been banned or whatever in Hoenn for a while, huh? Vic is sure he had read about that somewhere, but since it happened right before he arrived at the region, he hadn’t really paid much attention. It is kind of weird to think about though, since he himself had spent like five years of his life at Galar, studying at Hammerlocke University.
[break][break]
”Oh! Is that a Barraskewda? He’s so cute!” Most people probably wouldn’t call such a pokémon cute, but Vic has always been weird about things like those.
[break][break]
This in itself also causes him to be distracted the moment the battle begins though, the pink-haired man finding himself watching the Galarian fish just as the Slowpoke charges beneath the waves, headed directly to headbutt it.
[break][break]
Above, in the sky, clouds begin to form, the result of a RAIN DANCE used by the Kingdra from the deep, out of what was mostly habit alone. Would that even do anything underwater? Maybe, maybe not! But it would probably double the speed of the Swift Swim pokémon, and it would probably also be really annoying for the trainers above the water...
[break][break]
”Oh, come on!” With a sigh, Vic raises a hand in a poor attempt to protect himself from the drizzle.
[break][break]
Now, where the heck was that Wimpod?!

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[BREAK]TL;DR: Slowpoke tries to headbutt the Barraskewda, Kingdra uses Rain Dance because Azul wants to clear endeavors hehe

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#DD797C; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#DD797C; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 2:32:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VIC VS SILPH VS NPCS

THE ONSET OF RAIN EMPOWERS THE BARRASKEWDA. It slides through the water as if it were air, a perfect AQUA JET in a display of SWIFT SWIMMING. It meets the HEADBUTT head on, FLINCHING as its pointed head makes contact with the Slowpoke.

Having gotten used to the frequent weather changing moves present during the tournament, Fernando minds little. His lack of clothing on the beach makes getting wet a non-issue. Rain drops smear his Pokedex screen as he thumbs down to scroll.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 9:16:58 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Also being quite the SWIFT SWIMMER, the Kingdra is as if a blur in the deep, dashing through the waters in order to avoid opponents and find a vantage position in the arena. At the seabed, he notices the Wimpod, and before the small bug type can figure out what is happening, he raises a SMOKESCREEN that darkens their surroundings. Then, he strikes with DRAGON BREATH, aiming to paralyze its target.
[break][break]
Vic’s Kingdra is not a battle trained pokémon, but he is (perhaps this being mostly unbeknownst to his trainer) quite an effective hunter, and hunting is, in many ways, a bit like battling. Or at least it is for as long as he has the advantage.
[break][break]
Would that last?
[break][break]
Unlikely.
[break][break]
While all this happens, the Slowpoke continues to pester the Barraskewda.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Sorry for the shorter post ;-;

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 3:52:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VIC VS SILPH VS NPCS

THE GALARIAN FISH HAS NO TIME FOR THE KANTONIAN DOLT. An annoyed THROAT CHOP from the Barracuda’s head puts an end to the Slowpoke’s antics. Watching it flail about as it struggles to exhale leaves the fish to move onto the other combatants.

It turns its attention to the Kingdra, the largest between the four of them, and namely it’s biggest rival. The fish makes eye contact and dart directly for it, a set torpedo with the power of an AQUA JET behind it.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 7:38:54 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Of course someone just had to bring in the priority moves...
[break][break]
The Kingdra was having a good ol’ time stalking its prey, the poor little Wimpod finding itself paralyzed and at the mercy of a giant seahorse who is arguably rather merciless. He swam a circle around the bug, shooting a highly pressurized HYDRO PUMP at it just to see how it would react and if he would avoid the attack.
[break][break]
He likes to play with his food, like some weird underwater feline.
[break][break]
Sadly, the Wimpod’s reaction won’t be privy to us, because suddenly and unexpectedly, like Caesar getting stabbed in the middle of a senate meeting at the Theatre of Pompey, he's being attacked from behind.
[break][break]
Et tu, Fernando?
[break][break]
Not cool!
[break][break]
Of course, this is a battle royale, but let’s ignore that fact.
[break][break]
Wincing in pain, the Kingdra is thrown towards the seabed by the force of the attack, turning a mere few seconds before hitting the ground and facing the Barraskewda with a DRAGON BREATH just like the one that had been used to paralyze the bug.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:13:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VIC VS SILPH VS NPCS

IT’S NOT THE SMELL OF THE DRAGON’S BREATH THAT PETRIFIES THE FISH. Well, that’s not the excuse the Barraskewda relies on. But more important matters are at hand as the Pokemon’s gill seize up from the PARALYSIS. Bubble stream out from open pores and the angry fish glares at the Kingdra.

Moments pass and the Pokemon seems to have regained some means of motor control. It plunges straight for the Kingdra, gathering water as it tries to LIQUIDATION through the Pokemon’s defensive scales.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:13:48 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Maybe Kingdra could really use some breath mints.
[break][break]
Or maybe not, since apparently the Barraskewda is able to move just fine for now. Damn you, paralysis! Useless!
[break][break]
Over the surface, rain continues to fall, and this sure has an effect on the power of the Barraskewda’s LIQUIDATION. It may have only tickled the Kingdra otherwise, but now it’s powerful enough to annoy him, and the Dragon Pokémon is quick to retaliate:
[break][break]
His body is suddenly surrounded in light, quite literally glowing, and in a matter of seconds, this light expands over the arena in the form of a DRAGON PULSE.
[break][break]
Now all the pokémon here would suffer because of Fernando’s fish. Too bad.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 4:18:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

VIC VS SILPH VS NPCS

DRAGON PULSE PLAGUES THIS OCEAN LIKE LAST MINUTE HST THREADS IN MOD REQS. But here, no one will hear Spiral scream. Only Fernando’s Barraskewda will know that terror as it freezes. As it tries to turn around its muscles clench, an after effect of its PARALYSIS.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 4:38:01 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Ah, so this is what a Spiral shitpost looks like, what a beautiful sight.
[break][break]
A sight as beautiful as Vic’s Kingdra swiftly swimming through the water, its crimson gaze fixing on the Barraskewda. This damn fish thought it was so cool, huh? Well, Kingdra was about to serve himself some fish fillet, because Fernando’s precious Galarian fish was paralyzed, and the water dragon wasn’t about to let the chance go to waste.
[break][break]
Would he HYDRO PUMP it in the face? Yeah, he totally shot a Hydro Pump at its stupid fish face.
[break][break]
Fernando’s pokémon?
[break][break]
No, how about we add it to the Nando’s menu instead?

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | idk what this post is, im so tired, send help

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2021 10:15:13 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]H✩T BATTLE INCOMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: