Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 15:24:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Dropplets of water rolled down the youth's frame as he stepped out of the sea water with a broad smile, waving and hailing a man in the distance as he readjusted his hat, his head shaking sharply to send salt water flying about before he brought his fingers together behind his neck.

"Oi! Yer... , right?" The youth said, "We met at 's recent contest. 'Member me?"

Given that he was not wearing his costume nor speaking in a grandiose, exaggerated fashion-

A familiar, heavily armored Golisopod broke the water's surface a moment later, shaking off the salt water as she followed behind her trainer, waving at Sam casually.

The youth walked over the beach until he reached a large umbrella planted unto the sand, grabbing the towel hidden underneath its shadow and using it to dry up his hair before looking at the man.

"Have ya been enjoying the festival? Mr. Silph and the rest put a lot o' work into it, huh?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 15:29:26 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
Walking along the beach during the festival wasn't a shock. Sam enjoyed the sun even if his usually pale skin stated otherwise. See, the trick was, he liked the sun but not a hat. So cue the hoodie that was pulled over his head and hid most of his tattoos from sight.

Doug's voice had him turning and blinking curiously. He made his way over with a small smile.

"I remember you," an eidetic memory paying off. "It's good to see you and yours are doing well."

He gave a small wave to the golisopod before pushing his hands into his pockets.

"Sign up for any battles at the tent?"

Some prefered more authentic battles, some prefered signing up. Others just ... showed up and decided to wing it. Sam was currently between battles, enjoying the sun.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 16:33:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"'Ey, thanks! Likewise!" The youth said with a grin, throwing his towel atop his Golisopod's head and drawing an undignified sqwack out of her before he began to scrubbing her plate armor clean, tongue sticking out of his lip.

"Haven't swung by the tent today, nah!" Doug said as he pulled away the towel, grinning at his reflection before turning his gaze back to . "Been taking it lazy today. Why? Ya wanna go?"

The youth threw an arm atop his Golisopod, who crossed her arms and tilted her head in askance at Sam.

"Kira'ere is always ready for a beach rumble!" Doug assured the man with a wink.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 17:00:00 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
The wink left Sam unbothered. People winked, he didn't think twice about it. Not unless it was a painfully obvious or totally out of the blue wink. Then they meant something and it left Sam feeling itchy and confused.

Doug's wink was just a wink, but he agreed, With a shift, he pulled a capsule from his hoodie's pocket and threw out his noctowl. Her small screech resounded in the air as she descended to the beach and landed on the sand. She twisted her head around, looking at the golisopod while her back faced him.

Was she being creepy? Yeah. Why? Because it was fun.

"I wouldn't mind a rumble."

This guy had caused the destruction of his castle, along with many others, during that silly contest. So yeah, Sam wouldn't mind a little playful revenge.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 17:28:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
And he would do it again too, if given the chance!

"Oh, a Noctowl! Been a while since I last saw one o'those." Doug mentioned as he bent down and fiddled with a bag under the shade, pulling out a nearly 10-year old kantonian pokedex model.

He hummed for a second as the machine rattled out some funny info on the flyer, before pocketing the device slapping his pokemon in the back.

"Awright love, get in there and show your stuff- don't worry, Zac ain't 'ere to be all-biome 'bout it!" He said with a grin, before sweeping his arm towards and his Noctowl, grinning at them. "You two ready?"

With those words, the Golisopod moved to stand before her trainer, arms unfolding and moving to her sides as her posture lowered.

"It's a battle, then!" Doug said, swinging his arm towards them. "Get in there, Kira! Make a lasting First Impression!"

The Golisopod's eyes flashed with a dull, cyan light before she sudden launched forth, large spouts of sand rising in the air as she kicked off, proving rather swift despite her bulky exterior and closing the distance between herself and the Noctowl in the blink of an eye.

Sunlight gleamed off her large claw as she took a swing at the Noctowl's chest!

-Golisopod used First Impression!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 17:41:58 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
In the blink of an eye the battle started and that golisopod was headed straight for them. Sam didn't budge, and instead, watched as his noctowl took the hit like a champion.

"There'll be more like that, get ready."

Sam's cue had the noctowl flying into the air after being hit in the chest, eyes glowing a bright red as a REFLECT coated her body. She began circling then, ready for her next move.

"First Impression, huh? A predictable move." Sam sassed to Doug. "You're not going to be this predictable the whole battle, are you?"

There was something about Doug that had Sam oddly cocky.

//NOTES
NOCTOWL used REFLECT
REFLECT turn 1/5
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2021 17:49:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
The youth laughed off the sass, crossing his arms over his chest while grinning wide.

"Shouldn't we at least dodge something 'fore callin' somethin' predictable?" He asked the man, before swinging his arms up dramatically, seemingly cupping the sun in the sky as he tightened it into a fist. "But well enough! Just for ya, we'll pull out the ol' bag o'tricks!"

The Golisopod leapt back as the youth said this, her hand grasping the youth's Umbrella before suddenly chucking it high in the air. As it reached the apex of its ascent, it quickly slowed down as it caught wind under its 'wing', casting a shadow over the sand...

Which suited the Golisopod well as it raised its trembling claw in the sky.

Both the large shadow casted by the umbrella, as well as the Noctowl's own shadows casted upon the sand seemed to gain mass as they suddenly stretched up towards the flier like shadowy spears, intent on taking smashing the bird off the sky.

-Golisopod used Shadow Claw!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2021 22:09:09 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"keep true."

not only was sam confident in his words, but his expression overall was incredibly cocky. that shadow claw wouldn't do a single thing to the dual type, thanks to the flying and normal typing of the noctowl. ghost type wasn't effective at all.

the shadows never made fall because they couldn't and with that, her opening. with a sharp thrust of her wings forward, an AIR SLASH was aimed right at the golisopod.

"...i'm a little underwhelmed, mr. sullivan."

cue sam's sassiest smirk.

//NOTES
NOCTOWL uses AIR SLASH
REFLECT turn 2/5
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 0:48:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"I just used m'pokedex on yer Noctowl, Mister." The youth pointed out at the man, grinning.

The shadow swept past the Noctowl harmlessly, seemingly unable to touch it as it went through, completely inneffective.

And kept going up.

"Why would I need the umbrella if I thought Noctowl's own shadow was enough anyway?"

The spike stabbed into the large beach umbrella flying over head, hooking into it- before yanking it back.

A larger shadow was cast upon the owl as the large umbrella was yanked back towards it, trying to catch it in its span and pull it down to the sand.

As it did, the Golisopod raised its arm, the humidity in the air condensing into a blade of water swiftly before it swung it with trained precision, parrying the cutting wind as it would an enemy's blade before bringing it swinging towards the Noctowl with a flourish, an arch of cutting, pressurized water flying out.

-Golisopod's Shadow Claw grabbed onto the flying umbrella, pulling it to try and catch the Noctowl from behind and pull it down to earth.
-Golisopod used Razor Shell!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 0:59:59 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"...isn't that cheating?"

it wasn't an official match, so sam kept his complaints mostly to himself. he instead watched as his noctowl was grounded, but she didn't kick up as much of a fuss as expected.

"knock it back."

her calm demeanor was a reflection of sam's own calm. no use in panicking if it wasn't a life or death situation. and treating every battle as such was ridiculous.

at her trainer's command, she sent a mental attack on the golisopod, EXTRASENSORY causing a great discomfort. and hopefully it would be enough to get the thing to back off.

//NOTES
NOCTOWL uses EXTRASENSORY in an attempt FLINCH
REFLECT turn 3/5
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 1:08:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Doug merely tilted his head at the man.

"Not really, no." He said bluntly. There were no rules with using the environment, natural or not; there were some rules against bringing weaponry, though only as far as it was planned and clearly of human manufacture.

It was why he allowed people to use the trenches and sangbags as they pleased during his challenge.

"Now that she's down to our level- keep her there!" The youth ordered with a swing of the arm as a wave of nausea washed over the Golisopod, her focus weavering and prompting the shadows to sink back into the floor as the extrasensory made her vision blur...

But she didn't need any mental finesse to swing her arm wide in front of her, releasing a wave of frost over the beach, the water in the air condensing and freezing into ice as a white beam swiped across, trying to freeze the Noctowl down.

-Golisopod used Ice beam!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:16:47 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
there it was, no doubt about it. the noctowl braced for impact of that ice beam but that was all it took for unconsciousness to settle over the bird. her mind went blank, white, then black, as she fainted.

sam gave an eager smile, moving over enough to recall his noctowl and minimizing the capsule he'd returned her to, placing it back in his hoodie pocket. he walked toward doug, a hand extended, with a smile.

"well done. i clearly underestimated your creativity."

it had, in fact, been sam's undoing in their match.

//NOTES
NOCTOWL has FAINTED
is the WINNER!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 17:26:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
The youth's hand clapped atop the man's own, shaking firmly as he grinned.

"Kira's the one to praise- all I did was try and keep you distracted." He said with a playful wink, before leaning off to the side on one leg to blow a kiss at his Golisopod.

The bug simply rolled her eyes, before dropping on her bottom onto the sand for a rest.

"So- !" He said, clapping the man on the shoulder. "To be honest, I was kinda pretending earlier."

He scratched at the back of his head sheepishly, his straw hat shifting forward.

"I've actually known 'bout'cha for some time." It wasn't every day a person who had been to the Rocket Occupied Kanto regularly made their trip to Hoenn safely.

There was much Doug wished to ask this man.

"We just met, but- mind if I take some o'yer time?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 20:06:00 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the demeanor change in doug, the close proximity, sam assumes whatever he wants to ask about is sensitive. it can't be graves, that sam's aware of... or can it? maybe it's about kanto.

instead of letting his mind wiggle around and writhe for questions, he just asks.

"sure, what do you need?"

information? a favor? some company?

the requests these days from trainers and youths alike made very little in the way of requests odd. he'd be surprised if dough asked something of him that he wasn't willing to answer or do.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,948 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Sam (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 20:12:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Thank you." The youth said with a soft smile.

It was relieving that Sam seemed so willing to answer Doug's plight.

Very.

Doug reached up to readjust his hat as he smiled, his gaze turning towards the sea as he considered his words.

"Could you... Tell me about Kanto?" He asked after a moment, his smile swiftly slipping as the words left his lips, gaze sad and pensive. "Current Kanto?"

He nibbled on the inside of his cheek for a moment after speaking those words.

"... All we kantonian refugees know is what Rocket claims." He said, his eyes on the sand as his jaw tightened. "Obviously, those are all lies."

They had to be.

"... Right?"

tags:

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven