awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
followup on terror, [ m ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 15:15:36 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the hospital of lilycove city isn't foreign to sam. he deals enough with taking injured people there from time to time with his gardevoir. this was one such time.

as he leaves the civilian with one of the receptionists, who get him into the urgent care center quickly, his shoulders relax and he glances at his phone. technically, he's no more scheduled appointments for the day. and he did promise dr. mclain he'd come check in.

so it's then that he makes his way to the office of said doctor, knocking on the door gently.

"dr. mclain? it's sam carter," he announces himself. "have you a free moment?"
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2021 13:21:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]
for once, rory's actually sat in his office tending to some mundane paperwork he'd rather much not be doing. but it all works out in the end.

"sam! yes of course, come in."

with a gesture over to the chair by his desk, rory offers the other a warm smile.

"it's good to see you, sam. how are you feeling?"

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 22:54:20 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
taking the offered seat, sam tries to relax. it doesn't work. he's rigid in the seat, almost fidgety. hospitals have made him a little edgy in the past but since the abduction he feels even more unease within their confines.

sometimes it's as if he can't breathe. luckily, this wasn't one of those times. perhaps rory was to thank for that miracle.

"since the abduction? much better. i've made a full physical recovery."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 10:43:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"i can see as much! you look great."

despite that, there's always more to recovery than the physical.

he pushes a stack of papers away before giving sam his full attention.

"and mentally? have you been able to sleep okay?"

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 12:50:49 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam shook his head with a shrug.

"no, but i had insomnia to begin with."

a present from the war, ever lingering, never wavering. with a small nod, he continues.

"i was, and still am, claustrophobic and phonophobic. and now apparently i'll have to overcome a newly rooted fear in elevators or just avoid them completely and use stairs when accessible."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 10:55:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
even when not in an official session, rory can't help but begin his diagnosis, picking out specifics of the conversation and relating it back to what he knows.

he nods, flashing sam a look of empathy.

"yeah, i can imagine."

rory has a hunch, but he still asks to be sure:

"when did the insomnia start?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 13:07:18 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"i've never really slept, even as a baby. i'd lay quietly, sometimes coo, most of the time just wear myself out until i passed out somewhere."

it was still true, twenty-six years later. he had to physically exhaust himself to fall asleep. annoying as it was, it'd become habit.

"the war made it worse. this abduction hasn't helped matters either... i slept maybe two hours last night."
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 8:59:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"two hours isn't great..."

but it's better than nothing, at the very least. with a gentle exhale, rory suggests:

"well, if you're willing, we have help here available for both your insomnia and also what sounds like post-traumatic stress disorder. it's quite common for those that come from kanto."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 16:50:39 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"what sort of help?"

sam wasn't entirely sure he wanted anything even remotely close to pills. he knew some home remedies, natural remedies, that helped him sleep. things that weren't addictive. things the body didn't rely on.

he used those when he needed to, and other times he just let the feeling of insomnia and ptsd have their way. just to remind himself that he was alive.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 15:25:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"medication, therapy, whatever you're willing to accept."

his finger idly taps at the desk as he processes his thoughts.

"in your case, sam, i'd recommend starting with therapy to see if we'd be able to help improve your symptoms, as well as teach you certain skills to deal with it."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 20:05:45 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
therapy, that's what he was worried about.

thoughts of straight jackets and padded cells flash through his mind, but he ignores them. comments growing up from trainers with nothing better to do bubble up to the surface.

growing up in a graveyard isn't natural.

you'll probably just become a ghost; or worse, end up in a straight jacket.

graveyard freak.

sam's eyes focus on rory, only two seconds of hesitation were there. he slowly nods, gripping the chair.

"i'm not comfortable with any of this. my usual therapy consists of brushing it off and pretending it doesn't exist. i'm aware this isn't a healthy coping mechanism, but thus far it's worked well. they say a popped bottle is quite a hazard to reseal."

in other words, sam was worried that if he did finally do something about all of his life's trauma, he would end up bubbling over and losing his mind. it seemed irrational. truthfully he didn't want to lose control of himself.

not to therapy, not to medication; not to anybody.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:25:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"sam..."

it's nothing rory hasn't heard before. still, he wears the same compassion that isn't marred by anything. he remains genuine, wanting only what's best for sam.

"that's why we're here: to make sure we reseal the bottle. you won't be alone through any of it."

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 12:25:13 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
wasn't that what they all said?

yes i will.

"if you recommend seeing therapy first, then i'll go through with it."

the words feel like taboo. they feel like a promise he's not sure he's willing to keep. since they've left his lips, he knows he'll follow through, and there is immediate regret in his soul. he doesn't want to deal with any of it. but he's not a fool and he knows he can't run from himself forever.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 9:35:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","top"]
"i do."

the smile he offers is reassuring, or at least it attempts to be.

"you'll be in the very capable hands of dr. reeves, our head of psychiatry."

and after a few clicks of his mouse, he glances over to the screen, skimming for a few moments before asking:

"how does next tuesday sound?"

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2021 15:32:12 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
insistent as always, sam simply pulls his phone out and glances at dates, times. his schedule isn't as much of a mess as he'd like, but it was because he had been leaving it open for .

not for therapy. it wasn't that he viewed himself as weak for going to therapy, he just thought he was above it. not necessarily the most wise thought, and he knew his own pride when he saw it, but he was so tired and done with his own problems and faults that he just accepted the pride as it was.

"i'm open that day." he was, he just wouldn't be doing what he had hoped he'd be doing. "it's in."