the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 11:48:27 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Was that true?

Hearing it stirs something in her that feels cold. She wanted that to be true.

"When you walked me home the other night... why did you kiss me?"

There is nothing bashful about the way she says it, rather, uncertainty regarding hearing the answer. She doesn't want the answer.

"Did I help you then?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,396 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 11:52:37 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the answer is simple, void of any uncertainty:

"i wanted to."

with a nod, he smiles.

"you helped me feel."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 12:00:22 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma sighs, shakes her head. Disappointment is reflected in the pinched expression on her face. Uncomfortable emotions swirl in her belly, and all of them trace back to guilt.

"I'm not capable of that. You made sure of that."

A lie.

Emma steps next to him, opposite shoulder pressing against the wall. She looks out the window, lips pursed, deep in thought.

"We can change, but I doubt either of us are capable of changing that much."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,396 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 12:06:32 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]a chuckle escapes before he can catch it, though it lacks any venom or distaste; quite the opposite.

"i don't think that's true."

his gaze follows her out the window and down the white steps of sootopolis. the city, despite the bitter memories he has of it, is still beautiful.

"i suppose we'll find out eventually. until then, i'll keep trying."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 12:10:31 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Emma glances at him, perplexed by his laughter. People seemed to laugh at her often, lately. But her narrowed eye, suspicious stare is ignored.

Instead, Theo continues to stare out the window, losing himself in his own train of thought. What did he see?

"I suppose we will."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,396 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 12:13:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]with a nod, he focuses on nothing in particular and loses himself in the vast blue and green of the ocean.

eventually, his gaze returns, shifting to her.

"my offer to help's still on the table. if you want it."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 12:18:57 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
"You're going to help whether I want it or not. Seems to be a trend lately."

She huffs in quiet laughter, a breathless chuckle with no effort put in. Emma shakes her head, glancing back up at him.

She reaches for his hand briefly, brushing her index finger against his skin briefly in a very muted show of affection.

"Don't get attached."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,396 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 14:44:16 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]he glances down at her touch, appreciating the gesture more than he realizes. he nods, smiles, and turns his hand to return the show of affection against her skin.

"i'll try."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 14:56:00 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
She says this, expects this, demands this knowing full well she was asking for the impossible.

They were human. Driven by need, driven by want, driven by desire.

He says 'I'll try' while returning the simple gesture.

It prompts her hand to twitch and the loneliness in her chest to expand. It goes against reason, but she reaches to hold his hand.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,396 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 15:10:49 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]naturally, almost too easily, he holds her hand in return, relishing the warmth that flickers within him. it's faint but it's there — and that grounds him.

his smile lingers, genuine in its nature.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 15:19:02 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
He shouldn't, she shouldn't. But she has and he does, and her fingers slip through his and are held secure.

But where Theo finds it in him to smile openly, Emma's expression is twisted and clouded with guilt, with grief.

It shouldn't be his hand she's holding. It shouldn't be his arms she wants to lose herself in. Theo is a stand-in, a convincing mirage or silhouette.

She's selfish.

"What do I do first?"

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,396 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 15:22:26 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]whatever lays dormant behind her expression is lost on him. he doesn't search for them, perhaps because he knows what he'd find.

it's easy to ignore; selfish, even.

looking around the room, he replies:

"furniture.

everything else is fine unless you want to repaint or change the floors."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 15:29:57 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
He doesn't search her expression and for that she wants to believe she is thankful. Instead, he grounds her by holding her hand and keeping her close.

He doesn't ask for anything more than shes already given.

"Repainting.."

The woman glances around, lip pursed in thought. She sucks in a breath, nodding along with some idea she hadn't spoken aloud.

"We should paint something."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,396 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 15:45:50 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]it's an idea he accepts with ease. the walls do look a bit bare.

"i can run to the store."

but that'd mean stepping away, which he's yet to do.

"what color?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
house hunting [s]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 19:19:45 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
Her eyes follow the bare walls. What colour.. and where? Eventually, she settles on the hallway leading to the bedrooms.

"What do you think?"