Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 15:59:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"Huh...? Isn't that...?" Doug said as he moved his Glitch-brand sunglasses atop his hair and tilted his head, squinting at the familiar silhouette of one .

"It is! Oi, Mr. Maverick!" The youth called out a moment later, raising his hand high as he jogged up to the man with a wide grin, water gun and relevant equipment strapped all over him.

It was summer time and the festival was in full swing; you didn't come to Slateport if you weren't ready to get a little wet!

"Remember me, sir?" He asked as he came to a stop before the man. They had once cleared up a forest fire together... And hadn't had much interaction since, but he respected the man greatly all the same, answering the call even while all alone as he had been. "How've you been? Festival treatin' ya alright?"
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:21:06 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

At the sound of his name being called, warm gaze flickered to the familiar face running towards him. “Oh hey,” he greeted back, giving him a small wave in return, “Ahhh.. Yes. You saved my ass fighting that fire.” It was almost like yesterday, yet it was six months ago. They haven’t spoke to each other since, but the event defiantly was he won’t forget for a while.

“It’s nice to see you again,” he replied, a small smile and a nod, “I’m doing well. I’m taking advantage of the tournament to train some of my more inexperienced pokemon. How about you?” His gaze flickered over the water gun attached to him, brow rose. “And what kind of battle are we having today?”

for at slateport beach. let's go!!! xD

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#686E91; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#686E91; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:32:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
"I would say we saved each other back then, but I'll take the compliment!" The youth said with a bark of laughter, cheeks flushed in delight at the praise.

"I've been trying to win this thing, but work won't let me focus on it." He said with a sigh, casually pointing his water gun behind himself and shooting blindly at the people behind him, a broad grin spreading over his cheeks as he heard a surprised squeal.

"The deadliest of all conflicts, of course!" He said between chuckles. "We're just cleanin' up after the paintball matches. Why, wanna join in?"

He waggled his gun enticingly, before tilting his head.

"Or... would ya like to battle?" He offered, grin turning to a smirk.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 18:19:56 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Ah. The old days of being a gym leader. He remembered those. Gym leaders hardly had time for personal things. Not that Maverick really needed days for personal things, but he did remember always being busy. Honestly, he missed it.

He offered a smirk, one brow rose. “I’m always down to battle.” Battling was something he enjoyed the most. But while he spotted someone out of the corner of his eyes get drenched by another, he smirk fell and his placid expression returned. “But if you need help cleaning this up real quick, I can offer my assistance.” Oh, how he hated chores.

for at slateport beach. short and sweet. lol.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 18:24:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Doug simply grinned.

"Think it can wait until we're done'ere!" The youth said as he reached into his pocket, producing a ball and throwing it up in the air, stuffing his water gun into his swimming trunks before catching the ball with his now free hand.

"So, Mr. Maverick! Ya trainin' one of yer newbies, or rollin' out one o' yer stronger mons?" The youth asked as the pokeball expanded.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 18:48:11 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick was relieved that he didn’t have to do chores. He even let the relief slip his expression before his confidence returned. “I need to test out some of my pups,” he replied, reaching into his pocket to pluck out a ball, “See if they have potential or not. You know?” He held up the ball for a second, only to release a young pup from her chambers and materialized before them.

The houndour was odd looking, colored with both black and white fur. She stood tall however, barked at the man several times before turning to Maverick. The trainer gave the assertive pup a small nod and a hint of a smile. The pup let loose a series of barks, twirling in place before her gaze met his again. “As you can see,” the trainer chuckled, turning his attention back to him, “She needs some of her energy out. You can use whatever. I want to see what she can handle.”

for at slateport beach. mav has a lot of houndours so you can use whatever you want. lol. in fact, i still need inflict or sustain a paralysis, a poison, a sleep, a confusion, a flinch, encounter a z-move, and many more. do as you plz.

edit: i also have a castform to use weather changing one

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 18:59:49 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
The youth nodded, grinning.

"She's cute! And if ya wanna test her limits, I picked a good one, then!" The youth said as he threw the ball high in the air, releasing a Tauros onto the field. The bull snorted, blowing hot air out as it gazed upon its opponent, the peaceful bull tilting its head.

"Asterios! The little one needs some training! Put her through the paces!" The bull reared back before banging its cloves upon the pavement, nodding.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 19:30:23 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Upon the bull being released, Khalida’s head lowered. Her eyes widened at the sight of the large creature, nervous all of a sudden. Her once outgoing and confidence demeanor fell. This made the trainer let out a quiet chuckle, knowing his pup would do that as soon as a tougher creature appeared. “You wanted to try and fight,” the man started, addressing the pup, “Here is your chance Khalida.” Her gaze flickered from her trainer’s stern look to the snorting Tauros. A tiny whine escaped her.

Maverick shook his head, turning his attention back to John. “Thank you,” he uttered, eyes on the tough bull, “Ready yourself Khalida. Remember what we learned this far.” The pup took in a deep breath in attempt to calm herself. Her worrisome eyes on her opponent. She swallowed hard, replanted her paws into the ground. She expanded her lungs, drawling as much air as she could. And with all her heart, the creature mouth burst open to send a ROAR at the pokemon.

Maverick only bite his lip, wanting the pokemon to learn.

for at slateport beach. houndour used roar! xD

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 19:47:49 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug offered a thumbs up in response, and with that, the battle was on its way.

The Tauros' hooves grind against the pavement as a massive roar shook the battlefield, blowing Doug's hat right off his head with a Yelp and sending the bull hurtling back several yards.

The crack of stone breaking under its hooves as it managed to regain its footing was thunderous, and with good reason, as the pavement between it and the puppy suddenly began to upheave, throwing itself like projectiles at the Houndour!

Tauros used Stone Edge!
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 20:26:16 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick was impressed that the little houndour could let out a mighty enough roar to almost knock the sturdy Tauros off its feet. Almost.

The houndour confidence rose, stubby tail wagged as she looked to Maverick for praise. But instead of a ‘good job’ or something along those lines, she got a “Watch out!”. She turned her head just in time to see sharp rocks darting towards her like a bullet. She panicked, froze like a deerling. And as such, she got nailed with multiple rocks. Sharp pain filled yips came the her as she landed on her side a few feet back from where she was. Maverick flinched himself, wincing as the pup slowly got her feet and whines erupted from her.

“Are you alright?”

The houndour let out another whine, eyes flickered to her opponent before they returned to the trainer.

“It’s up to you,” the man mumbled, arms crossed over this chest, “You can call it quits or keep going. This is part of battling. Azula didn’t get were she was today by backing down after a hit.” It was an attempt to motivate her, the little pup idolized that massive houndoom. She turned to the mean pokemon, letting out a sigh mixed with a whine as she limped to face him. Maverick sighed, unsure if he wanted to let her continue.

With being in so much pain, Khalida decided that moving at the moment wouldn’t be her best opinion. Taking in the deep breath, her muzzle parted to let lose a stream of fire. The powerful FLAMETHROWER was her attempt to keep fighting until the end. Her aim wasn’t very good though. Arceus bless her soul.

for at slateport beach. houndour was hit! Critical Hit! houndour is almost out. houndour used flamethower!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 20:39:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Almost as soon as the hit landed, both Doug and Asterios felt bad about it, the puppy's pain-filled whines stabbing a deep guilt into their guts.

Lip curled down, the youth reached for his hat, brow furrowed as Asterios looked back at him, and shrugged his shoulders.

She was still willing to fight, which meant they had to give it their best.

As the puppy blew fire the bull's way, and in response, it breathed in deeply before blowing a cool, winterous gale, ice and fire meeting in a mess of steam and dampness, generating a large, white cloak of mist all around them.

Tauros used Blizzard!
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 19:43:47 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

As soon as the weak pup let lose the flamethrower, her opponent countered with blizzard. The two attacks collided, canceling each other out and casted a thick haze over the area. Khalida’s ears fell, eyes widen when her trainer was lost in the haze. A small whine escaped her, breath still heavy from the previous attack. It wasn’t until a familiar voice rang out “odor sleuth” that she realized she wasn’t lost. Listening to her trainer, the canine lifted her nose into the air and took in a few whiffs. Suddenly despite her eyes not being able to see, her nose could. She could smell her trainer’s musky scent behind her and… the earthly dirt smell of her opponent.

She took another whiff, doing her best to location her opponent. And when the pup thinks she had its general direction, the canine kept her body low to the ground. Much like when she would sneak up on her fellow litter mates, Khalida kept her body low and did her best to keep quite. It wasn’t until she saw a shadow that the canine would jump up, muzzle open wide to CRUNCH down on anything she could. That is, if anything was there.

for at slateport beach. houndour used odor sleuth in attempt to find her target in the mist then crunch went she thinks she found it.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 19:52:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

A sharp exhale left the Tauros' nostrils as teeth wrapped around its thigh, the little puppy's teeth crunching onto its meat. The bull remained surprisingly calm despite the pain, its gentler nature working in favor of both of them in this case.

Still, it did not mean it would simply sit still and let the puppy nibble it down to size.

The little Houndour was in for a rodeo!

The Tauras began to trash around wildly, attempting to shake off the little puppy without resorting to extreme force- none of its known moves could be qualified as 'gentle' in any level, all it could do was struggle.

Tauros used Struggle!

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 0:55:06 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Follow your nose.

Follow your nose.

Follow your… GOT YA!

The little pup bite down hard, sinking her little sharp puppy teeth deep within the tissue of the Tauros. She growled, wiggling her head back and forth in an attempt to make her little bite more painful. However, her opponent seemed unharmed by her bite. But before she could let go or much of anything, the raging creature became to thrash about. Now instead of biting down to cause harm, she was holding on for dear life.

Maverick eyes widen as the bull thrashed about in an attempt to get the pup to let go. And just as he predicted, the pup was unable to hold on much longer and soon was sent flying towards him. Bracing himself, the na caught the puppy. The hit even sent him off his feet, landing on his butt and letting out a “ooof” once down. He whined, warm orbs flickered down to the worn out pup that laid fainted in his arms. “Well… I think she’s done.”

Plucking her ball from his pocket, the man recalled the poor pup and retrieved another for his rooster. With a simple press of a button, another pokemon materialized. The castform’s grey form stared at the opponent, head titled to one side. Maverick got to his feet, brushing off his pants before he cleared his throat. “Another one I have yet to train,” he informed his battle partner, hoping he didn’t mind the newbies he had, “Shall we continue?” His gaze shifted to the castform, really unsure how to battle with one. “Ahhh… Use Sunny Day?”

The castform grinned, doing a little back flip before he began to dance and sing. His body started to glow, slowly shifting both forms and color into the Sunny form of a Cast form. But this move didn’t only change his appearance, the any clouds above vanished out of thin air and let the sun shine brighter then ever. Maverick swallowed hard, feeling the heat rise from the beating sun.

for at slateport beach. houndour is KO. castform has been summoned and used sunny day!

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Maverick (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:05:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The tauros exhaled once again in relief as the little pup flew off him, the pain lessening considerably once its teeth were out of its flesh. The injury remained, but that, the Tauros could ignore for a while.

Doug was just glad the pup wasn't seriously injured during that, though he found himself tilting his head slightly as the man pulled another pokeball.

As a Castform was released, the youth pulled out decade old pokedex, examining the rare creature.

"Huh. Interesting!" He said, before shaking his head at 's words. "Don'tcha worry 'bout that, man. This tournament's perfect for testing things out, after all."

That said, the youth looked at the man wryly as the weather grew even hotter, grasping his strawhat before beginning to fan himself with it.

"Couldn't order a rain dance instead?" He jokingly asked, before a look of surprise brought his attention back to the Castform. It was his first time seeing one in proper action... "I wonder- Huh. Asterios- Use Surf!"

The Bull gazed at its opponent with a measure of curiosity, before nodding at its trainer and reeling back, forelegs raising in the air before its hooves came crashing down upon the pavement.

Stone floors cracked open as water came surging in waves, a large torrent rising towards the Castform!

Tauros used Surf!