saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 10:54:06 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias hums, unsure if the man in front of him is who he thinks he is. but after a moment, he says:

"alexei...ivanov?"

ah yes! of course it's him.

"thought i recognized you! from the guild incident in fortree."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:07:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He thought he’d put the incident behind him—clearly, no.

The horror of all that paperwork continued to haunt him. Thank shit he managed to get it all done before his little mishap.

So here he was, leaning on a crutch as he turned around to face—

“Oh, hey. You were there too, right? They never found out who caused the damned fire after all those investigations were done.”

Oy.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:12:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"yeah! paperwork was a nightmare, huh?"

but such is the case with the league. nothing new there.

"not sure either. but glad we got everyone out safe."

he notices the crutch but makes no comment about it.

"you participating in the tournament?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:18:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Don’t remind me about the paperwork… what a nightmare! he groaned as he waved his left hand around to dispel that ‘bad air’.

“What a mess, honestly. Oh, the tourney? Well, I showed up pretty late so—I don’t know if I can get as many wins as possible. I’m not going to stay idle and bedridden in Fortree, screw them.”

He was very sure that a certain would be so proud of him at those words of rebellion.

“If it’s not too late, then I’m entering. You entered earlier than I did, definitely. Seen your name all over those… rankings.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:22:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the bad air is dispelled and matias is thankful for it. he smiles, chuckling.

"that's the spirit."

at the mention of rankings, he simply shrugs.

"just trying to battle as many people as i can, honestly. hoenn has its fair share of capable trainers and i want to find them."

hoenn will need them.

"i'd be happy to battle you, if you want."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:30:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’m not—exactly the greatest at ‘traditional’ style battles, however I’m willing to learn as much as I can with what limited time is left.”

Rummaging around revealed a Dive Ball, that had his Swanna within as she emerged from the burst of red light.

“Have to stay true to form, you know.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:33:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"don't worry. i'm sure you'll do fine."

matias retrieves a regular pokeball and pops it open, calling out his exploud. the normal-type takes a step forward and takes in the battlefield.

"i can give you a couple of pointers as well. but you can have the first move."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:53:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“About the only thing I’m good at is this—” he trailed off, before the Swanna took her position across the Exploud.

“Make it rain!” he began, and dark clouds gathered above their battlefield, before a torrential Rain Dance poured down around the area.

Swanna used Rain Dance! Torrential rain is pouring across the battlefield! (1 / 5)

endeavor completed: use a weather-changing move or ability!

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:55:36 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it starts to rain, cooling the area around them. it's refreshing and definitely welcome.

"nice."

exploud doesn't seem to mind either.

"start off strong."

which can only mean one thing:

HYPER BEAM bursts from exploud's mouth.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 16:06:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What!” he exclaimed as he recognized the incoming Hyper Beam and realized he may have walked into a trap—

However he remembered he had exactly one move that could potentially counter this.

Would it be launched in time, though?

“Wind!” he continued, before the Swanna saw the incoming burst of powerful light—and then let out a shriek before flapping her wings as fast and as hard as possible, conjuring up a Hurricane in an attempt to block the incoming beam of energy.

Swanna used Hurricane in an attempt to block the incoming Hyper Beam!

Torrential rain is pouring across the battlefield! (2 / 5)

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 16:09:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the HYPER BEAM still manages to force its way through the HURRICANE, perhaps too strong to stop. but thankfully for alexei, the exploud is forced to RECHARGE this round.

"now's your chance, alexei!"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 16:14:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

With the strong blast of wind very nearly knocking him off his feet (oops) the attack hit the Swanna—and they’re rather squishy considering what their typing mix was.

The graceful Pokémon let out a shriek as she was forced backward; however the Hyper Beam left an opening—

Shame Swanna couldn’t learn Thunder, but whatever!

“Go! Try to knock it over!” he continued, before the Swanna flung an Air Slash attack at the Exploud.

Swanna takes the Hyper Beam attack but is still flying! Swanna then used Air Slash on the Exploud!

Torrential rain is pouring across the battlefield! (3 / 5)

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 11:18:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the AIR SLASH connects clean, drawing blood from the exploud, who after a round of RECHARGING seems more than ready to get back into the fight.

exploud stays at a distance and simply sends a BOOMBURST roaring across the air, unhindered by the pouring rain.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:57:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The loud noise that ripped across the arena was somehow—magnified by the rain storm.

Weather physics, but who cared about that?

The Swanna let out a shriek as she was forced backward by the sound waves, before turning to face him for guidance. What else was she supposed to do?!

“Chuck it!” he said next, racking his brains for a bit before remembering that she knew Feather Dance and away she went, flying in and attempting to drop a feathery mass of down on the Exploud before circling back to his side of the arena.

Swanna takes the Boomburst attack and is forced back before chucking a huge mass of feathery down via Feather Dance!

Torrential rain is pouring across the battlefield! (4 / 5)

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ALEXEI (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:14:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"continue."

it's all exploud needs to vibrate even harsher, sound waves channeling and echoing within its chamber of a mouth.

finally, a HYPER VOICE booms, ignoring the FEATHER DANCE.

[attr="class","noodles"]