3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
The Captain vs The Major [HST]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 18:52:17 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A bright smile and enthusiastic wave comes from the small blonde across the field, “Hey there, Captain!” a pokeball in her hand bursts open, sending a Politoed onto the field. She’s definitely running out of pokemon at this point. She’s never battled with the amphibian before but hey, why not give it a shot now?

“How’s the tournament goin’ for ya?” she asks as Cane takes the field, throat bellowing with a deep ribbit of greeting.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 19:14:48 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
The youth saluted sharply as he entered the arena and took his place, broad grin on his lips as he called out.

"Hey there yourself, Major Morales, Ma'am!" The youth said cheekily, throwing in a mix of military propriety and personal charm as he grasped his own netball, sending out his choice onto the field- his ever trusty Vikavolt.

"People keep tellin' me I'm doing great, but all I keep coming back to is the fact that I lose my very first match." Doug said with a bark of laughter, grinning wide.

Meanwhile, Kyodai swept around the field, giving up a greeting buzz at 's Politoed in response before coming down to settle on the top of the youth's hat.

"How 'bout cha? Havin' fun?"

TAG: @
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 20:20:55 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva has been keeping an eye on the stats and yes, Doug has been doing great. She proud of the Captain representing them well. Eva, on the other hand, was just in it for the fun. She’s more of a support character, after all, “I think you’re doing just fine, Captain,” she grins, placing her hands on her hips. She peers at him from behind dark sunglasses, “I’m excited to see what you got,” Cane dances in place, excited to battle as well, “We’ve been having a blast! Learning a lot too!” She avoid going first because she doesn’t want the Politoed to accidentally hit Doug considering the Vikavolt is currently perched on top of his hat.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 21:11:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Doug flushed slightly, rather happy to hear Eva's faith in him.

Her, and were his Kanto parents buddies, and he felt responsible for making sure he wasn't make them or Kanto look bad.

"I'll try and not disappoint, then!" He said, tipping his hat at the blonde before lifting it off his head, sending his Vikavolt flying in the air. "Let's make this one to remember!"

The Vikavolt spread its wings, swiveling to face the Politoed directly.

"Well then, let us begin!" He said, pumping his fist. "charge up, Kyo!"

Vikavolt used Charge!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 22:48:08 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva give him one last strong nod as the Vikavolt enters the battlefield and the battle begins. Vikavolt has a clear advantage over the Politoed, but they wouldn’t be knocked out that easily! Eva has a few tricks up her sleeve, “Cover it up!” she points towards the bug. While Kyo CHARGES, Cane hops forward and leans back. His throat swells before his large mouth opens and a girthy, disgusting, thick clump of MUD SHOOTS out at the Vikavolt. Surely, some mud could buffer some of the electricity that cracked along its body.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 23:13:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
There was a bizarre magnetic field around the Vivavolt, would become clear as the mud shots slammed against a seemingly invisible, form fitting and inch-thick barrier around the bug.

Given the pokemon had long since stopped flapping its wings with any reasonable consistency, it was possible this barrier was the same thing that helped it Levitate.

Doug swept his arm across the air, grinning.

"Fraid' this bug ain't'fraid of a Lil's dirt! Kyo, get dirty!" He ordered, prompting Kyo to suddenly dive bomb the soil, punching through it and into the underground!

Vikavolt used Dig!
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 0:09:51 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Well shit, that’s embarrassing. She blames the hot sun and the long day of battles. Regardless she shrugs it off, a casual lift of her shoulders and wave of her hands, “Worth a shot,” she mumbled to Cane, who was blinking slowly at the Vikavolt, not quite understanding how it wasn’t struck with the Mud Shot.

“Flush him out!” Cane leaps over to the hole the Vikavolt left in the sand. With a deep breath, he leans over, pouring a HYDRO PUMP down into the earth to flood the pokemon’s tunnel.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 0:17:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Doug simply chuckled. "Don'cha worry, I've done far worse in this tournament."

His fight with the champion was just littered with stupid rookie mistakes.

Kyodai liked it underground. It was warm and damp at the same time, and even if it got too hot upstairs, it usually stayed at a pretty good temperature all die around down there.

Flooding, however was an issue.

The Vikavolt squealed as his tunnel was filled with water to the brim, swirling him around wildly inside until he was feeling sick.

"Ah shi- Kyo!" Doug shouted as he cupped his hands around his mouth! "USE CHARGE!"

The Vikavolt, dizzy and feeling sick, nonetheless attempted to gather its lightning around its pincers, electricty crackling around its maw- and swiftly spread through the current!

Vikavolt used charge!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:22:17 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The CHARGE successfully courses its way up the stream of water, effectively zapping the Politoed. Cane yelps, snapping his jaws shut and leaping back away from the hole. He is utterly surprised, staring at Eva with concern. The doctor offers him a reassuring nod, “You’re doing great, buddy, just give it a minute,” He nods in understanding and waits patiently for the Vikavolt to come out of its now flooded hole.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 1:30:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Quite a bit less than a minute passes before the doctor's prediction becomes a reality, the bug breaking through the soil with a wheeze and several pants, its wings dripping with water droplets.

"You okay, Kyo?" Called out Doug as he cupped his hands around his mouth, the pokemon responding by shuddering for a moment before rising in the air. "Good boy! Let's pay 'em back in full!"

The Vikavolt nodded with a harrumph, swinging around to face the Politoed before its wing span suddenly spread wide- and began to move in a high speed blur.

A buzzing sound filled the air, thrumming through the water in the soil and causing it pop and sizzle, alerting the other pokemon of a threat fast approaching!

Vikavolt used Bug Buzz!

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 19:21:15 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

His amphibious lips curl up into a smile when the ground shifts and the Vikavolt emerges. His patience paid off. Of course, the bug wasn’t too happy about any of this (understandably). It was dripping wet and stuck was sand.

BUG BUZZ begins to vibrate the air, resonating through his very core like an internal earthquake. Cane’s face twists uncomfortably. His belly contracts and cheek s puff as if he’s about to let loose his breakfast over the side of a ship. Instead, his mouth opens and his own, deep ribbit strums through the air in a similar fashion, a HYPER VOICE attempting to drown out the buzz.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 19:26:53 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
A battle of sounds began as the buzz and the shout came into conflict, the earth cracking and splintering around them as nearby glass audibly shattered.

Doug had his arms wrapped around his head and a grimace on his face as the clashing sounds reverberated through him, but thankfully, the FULLY FUNCTIONAL LEAGUE APPROVED SILPH MANUFACTURED BATTLEFIELD SYSTEM offered protection not just to the spectators, but the trainers as well. How thoughtful!

Eventually the bug tired out, having begun its efforts first, and got blasted back by the Politoed's screaming, flailing through the air with a wail as he spun back.

While spinning wildly, the angry big tried to line up a shot, blasting out a Flash Cannon! A thin, powerful beam of silver light cut through the battlefield erratically like a super laser pointer, splitting rocks and the floor as it went!

Vikavolt used Flash Cannon!
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:05:54 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A flash of light bursts form the spinning bug. It has surprisingly good aim and strike the Politoed right in the chest. The creature grunts and is shoved back across the field. A charred patch of skin disrupts the amphibian’s beautiful swirl. He shakes his head, slowly getting up from the sand. A webbed hand clutches his chest as he doubles over in pain, not quite sure if he can go on.

“Alright, that’s it for Cane,” Eva interrupts the battle by withdrawing the Politoed, “Nice work, Doug! Impressive Vikavolt!”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:24:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Nobody was surprised than Doug and Kyo when the shot actually landed, luck apparently having blessed them for the day.

Pumping a fist in the air, Doug threw his arms around his Vikavolt as the big flew back excitedly towards him, his arms wrapping tightly around youth as well.

"You are the best, buddy!" The captain said as he fished into his jacket, producing a rare candy treat for his little winner. "Eat up, ya deserve it!"

As his pokemon happily munched on its reward treat, Doug turned his gaze to Eva, smiling broadly at the praise.

"I know, right? He's great!" He said, patting the bug's head. "Thanks for the match, Eva!"

He strutted through the battlefield to reach the woman, stretching his hand towards her for a shake while grinning.

"Oi, it's been a while since we've hung out or talked. How about we go get some drinks? I saw Ms. Calliope just yesterday! Maybe we can call 'er up too?"

Maybe Matias too- he hadn't seen the man at all on the whole tournament, though he had certainly seen his name in the leaderboards last he checked!
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,767 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:33:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva takes the youth’s hand firmly and gives a congratulatory shake. The battle had ended quicker than she had hoped it would. Oh well, now she knew what the Politoed was like. Her smiles brightens at the mention of a drink wand catching up, even more so at the mention of , “Yeah! Sounds great! Let’s give her a call,” she’s sure is busy in a battle or something. He is going hard at this thing. Eva is keeping it quite casual. She should probably go watch a match or two of his, “I wanna hear everything! How’s the gym? How’s that little lady I’ve heard about? How’s being a Captain going?” her questions are endless as they walk towards the bar.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">