awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 19:56:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
somehow, in some way, sam was at a little drink hut with a guy whose hair was as cool as sam's tattoos. he'd been flirted with after a battle without realizing it and then had himself picked up.

with brows furrowed, mild concern showed when he looked at the menu.

"i'll have the berry mixture."

it seemed like something he'd actually drink. he wasn't big into alcohol and when he was, he liked it mixed with things.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 6:09:15 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"good choice."

cian looks up only to slide the menu he hasn't really been looking at away. he gives the bartender a little grin before gesturing to the menu board behind them.

"pina colada for me, thanks."

and with that, he turns his attention to his date.

"so, tell me about your tattoos."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 12:45:27 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
to sam, they're just bros hanging out still. that's how he's managed to keep his nerves at bay, anyway. the question about his tattoos is well received, even earning a smile as they wait for their drinks.

"they're something i mocked up for an artist to mock the primal legendaries."

because he was one of those creatures who thought claiming a pokémon as legendary was a load of bupkis.

"i'm not the conventional trainer and the notion that one single pokémon is 'a god' is laughable. while they're are only 'one' of them, and hoenn has proved they do in fact exist, i refuse to accept that they're 'gods.' at least, they're not my gods."

so he created his tattoos as a literal middle finger to the legendaries... it's fine.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:04:15 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]just bros hanging out? we'll see about that.

"nice."

can't really argue with that; not that cian wants to, of course.

"then who are your gods?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:07:25 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"life and death."

he refused to believe 'pokémon' were in control of life or death, either one.

taking the drink that was offered, he takes a sip and makes a face. the alcohol's stronger than he thought it'd be. he won't be getting two that's for damn sure.

"what about you?"
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:12:49 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]life and death, huh?

"i like that."

reaching for his drink, cian waits for a moment to consider his answer.

"don't really follow any. i battled against a priest from the church of arceus the other day. he was kinda violent for a priest."

less violent than , at least.

leaning closer to sam, cian says:

"think i'll adopt yours: life and death."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:15:53 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"a bit of a cheater, then?"

sam teases the idea that cian copied notes to get through trainer's school. maybe his implication isn't clear, so he just smirks and lifts and eyebrow.

"you do have original ideas, don't you?"

he blatantly ignores the talk of priests of arceus. no need to go off on a tangent on the first date.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:20:21 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian laughs, shrugging.

"damn. you got me."

he wasn't particularly good at studying; he'd much rather be out on the track running, walking, or doing anything but studying.

tilting his head at sam, cian responds:

"sometimes. this date is pretty original; i've never done it before."

a lie, but sam doesn't need to know that.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:29:48 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
it was true, they'd never been on a date before. but he wouldn't exactly call the date original and he makes a face to prove as much.

"you've never taken a date out for drinks?"

teasing cian was becoming progressively easier the lower his drink got.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:34:12 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"not one i've battled."

that's a lie. well, is it really? dinner with wasn't a date, as she had made it repeatedly clear.

"do you go on dates often, sam?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:58:08 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"no, actually."

not a lie. sam doesn't often have a reason to lie. sometimes, he's told he's too harsh in that regard. but what point was lying? even the truth, harsh as it was, was better than fabrications and hollow words. in his opinion.

"but i'm finding myself in the situation more and more as i've come to hoenn."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:07:15 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"well that's no surprise. anyone would be lucky to have someone as handsome as you."

another sip brings with it more carelessly spun words. is he coming on too strong? perhaps. but it's what he's used to.

"not to mention cute."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:08:48 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
it's rare for the dead to blush. even more rare for sam to blush. maybe the heat from his cheeks is from the alcohol, that's what he'll blame anyway.

"what the hell."

the complaint is followed by him taking a deep breath and starting to walk away from the bar.

"let's walk the beach, it's crowded in here."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:13:24 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]did cian finally get through?

the thought lingers as he chuckles, sliding out of his seat to trail after sam.

"sounds good."

he makes sure to bring his drink with him. shit; did they pay? oh well.

it doesn't take them long to arrive at the beach. it's much less crowded compared to other areas.

"not a fan of crowds?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:18:23 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"the noises make me feel restrained."

phonophobia; fear of loud or excessive noise, causes anxiety and sometimes pain.

"do you tend to thrive in them?"

he's trying to ignore his own weakness. not just to the sounds, but apparently to the plethora of men he seems to be picking up. why was it that girls never seemed to migrate to him this way?