1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 20:04:01 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
[attr="class","ryder1"]

It was finally his chance to challenge one of the most top famous gyms in Hoenn. He was envious of this man for many reasons. The most noted was his accomplishments he had achieved for his gym. It was something Maverick wanted for his gym when he owned it. For what little time he held the spot, the man felt like he didn’t even leave a mark like most others do who have came and left so quickly. A whisper of a sigh escaped his chest, not from being anxious for the battle to come but from his disappointment in himself. He could only hope to redeem his integrity in this challenge, collecting a gym badge to further his new dream of becoming an Elite Four.

Without further ado and taking a deep breath, the burnt scarred man approached the location for the challenge. He was taken back by the overall atmosphere of the place, but held his usual detached expression. Warm gaze flickered over the many creatures and humans a-like that readied here, searching for the familiar face of the gym leader. The trainer wondered if the gym leader would even recognize him. Whether from their past interactions or from once being a gym leader himself, the man knew Alexei face pretty well and continued his search. After all, this was a sky battle and he could be anywhere waiting for him.

for at fortree city. god im terrible at staters. hello! lets have fun please!

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz
[newclass=".ryder"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 b"]font-weight:bold;color:#AE7C95; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ryder1 i"]font-style:italic;color:#AE7C95; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 18:19:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Today was one of the days that Alexei himself was at the receptionist’s desk, going through the remaining unfiled papers that Ethan had forgotten to clear out.

So one could say he had a bird’s eye view of who was coming today. There was a steady stream of challengers coming in now, and he was thankful for the work.

…even if the doctors had told him to cancel them all, he was like ‘Oh fuck you, you’re not making me work?’ and completely ignored them!

Once he was done with the small pile of papers he looked up and saw a familiar—face.

“Oh, hey, Maverick!” he called out, standing up (on the left leg first this time) and waving his way. “So you’re my challenger today, huh?”

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 1:11:15 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

A familiar voice called out his name, forcing him to turn to see who it was. Like expected, the gym leader himself flagging him down with a wave. The scarred man gave him a half grin, hand rose to politely wave back. “Hey there,” he greeted, still envious of him but did his best to push it aside, “Yeah... It’s me.” Mav couldn’t tell if the gym leader was thrilled to battle him or found it rather annoying. It never really crossed his mind how others thought of him. It was probably something he should consider if he did want to be an Elite Four some day.

Approaching the man, he extended his hand out to offer an hardy handshake. “Hope you don’t mind,” he added in, retreating his hands back into his pockets after the handshake, “I was also hoping you can tell me how my birds are. Tell me if they need improvements or what they need to work on more.” He paused, shrugging his shoulders casually. “I’m always open to learn more.” Although the man has studied many dark, fire, and dragon types over the years, he never really studied flying or avian creature in specific. After all, a gym battle wasn’t just about the battle. It was about learning.

for at fortree city. lets have fun please!

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;margin-bottom:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 8, 2021 0:48:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh, it was Maverick’s lucky day indeed.

“It’s nice to see individuals who are really interested with getting to know other Pokémon that aren’t their usually-favored types. Hell, even if I have quite the number of Pokémon with wings, I still make room to learn more about other types, because there’s no single be-all, end-all type out there that’s strong enough to conquer everything, right?” he agreed as he shook the other man’s hand again.

“Come on, let’s get outside so I can show you around for a bit.”

Grabbing the crutch—never mind if he was literally a wet noodle at the moment due to still being off-balance sometimes—he led the way to one of the back doors that opened straight outside into the Sanctuary grounds.

“Over here,” he called, waiting for the other to catch up and follow him outside.

Once they were outside, he then closed the door behind him and gestured around.

“Down over there’s the medical facilities and the aviaries. Originally there was only one aviary, but we had to build a few more because of all the migration routes crossing through here. Some of the visitors spend a few days here with their young Pokémon kids before continuing their travels,” he explained.

Without him even reaching for the whistle he wore around his neck, several darting shadows overhead made him look up all the same.

“And of course, our own Pokémon are free to run around here. It’s better for them than to be contained in those tiny little Pokéballs all the time, right?”

He then remembered—

“What Pokémon did you want to show me?”

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 19:32:00 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

With formalities out of the way, Maverick followed the gym leader without much thought behind it. And despite the man’s disability, it did not hold him back as they migrated to the outside area. His warm gaze flickered to what Alexei wanted to show him, brow raise in an awe. It was fantastic. Maverick always loved when a gym was tailored to not only the types or creatures being used in said gym, but for the wild creatures that lived there and trainers who owned such creatures. “Astonishing” was the only thing the scarred trainer could say.

The man was so lost in absorbing the facilities that he completely forgot for a moment why he was here. It was the gym leader that remembered, dragging him back down to earth and refocus on the task at hand. “Oh! Right!” Mav swiftly snatched two pokeballs from his pockets, revealing them before releasing the creatures from their captivities.

The first was an oddly colored talonflame from normal. She spread her wings wide in the air, letting out a screech and stretching. Once she felt loose, the creature shake her feathers to loosen them and hovering over her masters left side. Gaze darted to the gym leader, narrowing at him before turning her beak into the air in discuss. This human wasn’t her father. Molters. She had no interested.

The second one to materialized was another strange colored bird. The pink feathered honchkrow puffed out his chest, beady digits flickered from Maverick to this other human. He hovered in flight to Mav’s right, silently judging both his master and his human. Oh, how he despised the human kind.

“Right so,” he started, left hand rose to scratch the back of his neck. “This is Izumi” The trainer gestured to the shiny talonflame before motioning to the shiny Honchkrow. “and that is Marrok.” A half grin, half glimpse was revealed on his face. But then remember, this was a sky battle. “Oh!” Maverick's hand that was behind his head reached into his pocket to grab another ball and flashed it to him to indicate he didn't forget. “And I have another pokemon to ride on while we battle.”

for at fortree city. lets have fun please! mav is the type to fight fire with fire if you want the reasoning behind these two.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 19:44:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment he saw the Talonflame and the Honchkrow, Alexei’s own eyebrows went up in silent wonder.

“Oh, they’re both shiny!” he exclaimed, before a fluttering noise echoed above them—a rather large flock of avians were coming in for the afternoon nap. Among them was a smaller Murkrow that also gleamed with the same pink-colored plumage.

“I have a Murkrow—there he is,” he said as he pointed out the smaller avian that had settled on one of the perches scattered alongside the aerial arena.

At the sight of Maverick’s shiny Talonflame, though, he pondered—

“What exactly is it you wanted to ask me about your Flying companions? Thanks for helping me with my Houndour, by the way. She’s mellowed out thanks to my Growlithe,” he commented.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 20:05:17 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Upon releasing his two avian creatures of choice, the gym leader seemed stunned by them. His own brows rose to react to the gym leaders reaction, wondering if the man saw more in them then he did. The blonde even pointed out his own dark feathered bird as a large flock of flying pokemon swarmed into the area. Unsure of what to say, he gave the man a small smile and mumbled “He looks happy and healthy” in hopes that was the reaction he desired. Maverick expected the gym leader to have one, if not many more. Unlesss… was this Murkrow special? What this all a test before the battle?

But at the mention of the houndour, this got his full attention. “Oh yeah! No problem! I’m glad I was able to help!” His love for those dark fiery species had no bound. If anything, they were his reason for living. He was happy to help someone who needed help taming the creature.

“And for my creatures,” the man continued, warm gaze flickered to his two birds, “I was just hoping that after the battle- win or lose- you could tell me how they are. Advise to raise them better, improvements to help them, or anything really sense you may see something more than I might.” His shoulder’s shrugged casually, returning his gaze on the gym leader. “If you want too, of course.”

for at fortree city. lets have fun please! mav's simple mind sometimes amuses me so much.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2021 16:50:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“See, the thing is that pink Murkrow was being picked on a lot. Like, a lot lot—it wasn’t until I rescued him and brought him here did he stop being so insecure about himself,” he explained, before a Honchkrow—of the normal coloration and variety—flew above their heads and came to roost beside the pink Murkrow.

“That’s his adoptive mother,” he added as the Honchkrow began fussing over the pink Murkrow and then the two began squawking at each other as the bigger avian tried to pull at the smaller one’s feathers.

“Anyway—sure, I can definitely do that after our battle,” and with that a silhouette circled above their heads before coming in for a landing—it was his Hydreigon this time.

“Ah, I guess we should get down to it,” he said with a grin as he hobbled across the arena, followed by the dual-type.

“First move’s yours!” he called from across the arena as the Hydreigon took up its position, ready to scrap.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2021 19:59:04 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

His gaze flickered to the familiar pink feather bird when the gym leader pointed it out, listening to what he had to say. “Oh,” he replied, observing as a normal colored evolved form landed right beside it, “I see. Well.. I don’t know much about this honchkrow’s past.” The man admitted, remembering he captured the shiny avian almost two years ago in a swarm, “But I do know he shares the same feeling about his oddly colored feathers. He hates it.” Marrok glared at the pair in the tree, both jealous and indignant towards them. “But that’s about it.” The conversation made the trainer wonder about his avian’s past, not really knowing much with them being unable to speak their language. However, the trainer did own a noivern. Hmmmm...

His thoughts got shifted once again when a large shadow circled over head, catching the trainer’s attention almost immediately. His gaze flickered up, brows rose at the sight of yet another familiar species. Hydreigon. A dragon and dark type. He had one of those and battled against one of those as well. To his surprise however, it seemed as the gym leader was suddenly ready to battle. His placid gaze followed him as they took their spot in the area. Maverick had to admit, he was rather disappointed that the gym leader was using a dragon as his flying type of choice. The ex gym leader was hoping to see a true avian trained by the best in action. If he would have known, Mav had dragons out the wazoo.

How unfortunate. And honestly, he found it rather boring.

As expected from his honorable opponent, the trainer was given the first move. But seeing as they were going against a dragon rather then a true avian, Maverick’s motivation to battle was a little- lackluster. Changing his plans to fit this new discovery, Maverick recalled his shiny talonflame and shoved her into his pocket for later use. “Alright Marrok,” he mumbled, letting out a soft sigh in between, “Time to mix it up, you know the drill.” The honchkrow moved to his spot across from his opponent, beady eyes glared at the dragon as they took on a intense red glow. A hint of a smirk was on his beak. Several golden balls of energy materialized around him, moving about in some kind of memorizing pattern. They inched closer to the dragon in their little dance, trying to trap it in its CONFUSEing RAYs.

for at fortree city. honchkrow used confuse ray!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2021 22:39:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He knew of the other’s reputation as the former Dark-type Gym Leader, so he was wondering what had happened to the enthusiasm from earlier since he’d chosen to use a Pokémon that Maverick would recognize at the very least—

So strange.

Either way…

The incoming Confuse Ray was—okay, how was it going to work if the Hydreigon was—wait a second. He knew that Deino and Zweilous were blind, but Hydreigon he would have to take a check on—

Unfortunately, his Hydreigon roared at the flash bang of light.

“Shit,” was all he could say. Now he couldn’t attack, and then risk getting hit instead. So… just to play it safe…

“Don’t you go thrashing around without my permission!” he began. He didn’t have an exact tab how many turns Confuse Ray would stick, however he was going to have to either wish like shit and hope that the attacks didn’t hit the draconid in confusion, or—

“Work Up!”

Mercifully—the Hydreigon was paying attention.

The two ‘hand heads’ then bellowed as the Hydreigon psyched himself up.

Hydreigon hit by confusion!

Hydreigon used Work Up to prepare.

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 22:30:34 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Maverick wasn’t going to deny the truth. His curiosity about the dragon and dark type that was skillfully trained by an avian expert was something he wanted to see. Sense he specialized in the dark typing and it has been his favorite type for many years now, seeing the creature trained under someone else wing was VERY interesting. However, he had fought many of his own kind and was looking forward to seeing how a true avian should be taught by someone who was the master.

The pink feathered bird sent out little balls of swirling dizziness. And to Maverick’s surprised, the bright flashes of light followed by a angry puzzled roar form the dragon confirmed it worked. Interesting. “This might be your only shot,” the man mumbled to the cocky honchkrow, Mav’s arms crossed over his chest, “better make it count.” The trainer knew Hydreigon’s very well. The power they possessed. If his bird wasn’t careful, he would be a goner sooner rather then later.

“Icy Wind.” It was a cheap shot, but they needed to weaken it before it snapped out of the confusion. Luckily, it should also reduce its speed which could help them later. Marrok let out a irritated squawk, leaning back in his flight to be sure he was facing the dragon in hopes to not miss. His wings began to flap harder and harder with each seconds, soon an icy cold waves of gusty wind formed and was hurled at the opponent. Not only the dragon’s weakness, but maybe even slow it down in the process.

for at fortree city. honchkrow used icy wind!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2021 20:29:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that the Hydreigon had psyched himself up, somewhat, the confusion still hung around the draconid as the errant flight pattern continued.

A few moments afterward, though, a cold burst of wind came from across the battlefield, catching the Hydreigon unaware before a sudden roar of surprise alerted Alexei to what was going down.

“Don’t be reckless, you—” he called out, before the Hydreigon’s attempt at a loud, Hyper-volumed Voice shook the area—

Originally the attack was meant to hit the Honchkrow, however it ended up hitting the Hydreigon instead.

“Oy,” he groaned quietly as he internally screamed. How much longer was the Confuse Ray going to affect the Hydreigon?

Hydreigon hit by Icy Wind! Hydreigon is Confuised!

Hydreigon attempted to use Hyper Voice but hit himself instead due to confusion!

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2021 19:22:16 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

With the confusion still in full effect, Marrok’s Icy Wind was able to hit its mark. The bone chilling breeze cascaded over the dragon, both weakening and angering it all at the same time. It was so mad, it attempted to retaliate back at the oddly colored honchkrow with a loud roar. However, the confusion got the best of it and only managed to hit itself. Poor thing.

Taking advantage of the status aliment that still hindered the dragon from blast his bird into the heavens, Maverick wanted to attempt to get as many powerful hits before it recovered. “Brave bird.” Marrok didn’t hesitate, gaining altitude swiftly. And when he felt like he was high enough, the avian pulled his wings in close to his body into a dive. His body soon became surrounded in light blue aura, diving at an incredible speed like a missile. His body even became surrounded in a red hot flame, only to open his wings last minute in an attempt to slam himself into the dragon with a powerful BRAVE BIRD.

It was a risky move. For if the avian creature managed to hit the dragon, the move will not only hurt himself but also put him too close for comfort to the dragon. But, it was a risk they needed to take before the confusion wore off and the wrath of the Hydreigon came out.

for at fortree city. honchkrow used brave bird!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2021 4:32:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He’d lost track as to how many turns Confusion was in effect—however, the whistling scream of something coming in fast was a sign that things were about to get really nasty.

Now that the Hydreigon wasn’t flying around in random circles trying to ascertain its location, the sight of the incoming Honchkrow in a very risky maneuver (one that Alexei recognized to be Brave Bird; definitely one of the more reckless moves that existed) had the draconid bellowing; before it charged up to prepare to retaliate.

Even if the Brave Bird attack was powerful; this meant one thing, though: the Honchkrow was going to come in close; which meant that at close range, the draconid wasn’t going to miss—right?

The Hydreigon then used Dragon Rush in an attempt to collide with the Honchkrow in mid-air; even if the other attack was stronger—there was no way the draconid was going to go down without a fight, was there?

Another loud roar shook the air.

Hydreigon snaps out of Confusion!

Hydreigon used Dragon Rush to meet the Honchkrow head-on!

close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
flying high [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2021 20:29:52 GMT
[attr="class","ryder1"]

Marrok came in hot, almost quite literally. At the speed he was traveling, there was no time to change plans or rethink his attack. Even as his body inched closer to the confused dragon by mere seconds, he could only accepted the fate in which he has already set. And just as the creature attempted to brave bird the dragon that was still dazed at that moment, the effects of confuse ray wore off. Marrok could only commit.

The roar of the dragon did shake his determination, only accepted the inedible of breaking through the dragon rush and slamming his body into the massive wall of dragon. In weight, the dragon was the winner. The avian hitting into a wall of meat and bones, feeling both the wind taking from his wings and air taking from his lungs. The agony was almost unbearable, falling from the brick wall but able to caught himself and regain control of his body. He winced, feeling both effects of dragon rush and brave birds recall damage all in one.

Maverick flinched too, feeling pity for the bird for such a reckless move. However, now wasn’t the time to think about that. It was time to put the dragon down once and more all. “Icy wind!” The avian let out a squawk, angry digits fell upon the dragon that was still hopefully in close range. His shifted his retreating flight, wings began to flap harder and harder with each passing seconds. In not time at all, an ICY WIND gust was sent in the dragon’s general direction.

Maverick’s hope was that if the dragon choice to follow his weakened bird, it would both hinder and slow the dragon down to give his avian enough time to get distance. Marrok needed time to recover from such an attack, Marrok took some serious damage. On the other hand, the dragon could have also be too hurt to move and they lost their opportunity to attack while it was down. Either way, they had to be careful. The dragon has awakened.

for at fortree city. honchkrow was hit by dragon rush! honchkrow took recoil damage from brave bird! honchkrow used icy wind!