awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 21:20:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

This was actually a good idea to bring out some of the other avians that only watched during the matches that would happen back at Fortree—

So basically, shit was getting down to the wire.

The Oricorio that was in front of him was trembling.

Out of desperation, she threw an Air Cutter at her opponent.

Alexei knew that the avian was trembling, yet he could only bite his lip.

This one was the most stubborn of his Oricorios.

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:15:56 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars recognized his opponent for his next battle.
[break][break]
Not just because he was a gym leader, but because they had chased down some Alolan Exeggutor together back at Lilycove beach.
[break][break]
He was about to greet the other man, but apparently his pokémon was eager to begin, and he raised an eyebrow at this.
[break][break]
It was another one of those battles where all pokémon had been weakened beforehand, after all, which meant that the moment that Air Cutter hit (it was Air Cutter, right? Ugh, Mars really didn’t see the appeal of Flying Type moves) it would all be over for the pokémon he had called to the arena.
[break][break]
Sadly for the Oricorio, this pokémon was Mars’ beloved Inkay.
[break][break]
Inkay who, weakened as he was, was quick to lay the curse of DESTINY BOND the moment he saw an attack coming his way. The second he fainted, the Oricorio would as well.
[break][break]
”Hey, you can choose your next pokémon first. How’s the tournament going?” Mars smiled, as if he were unbothered these events.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]POKÉMON FAINT COUNT: 1

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #405D94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #405D94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #405D94;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#405D94; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:29:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

What the—what just happened?

Alexei blinked, before watching not just the Inkay faint, but his own Oricorio as well.

“Oh, hey—fancy seeing you again.”

At the inquiry of the tournament, he chuckled.

“Well, I came here literally last minute, so I’m just here for the learning experience!” he explained, recalling the downed Oricorio and tossing out his Butterfree, who took to the air despite her exhaustion and raised her defenses with a quick Hardening of the carapace.

Oricorio fainted!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 22:51:00 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

For a gym leader, this guy looked pretty confused.
[break][break]
Did he not know his way around a battle or something?
[break][break]
If so, that must have made things really hard at his job.
[break][break]
”Learning experience, huh? I guess that makes sense, it’s a good chance to battle a lot of different people.”
[break][break]
Was Mars here to learn? Maybe, kind of, but that wasn’t his main goal…
[break][break]
He just watched the Butterfree fly up, and after returning the Inkay to his pokéball, he brought out a cute Brionne that happily clapped her flippers upon landing onto the sand.
[break][break]
He tried to ignore the painful memories that came with the sight, continuing to smile.
[break][break]
”Icy Wind.” Was that called having no chill, or maybe having too much chill? Either way, the Brionne lightly blew out air, which soon turned into a strong wind – ice sparkling within it as the gust blew directly towards the Butterfree.
[break][break]
It was far from the most powerful of moves, but under these circumstances and considering type advantages, it was a deadly choice.
[break][break]
”So, had any cool battles yet? Some of the challenges are pretty unique.”

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]POKÉMON FAINT COUNT: 1

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#405D94; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:16:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Out of all the Gym Leaders, I have a very heavy lean towards non-traditional battling formats—like those sky races for one thing. Traditional-style battles are not my strongest suit…” he explained with a sheepish grin as the Butterfree’s eyes widened at the sight of the incoming—

Shit that was really cold wind!

A Gust of wind came from the wings of the dual-type, however before it could even reach the Primarina the Butterfree let out a little shriek as the frigid air forced his flight lower and lower—before another beam of light recalled the dual-type that had passed out due to the really cold wind.

“Ack,” he said with an exasperated sigh as he threw out another Pokéball and his Mothim took flight before throwing a Giga Drain at the Brionne.

Butterfree fainted!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:00:14 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Huh… That’s interesting, I didn’t know that was allowed for gym leaders. So, what do you do if someone goes to your gym and challenges you to a traditional battle, then? Do you just tell them no and that you want to do a sky race?” He was genuinely curious. After all, it was likely there would soon be a day when Mars himself paid the Fortree gym a visit.
[break][break]
While this was discussed, the Butterfree fainted, the other man then releasing a Mothim that was quick to drain away what little energy the Brionne had left in her. It caused her to wobble, exhausted – her consciousness slowly fading away until she FAINTED.
[break][break]
Well, the Mothim had healed itself a bit, but would that really help it with what came next?
[break][break]
After calling Clio back to her pokéball, Mars released an innocent-looking Dratini.
[break][break]
”Hyper Beam.”
[break][break]
And so, HYPER BEAM it was. Goodbye Mothim.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]POKÉMON FAINT COUNT: 2
[break][break]
✔ Endeavor: Have your pokemon use a move that requires recharging

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 21:33:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, part of the reason why I’m here is to learn. When I get traditional challengers, I do try my best—and I don’t want to look like a pushover now, do I?” he chuckled.

“Being a Gym Leader is also learning new things with every challenge we receive.”

While the Giga Drain had made the Brionne fold, the Dratini was something straight out of the circles of hell, opening fire smack with a Hyper Beam right on the Mothim.

“Well, that and I want to let as many members of the—armada—to get battle experience as possible.”

Recalling the Mothim that had literally almost been snapped out of existence due to the intensity of the attack, he sent out a Jumpluff next.

“Don’t be too silly now,” he said to the literal ‘dandelion ball’, who then released a Fairy Wind at the Dratini.

“Some of my companions are too soft, hence the need for training.”

Mothim fainted!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 19:44:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Mars considered the other’s words, and he smirked in response. ”Ah, I see… So, would you call yourself a pushover right now, then?" Alexei’s words, not his, mind you.
[break][break]
Apparently, gym leaders came in all forms, and after having battled a handful of them in this tournament, the man wasn’t all that sure about which one he liked most. This was definitely different from those other battles though.
[break][break]
The JUMPLUFF attacked with a FAIRY WIND that resulted devastating to his little Dratini that had been resting after such a powerful attack – the small dragon losing consciousness and being called back to his pokéball soon enough.
[break][break]
Mars then released a Wailmer.
[break][break]
”I can understand that, most of these aren’t pokémon I work with often. Heavy Slam.
[break][break]
And so, all 130 kgs of whale fell heavily upon the Jumpluff.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]POKÉMON FAINT COUNT: 3

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 19:51:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Only when it comes to traditional-style battles. Non-traditional style battles are really more my speed,” he explained with a shrug of his shoulders.

The Fairy Wind had indeed taken out the Dratini, however the moment the Wailmer appeared, his eyebrows went up in confusion.

How the hell was it able to survive out of the water?

“So you could say this is a big training camp for all of my companions,” he remarked even as the Wailmer came down with what was literally the Godzilla equivalent of a Flying Press Heavy Slam on the poor Jumpluff, knocking her out too.

Recalling the fallen (more like squashed) dandelion, he then sent the next one forward—a Wormadam this time.

“This has done wonders for all my Pokémon who’ve participated so far,” he remarked as the Wormadam sent a hurtling blast of Razor Leaves at the much-larger Wailmer.

Jumpluff fainted!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 20:50:10 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Was it really okay for a gym leader to be that way? Mars wondered if there was some sort of rulebook for it or something, and this made him genuinely curious. He would probably ask his personal assistant to look that up for him later though, since right now he had other things to concern himself with, such as this weird battle…
[break][break]
”Huh. So, what if someone challenges you to a non-traditional challenge that isn’t what you’re used to? Does anything go as long as it fits the theme?”
[break][break]
While they spoke of this, the RAZOR LEAVES made quick work of the Wailmer, Mars calling it back and then watching the Worwadam.
[break][break]
Two pokémon left…
[break][break]
Out of the two, he chose Shellder.
[break][break]
”Has it? That’s good to hear. Have you been having a good time with your battles though?”
[break][break]
Like frozen spears, the Shellder created ICE SHARDS that were aimed at the Worwadam.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]POKÉMON FAINT COUNT: 4

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 21:36:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“We need at least a traditional and a non-traditional option should whoever want to challenge want to get the badge outside of battling. Have you heard of ’s biome contests? They’re also gym battles, albeit done in highly unconventional yet extremely entertaining ways,” he explained.

He wasn’t sure about the other Gyms that had non-traditional options available; what he was sure of was the fact that Zac and himself were among the Gym Leaders who had the wilder options for non-traditional battle options.

“I’m here to learn, and so are my Pokémon. So no harm done with me losing, it’s a literal big-ass school all around me,” he added as the Wormadam shrieked and folded under the frigid attack.

Recalling the fainted Wormadam, he realized that he was down to one more Pokémon…

Out came the Yanma, and a powerful Air Slash was thrown at the Shellder.

Wormadam fainted!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 22:03:25 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Alexei hadn’t really understood his question, so Mars decided to drop it, because of course he knew how gyms in Hoenn worked (unlike some pink idiot out there who had ignored that when moving to the region).
[break][break]
”Oh, right. Charja-cola guy, huh? I’ve heard of him, seems like a cool dude.”
[break][break]
A Yanma was released onto the arena, using an AIR SLASH that threw the little Shellder back a few metres before it landed with its body half-buried in the sand. Of course, it had FAINTED. He too was returned to his pokéball.
[break][break]
Alexei also hadn’t understood Mars’ second question.
[break][break]
”I asked about having a good time though. Don't you think you’re being a little too serious? You can have fun even if you lose.”
[break][break]
With this, his last pokémon was released, one that looked vastly different from the ones before: a stern-looking Blastoise. ”Calliope here has some pent up energy from her fights, so let’s end this with a blast, yeah?”
[break][break]
On cue, the keystone that was attached to a gold chain at his wrist began to shine, the Blastoise MEGA EVOLVING into a rather unusual form. "Ever seen a Cannonade? It’s quite something.”
[break][break]
And it sure was. The Blastoise turned her back on the Yamna, every single gun on her shell (and they sure were a lot) pointing at her opponent as they gathered water that was then released in one powerful, overwhelming, and incredible shot that seemed to hit almost the entire field.

[break][break]
Water rained down on both Alexei and Mars just as it had when they had met but about a hundred times worse. The latter grinned, despite now being completely soaked.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+ | Welcome to Azul needed mega evo so Mars bullies Alexei into chilling out a little
[break]POKÉMON FAINT COUNT: 5

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 22:35:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, I don’t mind losing as long as I lose with dignity,” he chuckled as the Shellder literally clammed up—before the final salvo arrived.

“Hey, wait a second, what—” he trailed off before the Blastoise changed form and literally drenched—no, drowned—the Yanma with a singular shot.

And unfortunately this also meant drenching him as well!

He could only blink in shock and surprise at the—insanity—that had happened all around him. Where was his Yanma?

Did he get swept away—no, wait, there she was!

“You do not mess around, huh,” he laughed as he shoved his soaking-wet hair out of his face as he recalled the Yanma, obviously drowned fainted in a singular shot.

Yanma fainted! Mars gets the win!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 22:44:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ha! Only with the right people and when the time calls for it.” He smirked, although the true meaning behind his words may have been lost to the gym leader.
[break][break]
He gave the Blastoise’s shell a couple of pats. ”Good one, Cal.” And then, he returned her to her pokéball just like that, turning to face a woman who had been standing at the sidelines. She, unlike them, was completely dry, and held in her arms a couple of Piazza Oro Grande Bank branded towels. He jogged to her, then tossing one of the towels towards Alexei.
[break][break]
”Catch!”
[break][break]
He was sure to need it after that last attack.

[BREAK][BREAK]

+
[break]POKÉMON FAINT COUNT: 5

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
picking order [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 3:08:32 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that he was soaking wet—oh boy.

“Aw, man,” was all he could say before making a grab for the towel that was tossed at him with his left hand.

“I might need more than one towel—” he trailed off before he noticed the name of the bank.

Okay, either he was secretly a memer, or did those initials—

“Am—am I seeing things with the initials on this towel?” he asked, drying off his hair one-handed.