6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:44:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the amount of times he heard someone complain about the ways of obtaining a poipole, and then getting them, and then not even using them, was so much that kyle decides that maybe he'll use his just so he can say that his wasn't untouched.

he sees someone whose fc he doesn't even know and hails her from a distance away.

"hello!" he greets. "wanna battle for bp?" he asks.

the pokeball of the ultra beast is clutched in his hands. he's unsure what people's reaction to them would be, but since they're in the price pool, he assumes that people will eventually be okay with them when he releases it.

@aria
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:47:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]aria is stopped before she can exit this event. man, they just keep coming after her, it's kinda tiring...

but she's too nice to say no, especially to a face as cute as kyle's.

"certainly. champion lopez, correct?"

she extends a hand out, gentle in how she grasps his.

"i'm aria."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.aria] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .aria b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .aria .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .aria .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .aria .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .aria .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:54:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
not having to introduce himself saves so much time. he smiles because he gets to skip the awkward introduction part.

"nice to meet you, aria." he takes her arm and gives her a firm handshake- something he practiced since getting the champion almost meant dealing with corporate matters.

"we can just do a quick match, and then talk a bit, so it wouldn't take too much time," he offers.

it sounded like he's being considerate of her time, but in reality, kyle has just finished procrastinating and has started to rush near the end of the deadline.

@aria
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:58:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]"likewise, kyle."

she flashes him a charming smile before reaching into her pocket for a pokeball. she only has two total, so her choices are very, very limited.

"let's do that."

it'll save her some time, too, and then maybe she can finally leave this event.

a pokeball pops open, revealing her abomasnow.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.aria] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .aria b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .aria a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .aria .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .aria .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .aria .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .aria .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:03:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
there's literally, like, two or three people he'd seen use that pokemon on the top of his head, and one of those is him. kyle deems her not a normie after seeing the abomasnow

kyle releases his naganadel against it. it's also rare, he supposed, but only in character. a bunch of people are about to have poipoles soon.

he starts to think of all his moves and notices that only one of the attacking moves he has isn't super effective on the naganadel. he decides to use that one for the first attack so the match doesn't end fast.

"dragon pulse."

@aria

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:08:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]no one really likes using abomasnow; she has no idea why: maybe because it's hard to type out its name? but it's literally just abo-ma-snow. not hard to remember!

at the appearance of the naganadel, which is even harder to spell, she looks up at it in awe.

"wow! i've never seen one before. it's beautiful."

almost as beautiful as the DRAGON PULSE that flies their way. abomasnow takes it, and through the HAIL swings his WOOD HAMMER of an arm.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:13:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i know right? it's also a poison-type from ultra space, so maybe it can give an unknown cancer to people exposed to its poison. i don't even know if they've done studies on this pokemon to be honest because i don't read much."

no one on hoenn does. that's a canon.

the hail is cold and gets the dwagon-type shivering. it wasn't adjusted to the cold just yet so it gets bonked on the head with hammer arm. it makes a weird insect sound when it did.

"air slash."

kyle says a different command this time to be different. it makes some wind blades and directs the hail out of its face and towards the abomasnow.

@aria
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:17:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]the AIR SLASH cuts across the cold of the battlefield, slicing through HAIL to find purchase against abomasnow's heavy arm. he roars in pain, but soon returns with a powerful BLIZZARD.

but what good is a simple pokemon against an ULTRA BEAST?

"maybe i can do a little research on it."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:19:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"ooh, you're a researcher? smart people are rare around these parts, i've heard."

the naganadel attempts to cry when it gets hit with a super-effective move. kyle still wonders why it's a dwagon-type and not a bug-type since it clearly looks more like an insect.

"fell stinger."

since it looks like a bug-type, kyle decides to have it use a bug-type move. it charges in with its stinger towards the tree.

@aria
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:23:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]"yeah! seems like we don't have that much around in hoenn. but i've met a few at the science convention."

the science convention...what ever happened to that event?

the naangeldel being a dragon-type is also surprising. aria hadn't realize, but even if she had she has no other pokemon to use.

"keep going, abomasnow."

there's not much use in changing tactics. the FELL STINGER connects, hurting, and a BLIZZARD returns.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:24:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his pokemon was starting to freeze. kyle would rather have it explore its other options, but it seems like the times four effective move is needed if he needs to defrost his dwagon.

"heat wave."

a hot gust of wind blows. the temperatures were scorching as it is dry. kyle's just glad that he isn't on that side of the field since the beach was already hot enough.

@aria
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:45:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]HEAT WAVE is more damaging than the abomasnow realizes. it melts away at his skin, turning ice to water. panicking a little, abomoasnow swings a WOOD HAMMER instead of continuing with the times four effective move.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 14:59:35 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the naganadel gets bonked on the head against, stopping the heat wave from occurring. it flutters back as it takes a position away from the abomasnow for its next attack.

"let's see... sludge wave."

kyle's just testing all his pokemon's moves at this point, but unfortunately, abomasnow just has so many weaknesses that most of his options seemed to be good options.

from the stinger's needle, the naganadel releases a sludge wave that washes towards the grass-type

@aria
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:13:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aria"]the SLUDGE WAVE does it.

maybe that's why so few people use abomasnow.

aria recalls her favorite pokemon, tucking the pokeball away for the future if she ever needs to give anyone free wins again.

"that was a thrill."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,485 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs aria [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:17:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
out of the five attacks his naganadel was, four of them was super effective. he wants to use his abomasnow sometimes too, but he feels like he couldn't use it on trainer battles such as this because of obvious reasons.

"yes it was."

he recalls the cold, shivering dwagon back to its ball.

"if you do decide to research about them, please do let me know. maybe we can have an ultra space adventure again if we get to know more about them."

highly unlikely, knowing spiral, but it's worth the try.

@aria
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay