February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 16:07:58 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
The tournament was slowly drawing to a close, wasn’t it? There was a sense of upheaval and unrest in the air, but not the kind that preceeded a coming storm or anything like that. Instead, there was a low sense of urgency in the air. People were clearly trying to finish more and more battles before the tournament ended in order to optimize their rankings.

Eve was not one of them, really. She cared little about winning or losing in this, ultimately. But she did care about experience. For her Pokemon, to become better and stronger. And for herself, simply to enjoy. Hence, she was looking for trainers to fight that did not seem completely desperate for battles or anything. Ultimately, she saw a woman with Pokemon, who seemed mostly keeping to herself, so she’d wave at her. “You looking for a last-minute fight too?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 16:35:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
a drink in hand she was looking for any extra battles she could get at the moment. that's what happened when you started late. you ended up screwing yourself over with a back to back schedule and taking as many battles on the side as you could. but it was fine. she could deal with this.

"yeah! and i'm looking for more fights if you're willing?"

releasing the shiny galarian ponyta from the pokeball she was ready to get started immediately. she didn't want to waste time. even if she was taking a small break right now.

-

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:26:43 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“Well, that was what I was asking, in a way,” she replied with a bit of a smirk. It was good to be understood so quickly. And this person did seem rather nice. Any Ponyta trainer was interesting to her at the very least. Though this was the Alolan variant, Eve could not help but sending out her own, normal variation of it.

Though, naturally, hers was not a shiny. This truly was going to fight between an original and a special one in every aspect. “Since I challenged you, I reckon you can begin whenever you are ready. My name is Evette, by the way. Usually, people just call me Eve, however.”

@giselle
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:29:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
another battle. she stretched and sighed a bit before introducing herself. "i'm giselle, and this is venus." she indicated towards her pokemon. it was a battle of pony versus pony. she could get behind that.

"have you had a lot of battles then?" it seemed to giselle like the only thing she had been doing was battling, but that was fine.

her own horse started strong, with a fairy wind at her counterpart.

- used fairy wind

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:36:37 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“I should probably pick names for my Pokemon too at some point,” she reckoned, but postponing that for now. After all, mid-battle was probably the worst time of all for anything like that. Though, admittedly, she could already tell that this would be one of those battles. The ones where mostly the Pokemon decided to fight while the humans talked.

Not that she minded. Eve was here in part to make connections, after all. “I have had quite a few, though usually I am the one being challenged. Guess I do stick out a little bit.” Her appearance was quite unusual, after all. Especially, when like today, she was wearing a white summer dress for maximum contrasts.

In the meantime, her Ponyta used Agility to run out of the way of the Fairy Wind, barely managing to dodge that while kicking up some dust.

@giselle
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 18:40:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she hadn't really met a lot of trainers that didn't nickname their pokemon honestly. it was strange to her to think that would be the case.

"i feel like it helps build a bond really. that way they feel unique! especially if you have more than one of the same sort of pokemon..."

like her having two ponyta. it would be strange to call them both ponyta. venus rushed towards the other pokemon, hooves flaring as she used stomp.

- used stomp

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 19:11:44 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“That’s probably it, since I tend to only catch one of each if possible,” she replied, chuckling. The thought had not even occurred to her, really, but it certainly made sense. After all, in this fight already there were two Ponyta. They might look drastically different and everything, but things might still get confused.

Especially now that both decided to neigh at one another and tried to stomp the other in a battle of hooves. It was really something to watch. “Though I honestly just let them keep their names since they repeat them on their own. Seemed kind of rude to give them a new one in that situation, if that makes any sense.”

@giselle
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 19:31:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
tired of the flashing of hooves, venus instead used psychic this time to try and throw her opponent off guard. anything to try and get a bit of a leg up really. not that it mattered much. this fight wasn't anything important to the glimmering ponyta.

"true... i don't know. i guess it's all down to personal preference..."

but she liked the nicknames she gave her pokemon and hoped that they liked them too.

- used psychic

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 19:48:56 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar

Well, naturally the war of hooves went nowhere. That was why it ended in a draw in 1693, after all, forever cementing Galar’s status as a failed nation. Or something like that. Father’s stories were probably not accurate history lessons, but sadly, they tended to stick more than the actual ones.

If it was about anyone other than Galarians, she would probably care to rectify that. For the time being, the Psychic served to push Ponyta back, slightly bucking in a bit of pain. But it was back up again quickly, trying to Flare Charge the enemy right away.
And in the meantime, the trainers talked about nicknames. “Oh, don’t get me started on preferences. I ran afoul those during the opening ceremony in a pretty bad way,” Eve thus replied, laughing at her own misfortune.

@giselle
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:09:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the horses whinnied and brayed and venus was no exception as she was hit with the flare charge, the wind knocked out of her sails as it were for a moment. shaking it off to some extent she used fairy wind once more to kick up the dust.

"i missed opening ceremonies. to be honest i was a little bit behind in the tournament but we're moving forward quickly."

it was fine though. she could catch up to an extent. and if not the battle experience was enough.

- used fairy wind

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:15:42 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
That hit hurt – both of them. But the OG Ponyta took a bit less damage. Nevertheless, she retreated a little, creating some distance between them again. “It was a lot of fun. People just got a bit too….liberal with the shots, really. One might have thought they were getting paid to drink or something,” she replied, chuckling. Granted, it had happened to her, too, but she hoped that not too many people would recognize her from that eve.

Meanwhile, Ponyta resurged, sending a Flame Wheel from a bit of a distance, as if it too was more of a psychic type rather than a fire one.

@giselle
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:34:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
it sounded like it was a fun party for opening ceremony. one that was probably a lot of fun and stuff. but she wasn't fussed that she missed it. there would be plenty of parties in the future for her to join in on. and then she could have lots of fun with everyone.

"well, sometimes you've just got to cut loose!"

that was the only way she could really think of it. the flames hit once more, this time leaving a lingering burn on the ponyta's pelt as she glowed once more with psychic energy.

- is burned
- uses psychic

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 20:44:54 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“Oh trust me, I did want to cut loose,” she replied, half smirking. With that woman she’d met there, cutting loose had seemed like a good prospect. But getting such a public and thorough rebuttal still made it all rather weird. At the very least, it had kept her from cutting loose much more afterwards.

Well, aside from getting a bit too drunk. But that was neither here nor there. Meanwhile though, things were getting hot here, and it was someone else who felt the burn. However, there was already a psychic attack coming in. It used Agility, trying to throw off the aim of this by creating afterimages of itself.

“Is that something you like to do? Cutting loose?” Eve did notice the drink in the woman’s hand, after all. It was odd enough to find a beauty battling, finding one with a drink in hand and a shiny Vulpix? That was fairly stylish in a way.

@giselle
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 21:43:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
really she had to think about if this in particular was cutting loose. especially since she didn't really do it very often in her old life. so far it felt like everything she had been doing was cutting lose.

"i guess. i've just been so busy with ranger work recently i hadn't even thought about it!"

she liked her work after all. it was a lot of fun and helpful. and that's what she strove to be. helpful.

"but i enjoy my work a lot! so i guess every day is sort of cutting loose."

venus felt the burn sting at her flanks a bit as she tried to carry on through the pain. her legs were weakening again as she once more tried to hit the other horse with a psychic attack.

- is burned, takes burn damage
- uses psychic

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Eve vs Giselle
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 22:24:09 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“I don’t think anything that is related to work is allowed to count as ‘cutting loose’ per definition,” she replied, tapping her lips. And honestly, she would know, being in the entertainment business. Yes, going all out on stage was rewarding, intense and could feel a bit like that. But it was also full of worry and obligation. As far as she understood it, cutting loose meant mostly ignoring consequence and just doing what you wanted. Though the lines admittedly got blurry when it came to doing things one liked.

But, to stretch an horrible analogy to create a forced segue, Ponyta liked fighting. It did not like being lifted off thr ground with psychic force briefly, causing it to careen off to the side instead of getting where it wanted to go. Hence, she angrily just threw out another Flame Wheel. “I used to be like that, all work, no cutting loose. I like it, too. But now that I have been travelling for a while, I learned what that truly means. I can only recommend it.”

@giselle