Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 4:40:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Temp

His next opponent's name was funny. Not that he would ever say that to the man's face or anything.

The youth stared at the man's face as he offered his hand before the beginning of the match, both of them standing at the center of the battle tent's arena.

"Name's Doug. Pleasure to battle ya, Mr. Temp." He said. There was something about the man that he couldn't quite place...

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,749 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:39:30 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"Aw, you don't gotta call me 'Mr.'! Just 'Temp' is fine!" It was his favorite nickname, after all. He liked it better than 'Norman' anyway, which was his real name.

He shook 's hand with vigor, all the happiness and excitement of a puppy behind it.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Doug! Super pumped to battle you, bro!"

swirlix - male - unburden - endeavor, aromatherapy, play nice, tackle, after you, ---
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:02:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Temp

And just like that, the feeling was gone, the youth swept and charmed by Temp's energy, a grin adorning his lips.

"Gotcha, Temp! I'll try and not disappoint 'er!" Doug said as he tried to shake the man's hand back; a valiant attempt, though the man's sheer vigour couldn't be matched!

As they separated and each went to their respective corners, Doug picked his pokeball and threw it high in the air, releasing Caesar the Stoutland into the field.

"Awright, Caesar! Let's show'em how ya do it!" He said with a grin, prompting his dog to howl to the sky. Though he had lost his first (and only) match in the tournament, Doug trusted Caesar after having such a close match with a powerhouse like 's Rocky. He could handle just about anything!

"Ya may have the first move, Mr. Temp!"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,749 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:09:52 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"Right on! Dude, your pokemon is cute! Can I pet it after after our battle?" Unlike a certain other cat loving character, Temp just adored dogs. He even had a few of his own!

But, that was for later.

Tossing out a pokeball, he sent out his Swirlix. He had caught this little guy right on this very beach! He hadn't battled with him before, so the cotton candy puppy pokemon seemed a little confused. He wagged his tail at the Stoutland.

"Use... uh..." His brain stalled out for a moment. "Tackle it!"

The Swirlix charged forward to try just that.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:15:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Temp

Doug chuckled, grinning at Temp.

"Sure ya can! Gonna have to wait till the end of the battle, though!" Caesar loved petting, after all. All that fur needed to be properly tended to!

As their opponent was summoned to the field, Doug and his Stoutland both tilted their head at the Swirlix, noting it looked a bit... confused with its surroundings.

It obeyed orders just right, though!

"Let's keep'im at bay for now!" Doug ordered, prompting Caesar to open his maw white and rear back, roaring with all the power of a bomb at the Swirlix, trying to blow it away!

Caesar used roar!
[/quote]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,749 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:26:26 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
The Swirlix was barrelled back by the roar... and he sniffled, looking like he might cry! It wasn't even an attack! He was just kind of a big baby.

"Woah!" This was not said at , but to the Swirlix. Raising up a hand, to signal a small truce, he darted out onto the field and patted his puppy on the head. "Hey there little dude... it's okay. You and this big guy are just having a bit of fun, okay?"

The Swirlix snuffled and looked unsure at the Stoutland, but Temp's wide grin drew it back in. Slowly, it started to wag it's tail again.

"Yeah! Like that! Get hyped!"

Then he ran back off the field and gave a thumbs up to Doug.

"Okay lil guy, show him what you've got!"

The Swirlix seemed to think it over before charging forward... to Play Nice.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:33:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Temp

The Stoutland, a kind pokemon known for playing with children and baby pokemon alike, seemed reluctant to attack the little Swirlix after it nearly cried. As it approached and played nicely, the Stoutland could do little more than gently pat it with a paw, unsure of how to respond.

It glanced over at Doug for advice, who responded by shrugging.

How the heck would he know? He didn't kick puppies either!

Caesar used boop!
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,749 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:49:25 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
This was kind of silly. Since his pokemon wasn't really battling, Temp figured that this guy could have the win. This could just be something chill there their pokemon had a bit of fun.

Swilix, meanwhile, seemed to be having a great old time! He used an Aromatherapy to make it smell super nice since he was so happy!
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:55:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Temp

Welp. It seemed like god had decided that no fighting would be happening today. Lazily, the Stoutland dropped its bum on its hind quarters and elegantly sat, smiling at the Swirlix as it spread a wonderful scent all over the battlefield.

For his part, Doug simply stared back at Temp and shrugged, not about to break this out.

The public... seemed to be digging the wholesome display after so many bloody battles.

Well, so long as everyone was happy.

Caesar used dote!

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,749 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:59:21 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Swirlix, eager, barked and hopped on it's little paws before trying to snuffle up to the Stoutland. He licked at the larger pokemon. Not even in an attack type way! Just a cute puppy type way!

If anything, he was trying to encourage an After you so the other pokemon could show him how to play!

Temp made his way closer to , figuring that they could at least chat while their pokemon played.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:05:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Temp

With the battle having turned into the most amazing half-time show ever, Doug didn't mind as Temp quite literally went around the battlefield to chat, grinning at the man.

For his part, Caesar was happy to teach the Swirlix the games he had played in his own days as a little puppy, returning the Swirlix's licks with his own, lovingly dragging his tongue atop his little forehead before moving to demonstrate for the little pup.

Caesar used dote!

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,749 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:30:01 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"So like, I know this battle is just silly, but your pokemon looks strong! Are you like, famous?"

It was asked in good nature. Temp didn't watch a lot of TV or read the news unless it related to Slateport or Pacifidlog directly. He was out of the loop on who most of the Gym Leaders were, not just .

In the background, Swirlix was trying to Tackle the Stoutland with love and affection.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:36:36 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Temp

Doug released a bark of laughter at that, shoulders still quaking as he went to answer with a broad grin.

"Ah, kinda? I'm a Gym Leader, though I dunno if I'm 'really' famous yet!" He said with a shrug, scratching at the back of his head. "I'm guessing not, since there's still people who don't recognize me at times!"

Certainly, most of the people found within Slateport throughout the tourney seemed to recognize him, but he was pretty sure that was due to the League Merch being sold.

His particular merch had been straw hats, and well... In the middle of a hot summer? They were a hot sale, whether the buyer cared or didn't care for the guy on the pins attached to the straw.

The Stoutland gently rolled over as the Swirlix bumped against it affectionally, pawing at the little puppy gently while letting out a boisterous, laugh-like barks.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,749 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:22:44 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"Oh cool! Really?!" Temp was eager again, going in for the hug just as promised. He was also buff, and maybe tried to pick up for like a second. Just a small one. "That's so cool dude!" Letting him down, he gave an almost sheepish laugh.

"I might, like... maybe... I don't know yet... well, I could be your coworker soon! Since the League opened up those new Gym Leader positions, they've been talking to my dad in Pacidilog, and like, he actually thinks I would be better suited for it since I'm younger...."

It was kind of weird to talk about. He actually hadn't really told anyone about this rather new revelation yet. Not even . It was just something he was thinking over.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,949 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Temp [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:27:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Temp

Doug laughed as he was plucked off the floor in a hug, never one to reject some affection, though he wouldn't have expected from a man he just met!

"For real, man?!" He said, blinking with a broad grin.

He honestly had no idea how people became gym leaders have the time; for his part, he had requested for recommendations for his position from 's, 's, 's and 's, but he hadn't even been in the running before that, given his age.

"Well then! Looking forward to working with ya, man!" The new batch of gym leaders had all been pretty cool so far; the next Gym Leader BBQ looked to be even better!
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay
">