Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Alex (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:55:23 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Alex

Hello, Alex!

Feet crashed against the wooden bleachers, roars drowned out the Dj's music, the challengers marched into the arena-!

The tournament was drawing to a close quick, and those eager to battle had signed up for one last round of back to back to back matches.

Doug was no exception. He was here to find those hidden gems that had managed to slip through the cracks and give them what they deserved- the gleaming Honor Badge!

Standing off across his first opponent of the night, Doug had to admit he had a good feeling.

"Alex, right?" The youth spoke, two net balls in hand. "Pleasure to meet'cha- Name's Doug, gym leader of Mauville!"

With a sweep of his arms, his pokeballs rose high in the air, releasing a Parasect and Gliscor duo onto the field. "Win or lose! Show me what yer made off, and my badge is yours!"

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
Doug vs Alex (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:13:13 GMT
alexander silph Avatar

[attr="class","alex"]"oh gosh. this is bound to be interesting." he tosses the pair a look of concern, "don't be too reckless okay?"

alex tosses doug a curious look. mostly one that seems to be resonating with amusement. "nice to meet you doug." personally he didn't care too much for badges though the battle was certainly bound to be fun. 

"you can have the first move."

[googlefont=M PLUS Rounded 1c:300,400]
[newclass=.alex] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 11.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alex b] font-size: 12.5px; font-family: 'M PLUS Rounded 1c'; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alex i] font-size: 12px; font-family: 'M PLUS Rounded 1c'; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;padding:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.alexparty]float:center; display:block;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Alex (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:20:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Alex

Hello, Alex!

"Thank ya kindly, Alex! I'll do just that!" The youth said with a broad grin, before sweeping his arm theatrically, his voice booming his orders out. "Outta the way, Sidon! Give 'em the good ol' Cocktail, Bio!"

The Gliscor immediately began digging his way into the floor, swiflty disappearing underneath as the Parasect's shroom shook, its eyes gleaming before it reeled back and threw a colorful, gleaming ball of spores their opponent's way- Which exploded into a cloud of volatile spores upon landing!

Gliscor used Dig!
Biollante used Spore(sleep) and Poison Powder!
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
Doug vs Alex (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:32:30 GMT
alexander silph Avatar

[attr="class","alex"]the ampharos sneezes. again and again. it's rounded claws fumble around attempting to give riddance to the dust. however it proves a fruitless endeavor.

it falls into a poisonous slumber.

the hovering variant of raichu on the other hand is merely grating his feeble teeth against the effect. PROTECT emerges in the last moments of consciousness.

"you're pretty young for a gym leader."

alex blinks owlishly at his team.

"has this always been your dream?" 

[newclass=.alex] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 11.5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alex b] font-size: 12.5px; font-family: 'M PLUS Rounded 1c'; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alex i] font-size: 12px; font-family: 'M PLUS Rounded 1c'; [/newclass]
[newclass=.alexpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;padding:2px;display:inline-block;margin-right:25px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Alex (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:37:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Alex

Hello, Alex!

The youth chuckled, shaking his head.

"Nah, it came pretty spur of the moment, if I had to be frank!" He admitted as his Gliscor suddenly tore out of the Earth near his opponents, bouncing off the Raichu's protect with a yelp and stumbling into the Ampharos.

Sighing at her partner, the Parasect went on to add yet another component into the dangerous connoction, throwing in some rage powder for the electric duo!

"I don't regret becoming one, though. It's one step closer to accomplishing my actual goals."

Gliscor used Dig! It was protected against!
Biollante used Rage Powder! Raichu and Ampharos will only target her for a while!
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
Doug vs Alex (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 6:56:04 GMT
alexander silph Avatar

[attr="class","alex"]the clarity of their minds is shrouded by a sudden uncontrollable rage.

ampharos still affected by slumber doesn't manage to fully act upon this unlikely the quick—thinking raichu.

soaring forth by an unseen psychic energy the tail glows a brilliant silver. raichu spirals downwards to deliver an attempted iron tail. the poison still in its place. 

"spur of the moment?"

he smiles.

"a good one then. you look made for it." 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Alex (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 7:02:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Alex

Hello, Alex!

"Yeah? Thanks! It was a chance that presented itself without warning. I took it without a thought." He admitted. At the time, it seemed like one of the few ways to get closer to truly fighting off rocket.

Biollante screeched in terror as the Raichu came barreling at her in a fury, quickly attempting to seize the power of Nature around her. A large boulder surged between her and the enemy, a hopefully durable blockade that would allow her to-

CRACK!

No, wait, it was done and over in one shot.

Biollante began screeching in horror once again-!

But thankfully, her teammate wasn't quite so useless after all. The Gliscor flew after the Raichu, having determined the Ampharos could wait, his maw gleaming with frost as he attempted to throw his arms around the electric type and bite down!

"What 'bout'cha, Mister? Ya working the job of yer dreams?"

Biollante used Nature Power! It became Earth Power!
Gliscor used Ice Fang! (Freeze + Flinch)