saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 5:57:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"sure is hot today, huh?"

what a dumb thing to say. it's hot all the time in slateport, especially so during the summer. but matias chuckles anyway, not really the best at making small talk.

"you need a drink?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

she / her
March 16
Snowbelle, Kalos
demisexual
ranger
cadet
could we stay in bloom?
awards
163 posts
Zahra Belsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zahra
Zahra Belsky
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 8:58:30 GMT
Zahra Belsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","burst"]
[attr="class","whitenight"]

She misses the chill of Snowbelle, the cold winds that kiss her skin as she wanders the snow-covered streets with just a jacket to keep her warm. Ever since she's come to Hoenn, it's been endless days of harsh sunlight and sunburns, a real tragedy especially considering that cold weather only has terrible rain to accompany it.
[break][break]
"I'd appreciate it." She hums, watching as her Absol hides in the shade and pants. "Could probably do with some cold water for Ollie too."
[break][break]
It's a curse, how the sea breeze that blows in isn't strong enough, only providing even more heat when humans seek respite. Running her fingers through her hair, Zahra can't help but wonder if she should cut it.
[break][break]
"So, what should I call you? Matias? Or Silph?"

[attr="class","white"]
[attr="class","night"]
[attr="class","burstmini"]

vibe

hot summer

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

[newclass=.whitenight::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#cacaca; border: 1px solid #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.whitenight::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #cacaca;[/newclass]

[newclass=.burst]width:530px;height:400px;padding:10px;border:3px solid #ffffff;background: #eededf; /* Old breakowsers */ background: -moz-linear-gradient(-45deg, #eededf 0%, #deced8 100%); /* FF3.6-15 */background: -webkit-linear-gradient(-85 deg, #eededf 0%,#deced8 100%); /* Chrome10-25,Safari5.1-6 */background: linear-gradient(155deg, #eededf 0%,#deced8 100%)[/newclass]

[newclass=.night]width: 0px; height: 390px; background-color: rgba(40,40,40,0.6); overflow: hidden; -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.burst:hover .night]width: 200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.burstmini]width:100px;background-color:#333333;padding:5px;color:#ffffff!important;font-family:calibri;font-size:7pt;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:5px; text-align: justify; border: 1px solid #818181;[/newclass]
[newclass=.burstmini a]text-transform:lowercase;font-family:calibri!important;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Open+Sans][break]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 9:08:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias still isn't used to the warm temperaments of hoenn. kanto's similar, though it cycles through seasons a little bit better. he doesn't think he'll ever get used to it here.

"sure thing."

matias hands a cold bottle of water over to zahra, then bends down to pour some into a small bowl for her absol as well. he pushes the bowl towards teh absol, smiling.

still on a knee, he peers up to look at her.

"hoenn seems to be obsessed with silph for some reason. but i prefer matias."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

she / her
March 16
Snowbelle, Kalos
demisexual
ranger
cadet
could we stay in bloom?
awards
163 posts
Zahra Belsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zahra
Zahra Belsky
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 11:53:56 GMT
Zahra Belsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","burst"]

She gets that feeling, being recognised for the family you hail from and not the person that you are. But maybe she's reading a little too much into it.
[break][break]
"Well, wouldn't you be glad to know I'm not a Hoennian?" Taking the bottle in hand, Zahra cracks it open with ease, taking a lengthy drink as she indulges in the chilling sensation slipping over her tongue. "Thanks, Matias. Really needed that after herding all those kids on the beach. Come to think of it... You never got patrolling duties for this event, did you?"
[break][break]
With the water bowl placed before him, Ollie feels as if he's seen an image of an angel, excitedly lapping up the water without care for whoever may be caught in the splash zone.
[break][break]
"How's the battles been going for you? I swear I've seen you on the leaderboard at some point."

[attr="class","white"]
[attr="class","night"]

vibe

hot summer

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

[newclass=.whitenight::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#cacaca; border: 1px solid #ffffff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.whitenight::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #cacaca;[/newclass]

[newclass=.burst]width:530px;height:400px;padding:10px;border:3px solid #ffffff;background: #eededf; /* Old breakowsers */ background: -moz-linear-gradient(-45deg, #eededf 0%, #deced8 100%); /* FF3.6-15 */background: -webkit-linear-gradient(-85 deg, #eededf 0%,#deced8 100%); /* Chrome10-25,Safari5.1-6 */background: linear-gradient(155deg, #eededf 0%,#deced8 100%)[/newclass]

[newclass=.night]width: 0px; height: 390px; background-color: rgba(40,40,40,0.6); overflow: hidden; -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=.burstmini]width:100px;background-color:#333333;padding:5px;color:#ffffff!important;font-family:calibri;font-size:7pt;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:5px; text-align: justify; border: 1px solid #818181;[/newclass]
[newclass=.burstmini a]text-transform:lowercase;font-family:calibri!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 12:42:18 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"i'm glad to know, but your accent gives you away."

with a chuckle, he shakes his head.

"no. i'm just here to scout out some talent, or at least that's the excuse i gave them."

he winks, then stands back up to take a long sip of his drink.

"tiring, if i'm being honest, but it's fun. how's yours?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

she / her
March 16
Snowbelle, Kalos
demisexual
ranger
cadet
could we stay in bloom?
awards
163 posts
Zahra Belsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zahra
Zahra Belsky
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:53:39 GMT
Zahra Belsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","burst"]

She should really take a leaf out of his book when it comes to making excuses. Maybe that would get her superiors off her back and get her that sweet alone time to slack off and sleep in.
[break][break]
"Really? Guess what city I'm from then~" Though she's certain that she can place Matias' accent, part of her really doesn't wish to step on his toes, much less deal with a full-grown man having a breakdown. "Three chances. And as for a reward... I've got nothing!"
[break][break]
Zahra's at least honest when it comes to such things, a casual shrug matched with a lilting jest.
[break][break]
"When you've had to babysit lost kids, repeat directions and wrangle several rowdy men to settle a dispute... Let's just say, I'd say I'm tempted to play hooky tomorrow, you get? Barely gotten the time to battle anyone too... It's a real shame."

[attr="class","white"]
[attr="class","night"]

vibe

hot summer

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:56:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]three chances for no reward? matias chuckles.

"thanks for your honesty."

he takes another sip, then suggests:

"just call in a sick day."

studying her features for a bit, he makes his first guess:

"coumarine?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

she / her
March 16
Snowbelle, Kalos
demisexual
ranger
cadet
could we stay in bloom?
awards
163 posts
Zahra Belsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zahra
Zahra Belsky
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:04:48 GMT
Zahra Belsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","burst"]

[break]
If I could get away with calling in sick, I would have done so a long time ago."
[break][break]
She sighs at the very thought. How's she supposed to rest easy knowing the sin she's committed? Cooking up a lie and feeding it directly to her superiors somehow feels worse than not showing up to work at all... Maybe it's because of the hoops she'll have to jump through in feigning her sickness?
[break][break]
Coumarine is a good guess to begin with, a smile crossing her lips as she crosses over to sit by Ollie.
[break][break]
"Any other guesses?"

[attr="class","white"]
[attr="class","night"]

vibe

hot summer

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:08:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"well, you seem to hate the heat almost as much as i do, so..."

after a moment, he guesses:

"snowbelle?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

she / her
March 16
Snowbelle, Kalos
demisexual
ranger
cadet
could we stay in bloom?
awards
163 posts
Zahra Belsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zahra
Zahra Belsky
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:41:15 GMT
Zahra Belsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","burst"]

Ding ding ding! It seems we have a winner! Great deduction skills, o' Sherlock."
[break][break]
As Ollie laps up the last of his water, he's pooling into her lap, quietly digging his claws in the sand as Zahra hums.
[break][break]
"Definitely miss that place and the snow. Your only real concerns out there was wondering if you'd be able to open the door the next morning."

[attr="class","white"]
[attr="class","night"]

vibe

hot summer

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:50:15 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]what's his prize? oh right: nothing.

"i imagine you had to jump out the window a lot."

shrugging, matias looks over at an empty battlefield.

"wanna battle?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

she / her
March 16
Snowbelle, Kalos
demisexual
ranger
cadet
could we stay in bloom?
awards
163 posts
Zahra Belsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zahra
Zahra Belsky
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:03:44 GMT
Zahra Belsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","burst"]

"Either that or I could just spend the day indoors and laze around. One was more preferable than the other."
[break][break]
As Matias pops the single question that everyone at the tourney's been asking, Zahra looks to her Absol for a verdict. Bleary-eyed as he is, Ollie seems down to battle, just not at his full capacity so to speak.
[break][break]
"Just a short one. I'd like to see what tricks you have up your sleeves."

[attr="class","white"]
[attr="class","night"]

vibe

hot summer

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:12:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"it'll be short."

because the charizard that appears soon MEGA EVOLVES.

a DROUGHT appears overhead.

"you can go first."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

myriascope

she / her
March 16
Snowbelle, Kalos
demisexual
ranger
cadet
could we stay in bloom?
awards
163 posts
Zahra Belsky DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zahra
Zahra Belsky
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:30:57 GMT
Zahra Belsky Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","burst"]

A mega Charizard right off the bat? Oh, he's indulging her with this one. But damn, if she doesn't hate the extra wave of heat brought by the Drought.
[break][break]
"Welp, here goes nothing. Give it your best shot, Ollie!"
[break][break]
The Absol knows he's outclassed but his pride makes him refuse to stand down without leaving even a scratch on his opponent. Darting towards the Charizard, he raises his claws, going in for a simple Night Slash.

[attr="class","white"]
[attr="class","night"]

vibe

hot summer

BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,120 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS ZAHRA (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:33:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the NIGHT SLASH leaves a little more than a scratch but charizard fights through the pain. with one breath, the fire-type releases a stream of FLAMETHROWER that's amplified by the DROUGHT.

[attr="class","noodles"]