saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:36:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]the cooler of charja-cola's down to about half capacity now. briefly, matias wonders why it's so difficult to hand these out for free, then he remembers the amount of sugar in each can. he should probably stop drinking them for the sake of his health.

approaching a stranger on the beach, he asks:

"need a drink?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 13:56:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

It’s probably because of all the secret weird ingredients they talk about online, but Sol has never been the kind of person to bother with reading that sort of stuff.
[break][break]
When a stranger offers her a drink, she looks at the cooler with suspicion.
[break][break]
Is this man trying to drug her or something? He better not be stupid enough for that.
[break][break]
Still, she turns to face him, piercing violet gaze meeting his: ”Sure.”
[break][break]
A conversationalist, she is not, specially not with strangers she's distrustful of.
[break][break]
Yet, there is a pause.
[break][break]
”...Matias?”
[break][break]
What the fuck?
[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:12px roboto;--accent: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm b]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm i]color: #D25944;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm] position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:01:24 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]it takes a moment for recognition to kick in but when it does, he breaks into a smile, slightly disbelieved as he looks at a familiar face.

"it's been a while, hasn't it?"

pulling a can of charja-cola out, he offers it to her.

"i promise it's not drugged."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:12:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Even even slightly, she relaxes, familiarity being quick to make distrust fade away in favour of something else. What exactly, she’s not sure, as there are a lot of conflicting emotions that come with seeing Matias Silph again.
[break][break]
But Sol has never been one for emotions, so she steels herself, her expression a perfect mask of composure despite the thoughts that betray her.
[break][break]
”Yeah… It has.”
[break][break]
It’s an understatement. The last time they saw each other was in Kanto. It has been years now. Where has he been? Why is he here? Instead of asking, she takes the can.
[break][break]
”It better not be, or I’ll kick your ass.” Her tone is dry, yet the smallest of smirks reaches her lips. Joking around is not something she does with everyone.
[break][break]
She opens the can.
[break][break]
”How have you been?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .pokeclass img:hover]background:#D25944; transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxmm .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:15:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]nothing betrays the apparent composure on her face. he doesn't look past it regardless.

"it's cute that you think you could."

matias takes a can for himself and cracks it open as well before taking a sip.

"good enough all things considered. moved over a few months ago."

he'll have to speak with about making these drinks less sweet.

"and you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:30:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”It’s cute that you think I couldn’t.”
[break][break]
It’s better to leave it at that.
[break][break]
She enjoys the feeling of the cold can in her hand, taking a sip and savouring the sweet flavour of the drink for a short moment. It’s way too sweet, but she doesn’t complain or comment on it.
[break][break]
”Months, huh? That’s a big change. How are you liking Hoenn?”
[break][break]
’Why Hoenn?’ Is what she wants to ask, but this is supposed to be a reunion, not an interrogation, and Sol’s fond enough of Matias not to be harsh with her questions. Even if talking to people she knew when living in Kanto always comes with painful memories. In this case, memories of Magnus.
[break][break]
”I’ve been alright, I keep busy.” She shrugs.
[break][break]
It’s true. So busy, in fact, that this is just about the first time she has properly been to the beach all summer. She’s here to watch the tournament, she didn’t expect to run into anyone who knew her.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:34:48 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]they leave it at that.

"it's hot."

matias laughs, shrugging after.

"it's fine. the people are nice enough."

it's nicer than kanto for obvious reasons; even then, his fondness for kanto blinds him from fully seeing the true beauty of hoenn.

with a smirk, he pulls out a pokeball.

"not too busy for a quick battle, surely."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:50:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

Right?
[break][break]
For a second, there is a small smile. Sol likes heat, but even she can agree that sometimes Hoenn summers are too much. This summer is too much.
[break][break]
She takes another sip from the can.
[break][break]
Are the people here particularly nice? Sol wouldn’t say so, but she has never been much of a people person. There’s good and bad people everywhere, and only a handful are worth caring about. That’s what life has taught her. Maybe things would be different if she were more willing to give them a chance. Why would she though?
[break][break]
When he mentions battling, she raises a brow.
[break][break]
”What, don’t tell me you’re butthurt ‘cause I said I can kick your ass.” The slight smirk is back, yet despite her words, she reaches for one of her own pokéballs. ”Sure, why not?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 14:54:19 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"maybe a little."

as if to prove a point, matias calls out his charizard, then takes a step back to give them enough space for an impromptu battle.

"good. you can have the first move."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:10:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”You’re such a child.”
[break][break]
She rolls her eyes, but honestly, she finds it kind of funny – especially considering how aware she is that Matias is actually the older one here. He was her brother’s friend, after all.
[break][break]
Thinking about that part hurts a little but she doesn’t show it, obviously.
[break][break]
”Charizard, huh?” She also steps back, but she doesn’t bother with standing opposite of him as they usually would with a battle. To her, this is not serious, so why put in all that effort?
[break][break]
She calls out her Dusk Lycanroc. Same Lycanroc from back at Kanto. She nods, and this is all the instruction the pokémon needs to begin the battle.
[break][break]
From that point on, Sol doesn’t pay much attention.
[break][break]
”So, what have you been doing since getting here? Anything interesting?”

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:17:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]matias doesn't pay much attention either. the battle fades into the background; both charizard and lycanroc left to their own while their trainers have a nice conversation.

"mostly league business."

he shrugs, then looks away to a small crowd that gathers at the sight of their battle.

"but i am seeing someone now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:42:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Makes sense.”
[break][break]
Rocks fly, fire rages, the people in the growing crowd exclaim in awe and surprise while the pokémon fight. Sol’s expression doesn’t change. Once again, she sips her Charja-cola.
[break][break]
”Oh?”
[break][break]
At this, for a second, there is actually slight surprise. It’s not a ’Damn, who would date you?! (as sassy as Sol may be at times) but more of a ’I’m glad.’
[break][break]
”Yeah? That’s good. How did you meet?”
[break][break]
She’s not particularly interested, because Sol likes to keep everyone at arm’s length and she sucks like that. But, she’ll humour him. For now.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 15:48:55 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]why would she ever be surprised?

"we first met in kanto but never stayed in touch."

the band around his arm glows and charizard MEGA EVOLVES, likely dominating the battle. the crowd oohs and ahhs, clearly engaged.

"met her again not long after i arrived here."

it's vague and it lacks details, but matias has never been one to share much.

after a sip, he asks a question he already knows the answer to:

"anyone in your life, sol?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:16:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxmm"]

”Ah.” How many people don’t keep in touch with those they met in Kanto? How many people have someone they left behind? Sol doesn’t want to dwell on this, since nothing good ever comes from thinking back to everything and everyone she herself has left behind. Is she happy to see Matias? Yes, but she’s not happy that seeing him is bringing back thoughts of all of that. Still, she tries to focus on the good things. Such as:
[break][break]
”That’s sweet. You better make it last and not do anything dumb.” She hasn’t even met Matias’ girlfriend, but the warning nevertheless comes, even if an unnecessary one. Sol knows some men can be real scumbags.
[break][break]
She watches the pokémon, the Charizard’s mega evolution definitely resulting rather unstoppable even for her experienced Lycanroc. But the Wolf Pokémon doesn’t give in, and Sol knows she will fight until the very end of the battle. Or... until told to stop, but the question distracts Sol too much for the command to be given, if she had wanted to give it.
[break][break]
”Not right now. Not like that.” She doesn’t even bother looking at him.
[break][break]
There’s no need for them to discuss her list of failed relationships and meaningless flings.

[BREAK][BREAK]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,093 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
MATIAS VS SOL (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 16:20:56 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]"that's the plan."

little does he know he'd be doing something dumb and reckless in a little bit over mount chimney. but hey, it's hard to resist a shiny rock.

the battle plays out before him the way he expects it to — charizard's MEGA EVOLUTION gives it the advantage. that, along with the fire-type's ability to fly and remain airborne, makes the battle almost too difficult to win for the lycanroc.

"i understand."

because matias was the same way not too long ago.

[attr="class","noodles"]