Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 5:28:07 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Pryde

He did not recognize the man across from him in the arena, but he cut an impressive sight and a commanding presence, he would give him that. The generals in the military wished they looked as grizzled as the guy.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, sir." The young Captain said with a nod as he palmed a net ball, rearing back his arm before releasing his Nidoking unto the field, the large beast reeling back and roaring for the crowd before bringing its gaze down to its opponent, puffing hot air out of its nostrils.

"Let's make this a battle the crowd remembers."

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 5:44:17 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","prydeboxbl"]

There is a small smile on the old man's face as he sees the young man in uniform. Seems like there are still some kids who know to how to keep some class rather than dress like slobs. "Pleasure is mine Mr. Sullivan, I don't think I've ever gone up against so many GYm Leaders before, not my thing," he chuckles. Playing nice like he had been this whole tournament. [break][break]

Seeing the Nidoking he decides to bring out his own. "We'll see what we can do, though his Nidoking is even older than you so we'll see how well these rusty bones can do" with that he gives a whistle and his Nidoking uses ICE BEAM.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.prydeboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#a63d6a;[/newclass]

[newclass=.prydeboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 5:49:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Pryde

The man has a sophisticated air to him as he speaks, his words drawing a smile to Doug's face.

"It ain't for everyone." He admitted with a chuckle. Competitive battling could be... exhausting. Could lead to BURNT OUT.

RIGHT ?!

"Let's not them, Simon!" Doug said as he swept his arm, "Get in there up close and personal!"

The Nidoking surged forward, fists setting ablaze as he brought them in front of his face in a guard, blocking the ice beam as he advanced forward, fire and ice meeting together to create a thick coat of steam that spread across the field, leaving both pokemon and trainers blind!

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 5:56:29 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Some more than others admittedly, I excel more behind books personally," he chuckles as he watches the show. Seeing as the other posion type countered his ice with fire. Now if only the other didn't his nickname his pokemon. Such a childish thing to do. Despite not being able to see Raphael gives a whistle to use EARTH POWER. [break][break]

The shiny nidoking stomping on the ground to attack the other, and hopefully get rid of the dust. Seeing as the scar on his eye already made seeing difficult. His Nidoking was as scared as his trainer.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

[newclass=.prydeboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokesprite]color:#7f1f59; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.prydeboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:03:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Pryde

An scholar, huh? He wondered a man with such a naked disinterest in the... 'sport', so to speak, had bothered with entering the tournament.

Then again...

"I guess curiosity got the better of ya, since you're here?" He said with a grin, surmising the man was here to figure out what all the fuss was all about.

"From above!" Doug suddenly ordered vaguely to his pokemon.

Simon surged out of the dust, grime and mist with a powerful stomp, leaping above the elder's attack before spinning through the air to point his horn down at the enemy, a green glow flowing through it as he descended at high speed towards them!

-Simon used Mega Horn!

close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:13:19 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"I heard there is a bunch of unnatural phenomenon that goes on here in Hoenn and it drew me in, would have been here sooner if not for the injuries," he gestures to the scar on his face as he knows his metal hand isn't as obvious from across the battle field.[break][break]

The MEGAHORN hits and there is pain there, but Pryde's just found excitement in it all as he adjusted himself and counted the MEGAHORN with his own. The kings locking horns as it would attempt to jab at the other.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:18:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Pryde

The mention of the injuries brings a limelight upon them, and makes Doug wonder how a man claiming to prefer staying behind at the lab had obtained such grievous injuries.

But that was none of his business; not from a man whom he had just met. That would be plain rude.

"Hoenn is... impressive and fantastical in both the best and worst ways." Doug tried to surmise his feelings on the place as best as he could, his expression showing just how conflicted he was about the region that served as his home in place of the one that had been stolen. "I'm sure that whatever ya were hoping to find... ya'll find it here somehow."

Everything happened in Hoenn. If not now, eventually.

Locking horns fiercely, there was something in Simon's own chest that jumped at the chance, as if driven by an instinctual desire that couldn't be denied.

As they locked horns, the young Nidoking attempted to push past the other's guard, countering as he threw himself forward!

-Simon used Counter!
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:28:58 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Oh yes I hear the rumors, a hard government and those that claim that it can do better by doing worse," he replies, trying to make it clear he was on neither side of this war going on in the background. Though he's long ago since picked sides, even before his own children. Even before he met his wife. [break][break]

"However from a scientific aspect of it all, there is always new discoveries to be made and I want to be here to lay witness despite the dangers." maybe he was a little mad, but there was clear passion. [break][break]

The counter hits, and it hits as it strikes deep in an old wound from three years ago. Though they would keep going until they can't anymore. As with them up close it would try with an ICE BEAM to the face.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:33:45 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Pryde

Simon is blasted back in the face by Ice beam, freezing solid half of his face and momentarily blinding him, even as he smashes the ice down with his fire fists. Roaring in anger, the Nidoking throws himself at the elder, blazing fists swinging for the solar plexus!

"We're doing our best." Was all Doug could say in response to the man, tipping his hat. It was the truth, far as he could see.

The reality was that no amount of hard work alone could keep at bay every single crazy thing that seemed to always happen. Doug pitied Commissioner , who was always made to bear the guilt for everything that happened, no matter how impossible to oppose it might be.

"I can understand what you mean... I ain't no scientist, but I know just being in Hoenn is the right move if... I really wanna have an effect on the world right now." He wouldn't find team rocket out in the open like this anywhere else.
-Simon used Fire Punch!
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:41:33 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

"Oh I'm sure you and those you work for work hard as well young man, but every system has it's cracks," he thinks back to his own ordeals that has cause his heart to harden, "And I suppose in the end it just depends how you let effect you, will they excel or will they fall in shadow?" his smile continues as if he placed no blame on the young man or those he worked for. [break][break]

"Good, who knows maybe someday that fighting spirit of yours will get you somewhere someday," despite his talking he still is able to communicate to his Nidoking via a whistle for a new order. [break][break]

It seems like it was be an up-close and personal fight. And so he takes the fire punch before counting with his own with a POISON JAB at the other's jaw.

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:43:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Pryde

Heavy blows are exchanged between the Nidoking's as 's words leave the young man in pensive silence.

As Simon's jaw is stricken harsh, his body nearly slumping forward, his eyes gleam with the light of stubborn determination, his foot crashing down onto the soil and cracking it audibly as he brought his fist crashing against the other's face from his blind side, all of his weight placed upon it!

-Simon used Counter!
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:49:02 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

The other quite literally blind sided him in the end, and with an earlier attack getting in a critical hit in the shiny Nidoking in the end finally goes down. Though like all his battles before this one Pryde isn't bothered by it. He knows his king is recovering just like him and he doesn't hold it against him. [break][break]

"I think you'll do just fine young man, good job," he compliments before returning his pokemon

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:50:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Pryde

The youth responded with a smile, returning his own pokemon.

"Yeah? Thanks, Sir." Somehow, it was reassuring to hear, despite coming from a stranger. No, perhaps because of it. The man gained nothing from talking sweet to him.

"My thanks for the match as well."

-Simon used Counter!
close tab

played by

King

Lloyd Kvar
he/him
October 24
Married
Scientist
Ex-Head Scientist
203 height
203 height
awards
569 posts
part of
TAG WITH @pryde
Raphael Pryde
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:54:24 GMT
Raphael Pryde Avatar
[nospaces]

What the young man doesn't realize is that there is everything to gain from talking sweet. Especially to those in power, and whether they liked it or not Gym Leaders had power. "No thank you mr Sullivan, my nidoking certainly has needed this since his own injuries."

[break][break]

+ // HT Battle
[break]+

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,880 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Pryde [H✩T]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:56:17 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug vs Pryde

"I'm glad I could help him out, then." Doug said with a smile.

After a moment, he tilted his head slightly, feeling curiosity welling up inside him. This man was a character that stood out from everybody else he had met in the tourney.

"Sir." He says after a moment. "May I ask your name?"
-Simon used Counter!