awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
gift of champions [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 15:02:44 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
scratching cerberus' belly was an easy task. sam enjoyed it well enough. her limb flailing said he did a good job, and he smirked as he stood up. she immediately got to her feet in a mad scramble, panting and bouncing around like the crazy dog she was.

give her a second and one of the three personalities she had would kick in, changing her mood-- or so sam had figured out since getting the mightyena.

he made his way down to the port, where the ferry would bring people to mt. pyre the traditional way. some trainers would arrive on the back of something, surfing along the ocean. thus far, it was clear. sam was only down at the port to begin hanging up one of his warning signs.

while he did so, his mightyena gave a few things a sniff and panted along, making her way down the port and then along the boards, circling back to sam.

"you seem anxious today."

sam noted as he hammered the sign in. but his mightyena finally plopped down on some cool dirt she'd dug up.
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
gift of champions [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 12:26:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle arrives from the usual entry for mt. pyre, eyes widening at the sight of sam carter. a sigh of relief follows after as he gets off of his hydreigon that he used to fly over the waters.

"good. i don't have to climb all the way up anymore," he jests.

he hops off of the dragon and recalls it back to its ball. the expression he wears forces a smile as a greeting instead of any other traditional way of saying hi.

"heard you were having problems lately."

the news that got to him were the same old ghost pokemon causing havoc to visitors of the cemetery. if carter has any personal problems he's currently facing right now, it would just be a coincidence.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
gift of champions [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 12:40:31 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
kyle's words can be taken eight ways to sunday but sam only takes them one single way, with a smile and a firm nod. he's all business, sam carter.

"ghosts, ghosts, and more -- you guessed it -- ghosts."

he meets kyle about half way and gives the champion a delighted handshake. it's not all polite manners this time, he's genuinely happy to see the champ.

"i'm sorry it warranted your presence. mostly, it's keeping the place in check while i'm not able to physically be here that's been the problem."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
gift of champions [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2021 1:40:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes a glance at the mightyena scurrying around sam, unable to keep his attention away from it for long periods of time, before turning back to him.

"have you considered, uh, more dogs?"

it was the best defense against ghosts that even children can attest to. one hears a random noise from outside the window (most likely a cat), and their dog just swoops in to their rescue by barking back.

"do i still need to sell you the idea?"

it's a thought, but it's up to sam if he really wants this game of charades or not.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
gift of champions [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 13:45:51 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the idea of more canines, that chaotic energy, has him making a face. like he can't quite figure out if there's a bad smell or if it's his own body odor.

it's neither, he's just not the sort to willingly accept chaotic and bouncy energy into his life.

however, the notion of kyle showing him just why dogs are 'so cool' for hunting ghosts has sam shrugging his shoulders.

"i don't have anything on the agenda for the next few hours, so, sure."

a warm smile is given to the champion then, he waves his hand toward the mountain.

"show me the charms of your canines, then."
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,468 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
gift of champions [ c ]
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2021 18:59:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes a pokeball and releases a houndoom. it stands in between kyle and sam, eyeing its new surroundings.

"it's a dark-type."

that was all kyle has prepared. a silence sticks for a while when both of his pokemon stare idly. he feels the awkwardness slowly settle that he's physically hurt by it.

kyle decides to add more to his pitch.

"it's also, uh, super effective against ghosts? they also, um, bark when thieves break in, i guess."

he really thought he wouldn't need to do this when he offered.