jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 6:22:28 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden"] he comes crashing in, stumbling.

[break][break] he did it to him before, so jayden doesn't feel bad about it.

[break][break] alcohol thrumming through his veins, he stumbles. his fingers catch the doorknob, falling into the room.

[break][break] you can hear it - the way his heart simply aches - even in the way he speaks. "how did you know?"

[attr="class","noodles"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

[newclass=.jayden] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; padding:50px 80px 20px; } .jayden { --accent:#8252c7; } .jayden b { color: var(--accent)!important; font-size: 13px; } .jayden i {color:var(--accent);} .jayden a { font-family: inherit; font:11px 'Roboto Mono'; text-transform: uppercase; color:var(--accent)!important;} .jayden u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; color: #bfbfbf; letter-spacing: 1px; }.jayden .noodles { margin:20px 15px 0px; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; } .jayden .noodles a { font:bold 13px poppins; } .jayden .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .jayden .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .jayden .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); } .pkmns { margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 11:06:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]the door to his room crashes open and in stumbles a familiar face. it doesn't take cian long to understand the state he's in; he could practically smell it from the bed.

cian peers up over his phone.

"good evening to you too, bestie."

then sits up.

"how did i know what?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:20:37 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden"] he stands in the doorway of 's bedroom, feeling lost and vulnerable.

[break][break] "i —"

[break][break] he sucks in a sharp breath.

[break][break] "how did you know — i would hurt like this?"

[attr="class","noodles"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

[newclass=.jayden] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; padding:50px 80px 20px; } .jayden { --accent:#8252c7; } .jayden b { color: var(--accent)!important; font-size: 13px; } .jayden i {color:var(--accent);} .jayden a { font-family: inherit; font:11px 'Roboto Mono'; text-transform: uppercase; color:var(--accent)!important;} .jayden u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; color: #bfbfbf; letter-spacing: 1px; }.jayden .noodles { margin:20px 15px 0px; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; } .jayden .noodles a { font:bold 13px poppins; } .jayden .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .jayden .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .jayden .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); } .pkmns { margin-top:-30px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:27:02 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]it's not pity cian feels.

"you've never loved anyone before, have you?"

but sympathy.

"he's your first."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:32:02 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden"] "i —"

[break][break] how is it possible that cian is so good at this?

[break][break] hurt splinters it's way across jayden's face, twisting his head towards the other's across the room.

[break][break] "yes. i - i don't know. i think so." he swallows thickly, stepping forward through the threshold of the room. he sits at the edge of the other boy's bed, face falling into his hands.

[break][break] he closes his eyes, and when he does, he sees once again.

[break][break] he opens them, looking back at .

[break][break] "have you fallen in love before?"

[attr="class","noodles"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:35:28 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]when jayden approaches, cian waits until he sits before standing to close the door. no one else needs to hear this conversation — no one but them.

turning back, he considers lying.

"i have."

a pause.

"and it broke my heart."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:38:42 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden"] it's not the answer he expects, but it comforts him somehow.

[break][break] the little pieces of his splintered heart — slowly being woven back together. he swallows. "who was it?"

[break][break] another pause, head tilting. "someone in rocket?"

[break][break] it speaks true to form that jayden doesn't even consider that might have been outside of the organization. for him, such a world had never existed.

[attr="class","noodles"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:46:16 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian shakes his head.

"valerie; i called her val. we met in school."

slowly walking back over to the bed, he continues:

"she used to watch me race. she supported me through everything. she was there for both the good and the bad, and honestly, i thought she was the one."

he sits next to jayden.

"she cheated on me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:50:19 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden"] the hurt that sprawled across his chest the last few days snakes around his heart, squeezing. he feels abandoned, lonely, upset. feelings that had been pent up for the last twenty-four years push against a dam that he had spent a lifetime building.

[break][break] cian sits next to him, and it eases. just for now.

[break][break] jayden blinks at him.

[break][break] "the one?"

[break][break] it's almost comical that it's not the cheating he asks about.

[break][break]

[attr="class","noodles"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:58:58 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"your one true love, or whatever."

it sounds pathetic to say it out loud now — the concept of the one doesn't exist anymore. perhaps it never did.

"i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her."

he was ready to.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 14:05:28 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden"] true love.

[break][break] like glass, something wedges itself in his spine. pain blossoms.

[break][break] the word soulmate flashes by his mind's eye.

[break][break] was this how cian had felt when she'd cheated? was this how gavin felt when he broke up with emma? he swallows.

[break][break] a hand reaches across the space between them, fingers touching.

[break][break] "have you ever heard about luvdisc?" he murmurs.

[attr="class","noodles"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 14:28:29 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]fingers touch; he interlaces them moments after, squeezing.

the question is met with slight confusion and a chuckle.

"what, the pokemon?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 14:37:25 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden"] "... yeah."

[break][break] jayden does not laugh.

[break][break] instead, he stares down at their fingers, intertwined. it is warm — but not the same spark of electricity when he thought about holding hands with at the vital spirit festival. not the same heat that made his cheeks flush, made his stomach twist into knots.

[break][break] he takes a breath.

[break][break] "did you know if you give one to someone — it's like a confession? they say if you give your partner one, you'll be soulmates for life."

[break][break] or at least, that's what he'd thought.

[break][break]

[attr="class","noodles"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,806 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 6:50:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"no, i didn't know."

soulmates for life — the idea makes him scoff. he had believed it once, too.

how foolish he had been.

"did he give you one?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,145 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
crashing into you
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 7:03:25 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayden"] he bites his bottom lip.

[break][break] anxiety trills like a songbird in jayden's chest, and he looks away.

[break][break] "... yes."

[break][break] it's a confession — an embarrassing one.

[attr="class","noodles"]

[attr="class","pkmns"]