forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2021 21:40:25 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab1"]
HM...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
gabriel sat at the head of the table; a motion more familiar to him than breathing, at this point. since his father stepped down, and he took over, it came naturally, and without thought.
[break]

[break]

but, eyes rested on the empty chairs around him, his expression stone. with the will of a mountain, he suppresses the sigh that threatens to climb-up. void of any eagerness, gabriel reaches for the silverware.
[break][break]
before he could begin, the pyroar at his feet turn their attentions upwards. small, purposed swings of their tail tell them all he needs to know.
[break][break]
"ms. amemiya."
[break][break]
his voice was low, but carried strength. the fact he hadn't even turned to look at her arrival, yet still projected confidence in that it was her, only added to it.
[break][break]
"please, sit. join me."

[break]
[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.gab1]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.gab1 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/HXm26vW/gibby1.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 15:57:50 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","suzume"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Within this house, she often felt like a bird trapped behind thin brass strappings, with only a tiny door to let her out. Eyes watched her constantly, made her tiny bird-like heart beat rapidly in her chest.[break][break]

Or it would have, if she wasn't trained for this.[break][break]

Even still, as she approaches the dining room to deliver a letter for the man at the head of the table, she feels discomfort as numerous eyes turn to watch her every move. She was a bird in the center of the lion's den.[break][break]

Her eyes glance up from the Pyroar at the forefront of the pile, her honey brown eyes settling on Gabriel's face. He doesn't look up from his dinner plate but seems to recognize her anyway. There is only a moment of hesitation, measured to look natural, made purposefully - though there was some nugget of truth - before she approaches to sit in one of the available seats. [break][break]

She sets the letter down to slide it toward him.[break][break]

"The man who dropped this off insisted it was urgent - I wouldn't have interrupted your meal if it sounded as though he were lying."

[attr="class","ooc"] tagged

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".suzume"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume"]--accent:#AD8F2D; --speech:#AD8F2D;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/2vpMTG2/suzu-post.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 21:35:30 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab1"]
HM...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
wordlessly, gabriel takes the letter from the woman and notes the lack of formality on it's surface. in that same silence he opens, and reviews the letter. there's an uncomfortable silence for one, to two minutes, as he addresses the contents. while he does a figure emerges from the kitchen, placing a full plate and soup bowl in front of suzu.
[break][break]
"ms. amemiya, i appreciate the haste at which you delivered this to me."
[break][break]
he gives her a soft, barely noticeable smile. it feels, and looks alien on the man.
[break][break]
"please, eat. tell me what you've been up too recently."
[break]

[newclass=.gab1 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.gab1 .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

[break]

[newclass=.gab1 .setting]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/HXm26vW/gibby1.png); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(110%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 21:46:24 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","suzume"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The silence isn't uncomfortable - what is is the plate and bowl set before her. It smells.. good, and good was always suspicious.[break][break]

Her eyes shift to him again, her expression neutral, polite, perfect. But beneath the porcelain doll-like face is a wash of suspicion. She doesn't allow her eyes to wander, even though the writing that bleeds through the back of the letter beckons to her, she doesn't slip. [break][break]

"Of course, sir."[break][break]

Her words carry double meaning- a response both to his thanks and to his invitation to eat. Slowly, the woman reaches for her fork, forgoing the hot soup in favor of what is on the plate. [break][break]

"I have been familiarizing myself with the city, settling in, reconnecting with my brother."[break][break]

Suzu finds his smile, but her attention doesn't linger. She looks away and back to her plate, fork stuck with lettuce. The woman isn't hungry, but he's insisted.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".suzume"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/2vpMTG2/suzu-post.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".suzume .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 22:01:57 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab1"]
HM...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
his appetite wanes, but he lifts a broth filled spoon to his mouth. he's distracted, mind still pouring over the contents of the letter and his intended response.
[break]

[break]

there's a game of chest that plays in his mind even as she speaks; he's careful to lend at least one ear towards the conversation.
[break][break]
"i wasn't aware you had a brother."
[break][break]
a lie. he, like any good employer, pried and pried and pried.
[break][break]
"are you two close?"
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 22:35:34 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
[attr="class","suzume"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

There is a subtle crunch as she chews through the salad in her mouth. It is thoughtful, distinct, as she thinks over his inquiry. She's met men like him, been personable, even. He was prying, looking for information.[break][break]

"Sure, as close as most siblings are, I suppose."[break][break]

She swaps to her spoon, dips it into the soup, lifts it to her lips. The taste takes her by surprise, as does the warmth as it trickles down her throat. It brings a very small smile to her face.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 22:43:33 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab1"]
HM...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
an expected answer.
[break][break]
"i envy you. my siblings and i are not close at all."
[break][break]
it's spoken in such a casual way, it's as if there's little emotion behind it. in truth, there is.
[break][break]
"i like to think my son and his siblings are close to one another."
[break][break]
gabriel doesn't have the faintest idea as to their relationships. the fact they were all still breathing gave him a positive outlook, or perhaps the movie stardust had lowered his expectations too much.
[break][break]
"are the accommodations of the guest house adequate?"
[break][break]
blues fall upon her in a subtle, scrutinizing way. then, his thoughts fall back to the letter, and the role she played.
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 22:58:44 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
[attr="class","suzume"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Suzu sips, delicate and polite, while he goes into vague detail surrounding his family. None of it is of particular interest, necessarily, other than, perhaps, the fact that the man has children. But even that isn't truly a surprise - she's sure that Theo mentioned details like that.[break][break]

"They are, sir. Thank you for your generous hospitality - and for the meal."[break][break]

She meets his attention this time, warm brown finding cold blue. The expression he holds, however, is not quite friendly. Suzu meets it with calm indifference and a polite dip of her head.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:12:33 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab1"]
HM...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
"nonsense, ms. amemiya. my schedule is quite busy and you'll need to be available at all hours of the day."
[break][break]
not that she'd probably mind. theo had similar expectations of her, if perhaps not more.
[break][break]
"speaking of, i will need you to contact mr. 's office and set-up a meeting between him and myself for tomorrow afternoon. further more, you'll find a cell phone placed among your belongings when you return. it is a secondary-line for another employee of mine, should i not be available. you will act in my stead. do you have issue with that?"[break][break]
there was little doubt and would get along rather well, should that be the case.
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:30:48 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
[attr="class","suzume"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Naturally. [break][break]

The routine is one she's familiar with, one that she would quite honestly be lost without. Her attention shifts back to her plate, disconnecting eye contact while he relays his instructions to her. They're simple, straightforward, typical of the job she's been set to do by his side. [break][break]

She is his little sparrow.[break][break]

"No issue, Mr. Black. Is there anything else regarding this employee of yours that I should know about?"

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:38:26 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab1"]
HM...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
she was his little sparrow.
[break][break]
"she values privacy, and discretion."
[break][break]
the fact he gives away gender doesn't escape him; subtle clues to a bigger game.
[break][break]
"treat her as you would me. her work is invaluable to this company."
[break][break]

a heavy gaze tears away from the food in front of him, barely touched.
[break][break]
"as is yours."[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2021 23:58:33 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
[attr="class","suzume"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Suzume brings another spoon of broth to her lips, and the heat agitates the old, grotesque scar across her face. Even years later, it is still sensitive to the touch, to the slightest change in temperature.[break][break]

"Understood, sir."[break][break]

Respectfully, the young woman keeps her gaze averted, but at his compliment and the weight of his gaze on her face, Suzu glances back up. She blinks, expression unreadable and plain. [break][break]

"Thank you, sir. I hope I live up to expectations."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 0:04:39 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab1"]
HM...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
there's a calling, there; a semblance of himself, and the youth he'd shed years ago. it reveals itself in her desire to please, and be of use, but most importantly, in pink scar that runs across the bridge of her nose.
[break][break]
he doesn't feel pity for her, but rather something close to... kinship.
[break][break]
"i hope so too, ms. amemiya."
[break][break]
he places a glass out to his right to be refilled, giving a nod in apprecation.
[break][break]
"tell me about your scar."
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

Castaway

Suzu
She/her
Twenty
December 23
Solaceon town
Demisexual
intelligence
grunt
single
30 height
30 height
awards
105 posts
part of
TAG WITH @suzu
Suzume Amemiya
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 0:17:38 GMT
Suzume Amemiya Avatar
[attr="class","suzume"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

The man is a titan, born from a strong family. It is impossible to tell what sort of man he would become, what he strove to be, what he wanted from her or from himself or his company. He could very well be a monster even if he didn't don the colours of Rocket.[break][break]

She is sure that if she failed to meet expectations, he had the means to ensure it never happened again.[break][break]

Gabe sets aside a glass, offers a nod, continues to speak to her without looking directly at her. He exudes power and authority, demanding without the need to raise his voice. It isn't a question nor a suggestion, and there is no room to avoid his demand- because that is what it is, a demand.[break][break]

Sing, little bird.[break][break]

"I was not always so sure-footed and well-behaved, sir."[break][break]

There is a clink as she sets her spoon down.[break][break]

"And Weavile are dangerous, as it happens."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

greyson

gabe
he / him
forty-five
december fourth
slateport city
heterosexual
ceo
councilman
191 height
191 height
awards
717 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gabe
GABRIEL BLACK
dinner
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 1:24:44 GMT
GABRIEL BLACK Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gab1"]
HM...[break]

[attr="class","setting"]

[break]
he was used to looming over others, in height, and size, and even in the industry. his voice is naturally commanding enough that people jump to, without even the need to press. gabriel rarely notices anymore.
[break][break]
"and are you now? sure-footed, and well-behaved?"
[break][break]
the turn of his head is casual; perhaps subtle, even. but the gaze that falls is anything but.

[break]

[break]